Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Billy Graham, Renowned TV Evangelist, Dead At 99 - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Billy Graham, Renowned TV Evangelist, Dead At 99 (2213 Views)

The Life & Times Of Desmond Tutu - Dead At 90 (Pictures) / Billy Graham Dies At 99 / Evangelist Billy Graham Dies At 99 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Billy Graham, Renowned TV Evangelist, Dead At 99 by butterflyl1on: 8:11pm On Feb 21, 2018
frosbel2:

"Graham over time amassed a reported net worth of $25 million."

Where did he get the wealth from?

Luke 6:38 (KJV)

38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again

In his lifetime he gave his service, his energy and the message of salvation to about 250million people and of course the word of God must be fulfilled as recorded in Luke 6:38.

So if he affected 250 million people and you say he has an estimated net worth of $25million this then translates to 50 cents per person for 99 years. So for 99 years he was blessed with 50 cents per person or in Nigerian currency that is about 180 naira in 99 years per person. This is absolutely nothing compared to his years of dedicated service.

180 Naira for 99 years translates to 1 naira 80kobo a year from each person and you are shocked about the $25million net worth? cheesy

God is faithful.
Re: Billy Graham, Renowned TV Evangelist, Dead At 99 by LaudableXX: 11:22pm On Feb 21, 2018
plaetton:
I just can't stop laughing .
grin grin grin

Yes, he did.

If you run an enterprise whereby you make money, much more money than you invest, by peddling something, a tangible product or an abstract ideas , be it faith, snake oil, holy hankerchief, holy water, books that promote your products or ideas, then , by simple logic, you are running a for-profit enterprise.
If you agree, you're a freemarket business person.

If you give away all or the far greater percentage of your profits for public benefit, then you are CHARITY.

If you keep all or a far majority of the profits for yourself and enlarge the financial fortunes of your family and children, then you are a bona fide tycoon. Again, that is encouraged in the freemaket system.

However, if you refuse to be called tycoon , and refuse to aknowledge that you are running a family business enterprise, pretending that you are doing some work for some invisible god that public are somehow incapable of doing, then you are obviously running a bona fide scam.

That you are runninga more organized and more sophisticated, scandal-free scam does not in any way exonerate you from being a scammer.

Simple.
Guy, you are beginning to sound just too ridiculous. sad Did you audit any of Billy Graham's financial records, for you to know that he ran a so-called "faith-for-profit" enterprise or a charity? No one is forcing you to believe in Billy Graham's teachings, but it does sound stuvpid that you are willing to disparage the man's work, when you have no proof of what he is worth, or what his financial dealings, were.

1 Like

Re: Billy Graham, Renowned TV Evangelist, Dead At 99 by plaetton: 12:54am On Feb 22, 2018
LaudableXX:

Guy, you are beginning to sound just too ridiculous. sad Did you audit any of Billy Graham's financial records, for you to know that he ran a so-called "faith-for-profit" enterprise or a charity? No one is forcing you to believe in Billy Graham's teachings, but it does sound stuvpid that you are willing to disparage the man's work, when you have no proof of what he is worth, or what his financial dealings, were.

Disparage what work exactly ?

Let me repeat again in another way, in case you didn't comprehend my earlier points.

A Charity is a public enterprise.
No matter who is the founder of a Charity, all monies donated, accrued or earned belongs to the charity, not to an individual or his family members.

Billy Graham ministries was not public enterprise. It was a private enterprise run by Billy Graham and his family.
It Isa family run enterprise, whether you call it a ministry or whatever.

Billy Graham and his family earned lucrative incomes and accumulated incredible wealth running that religio-business enterprise.

When a person earns a lucrative income and accumulates wealth , we call that person a successful businessman, genius or tycoon.

Whenever a person does same under the pretext of a religion where he earns stupendous wealth from selling faith or paraphernalia related to the faith he is selling, then we call that a scam.
Pure and simple.

That he exhudes humility, calmness and is less flamboyant than say Oyedepo and many of his contemporaries in the god/Jesus-scam business doesn't make him any less of a scammer.
Re: Billy Graham, Renowned TV Evangelist, Dead At 99 by LaudableXX: 1:08am On Feb 22, 2018
plaetton:

Let me repeat again in another way, in case you didn't comprehend my earlier points.

No matter who is the founder of a Charity, all monies donated, accrued or earned belongs to the charity, not to an individual or his family members.

Billy Graham ministries was not public enterprise. It was a private enterprise run by Billy Graham and his family.

Billy Graham and his family earned lucrative incomes and accumulated incredible wealth running that religio-business enterprise.

When a person earns a lucrative income and accumulates wealth , we call that person a successful businessman, genius or tycoon.

Whenever a person does same under the pretext of a religion where he earns stupendous wealth from selling faith or paraphernalia related to the faith he is selling, then we call that a scam.
Pure and simple.

That he exhudes humility, calmness and is less flamboyant than say Oyedepo and many of his contemporaries in the god/Jesus-scam business doesn't make him any less of a scammer.

There is no need for you to respond with a lengthy disjointed epistle, that is so long on rhetoric and woefully short on facts. It shows you obviously feel comfortable peddling lies. sad It doesn't matter if you call it, a public enterprise or a private one. All enterprises registered by govt, are subject to an audit. Now for the second time, let me repeat my question: "Did you audit any of Billy Graham's financial records, for you to know that he ran a so-called "faith-for-profit" enterprise or a charity?"

A simple Yes or No, would do. No need for long story. undecided
Re: Billy Graham, Renowned TV Evangelist, Dead At 99 by butterflyl1on: 1:09am On Feb 22, 2018
plaetton:

Pure and simple.

That you spew all this from a place of deep hate for God or anyone remotely linked to him does not make you anything else but a lie monger and a spinner of deception.

All of you simply want armed robbers to flourish, yahoo boys to flourish but men of God should be impoverished along with their family as if investments do not exist and the only way people make money is via the things you allude.

Even if they were poor I am sure it would still be people like you who would ask why the God they claimed to serve would watch them suffer In penury when sinners are flourishing.

Your type are never satisfied. As long as it has something to do with God, your nitpicking would be on another level.

We have seen your opinion (because that is all it is) and we have duly discarded it.

1 Like

Re: Billy Graham, Renowned TV Evangelist, Dead At 99 by TomHagen: 1:14am On Feb 22, 2018
butterflyl1on:
I your lieutenant salutes you my General. Tell Jesus I will join Him too after I must have finished my own race. Fare thee well and enjoy your rest.
Shut up!

Crook.
No be only lieutenant, na sergeant!
Re: Billy Graham, Renowned TV Evangelist, Dead At 99 by LaudableXX: 1:16am On Feb 22, 2018
butterflyl1on:
That you spew all this from a place of deep hate for God or anyone remotely linked to him does not make you anything else but a lie monger and a spinner of deception.

All of you simply want armed robbers to flourish, yahoo boys to flourish but men of God should be impoverished along with their family as if investments do not exist and the only way people make money is via the things you allude.

Even if they were poor I am sure it would still be people like you who would ask why the God they claimed to serve would watch them suffer In penury when sinners are flourishing.

Your type are never satisfied. As long as it has something to do with God, your nitpicking would be on another level.

We have seen your opinion (because that is all it is) and we have duly discarded it.

The guy you responded to, obviously has deep-rooted problems, that is making him repeat such bile. People like him, have had their minds blinded by deception.
Re: Billy Graham, Renowned TV Evangelist, Dead At 99 by plaetton: 1:20am On Feb 22, 2018
LaudableXX:

There is no need for you to respond with a lengthy epistle. It shows you obviously feel comfortable peddling lies. sad It doesn't matter if you call it, a public enterprise or a private one. All enterprises registered by govt, are subject to an audit. Now for the second time, let me repeat my question: "Did you audit any of Billy Graham's financial records, for you to know that he ran a so-called "faith-for-profit" enterprise or a charity?"

A simple Yes or No, would do.
Comprehension comprehension.
Some read but do not comprehend.

Charities are not family owned and operated.
Charities are not passed on to children as inheritance.

Therefore, there is no doubts that Billy Graham ministries is not a charity.
I don't need to look at their audits too prove my case that the ministry is not a Charity. It is in the UK that Church-Preneurs are compelled by law to operate by public Charity laws.

Anyone that grows wealthy by selling one form of religious belief or another is simply running a scam.
That is just common sense.

That you admire and love Billy Graham is acceptable. That is just evidence that he was a Master of his craft.
It doesn't make him any less a scammer par excellence.
Being a Charity and making charitable donations from his god-scam are two different things.
Re: Billy Graham, Renowned TV Evangelist, Dead At 99 by plaetton: 1:27am On Feb 22, 2018
butterflyl1on:

I don't know why you are getting so worked up.

If you take Money from people, under the guise of a religious calling, and you enlarge yourself and your family, and live large on the sweat of those that buy your religious message, then by simple common values, you are a Bona fide Scammer.
It doesn't matter whether your name is Yahoo yahoo, Benny Hinn, Crefto Dollar, Oyedepo or Billy Graham.

Very very simple.
Re: Billy Graham, Renowned TV Evangelist, Dead At 99 by butterflyl1on: 1:49am On Feb 22, 2018
plaetton:

I don't know why you are getting so worked up.

If you take Money from people, under the guise of a religious calling, and you enlarge yourself and your family, and live large on the sweat of those that buy your religious message, then by simple common values, you are a Bona fide Scammer.
It doesn't matter whether your name is Yahoo yahoo, Benny Hinn, Crefto Dollar, Oyedepo or Billy Graham.

Very very simple.

Again, your opinion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Billy Graham, Renowned TV Evangelist, Dead At 99 by LaudableXX: 1:55am On Feb 22, 2018
plaetton:
Comprehension comprehension.
Some read but do not comprehend.

Charities are not family owned and operated.
Charities are not passed on to children as inheritance.

Therefore, there is no doubts that Billy Graham ministries is not a charity.
I don't need to look at their audits too prove my case that the ministry is not a Charity. It is in the UK that Church-Preneurs are compelled by law to operate by public Charity laws.

Anyone that grows wealthy by selling one form of religious belief or another is simply running a scam.
That is just common sense.

That you admire and love Billy Graham is acceptable. That is just evidence that he was a Master of his craft.
It doesn't make him any less a scammer par excellence.
Being a Charity and making charitable donations from his god-scam are two different things.
Didn't I tell you earlier NOT to respond with a lengthy disjointed epistle, that is so long on rhetoric and woefully short on facts? All this rigmarole you have embarked upon here, does not add anything to the subject at hand. It merely shows how deficient your logical reasoning skills, are. Now when are you going to answer my question? Let me repeat it: "Did you audit any of Billy Graham's financial records, for you to know if he ran a so-called "faith-for-profit" enterprise or a charity?"

Again, please note - a simple Yes or No, would do.
Re: Billy Graham, Renowned TV Evangelist, Dead At 99 by plaetton: 2:10am On Feb 22, 2018
LaudableXX:

Didn't I tell you earlier NOT to respond with a lengthy disjointed epistle, that is so long on rhetoric and woefully short on facts? All this rigmarole you have embarked upon here, does not add anything to the subject at hand. It merely shows how deficient your logical reasoning skills, are. Now when are you going to answer my question? Let me repeat it: "Did you audit any of Billy Graham's financial records, for you to know if he ran a so-called "faith-for-profit" enterprise or a charity?"

Again, please note - a simple Yes or No, would do.
Nonsense. I don't owe you any simple yes or no answer, considering you have made no attempts to answer my simple yes or no answers to simple questions posed earlier.
1. Did he and his family become very wealthy through his ministry? Yes or No ?

2.Did his children inherit his ministry (family business) ? Yes or No ?

3. And lastly, this particular point is probably the difference between yours and my viewpoints .
People who accumulate personal wealth through evangelism are scammers ?
Yes or No ?

Now, since you are harping on Billy Graham ministries audit, why don't you post it here to bolster whatever argument you are desperately trying to make.
Re: Billy Graham, Renowned TV Evangelist, Dead At 99 by LaudableXX: 2:15am On Feb 22, 2018
plaetton:

Nonsense. I don't owe you any simple yes or no answer, considering you have made no attempts to answer my simple yes or no answers to simple questions posed earlier.
1. Did he and his family become very wealthy through his ministry? Yes or No ?

2.Did his children inherit his ministry (family business) ? Yes or No ?

3. And lastly, this particular point is probably the difference between yours and my viewpoints .
People who accumulate personal wealth through evangelism are scammers ?
Yes or No ?

Now, since you are harping on Billy Graham ministries audit, why don't you post it here to bolster whatever argument you are desperately trying to make.

(sigh!) Another long epistle "full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." sad Why do you like digressing so much? The question was simple, and quite clear. So let me repeat it again very slowly, maybe this time it will get through to your head - "Did you audit any of Billy Graham's financial records, for you to know if he ran a so-called "faith-for-profit" enterprise or a charity?" Why do you find it so difficult to provide an answer, but prefer to continue rambling unnecessarily like a hypochondriac?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Trinity Biblical? / Who Is The Keeper Of The Money Bag In Churches / Googlism!! People Worship Google As God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.