Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

The Best Way To Get Involed In Dried Split Ginger Trading In Southern Kaduna - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The Best Way To Get Involed In Dried Split Ginger Trading In Southern Kaduna (2503 Views)

The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna / Dawadawa/ogiri/iru/locust Beans In Dried And Powder Form / Dried Split Ginger Needed To Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Way To Get Involed In Dried Split Ginger Trading In Southern Kaduna by iedide: 3:23pm On Feb 21, 2018
If you don't live in Southern Kaduna and you want to get involved in the dried split ginger trading(i.e buying and selling), don't buy in the open market - you will most likely fail. Instead follow this process:

1)Get a warehouse preferably in Kafanchan, which is the capital of Southern Kaduna(Warehouses go for about N300,000/annum).
2)Get a weighing scale(there is one for N35,000 around here called CAMRY).
3)Invite suppliers to supply you cleaned dried split ginger in your warehouse. But here is the key, suppliers must bring the unclean ginger to your warehouse premises to clean so that you and your supervisors can be in charge of the supervision of the ginger cleaning to meet up with the required standard of your buyers. Most Exporters opt for GRADE A CLEAN or AMERICAN CLEAN. In case you are wondering what cleaning really means, it is the process of taking out the following from the ginger bought from the open market or even from the farmer directly: dust(dried ginger comes with dust), ginger affected with bacteria locally called mold(probably caused by bagging and keeping for long of ginger not dried to required level), ginger affected by black area(maybe caused by disease from farm), muzzle(not really sure if it is "muzzle" or "muscle" but this refers to dried ginger finger that isn't splited), fresh ginger(or not dried to required standard) among dried ones, roots(from harvested ginger), and then what is called grade b(the ones that are not looking so bright), other foreign items like rat shit, stones etc; so at the end of the day you are left with only white, dried, cleaned ginger.
4)Once you get required no. of bags, load your goods to your buyers warehouse. SIMPLE.
5)Get paid and start the process all over.

At the moment, you can buy ginger from suppliers in your warehouse for N8,000(subject to change anytime depending on current open market price). So lets say your capacity is 600bags(which is a full trailer or container load) before making your own supply to your buyers, the cost implication and possible profit at this time will be:
600bags * N8000 = N4,800,000,
Assuming you bought 600bags over a period of 4days and you have
5 supervisors which you are paying N1200/ginger cleaning day(i.e you don't need them or pay them when there is no cleaning to be done),
then 5supervisors * N1,200 * 4days = N24,000,
Bagging of ginger, sewing of bags and scaling of ginger bags(40kg/bag), N80 * 600bags = N48,000,
Loading of Trailer, N20 * 600bags = N12,000.
Transportation: Depends on distance. Within Kafanchan: N50, Within Kaduna: N250, Kano: N400, Lagos: N550. Assuming you are supplying to a buyer within Kaduna state, lets say in Kachia lga, then N250 * 600bags = N150,000.
Total cost = N5,034,000
Your Profit depends on what your buyer is buying at the moment, here is what a few buyers i know of are buying at the moment:
ZLM Kafanchan: N250,000/tonne. A tonne is 1000kg or 25nos. of 40kg bag.
ZLM Kachia: same as above,
Afex Kachia: N260,000/tonne
So let assume that you sold to ZLM Kachia,
Your profit for that supply will be, N10,000/bag(i.e N250,000/tonne) * 600bags = N6,000,000 minus N5,034,000, which is N966,000.
Now if you can do 4 supplies in one month, then you should expect N966,000 * 4 = N3,864,000 as profit for that month.

Please remember, especially if you are a newbie; do not buy ginger from the open market, get suppliers to supply you at your warehouse. There are more than enough suppliers willing to supply you at a good price. Do not bother with how the are able to supply at that rate, it is their area; they know the place more than you. Think of partnering with someone who is on ground, knows the people and understand the business(not the locals o).

N/B Some buyers will re-clean ginger you supply them before payment, that may waste your time a bit unless your ginger is very up to standard. Better for you if you have capital for more than what you supply at a time so that you can continue buying even if your supplier is delaying by rechecking the standard of ginger you supplied before payment. This really helps you keep your suppliers from drifting to some other buyer.

By the way, once started; work on getting an export deal, the pricing is always better especially as it is priced in US dollars. But you can't get an export deal except you get started, cause international buyers like to send their agents for inspection of the quality of your goods before even getting into any deal.

2 Likes

Re: The Best Way To Get Involed In Dried Split Ginger Trading In Southern Kaduna by Reubenxtra(m): 6:03pm On Feb 21, 2018
Nice One!
Re: The Best Way To Get Involed In Dried Split Ginger Trading In Southern Kaduna by manfred10(m): 6:15pm On Dec 29, 2018
This is a beautiful write up
Re: The Best Way To Get Involed In Dried Split Ginger Trading In Southern Kaduna by yuswas: 5:53am On Jan 22, 2019
Please I need your number ASAP.....thank you
Re: The Best Way To Get Involed In Dried Split Ginger Trading In Southern Kaduna by caponi72: 5:19pm On Jan 27, 2019
Nice write up. Please i need your number, I want to learn more from you, because i want to go into export. I'm in the process of registering my company with NEPC. Thanks and God bless you. 08033147474.
Re: The Best Way To Get Involed In Dried Split Ginger Trading In Southern Kaduna by Ethateem: 12:05am On Feb 15, 2020
How much is dry split ginger now,pls send me details on my WhatsApp number 07051149454
Re: The Best Way To Get Involed In Dried Split Ginger Trading In Southern Kaduna by Help4rmme2u(m): 2:40pm On Jun 30, 2020
Dry Split ginger is on an average price of #700,000 - #750,000 only per tonne

This is the cheapest price you will ever see in the market.
http://sylvafoodsngltd..com/

Re: The Best Way To Get Involed In Dried Split Ginger Trading In Southern Kaduna by TB33: 1:56pm On Jun 25, 2021
Nice one.

Could you give me your number or reach me on 08137821443.

Hope to hear from you.
Re: The Best Way To Get Involed In Dried Split Ginger Trading In Southern Kaduna by maisauki: 9:03am On Jun 26, 2021
I'm going to come back

(1) (Reply)

Poultry Farm For Sale In Ibadan / Ewedu Farming In Nigeria Is Very Profitable And Lucrative / Jos Farm Produce For Sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.