Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,145 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

NPF:- Hw Many Yrs Will One Spend As An Inspector Before Promotion To ASP - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / NPF:- Hw Many Yrs Will One Spend As An Inspector Before Promotion To ASP (23302 Views)

Police Officer Smoking Shisha In Uniform: NPF Launches Investigation (Photos) / Inappropriately Dressed SARS Officer Facing Disciplinary Action - NPF Reveals / Nigerian Police Salary Structure – How NPF Pay Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NPF:- Hw Many Yrs Will One Spend As An Inspector Before Promotion To ASP by Fmartin(m): 7:56am On Feb 22, 2018
my dad is going to retire at the rank of inspector after 8 years ...so tongue
Re: NPF:- Hw Many Yrs Will One Spend As An Inspector Before Promotion To ASP by Martin0(m): 7:57am On Feb 22, 2018
OboOlora:

My boo of life! How are u coping in that country? I heard people that make 500k/month are even struggling!!

hmm so u know and u heard and u re asking me?grin

well we just take am as we see am.
Re: NPF:- Hw Many Yrs Will One Spend As An Inspector Before Promotion To ASP by OboOlora(f): 8:05am On Feb 22, 2018
Martin0:

hmm so u know and u heard and u re asking me?grin

well we just take am as we see am.
Find ur way here jor!
Re: NPF:- Hw Many Yrs Will One Spend As An Inspector Before Promotion To ASP by Martin0(m): 8:06am On Feb 22, 2018
OboOlora:
Find ur way here jor!
to which place
Re: NPF:- Hw Many Yrs Will One Spend As An Inspector Before Promotion To ASP by upuphim(m): 8:14am On Feb 22, 2018
Try and complete your HND is best advice. Promotion in Police is based on mostly vacancy in your state which is called Federal Character or what Police call quota system. All the estimated years given before promotion to ASP will work if you are neither from Edo nor Delta States because they have more than enough indigenes in the NPF.

1 Like

Re: NPF:- Hw Many Yrs Will One Spend As An Inspector Before Promotion To ASP by ifiokbenzy(m): 8:15am On Feb 22, 2018
Usually, you should spend almost four years, if within your four years you are listed for the Insp. to ASP promotion course and you pass congrats, if you fail you may only be promoted to Senior Insp. where you are identified as Insp to the common men but your colleagues can tell that you are a senior Insp. The trick is that as a Senior Insp. You will be like a patrol Commander, Admin, Oga Traffic, etc. which will not give you the time to attend course and before you know it, you're a class captain Insp. O! boy use your head

2 Likes

Re: NPF:- Hw Many Yrs Will One Spend As An Inspector Before Promotion To ASP by osuofia2(m): 8:45am On Feb 22, 2018
jimioluwole1:
Good morning NairaLanders..

I've been trying to find an answer to this question for a while now but I couldn't because I just get to see something totally different so I decided to create this thread.

I really have passion in joining the. Nigerian police force. For now, I have OND in comp. Eng,, and with that I can join as an inspector (based on findings)

So I want to know the min. number of years it would take for one to be promoted from Inspector to ASP..

Urgent answers needed pls, thanks.
is recruitment for inspector on?
Re: NPF:- Hw Many Yrs Will One Spend As An Inspector Before Promotion To ASP by osuofia2(m): 8:52am On Feb 22, 2018
jimioluwole1:

I've been trying to find an answer to this question for a while now but I couldn't because I just get to see something totally different so I decided to create this thread.

I really have passion in joining the. Nigerian police force. For now, I have OND in comp. Eng,, and with that I can join as an inspector (based on findings)

So I want to know the min. number of years it would take for one to be promoted from Inspector to ASP..

Are they recruiting for inspector?
Re: NPF:- Hw Many Yrs Will One Spend As An Inspector Before Promotion To ASP by Namt: 8:53am On Feb 22, 2018
There's no specification d only tyn z if God give u kind hearted IGP and Psc chairman den 4-6 yrs after ur confirmation
Re: NPF:- Hw Many Yrs Will One Spend As An Inspector Before Promotion To ASP by fajob: 8:54am On Feb 22, 2018
So lovely and beautiful
We are Expert in
1. Web Design/Programing/Development
2. Digital Marketing
3. CCTV/IPTV/Projectors
4.Radio(walkie-talkie)
(Trainings and Installations
CALL/WHATSAPP 07038641600...my signature
Re: NPF:- Hw Many Yrs Will One Spend As An Inspector Before Promotion To ASP by samsononyilo(m): 9:11am On Feb 22, 2018
jimioluwole1:

I thought this ongoing recruitment exercise is for ssce holders?
Re: NPF:- Hw Many Yrs Will One Spend As An Inspector Before Promotion To ASP by Augiiee(m): 9:13am On Feb 22, 2018
Dottore:
Normally 3 to 4 years but your village witches can make it as lengthy as 15 years depending on their strenght and your resistance ratio.
#TrueThat
Re: NPF:- Hw Many Yrs Will One Spend As An Inspector Before Promotion To ASP by Coolgent(m): 9:17am On Feb 22, 2018
Go to any corrupt police officer and pay 500 naira only, u will surely get all the necessary information
Re: NPF:- Hw Many Yrs Will One Spend As An Inspector Before Promotion To ASP by Engrr(m): 9:36am On Feb 22, 2018
jimioluwole1:

This is 2 differnet cadres.....I am not a police officer but I can tell you that with your OND it will take you more than you expected to get to ASP because this is officer cadre wihich is for graduates and above. So for those saying 3 years, don't think this is just ordinary promotion. There is a big difference between Inspector and ASP. It is just like saying Staff Sergent and 2nd Lieutenant in the Army!
Re: NPF:- Hw Many Yrs Will One Spend As An Inspector Before Promotion To ASP by Nicklaus619(m): 9:42am On Feb 22, 2018
OboOlora:
I Will comment later, let me ask Iku Ramoni

Op, go for ur BSc, then come back and take the ASP. U will do better spending that 3/4yrs in school than spending it harassing innocent commuters at Ayobo bus stop for 50naira!

Oop follow this advice and u will be good
Re: NPF:- Hw Many Yrs Will One Spend As An Inspector Before Promotion To ASP by NafeesaAA(f): 9:43am On Feb 22, 2018
As an Inspector of Police in the NPF, normally what is required is to first pass your confirmation exam and get selected to attend Board Interview which will be done at the command level and at the zonal level.

Once you have passed your confirmation exams to attain the Inspector 2Bar, you have your 3 APERS ready from attending your BOARD . Then you are eligible to be promoted as ASP II on Probation. But then, that is the easiest part or the theoretical part, because promotion of Inspectors to ASP depends on available vacancies. So effectively, you may spend 5-7yrs depending on how the blacklog on inspector promotion is at that time.

We had cases of Inspectors stagnation for 9yrs due to lack of promotion and inability of the inspector boards to convene. But then, I think the most senior inspectors currently on ground are 2011 set. Meaning they are almost 7yrs on the rank and am sure they will get their promotion this year because their list is already at the Force HQ.

HOW DO I KNOW THIS? AM PART OF THE SYSTEM

3 Likes

Re: NPF:- Hw Many Yrs Will One Spend As An Inspector Before Promotion To ASP by ThatKING(m): 9:50am On Feb 22, 2018
NafeesaAA:
As an Inspector of Police in the NPF, normally what is required is to first pass your confirmation exam and get selected to attend Board Interview which will be done at the command level and at the zonal level.

Once you have passed your confirmation exams to attain the Inspector 2Bar, you have your 3 APERS ready from attending your BOARD . Then you are eligible to be promoted as ASP II on Probation. But then, that is the easiest part or the theoretical part, because promotion of Inspectors to ASP depends on available vacancies. So effectively, you may spend 5-7yrs depending on how the blacklog on inspector promotion is at that time.

We had cases of Inspectors stagnation for 9yrs due to lack of promotion and inability of the inspector boards to convene. But then, I think the most senior inspectors currently on ground are 2011 set. Meaning they are almost 7yrs on the rank and am sure they will get their promotion this year because their list is already at the Force HQ.

madam how are you ooo grin the last time I went to police recruitment we were told that people with tattoo shouldn't even bother to show up. But looking and your left hand and right hand, I can tell you naa Oga grin cheesy
Re: NPF:- Hw Many Yrs Will One Spend As An Inspector Before Promotion To ASP by NafeesaAA(f): 9:51am On Feb 22, 2018
Secondly, entry requirements for C/Inp is not OND or ND but 5 credits Maths and English inclusive.

Another wrong impression on the thread is that Quota system for promotion still exist, that's a capital lie. You get promoted alongside your colleagues. Cadets from the same course are promoted equally, Rank and Files enlisted the same year are promoted the same day.

Each time they want to promote, they ask for MERIT LIST of those last promoted let's say 2010 or 2011. Once the list is available, those with disciplinary issues are removed, all on the list are instantly promoted
Re: NPF:- Hw Many Yrs Will One Spend As An Inspector Before Promotion To ASP by NafeesaAA(f): 10:00am On Feb 22, 2018
So Mr. OP. As things stand out, the minimum years you are going to spend as an Inspector is 5-6 minimum. The Maximum I limit it to 8-9. Once you get promoted to an ASP your next nightmare will be the CSP - AC rank. That's where officers stagnante for 9yrs before they get promoted to AC.

All other ranks is a smooth sail
Re: NPF:- Hw Many Yrs Will One Spend As An Inspector Before Promotion To ASP by Fourwinds: 10:02am On Feb 22, 2018
Eazi1:
on a normal basics with a normal country with normal village people its 3 to 4yrs..... d question z are u in a normal countqy?

Re: NPF:- Hw Many Yrs Will One Spend As An Inspector Before Promotion To ASP by Eazi1(m): 10:07am On Feb 22, 2018
[quote author=Fourwinds post=65276146][/quote]hmmm
Re: NPF:- Hw Many Yrs Will One Spend As An Inspector Before Promotion To ASP by hmuhammad(m): 10:16am On Feb 22, 2018
NafeesaAA:

come be my babe na. I don de trip for you
Re: NPF:- Hw Many Yrs Will One Spend As An Inspector Before Promotion To ASP by NafeesaAA(f): 10:16am On Feb 22, 2018
ThatKING:
madam how are you ooo grin the last time I went to police recruitment we were told that people with tattoo shouldn't even bother to show up. But looking and your left hand and right hand, I can tell you naa Oga grin cheesy

They are not Tattoo but Lalle in Hausa language and Henna or Mehndi or mehendi in English. It is a form of body art from Ancient India, in which decorative designs are created on a person's body, using a paste, created from the powdered dry leaves of the henna plant. It's not permanent like Tattoos, Henna can last 1-4 weeks, but usually it looks fresh for about a week and fades after that, depending on how fast your skin is renewing itself.

Here is the current one on my legs and arms

Re: NPF:- Hw Many Yrs Will One Spend As An Inspector Before Promotion To ASP by Beosten(m): 10:18am On Feb 22, 2018
Pearl05:

Go to the nearest police station and ask them for accurate information.

Lol. I wonder how strict you will be in real life. The question get as e be o. I designed the certificate of Police Training School, Oyin-Akoko Ondo State, and became a close person to one ACP who was the provost. I talked about a slot for cadet course that would see me start as an inspector, but he said ogas at the top use to distribute the slots. Even my RCCG pastor that connected me is still a corporal till today. From constable to Corporal to Sergeant before inspector after about 5 years intervals. No be beans o.
Re: NPF:- Hw Many Yrs Will One Spend As An Inspector Before Promotion To ASP by ThatKING(m): 10:19am On Feb 22, 2018
NafeesaAA:

They are not Tattoo but Lalle in Hausa language and Henna or Mehndi or mehendi in English. It is a form of body art from Ancient India, in which decorative designs are created on a person's body, using a paste, created from the powdered dry leaves of the henna plant. It's not permanent like Tattoos, Henna can last 1-4 weeks, but usually it looks fresh for about a week and fades after that, depending on how fast your skin is renewing itself.

Here is the current one on my legs and arms
tor faa. I have seen the laale tree in Ilorin while I was young
Re: NPF:- Hw Many Yrs Will One Spend As An Inspector Before Promotion To ASP by DJInfluence: 11:02am On Feb 22, 2018
Dottore:
Normally 3 to 4 years but your village witches can make it as lengthy as 15 years depending on their strenght and your resistance ratio.
Response of the week. lol ... grin grin grin grin grin i can´t top this.

1 Like

Re: NPF:- Hw Many Yrs Will One Spend As An Inspector Before Promotion To ASP by jude33084(m): 11:44am On Feb 22, 2018
jimioluwole1:

If you are not Hausa or Fulan maybe 12 to 15years cheesy undecided lipsrsealed
Re: NPF:- Hw Many Yrs Will One Spend As An Inspector Before Promotion To ASP by acenazt: 12:23pm On Feb 22, 2018
It's not about the duration it's about avoiding queries

1 Like

Re: NPF:- Hw Many Yrs Will One Spend As An Inspector Before Promotion To ASP by samsononyilo(m): 12:30pm On Feb 22, 2018
NafeesaAA:
Secondly, entry requirements for C/Inp is not OND or ND but 5 credits Maths and English inclusive.

Another wrong impression on the thread is that Quota system for promotion still exist, that's a capital lie. You get promoted alongside your colleagues. Cadets from the same course are promoted equally, Rank and Files enlisted the same year are promoted the same day.

Each time they want to promote, they ask for MERIT LIST of those last promoted let's say 2010 or 2011. Once the list is available, those with disciplinary issues are removed, all on the list are instantly promoted

This ongoing recruitment exercise is it only for ssce holders or for both graduates and ssce holders?
Re: NPF:- Hw Many Yrs Will One Spend As An Inspector Before Promotion To ASP by Cuteamigo1(m): 12:32pm On Feb 22, 2018
i thought they said police is your friend? walk into a police station and ask our friends na
Re: NPF:- Hw Many Yrs Will One Spend As An Inspector Before Promotion To ASP by Burgerlomo: 12:38pm On Feb 22, 2018
Dottore:

Re: NPF:- Hw Many Yrs Will One Spend As An Inspector Before Promotion To ASP by NafeesaAA(f): 12:46pm On Feb 22, 2018
samsononyilo:

This ongoing recruitment exercise is it only for ssce holders or for both graduates and ssce holders?

The current recruitment is for Rank and Files

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Company Punishes Protesting Staff With Late Payment (Memo) / Ask Me Any Question About Career In Dubai / Popular Lagos Traffic Warden Jumps On The Bonnet Of An Offender, Today, In Yaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.