Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Fela Durotoye Confirms He Is Running For President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fela Durotoye Confirms He Is Running For President (1405 Views)

APC Deployed N1.3billion Hush Money To Stop Hashim, As Fela Durotoye Got N750m / Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate / Buhari's Sickness: President's Letter Confirms He Would Stay Away Indefinitely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fela Durotoye Confirms He Is Running For President by NairaChronicles: 3:53pm On Feb 22, 2018
THURSDAY, 22 FEBRUARY 2018

FELA DUROTOYE CONFIRMS HE IS RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT

As you may already know, over the last 13 years, I have committed my life and resources to doing all I can to build a New Nigeria that would be the most desirable Nation to live in by December 31, 2025.

From nation building projects like Mushin Makeover (which was recorded as the largest non-governmental urban renewal project in Africa’s history), to raising the standard of education in our schools and higher institutions through projects & initiatives, to helping our young people across our nation Deliver The Future to corporate transformation projects and most importantly championing the largest non-governmental Values Infusion project through the 10 lifestyle personal creed that we share together on this network that has now been endorsed and actively promoted by a multitude of Nigerians across all gender, tribe, social class or religious affirmation.

As I have stated severally on this platform & in public, I have come to the conclusion that Good Governance is critical for any nation to accomplish its full potential. Infact, without good governance every other good work carried out by its citizens would ultimately be like pouring water into a basket and is therefore not sustainable.

This is why it became important for us to set up the  RUNNING FOR A NEW NIGERIA platform, where we galvanize a critical mass of people who would participate in the governance process either by VOTING or BEING VOTED FOR at the 2019 General Elections & beyond.

In line with our Values one of which is to “BE A ROLE MODEL WORTHY OF EMULATION”, I had to decide to get involved in the political arena rather than staying on the sidelines and only challenging others to go in.

It is my hope that as I step unto the political scene, many more of our brightest & best will arise to heed our nation’s clarion call to contest for elective offices, win the elections, and most importantly collectively deliver good governance to our nation.

Therefore, to be clear, I am aspiring to contest as a Presidential Candidate in the 2019 General Elections.

A lot of people have asked me “FD, what party will you be running on? Is it APC or PDP”?

Whilst it is true that these parties may have formidable grassroots structures, I strongly doubt that these old parties with their old ideology (of God-Fatherism also known as Selectocracy, Rulership, Money Politricks etc) would be able to deliver to us a New Nigeria.

And so, over the last few months, I have researched into several political parties to determine if their ideologies, vision and values resonate with those we share together on this Network.

I am glad to announce that one party has resonated more with me than others in Ideology, principles & a truly democratic internal political process that is open to all to aspire & provides a level playing field for the best candidates to emerge at all levels for Legislative & Executive offices.

I believe it is safe to say that I have found my political home, which I truly believe would be a HOME FOR ALL NATION BUILDERS.

Today, 2pm, 22nd of February 2018, I would be formalizing my membership with the ALLIANCE FOR A NEW NIGERIA (ANN) & formally joining the party.

ANN is a party founded by Professionals & technocrats with great political insight & wisdom required to build a formidable nationwide grassroot movement within the next 12 months & beyond. The National Chairman is Dr. Jay Osi Samuels, a Medical Doctor & a Renowned Public Health Practitioner respected globally.

As I move further on this noble cause, I’d like you to pray with me for divine wisdom, grace, favor, courage, strength & discernment.

Secondly, it is my desire that you will like I have done decide to step in the political arena & go beyond just registering to vote but also becoming a member of a Political Party where you would have voting rights, ability to choose your own candidates amongst those aspiring for office and where your potential aspirations cannot be stifled by any god father.

I strongly believe that your involvement in the political arena either as a member or aspirant within a political party would strongly enhance our ability to deliver good governance for the New Nigeria.

As you thoroughly consider the various political parties, I’ll like to recommend for your favorable consideration the Alliance for a New Nigeria. I want you to join ANN not just because I asked you to, but only if the Party Ideology resonates with yours as it does with mine.

You can check out the party & also join online via this link: www.alliancefornewnigeria.org

Lastly, as we together run for a New Nigeria, I would like us to create a buzz for this major milestone and spread the news by sharing the images from my page to all your social media handles, using the hashtag #RunningForANewNigeria & #DeliverTheFuture.

It’s 12 months the Presidential Election and we only have enough time to ACT QUICKLY, so let’s make each day count.

It’s time to choose our future over our past…

IT IS OUR TIME… And together, we will deliver the future.

God Bless You.

And May God Bless our Federal Republic of Nigeria.

FD

- February 22, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home

View web version

Home  ▼

NAIRA CHRONICLES

Naira ChroniclesView my complete profile

Powered by Blogger.

1 Like

Re: Fela Durotoye Confirms He Is Running For President by obanqua(m): 4:45pm On Feb 22, 2018
This is indeed a huge move but as a student of world and by consequence Nigerian politics, I think FD is gunning for too high a post and it makes me feel this is just another gimmick.
HOR, Senate will have been perfect and its where the laws are made - laws that can reshape our political landscape.
He will try, he will create awareness and hopefully gain much traction amongst the youth body for 2023 but 2019 and Aso Rock - I am unconvinced.
I wish FD all the best always, I remain a loyal mentee.

2 Likes

Re: Fela Durotoye Confirms He Is Running For President by Lomprico2: 4:46pm On Feb 22, 2018
Don't he want to support buhari's 2nd tenure again?
Re: Fela Durotoye Confirms He Is Running For President by FarahAideed: 4:54pm On Feb 22, 2018
As far as I am concerned people like this are only here to aid Buharis relection by splitting critical votes needed to oust the devil ... The battle to oust Buhari in 2019 wouldn't be an easy one and we need all our critical headed votes in one rail gun and not split into cluster by all these "I have dream " drive testers .. After we oust Buhari people like Fela Duarotoye can now prepare their " I have dream campaign " and we would support them but for now the battle to oust Buhari at the polls will be fought in the shameful trenches of tribalism , bigotry , sectarianism with pinches of intellectualism here and there for us to win ..This battle will be dirty and has no place for I have a dream people yet except they are coming to split anti Buhari votes in favour of Buhari .

3 Likes

Re: Fela Durotoye Confirms He Is Running For President by EarthXmetahuman: 5:57pm On Feb 22, 2018
FarahAideed:
As far as I am concerned people like this are only here to aid Buharis relection by splitting critical votes needed to oust the devil ... The battle to oust Buhari in 2019 wouldn't be an easy one and we need all our critical headed votes in one rail gun and not split into cluster by all these "I have dream " drive testers .. After we oust Buhari people like Fela Duarotoye can now prepare their " I have dream campaign " and we would support them but for now the battle to oust Buhari at the polls will be fought in the shameful trenches of tribalism , bigotry , sectarianism with pinches of intellectualism here and there for us to win ..This battle will be dirty and has no place for I have a dream people yet except they are coming to split anti Buhari votes in favour of Buhari .
this is the longest and "dumbest" thing I have read on nairaland this week.

How do you intend to oust buhari if credible candidates do not come out? oh we should oust buhari by giving atiku the power for 8 years first abi? Then when atiku under performs, people like durotoye should wait further while we oust atiku for another incompetent mor0n.

4 Likes

Re: Fela Durotoye Confirms He Is Running For President by FarahAideed: 6:02pm On Feb 22, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:

How do you intend to oust buhari if credible candidates do not come out? oh we should oust buhari by giving atiku the power for 8 years first abi? Then when atiku under performs, people like durotoye should wait further while we oust atiku for another incompetent mor0n.

I am a student of realism , I don't do emotions or sentiments ..Fela stand no chance in these trenches I see , he can only split votes which is a plus for Buhari

1 Like

Re: Fela Durotoye Confirms He Is Running For President by Xtopher123(m): 6:04pm On Feb 22, 2018
I got his mail too and I'm immediately alligning with the young Man..

No time for APC and or PDP..

Please release your Manifesto and Let the world know what you can offer..

Time to Run Massive Campaign for this Man.. We can control the Media Strategically..

1 Like

Re: Fela Durotoye Confirms He Is Running For President by EarthXmetahuman: 6:10pm On Feb 22, 2018
FarahAideed:

I am a student of realism , I don't do emotions or sentiments ..Fela stand no chance in these trenches I see , he can only split votes which is a plus for Buhari
oh, and what makes atiku more realistic than fela candidature?

What has atiku done to prove that he can perform better than buhari? "Ousting" buhari is your priority but you don't care about the candidate you want to "oust" buhari for. Isn't that moving around in circle?

Remove underperforming government for another realistic but incompetent government.
Re: Fela Durotoye Confirms He Is Running For President by Omeokachie: 6:25pm On Feb 22, 2018
We won't forget his role in foistering the present hardship on the people

1 Like

Re: Fela Durotoye Confirms He Is Running For President by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:02pm On Feb 22, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:

why can't he join apc or pdp and win primaries
if you can't win primaries you can't smell general election
Re: Fela Durotoye Confirms He Is Running For President by FarahAideed: 7:54pm On Feb 22, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
oh, and what makes atiku more realistic than fela candidature?

What has atiku done to prove that he can perform better than buhari? "Ousting" buhari is your priority but you don't care about the candidate you want to "oust" buhari for. Isn't that moving around in circle?

Remove underperforming government for another realistic but incompetent government.

I am not even of the opinion that Atiku has what it will take to oust the current Buhari so I am not betting on him .. My hunch tells a dark horse shall appear soon and when we see him we shall know .

1 Like

Re: Fela Durotoye Confirms He Is Running For President by EarthXmetahuman: 8:04pm On Feb 22, 2018
FarahAideed:

I am not even of the opinion that Atiku has what it will take to oust the current Buhari so I am not betting on him .. My hunch tells a dark horse shall appear soon and when we see him we shall know .
and if fela is not the dark horse, and probably every other politicians that have shown interest so far, who will appeal to you if i may ask?
Re: Fela Durotoye Confirms He Is Running For President by FarahAideed: 8:32pm On Feb 22, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
and if fela is not the dark horse, and probably every other politicians that have shown interest so far, who will appeal to you if i may ask?

Don't get me wrong I like Fela but he will not appeal to people from the North Central ,North West and North East , many of them have never heard of him and have no idea what his brand is about , Fela will end up splitting critical votes of Twitter Nigeria, house on the rock , RCCG , Fashion industry , and many neo evangelicals in the South West but that would end being a blessing to Buhari as those votes get split up ... The ideal candidate for now I suspect will be from the North with an appeal that can win over the South and middle belt whilst splitting critical northern block votes ... For me Buhari is beyond just a candidate , he is a representation of a diabolic assignment thrust upon Nigeria by no other than Satan himself so this for me is not the average election .
Re: Fela Durotoye Confirms He Is Running For President by remedick: 9:24pm On Feb 22, 2018
FarahAideed:

Don't get me wrong I like Fela but he will not appeal to people from the North Central ,North West and North East , many of them have never heard of him and have no idea what his brand is about , Fela will end up splitting critical votes of Twitter Nigeria, house on the rock , RCCG , Fashion industry , and many neo evangelicals in the South West but that would end being a blessing to Buhari as those votes get split up ... The ideal candidate for now I suspect will be from the North with an appeal that can win over the South and middle belt whilst splitting critical northern block votes ... For me Buhari is beyond just a candidate , he is a representation of a diabolic assignment thrust upon Nigeria by no other than Satan himself so this for me is not the average election .

Leave that guy make him dey Mumu there.

1 Like

Re: Fela Durotoye Confirms He Is Running For President by EarthXmetahuman: 10:17pm On Feb 22, 2018
FarahAideed:

going by that logic, then north will be ruling forever.
what makes you think anyone need north to become president?

you do realize that jonathan didnt win north and some part of north central in 2011 before becoming the president?
north central votes usually go to candidates southerners support.

if southerners support a single credible candidate, there is nothing north can do. but then, people like you would rather replace buhari with another incompetent northerner just because you want to see buhari gone without thinking of the consequences.
Re: Fela Durotoye Confirms He Is Running For President by anibirelawal(m): 11:19pm On Feb 22, 2018
I wish him all the best.

I shall vote for him come 2023.

Meanwhile, PMB till 2023.
Re: Fela Durotoye Confirms He Is Running For President by delpee(f): 12:40am On Feb 23, 2018
Good move! Watching some young politicians speak in the South African Parliament reminded me of the days of NUNS not todays NANS which is so divided and unfocused. If only a large percentage of the younger generation can decide to be involved as Fela has done, we'll be taking sure steps towards a better future. Young people need to arise and make this country shine again.

Start by getting your PVCs and getting involved in any political party of your choice. The future is yours!

(1) (Reply)

Sit-at-home : Why Governor Umahi Should Be Medically Examined!! (photos) / See What A Woman Did Because Gov. Obiano Demolished Her Shop(photos) / Ekiti Decides: Police Released PDP Deputy Governorship Candidate, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.