Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,556 members, 7,823,441 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Is Responsive Web Design Finally Dying? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is Responsive Web Design Finally Dying? (4789 Views)

The Power Of Responsive Web Design For Mobile Devices / What Is Responsive Web Design? / Which Blogger Free Theme Is Responsive And Very Ok... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Responsive Web Design Finally Dying? by telad(m): 12:11pm On Feb 23, 2018
Many web guys focus on the adaptive feature of responsive web design.

Responsive design even let you load different images for different screen sizes so viewers don't download heavy images that waste data and makes things slower. but most people uses one heavy image n make it addaptive on all sizes with max-width property.

Embedding YouTube videos isn't responsive and this is common. A link will be a better approach.

jQuery mobile mixed with keyframes can even give your mobile viewers that native mobile application feel with faster load time.

Css3 isn't even a complete project yet, its continuous n I see more new technologies being added to it to flex the muscle n power of responsive design.
Re: Is Responsive Web Design Finally Dying? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 12:52pm On Feb 23, 2018
dudebuck:
I believe the OP does not know what responsive web design is

Very true.

@op please learn what responsive web design is before posting articles.

Responsive Web Design
People utilize different devices to view web pages, these include phones, tablets laptops and widescreens of desktops. Responsive web design is simply a way to ensure that whatever device the user chooses, the webpage is attractive to the eye, retains and transmits the requisite information. Responsive web design mainly deals with structure of the web page and how it changes on different devices.

Progressive Web Apps
These are web pages or applications that are built to take advantage of browser features and deliver a smooth experience to the user without the overhead associated with native apps. So they are safe and secure, they load fast, you do not need to go to an app store to download and they update from your browser. Each version of the pwa is updated automatically and adapts to your browser.
Progressive web apps mainly address the issue of function.

They are two different things that work together. An app can be progressive and responsive at the same time.

1 Like

Re: Is Responsive Web Design Finally Dying? by directonpc(m): 1:10pm On Feb 23, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

Very true.

@op please learn what responsive web design is before posting articles.

Responsive Web Design
People utilize different devices to view web pages, these include phones, tablets laptops and widescreens of desktops. Responsive web design is simply a way to ensure that whatever device the user chooses, the webpage is attractive to the eye, retains and transmits the requisite information. Responsive web design mainly deals with structure and how changes on different devices.

Progressive Web Apps
These are web pages or applications that are built to take advantage of browser features and deliver a smooth experience to the user without the overhead associated with native apps. So they are safe and secure, they load fast, you do not need to go to an app store to download and they update from your browser. Each version of the pwa is updated automatically and adapts to your browser.
Progressive web apps mainly address the issue of function.

They are two different things that work together. An app can be progressive and responsive at the same time.
PWA == Responsive
Responsive != PWA

Argue intelligently.
Re: Is Responsive Web Design Finally Dying? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 1:23pm On Feb 23, 2018
directonpc:

PWA == Responsive
Responsive != PWA

Argue intelligently.

Read my post again, slowly.
PWA =/= Responsive mister.

Responsive is a standard that PWA may or may not adopt. Responsive design is marked by the use of media queries defined in the CSS spec. It is very possible to deploy bad design that tries to be progressive without being responsive. PWA standard is enforced in the HTML 5 spec not the style sheet.

So what are you saying ? Have you built an app before ?
Re: Is Responsive Web Design Finally Dying? by directonpc(m): 2:07pm On Feb 23, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

Read my post again, slowly.
PWA =/= Responsive mister.

Responsive is a standard that PWA may or may not adopt. Responsive design is marked by the use of media queries defined in the CSS spec. It is very possible to deploy bad design that tries to be progressive without being responsive. PWA standard is enforced in the HTML 5 spec not the style sheet.

So what are you saying ? Have you built an app before ?
On your question: no I have never.

Here is my question for you: have you argued intelligently before?
Re: Is Responsive Web Design Finally Dying? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 2:12pm On Feb 23, 2018
directonpc:

On your question: no I have never.

Here is my question for you: have you argued intelligently before?

Address the technical issues. Your comments despite what you may believe, don't make you look intelligent.
Re: Is Responsive Web Design Finally Dying? by directonpc(m): 2:27pm On Feb 23, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

Address the technical issues. Your comments despite what you may believe, don't make you look intelligent.
Maybe a few years from now you will be knowledgeable enough but too proud to come here and apologize.

The crowd isn't always right. Ask folks that invested in MMM. - I will appreciate if you don't quote again before the end of 2018.

(1) (2) (Reply)

###Click To Get 100% 1yr Plan Free Domain And Hosting And Develop It Yourself. / thread closed / 8 Detailed Reasons Why Google Adsense Publishers Will Decrease Severely In Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.