Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,272 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

CBN Gives Banks 2 Weeks To Settle Customers' Complaints - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Gives Banks 2 Weeks To Settle Customers' Complaints (12584 Views)

CBN Gives Update On Naira Scarcity / Complaints Mount As Enaira App Tops 100,000 Downloads / Emefiele: CBN Gives Dangote N75b Forex Support (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Gives Banks 2 Weeks To Settle Customers' Complaints by ican2020: 3:27pm On Feb 23, 2018
don't mind CBN.
I emailed their cpd since yesterday, no common acknowledgement that we are treating the issues raised
Re: CBN Gives Banks 2 Weeks To Settle Customers' Complaints by africanjapan(m): 6:05pm On Feb 23, 2018
ruddiggerr:
Pls house I have an issue with a bank. Long story short If a school overseas refunds money to an account you paid the fees from with a FORM A, is there suppose to be an issue in crediting the same account when there is a refund? I believe NO. But after a week of writing an application, the bank is telling me that either they send the money back to the school or send it back to CBN that they can't credit my acct. I don't get it bankers here pls clarify cos it's a no brainer for me especially when this bank is one of the top banks in Africa. Pls I need other ideas

Write a letter to the regional manager
Re: CBN Gives Banks 2 Weeks To Settle Customers' Complaints by pepe1: 6:29pm On Feb 23, 2018
tayo4ng:
the like of criminal UBA that stole my 40k, still insisting I collected the money, how do I complaine to CBN pls

Mail to cpd@cbn.gov.ng
Re: CBN Gives Banks 2 Weeks To Settle Customers' Complaints by pepe1: 6:41pm On Feb 23, 2018
Ayo25:
Two Nigerian banks GTB and Eco bank has thrown me into very agonising troubles since last week. It happened that my BVN linked my account in both banks together. So I have been using my Eco ATM card without itches until last week when several machines refused to pay me. When i stormed inside an Eco branch to complain, I was told that CBN wanted uniformity in all accounts linked to a BVN and my middle name is missing in my gtb account so i either go to gtb and ask them to include a third name or i bring an affidavit carrying only two names to eco so that they can remove the third name. i decided on the gtb option. But ever since it has been come today come tomorrow.
What are the consequences for me. I left my work place even with permission last week friday but spent the whole day inside Gtb. Even though i acheived nothing in the end it landed me into serious punishment at work which i am still serving presently. Someone paid in an amount of money into my eco account to do a job for him. He already had the account number and did not inform me before transferring the money. I could not withdraw the money and so have not been able to do the job. This has brought serious integrity issues for me. The customer has shown understanding but his patience has thinned-out. I have gone borrowing and begging the past week to look after myself and my young family.
Some questions running through mind in all of these are:
Why did i not get a prior advice or warning from the banks through the contacts i provided, to do account update before i was barred from withdrawing my own hard earned money?
Maybe operators of Nigerian banks themselves do not understand the importance of bank accounts to people or how can you just block people off their accounts just like that without any prior information?
I am in a very bad situation now thanks to Eco and gtb.
God will crown your effort both.

Sorry for all the mess.

Get a same-person affidavit; it's a list of the different combinations of your name; then take it to Ecobank.

Send a mail to Ecobank, copy cpd@cbn.gov.ng, attach a copy of the affidavit.
Re: CBN Gives Banks 2 Weeks To Settle Customers' Complaints by amicable09(f): 8:16pm On Feb 23, 2018
Ayo25:
Two Nigerian banks GTB and Eco bank has thrown me into very agonising troubles since last week. It happened that my BVN linked my account in both banks together. So I have been using my Eco ATM card without itches until last week when several machines refused to pay me. When i stormed inside an Eco branch to complain, I was told that CBN wanted uniformity in all accounts linked to a BVN and my middle name is missing in my gtb account so i either go to gtb and ask them to include a third name or i bring an affidavit carrying only two names to eco so that they can remove the third name. i decided on the gtb option. But ever since it has been come today come tomorrow.
What are the consequences for me. I left my work place even with permission last week friday but spent the whole day inside Gtb. Even though i acheived nothing in the end it landed me into serious punishment at work which i am still serving presently. Someone paid in an amount of money into my eco account to do a job for him. He already had the account number and did not inform me before transferring the money. I could not withdraw the money and so have not been able to do the job. This has brought serious integrity issues for me. The customer has shown understanding but his patience has thinned-out. I have gone borrowing and begging the past week to look after myself and my young family.
Some questions running through mind in all of these are:
Why did i not get a prior advice or warning from the banks through the contacts i provided, to do account update before i was barred from withdrawing my own hard earned money?
Maybe operators of Nigerian banks themselves do not understand the importance of bank accounts to people or how can you just block people off their accounts just like that without any prior information?
I am in a very bad situation now thanks to Eco and gtb.
God will crown your effort both.
Sorry about the BVN ish. you're experiencing.

What happened to your accounts was system induced - a default command. Your bank could not have contacted you before hand. How many customers will they contact if they start checking all accounts on their system, one by one across all banks. Ko da.

That inflow into your ecobank account triggered the PND (Post No Debit) you're experiencing.

What you should do now is to follow up with the bank that doesn't have your third name and get them to include it. You'll need to present a valid ID that tallies with your full name. You can swear an affidavit to support this claim and submit to your bank. Once this is done, submit to your bank. They'll do the needful and it will be updated. This shouldn't take longer than 2 working days.

After the successful update, you're good to go.

1 Like

Re: CBN Gives Banks 2 Weeks To Settle Customers' Complaints by amicable09(f): 8:27pm On Feb 23, 2018
ruddiggerr:
Pls house I have an issue with a bank. Long story short If a school overseas refunds money to an account you paid the fees from with a FORM A, is there suppose to be an issue in crediting the same account when there is a refund? I believe NO. But after a week of writing an application, the bank is telling me that either they send the money back to the school or send it back to CBN that they can't credit my acct. I don't get it bankers here pls clarify cos it's a no brainer for me especially when this bank is one of the top banks in Africa. Pls I need other ideas
*smiles*
Boss, the FX isn't yours na. It was sourced from CBN. If it wasn't so your bank would have credited your account after confirming that the returned fund was actually yours.

In your case, two things like you were informed, either the money is returned to the school or CBN. The bank will be sanctioned if the money is credited to your account. I'm certain it will be resolved soonest. Be on their neck to resolve it.
Re: CBN Gives Banks 2 Weeks To Settle Customers' Complaints by samstradam: 9:15pm On Feb 23, 2018
ruddiggerr:

Like others have said, the dollars will be returned to CBN as you got them on a discount for a particular purpose.

You should however get your Naira back at the rate you bought the dollars at.
Re: CBN Gives Banks 2 Weeks To Settle Customers' Complaints by Ayo25: 9:52pm On Feb 23, 2018
amicable09:

Sorry about the BVN ish. you're experiencing.

What happened to your accounts was system induced - a default command. Your bank could not have contacted you before hand. How many customers will they contact if they start checking all accounts on their system, one by one across all banks. Ko da.

That inflow into your ecobank account triggered the PND (Post No Debit) you're experiencing.

What you should do now is to follow up with the bank that doesn't have your third name and get them to include it. You'll need to present a valid ID that tallies with your full name. You can swear an affidavit to support this claim and submit to your bank. Once this is done, submit to your bank. They'll do the needful and it will be updated. This shouldn't take longer than 2 working days.

After the successful update, you're good to go.
Sorry o my sister, there are some of us who are non-comformists. Why are we always considering things from the perspective of what is convenient for the banks to do. Why not the convenience of the customers. If the banks ever spare a thought for the convenience of the customers they would understand that no extent is too tedious to go to notify a customer before you block them off their own money. Funnily in all the bank branches I have been to non has tried to defend not notifying me by saying they could not have. As a matter of fact they vehemently denied not notifying me and I have been asking for proof that they notified me all to no avail.
Interestingly I have been gentlemanly since all these started last week wednesday. I got just the same advice you gave me here at eco last thursday. I was at gtb last friday throughout to get them to include my omitted name. When they asked me to provide an affidavit I told them that I would only do that if they can prove to me that I did not fill out a third name when opening the account with them(I mean which bank request people to fill just two names when opening an account). The customer care rep stopped attending to me and shifted attention to another person. I picked up my phone and send a mail to some online gtb mail addresses and call gtconnect on monday morning. I did all that in good fate but unknown to me it created problems for the customer care rep. In the end they aceded to my request and low and behold i was correct and gtbank were wrong. So that brings us to a very important point most of the so called mistakes were made by the banks. So why should the banks make customers suffer and put them through so much troubles over problems created by the banks.
Okay so gtb eventually carried out the correction(I did not provide any affidavit or anything just my presence) after one week even though they promised three days like you do.
Now back to eco with their most annoying rude and confused customer rep who i doubt even know what they are doing. After i was told last week i had three names with them and two with gtb which they showed me themselves and advised me over what to do, the same person turn around today to say i have just two names with them. Imagine my confusion. Could i possibly have two names with gtb and eco and have every other information correct in both banks and yet have my account blocked. I made them know they dnt know what they are doing and that they cannot send me on fools errand. I cannot go and pay any N2500 and do any affidavit. I am sure I filled in all my informations correctly when I opened my accounts. If the banks have said I did not the onus of proof is on them.
When they see I would not bulge they lied that network is bad and I should go and come back on monday. I told them they will look for me from monday themselves.
I am already on their matter. All of them CBN, GTB and Eco.
That was how they were telling a woman to go do affidavit or newspaper report of her name being spelt wrongly. She told them that was not how she spelt her name when she filled their forms.
Re: CBN Gives Banks 2 Weeks To Settle Customers' Complaints by ahmedbanj(m): 11:35pm On Feb 23, 2018
dedollarman:
What about fortis micro finance bank has
I have a serves of over 1,000,000 now the bank has
Refuse to pay me insisting they don,t have money

Hahahaha U don enta 1 chance sire! lol
Re: CBN Gives Banks 2 Weeks To Settle Customers' Complaints by amicable09(f): 10:02am On Feb 24, 2018
Ayo25:
Sorry o my sister, there are some of us who are non-comformists. Why are we always considering things from the perspective of what is convenient for the banks to do. Why not the convenience of the customers. If the banks ever spare a thought for the convenience of the customers they would understand that no extent is too tedious to go to notify a customer before you block them off their own money. Funnily in all the bank branches I have been to non has tried to defend not notifying me by saying they could not have. As a matter of fact they vehemently denied not notifying me and I have been asking for proof that they notified me all to no avail.
Interestingly I have been gentlemanly since all these started last week wednesday. I got just the same advice you gave me here at eco last thursday. I was at gtb last friday throughout to get them to include my omitted name. When they asked me to provide an affidavit I told them that I would only do that if they can prove to me that I did not fill out a third name when opening the account with them(I mean which bank request people to fill just two names when opening an account). The customer care rep stopped attending to me and shifted attention to another person. I picked up my phone and send a mail to some online gtb mail addresses and call gtconnect on monday morning. I did all that in good fate but unknown to me it created problems for the customer care rep. In the end they aceded to my request and low and behold i was correct and gtbank were wrong. So that brings us to a very important point most of the so called mistakes were made by the banks. So why should the banks make customers suffer and put them through so much troubles over problems created by the banks.
Okay so gtb eventually carried out the correction(I did not provide any affidavit or anything just my presence) after one week even though they promised three days like you do.
Now back to eco with their most annoying rude and confused customer rep who i doubt even know what they are doing. After i was told last week i had three names with them and two with gtb which they showed me themselves and advised me over what to do, the same person turn around today to say i have just two names with them. Imagine my confusion. Could i possibly have two names with gtb and eco and have every other information correct in both banks and yet have my account blocked. I made them know they dnt know what they are doing and that they cannot send me on fools errand. I cannot go and pay any N2500 and do any affidavit. I am sure I filled in all my informations correctly when I opened my accounts. If the banks have said I did not the onus of proof is on them.
When they see I would not bulge they lied that network is bad and I should go and come back on monday. I told them they will look for me from monday themselves.
I am already on their matter. All of them CBN, GTB and Eco.
That was how they were telling a woman to go do affidavit or newspaper report of her name being spelt wrongly. She told them that was not how she spelt her name when she filled their forms.

See, I understand your grouse and I like it when customers know their rights and can defend it. But then again, there's a limit to how far you can go trying to be right in this instance.

I've seen customers who bear Nwakego from birth and at the time of enrollment for BVN filled 'Ego', the short form of their name. I've seen 'Taiwo' enroll as 'Taiye'. And there are some who completely left out their third names and some who went to add their nicknames. Whichever way, whether by addition or omission, the customer is at the losing end if this is not resolved in good time. Here's the reason, it doesn't just affect your account in bank A but in all banks. Monies will continue going in (credit) but not a kobo will leave (debit). And your banks will be doing what they know how to do with customers monies.

Note: While all the fight over show me my form is raging, at the end of the month, the system will deduct statutory charges, nothing will stop it. Not even the PND on your account because that particular debit is not customer induced.
Re: CBN Gives Banks 2 Weeks To Settle Customers' Complaints by Sterope(f): 10:18am On Feb 24, 2018
I understand your pain. I had the same issue, registered for BVN with my three names. I have never written two names for anything official. Zenith lied. It almost left me completely stranded. Affidavit is just N500. It is better you get it over and done for your sake.

Ayo25
Re: CBN Gives Banks 2 Weeks To Settle Customers' Complaints by owosunmomi34(f): 7:02am On Aug 12, 2019
My own case is different. I open an account with gtb since 2012 and I did my BVN reg around 2014. Recently I opened an access bank account because of NYSC, I was told that my middle name was replace with my initial. I have been on it for the past two weeks. What do I do?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boi Increases YES-P Would-be Loan Beneficiaries From 1,200 Yearly To 4,000 / 20+ Small Business Ideas For Small Towns / Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.