Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

You Can’t Distribute Condoms In School – Catholic Bishops - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Can’t Distribute Condoms In School – Catholic Bishops (20897 Views)

Catholic Bishops Reject Father Mbaka’s Apology To Peter Obi / Peter Obi: Video Of Catholic Bishops Condemning Father Mbaka Emerges (WATCH) / Nigerian Catholic Bishops Meet With Pope Francis At The Vatican. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Can’t Distribute Condoms In School – Catholic Bishops by mexxmoney: 5:24pm On Feb 23, 2018
They should sharrap!!! And not mix secular government with religion

4 Likes

Re: You Can’t Distribute Condoms In School – Catholic Bishops by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:27pm On Feb 23, 2018
mexxmoney:
They should sharrap!!! And not mix secular government with religion
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: You Can’t Distribute Condoms In School – Catholic Bishops by Afobear: 5:28pm On Feb 23, 2018
Hypocrites...but it's better to rape young boys

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Distribute Condoms In School – Catholic Bishops by carpmam: 5:31pm On Feb 23, 2018
S
Re: You Can’t Distribute Condoms In School – Catholic Bishops by Nobody: 5:32pm On Feb 23, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
This is not the Vatican.Religious leaders should stay clear from secular issues we need progressive views and leaders who have such ideologies.Your voice or displeasure doesn't matter what matters is whether or not the people support it.About INEC that is fair enough the chairman needs to beat jega record for free elections.

foools like you think they are wise.
Re: You Can’t Distribute Condoms In School – Catholic Bishops by FakoMaybach1: 5:32pm On Feb 23, 2018
Kudos to the catholic clerics jare....To those of you saying rubbish about religion one of the reasons Hilary clinton did not win was because she was going to legalize abortion

The catholic church detests any anti life material being contraceptives, abortion or condoms....so they will surely fight it.

Glory to Jesus, Honor to Mary

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Distribute Condoms In School – Catholic Bishops by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:47pm On Feb 23, 2018
Empress2014:
cheesy

Bishops sef know say to lick sweets with the nylon no dey sweet.

By the way AIDS IS REAL
Auntie good evening oh lipsrsealed
Re: You Can’t Distribute Condoms In School – Catholic Bishops by RexTramadol1: 5:51pm On Feb 23, 2018
Condoms in schools

Yes, we can!
Re: You Can’t Distribute Condoms In School – Catholic Bishops by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:52pm On Feb 23, 2018
WinningSun:

foools like you think they are wise.
I don't want to call you a madman because it is clear that you failed English language in Waec that is why you can't comprehend my statement.

3 Likes

Re: You Can’t Distribute Condoms In School – Catholic Bishops by Empress2014(f): 5:58pm On Feb 23, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:
Auntie good evening oh lipsrsealed
grin good evening
Re: You Can’t Distribute Condoms In School – Catholic Bishops by NavalObi37: 6:03pm On Feb 23, 2018
nonut:
Religion keeps dragging us back.
If you don't share condoms in school, where is the best place to do it?
Tertiary institutions are the places with high level of kpanshing.

sharing condoms to schools.... to what purpose my friend.??
I pity as many given to and going into premarital sex, some maybe ignorance, some deliberately
But whatever the case maybe, the Judgement or consequences is THE SAME.

KJV:Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

KJV:What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

KJV:For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

KJV:Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

KJV:If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

1Corinthian 6:18-20; 3:16-17

The devil presents you with 10mins pleasure which in turn leaves you with ETERNAL DAMNATION

FLEE PREMARITAL SEX
IT KILLS AND DESTROYS YOU GLORIOUS FUTURE, DESTINY AND FINALLY TAKES YOU TO HELL

BE WARNED!!!

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Distribute Condoms In School – Catholic Bishops by NavalObi37: 6:04pm On Feb 23, 2018
I pity as many given to and going into premarital sex, some maybe ignorance, some deliberately

KJV:Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

KJV:What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

KJV:For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

KJV:Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

KJV:If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

The devil presents you with 10mins pleasure which in turn leaves you with ETERNAL DAMNATION

FLEE PREMARITAL SEX
IT KILLS AND DESTROYS YOU GLORIOUS FUTURE, DESTINY AND FINALLY TAKES YOU TO HELL

BE WARNED!!!

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Distribute Condoms In School – Catholic Bishops by nonut: 6:08pm On Feb 23, 2018
NavalObi37:

FLEE PREMARITAL SEX

BE WARNED!!!
Story for Amadioha.

3 Likes

Re: You Can’t Distribute Condoms In School – Catholic Bishops by Kanoute(m): 6:08pm On Feb 23, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I concur,

We should learn from Ghana.
Kitchen stools are better.

Sense will not finish you... grin
Re: You Can’t Distribute Condoms In School – Catholic Bishops by Iruosonobrugwhe: 6:09pm On Feb 23, 2018
with dedication, natural family planning works

kevoh:

They don't share condoms in churches, yet fornication is the order of the day. From choir master shagging choristers to Pastors sleeping with the young girls in the church. Some are even bold enough to do it in hidden corners in the church.

Back to the topic,

I always knew the Catholic Church to be pro-life and strongly against most forms of artificial contraceptives with condom being the most practical and effective of them all. The downside to this is they are not considering the risk of giving birth to unwanted children and overpopulation issues, as they refuse to deliberate owing to religious practice.

The proposed natural contraceptive method while it's effective on paper, is actually quite rigid and mechanical and leads to unwanted pregnancy most of the time if not well practiced.

This is a very delicate topic.

NB: My opinion is purely targeted at married couples and not singles.
Re: You Can’t Distribute Condoms In School – Catholic Bishops by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:12pm On Feb 23, 2018
Empress2014:
grin good evening
eeeehee! Please auntie, what do you mean by it's not sweets to lick sweet with its nylon on?
Re: You Can’t Distribute Condoms In School – Catholic Bishops by Nobody: 6:13pm On Feb 23, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
I don't want to call you a madman because it is clear that you failed English language in Waec that is why you can't comprehend my statement.

you think your knowledge of logic qualifies you to mock Gods wisdom
Re: You Can’t Distribute Condoms In School – Catholic Bishops by Nobody: 6:19pm On Feb 23, 2018
DrMaximay:
ok

How much is the cost? Do you deliver and install in the south eastern part of Nigeria ( Nsukka). The car is 2001 Acura MDX
Re: You Can’t Distribute Condoms In School – Catholic Bishops by kevoh(m): 6:25pm On Feb 23, 2018
Iruosonobrugwhe:

1. I never said it doesn't work, infact I understand a few things thanks to natural family planning while a woman who should be pregnant might remain childless despite both she and the husband being 100% ok.

2. How many male Nigerians really understand dedication to keep off sex when the wife is very fertile? Which brings me to my rigid and mechanical point in number 3.

3. Husband and wife (of 4 kids) in the mood for some action and far into pre-intimacy already, wife drops the bombshell that she is currently fertile. What does couple do a. Remain dedicated and call off sex cry b. Strap on a Condom and enjoy themselves grin c. Go ahead and have unprotected sex with a possible result 9 months later cool

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Distribute Condoms In School – Catholic Bishops by Pataricatering(f): 6:41pm On Feb 23, 2018
These idiots have come again with their unrealistic views on how people should live ! Whether you quote bible from now till next year people will still have sex so why not be safe ! I don’t blame them - it’s their bread and butter - it’s the people that take them seriously I blame ! Better for your kid to practice safe sex and not go and catch one disease in their youth that they will battle their whole life Because you decided to be dogmatic !

3 Likes

Re: You Can’t Distribute Condoms In School – Catholic Bishops by Pataricatering(f): 6:43pm On Feb 23, 2018
Iruosonobrugwhe:

and when it doesn’t work will the pope help you feed the child ?

2 Likes

Re: You Can’t Distribute Condoms In School – Catholic Bishops by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:44pm On Feb 23, 2018
WinningSun:

you think your knowledge of logic qualifies you to mock Gods wisdom
It's a free world and not everyone can believe what you believe that is why we have secular laws to accommodate the views of others so live with it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Can’t Distribute Condoms In School – Catholic Bishops by emmykingsok(m): 6:50pm On Feb 23, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
This is not the Vatican.Religious leaders should stay clear from secular issues we need progressive views and leaders who have such ideologies.Your voice or displeasure doesn't matter what matters is whether or not the people support it.About INEC that is fair enough the chairman needs to beat jega record for free elections.

this is not a religious issue, it's a moral issue and as such the church is greatly concerned about it, every right thinking person should be concerned about the moral implications.
your progressive view shouldn't threaten the existence of other person just because he or she is helpless, let it get into your skull
Re: You Can’t Distribute Condoms In School – Catholic Bishops by IMASTEX: 6:55pm On Feb 23, 2018
Empress2014:
cheesy

Bishops sef know say to lick sweets with the nylon no dey sweet.

By the way AIDS IS REAL
You be bad girl. Lol.
By the way, over spiritualisation is the problem. Nigeria is growing in population without equal social welfare plans.

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Distribute Condoms In School – Catholic Bishops by Emilokoiyawon: 7:24pm On Feb 23, 2018
Nigeria is not a Christian or Muslim country. So bishop if you don't want the distribution of condoms and teaching of sex education in CATHOLIC schools then that is fine. But you cannot tell us WHAT TO DO IN PUBLIC OR PRIVATE SCHOOLS. Keep off.

2 Likes

Re: You Can’t Distribute Condoms In School – Catholic Bishops by magicminister: 7:25pm On Feb 23, 2018
Sex education coupled with the distribution of condom can greatly reduce the rate of HIV transmission.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can’t Distribute Condoms In School – Catholic Bishops by boringnigerian: 7:26pm On Feb 23, 2018
The Bishops should know better than this. Whether they share condoms or not, people would still have indiscriminate sex. Truth is, no matter how much sex education you conduct, you cannot eradicate premarital and extramarital sex. Best you can do is promote protection - to prevent the spread of STDs and a spike in the number of unwanted babies. It's easy to go talk a good game about abstinence but when push comes to shove, e gonna happen. Why not just get them to protect themselves in case they can't keep themselves?
Re: You Can’t Distribute Condoms In School – Catholic Bishops by saintmark88(m): 7:40pm On Feb 23, 2018
Gangster1ms:
Rubbish.. too much holy holy is why this country is underdeveloped.. what's wrong if we start teaching them safe sex at an early age.. most of them already practice sex secretly.. i myself started fvcking at the age of 4.. that time no condom.. now imagine this period that condom should be necessity.
And even if they know about condoms already they won't have the mind to visit the pharmacy plus money no even dey to buy cos they will prefer to buy puff puff and sweets.. hence unsafe sex occurs and possible std.

How pple like thus do not even understand what they read, ur point is totally off. The catholic church is pro life
and so they r against ny form of contraceptive. Condom, pills, anything to avoid pregnancy. The worst been abortion, they dnt condone it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Signs You Love Money Too Much / Northern Christians To Pastor Bakare: Timothy II 2:24 / The Word For Today, 2014 - A Daily Devotional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.