Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,851 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry (20759 Views)

My Ministry, My Marriage! / How I Get Money To Run My Ministry — TB Joshua / Ukpai's Prophesies That Changed My Ministry's Fortunes - Rev. Nwachukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by Demzlent(m): 9:36am On Mar 25, 2018
Please I need a good advice from my Christian brothers and sisters

I and my wife are attending a big Church which she loves a lot,she is even the one that made me to be attending the Church. I have a calling which I'm sure of
Then late last year a fellow Christian who is a minister of God called me that we should start a ministry together, I agreed and we started working on.
The ministry is starting today and my wife is insisting that I should not go that if I go she will divorce me. She even called the man we are to start the ministry together and threatened him
Please what should I do? Help me.
Should I go ahead?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by frank317: 9:45am On Mar 25, 2018
what is the meaning of u have a calling? become a pastor in the church u are attending? must u start your own church? we already have enough church business with nothin to show for it. what effect will a new church have for Nigeria? why is God calling everybody yet no significant effect on the life of the people?
your wife knows u are fake and does not want u to join the league of scammers we already have in nigeria

267 Likes 26 Shares

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by gabinogem(m): 9:52am On Mar 25, 2018
frank317:
what is the meaning of u have a calling? become a pastor in the church u are attending? must u start your own church? we already have enough church business with nothin to show for it. what effect will a new church have for Nigeria? why is God calling everybody yet no significant effect on the life of the people?
your wife knows u are fake and does not want u to join the league of scammers we already have in nigeria
lol...quite frankly.

67 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by Nutase: 10:12am On Mar 25, 2018
How did you receive your calling?
If indeed you have a calling did you inform your wife during courtship?

We need to be careful the way we jump into starting churches because many will answer for it on the last day.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by Demzlent(m): 10:34am On Mar 25, 2018
Nutase:

We need to be careful the way we jump into starting churches because many will answer for it on the last day.

Yes I informed her,my parents are even aware. They are giving their moral and even material support for my ministry, the building we want to use is even given to me by my dad
One thing I noticed about my wife is that she loves our present Church so much

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by 1stSonOfLucifer(m): 10:41am On Mar 25, 2018
Nutase:

The wife is an enemy of progress. She doesn't want her husband to exploit gullible fellas.

On which last day

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by 1stSonOfLucifer(m): 10:43am On Mar 25, 2018
Demzlent:

Yes I informed her,my parents are even aware. They are giving their moral and even material support for my ministry, the building we want to use is even given to me by my dad
We know you're a thief and I rightly endorse that since most people are so unintelligent to think.

Anyways, I know you wanna be counted among the league of men of god who own numerous private jets in their hanger.

May your plans be achieved in Satan's name. Amen

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by lasisi69(f): 1:25pm On Mar 25, 2018
Which calling Was the call from customer care or something.. There are too many ministries and churches all over... stick to one or forever remain silent...

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:25pm On Mar 25, 2018
Make Leah Shuaibu an inspiration. Don't deny Christ!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 25, 2018
Linger not, yeye! kiss

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by bjayx: 1:26pm On Mar 25, 2018
Discontinue till Ur wife accepts.
A word is enough for the wise.
For the gullible ones...

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by veacea: 1:26pm On Mar 25, 2018
Okay
Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by AntiWailer: 1:26pm On Mar 25, 2018
How ?

She does not want u to hide ur laziness under calling ?

Can i know what u do for a living ?

Do u earn enough to take care of ur family before u saw the miss calls ?

Some one telling u to join him in starting a ministry does not endorse the fact that God called u.

Demzlent:

They are investing. And the smart pastor knew u can pull the resources. That is why he targetted you.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 25, 2018
1stSonOfLucifer:

We know you're a thief and I rightly endorse that since most people are so unintelligent to think.

Anyways, I know you wanna be counted among the league of men of god who own numerous private jets in their hanger.

May your plans be achieved in Satan's name. Amen

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by realmindz: 1:27pm On Mar 25, 2018
she's evil, kill her

Deuteronomy 13 vs 6 10

If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people.
Stone them to death,
because they tried to turn you away from the LORD your God,

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by danduj(m): 1:27pm On Mar 25, 2018
You sure say na God call you or you just looking to make some cash?

19 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by dgr8truth(m): 1:27pm On Mar 25, 2018
Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by King00: 1:27pm On Mar 25, 2018
maybe she know something you are not saying, you never can tell

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by Learnstuffs: 1:27pm On Mar 25, 2018
I was born and raised in a Christian family. I don't even believe anything anymore. How can God be calling different people everytime to start different ministries? Is our God a God of confusion? Is God diversifying our belief system rather than unity of purpose? These scammers won't just stop!!

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by kikiwendy(f): 1:28pm On Mar 25, 2018
Listen to your wife.. I agree with the FTC.. We have so many churches and ministry but problems keep getting cumbersome

18 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by Alexk2(m): 1:29pm On Mar 25, 2018
Why are you here asking nairalanders that is full is atheists and semi-atheist who are bench warmers in churches. How many people here do you think really understand or believe in been "called" to ministry by God?
I dont doubt people when they say they're called just like you're claiming but I'll always ask if they're very sure the call is indeed from God and to do what? For example, God can call you into ministry right in that same church that you're together with your wife and He can call you for a specific purpose that has nothing to do with you leaving your church in any way....at the same time the call can also be to separate yourself for a different ministry-"called out"...so the question is are you sure He called you and if He did called you, He'll never leave you confused, He'll give the direction to go.
As for your wife, tell the God who call you or rather report her to God who called you. God cannot call you and not make provision for her; He know how to perfect it....meanwhile, note that divorce can never be His solution.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by linearity: 1:29pm On Mar 25, 2018
Follow your heart. If you believe you have a calling go for it...it is better you offend humans than to disobey God.

That aside, whenever someone threatens you that, they will disobey God, if you don’t yield to their demand, know that, that threat is of the devil and you must not yield to their demand. Based on your narratives, your wife is a Christian and she definitely will know that, divorce is not of God and God commanded that, what He has joined together, let no one put asunder. Now, for her to then start using divorce as a threat, is definitely out of line and of the devil and you should not do what she is asking of you.

If she does not want you to go into ministry, there many godly ways to persuade you and not by threatening to disobey God by abandoning her home.

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by wisestman(m): 1:29pm On Mar 25, 2018
Brb
Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 25, 2018
cheesy
Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by Rubbiish(m): 1:30pm On Mar 25, 2018
U have a calling & God allowed u to marry such a woman?? I doubt...

1 Like

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by stefanweeks: 1:30pm On Mar 25, 2018
Calling ko

Email ni

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by ZombieTAMER: 1:31pm On Mar 25, 2018
Your wife truly loves you and cares about your soul...

She doesn't want you to be a scam artist
Using religion to dupe the people

I know you must be an Afonja
Just like oyedepo and Adeboye

You can start the ministry from your tribe
Where There are lots of Muslims
Preach to them first

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by chloride6: 1:31pm On Mar 25, 2018
Demzlent:
Please I need a good advice from my Christian brothers and sisters

I and my wife are attending a big Church which she loves a lot,she is even the one that made me to be attending the Church. I have a calling which I'm sure of
Then late last year a fellow Christian who is a minister of God called me that we should start a ministry together, I agreed and we started working on.
The ministry is starting today and my wife is insisting that I should not go that if I go she will divorce me. She even called the man we are to start the ministry together and threatened him
Please what should I do? Help me.
Should I go ahead?

Why doesn't your wife want to be in a private jet?

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by BennyDGreat: 1:32pm On Mar 25, 2018
If you have not got solid proofs from God to start a ministry, discontinue talks with the other man. Also, it's not adviceable to start something without support from your spouse. You guyz are one and such a delicate decision must be jointly made. You must talk to her and ask her why she doesn't want to support your 'call'. Get advice from elders. Your home is important to God. Shalom!
Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by Rubbiish(m): 1:32pm On Mar 25, 2018
kikiwendy:
Listen to your wife.. I agree with the FTC.. We have so many churches and ministry but problems keep getting cumbersome
Shut up if u got nothing reasonable say...
Carry face like fowl...

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry by Audray(f): 1:33pm On Mar 25, 2018
Go do something better with your life and forget that religious scam "calling" you claim you heard. Nigeria more than enough churches to suck it's citizens pockets dry.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

To Know This As A Christian Will Solve All Of Your Problems / Some Annoying Things People Do In Church / RCCG Member Gives Birth 21 Years After Marriage After Holy Ghost Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.