Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,543 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Dear MTN Why Did You Scam Me - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Dear MTN Why Did You Scam Me (1116 Views)

Mtn Why Is Your 5g Slow Like 4g / Dear Customer You Are Not Allowed To Call This Number / How Do I Know Original 128gb Memory Card Someone Is Trying To Scam Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear MTN Why Did You Scam Me by Sheq: 3:50pm On Feb 23, 2018
I checked my balance 3am this morning And I had a data balance of 463.06 day time data and 102mb(1.00am to 7am)

Then I subscribed immediately for happy hour plan...25naira for 500mb..... And before I could download 3 files of 70mb....i was told all my data had exhausted....the happy hour ,day time and night time data plan....and this happened within 20minutes!

I have been calling customer care representatives and one insisted they can only see the last time I used my data plan which was the time before I used it 3am...and this was 9.58pm....

Then others said they can see that i had data and then they would pretend that can't hear me again and cut the call.....

Dear Mtn please I need a refund of my data.....i didn't even plan to subscribe, I was sent 1000naira airtime to call and you people used it up as an auto renewal which I didn't activate on my phone ....please and please I need my data ..... I have no tree nor snake giving me money please!!!

Attached Below are pictures which are more explanatory!

Lalasticlala Mynd44 obinoscopy seun ...please help me push this forward ...please ...edakun

Re: Dear MTN Why Did You Scam Me by Sheq: 3:56pm On Feb 23, 2018
Please let's not derail this thread...please

1 Like

Re: Dear MTN Why Did You Scam Me by Kyase(m): 4:16pm On Feb 23, 2018
Sheq:
Please let's not derail this thread...please
sorry bro.
mtn can steal, but they are better than the rest.
Re: Dear MTN Why Did You Scam Me by Khd95(m): 4:57pm On Feb 23, 2018
cockroach don swallow ur data...even empty hen cant explain it grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dear MTN Why Did You Scam Me by Psychodavidovic(m): 7:20pm On Feb 23, 2018
Something similar happened to me a while back.

I no know who dey always send them to do automatic auto renewal.
Re: Dear MTN Why Did You Scam Me by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:25pm On Feb 23, 2018
if you are using an android phone screenshot your data usage from settings, also hope your hotspot was not on, i dont work for mtn but maybe you need to look inward, i will be expecting the screenshots of your data usage .
Re: Dear MTN Why Did You Scam Me by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:26pm On Feb 23, 2018
as soon as you subscribe , make it a habit to cancel autorenewal, dont wait for data to be exhausted
Psychodavidovic:
Something similar happened to me a while back.

I no know who dey always send them to do automatic auto renewal.
Re: Dear MTN Why Did You Scam Me by Psychodavidovic(m): 8:30pm On Feb 23, 2018
Proudlyngwa:
as soon as you subscribe , make it a habit to cancel autorenewal, dont wait for data to be exhausted

I'll have to be cancelling auto renewal everytime i wanna sub ? Why don't they make auto renewal optional ? Don't make it look like its my fault, lots of people have been complaining about this stuff taking their airtime but they still don't wanna do anything about it. Its bad.

If i want auto renewal, I'll ask for it.
Re: Dear MTN Why Did You Scam Me by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:36pm On Feb 23, 2018
Psychodavidovic:

I'll have to be cancelling auto renewal everytime i wanna sub ? Why don't they make auto renewal optional ? Don't make it look like its my fault, lots of people have been complaining about this stuff taking their airtime but they still don't wanna do anything about it. Its bad.

If i want auto renewal, I'll ask for it.
there is somrthing called terms and conditions attached to goods services and contracts.
most times it is hidden,
is auto renewal illegal. i dont know, but if a company decides to set it by default to its services,then you have to use such service with discretrion, if you feel cheated, you can take up a legal case.

1 Like

Re: Dear MTN Why Did You Scam Me by Psychodavidovic(m): 8:55pm On Feb 23, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

there is somrthing called terms and conditions attached to goods services and contracts.
most times it is hidden,
is auto renewal illegal. i dont know, but if a company decides to set it by default to its services,then you have to use such service with discretrion, if you feel cheated, you can take up a legal case.

In this case, it is non-existent.
Re: Dear MTN Why Did You Scam Me by NLbully(m): 9:37pm On Feb 23, 2018
You subscribed 3:01 and the subscription ends 3.33 so am sure it was after 30minutes that the subscription expired so what the F are you saying undecided

1 Like

Re: Dear MTN Why Did You Scam Me by Basit99(m): 11:11am On Feb 24, 2018
tag them on twitter with the screenshots also tag consumer right and giditraffic
Re: Dear MTN Why Did You Scam Me by jboixxx: 11:31am On Feb 24, 2018
JideSM, you're needed o.
Re: Dear MTN Why Did You Scam Me by JideSM: 1:48pm On Feb 26, 2018
Sheq:
I checked my balance 3am this morning And I had a data balance of 463.06 day time data and 102mb(1.00am to 7am)

Then I subscribed immediately for happy hour plan...25naira for 500mb..... And before I could download 3 files of 70mb....i was told all my data had exhausted....the happy hour ,day time and night time data plan....and this happened within 20minutes!

I have been calling customer care representatives and one insisted they can only see the last time I used my data plan which was the time before I used it 3am...and this was 9.58pm....

Then others said they can see that i had data and then they would pretend that can't hear me again and cut the call.....

Dear Mtn please I need a refund of my data.....i didn't even plan to subscribe, I was sent 1000naira airtime to call and you people used it up as an auto renewal which I didn't activate on my phone ....please and please I need my data ..... I have no tree nor snake giving me money please!!!

Attached Below are pictures which are more explanatory!

Lalasticlala Mynd44 obinoscopy seun ...please help me push this forward ...please ...edakun

Hi Sheq, so sorry for the inconvenience you may experienced. I wish to inform you that I currently run a thread here called the MTN Customer care https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread/ where issues like this are discussed and resolved. I will appreciate if you can send me mobile number via E-mail message to enable me run a check. Regards

(1) (Reply)

Apple Is Changing Its Iphone Naming Pattern For 2018 Releases / What Will You Do If There Is No Power For 4 Days? Come In / Iphone 6 16gb For Sale. SOLD!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.