Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets (57023 Views)

CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome And Benny Hinn At Sea Of Galilee, Israel (Photos) / Benny Hinn 'Faints' As A Nigerian Sows $1 Million Into His Ministry (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets by rhymz(m): 4:10pm On Feb 24, 2018
sweetrace:

I used to complain about the private jet thing because I have always felt the money could be used to help those less fortunate in the church. However I recently had to go somewhere by bus. I hated it. I had to put up with the conductors rudeness. I got to where I was going so late because the bus had to stop so many times. I also hated sitting beside complete strangers whose sweat was touching my body. I don't want to ever have to do that again. Basically I had no control unlike when I drive myself. It must be the same thing for people who have to fly to different places all the time. Flying commercial will slow them down and and they'd get to their destinations maybe not in the best mood either. So owning a jet might actually be a necessity for Bishop Oyedepo and others. I've come to realize that I would get one if I needed it.
just hear the sound of your own voice...... You never even get money and you dey sound like this, imagine when money come dey your hand, na only Jesus Christ himself you go fit stay around with. All I hear is my comfort my comfort, me, me, me, me, and nothing else.

5 Likes

Re: Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets by BushWickBill: 5:17pm On Feb 24, 2018
kpaofame:

Adeboye have.....
Please tell us when he did.
The same Adeboye that twisted Psalm 41:1-3 to coerce people to give to his ministry just recently?
I wait.
Re: Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets by DSDLIVEREPORT: 10:26pm On Feb 24, 2018
This pastor will now make heaven I believe.God help us all the hearer if the word. He said the preaching he listened to while growing up
Re: Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets by sweetilicious(f): 12:20am On Feb 25, 2018
HigherEd:

I would tell you that there is little wrong in the prosperity that Oyedepo preaches

1) I have never seen Oyedepo on TV asking for anybody to give to his ministry, schools etc.....

2) I have seen Oyedepo's car before(the one he drives himself). He has been using the same silver car for about three years or so. While I don't know the model, it is a very average car. Seen his house too and sitting room - very very average.

3) As per jet, Benny does not have 6,000 branched churches, Schools to administrate over, Oyedepo does. Ghana branches of Living Faith alone is 150 scattered everywhere. In one particular month he visited 27 countries hence his ministry requires it not as a luxury but a quick means of transportation. So hey it depends on how large and centralised a ministry is and living faith leadership appears to be very centralised.

4) Oyedepo always talks about the limitations of the prosperity gospel but ppl never listen to that they only pick what they want to pick. Even Kenneth Hagin once conformed that "there is a thin line between the permissible and the objectionable when it comes to issues of financial prosperity".

5) Oyedepo doesn't actually have 150 million USD in his account- he just believes it is an insult to equate the worth of a believer to a sum of 150 million.

6) I have visited all kinds of Churches and I tell you Offerings in WC is just once. Apart from special services.

7) If you like slander Oyedepo for preaching tithe or claim tithing is irrelevant. All I know is that Living Faith pays tithes of Billions to another large ministry in Nigeria every month. It takes a man of conviction to do that.

Now if there is anything that frustrates me about Bishop Oyedepo, it is that he refuses to care about his image or even lies put out there against him. Same for pa Adeboye. See how Joseph Prince quickly cleared himself from the yeye Forbes list. Now I am not bothered that Oyedepo and Adeboye are being insulted or mocked but my issue is how it can easily affect baby believers who are easily tilted. And if major pastors are left to be attacked consistently on social media, it is the root of Christianity that would shake
In years to come both the catholics, orthodox and Pentecostals would all suffer for all these unchecked attacks and backbiting within d church. Christianity in general might become more difficult to practice in a few years in this country because the devil has laid a ground work by trying to delegitimise every "who" is "who" in Christianedom and when those folks who are being attacked go on to be with the Lord, we the rest would be dealing with a society that is unreceptive

I pray for the next generations of Christians in Nigeria because they might suffer from the foolishness of we their predecessors.

Lastly as a Christian I won't criticize any other Christian for using a jet because I know fully well that if I had the money and require it then I would buy it. Whatever is unlawful for the pastor is unlawful for every other christian. If a pastor can't be rich then all Christians can't be rich either, if a pastor can't own a jet then no christian can own a jet.

For me, I maintain that a private jet is nothing more different than a private car.

NB: Please don't bother quoting me for slander, if you don't agree just talk your own comot for NL, I no get time for argument till 2am midnite.
I have learnt something

1 Like

Re: Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets by genkins(m): 12:47am On Feb 25, 2018
HigherEd:

I would tell you that there is little wrong in the prosperity that Oyedepo preaches

1) I have never seen Oyedepo on TV asking for anybody to give to his ministry, schools etc.....

2) I have seen Oyedepo's car before(the one he drives himself). He has been using the same silver car for about three years or so. While I don't know the model, it is a very average car. Seen his house too and sitting room - very very average.

3) As per jet, Benny does not have 6,000 branched churches, Schools to administrate over, Oyedepo does. Ghana branches of Living Faith alone is 150 scattered everywhere. In one particular month he visited 27 countries hence his ministry requires it not as a luxury but a quick means of transportation. So hey it depends on how large and centralised a ministry is and living faith leadership appears to be very centralised.

4) Oyedepo always talks about the limitations of the prosperity gospel but ppl never listen to that they only pick what they want to pick. Even Kenneth Hagin once conformed that "there is a thin line between the permissible and the objectionable when it comes to issues of financial prosperity".

5) Oyedepo doesn't actually have 150 million USD in his account- he just believes it is an insult to equate the worth of a believer to a sum of 150 million.

6) I have visited all kinds of Churches and I tell you Offerings in WC is just once. Apart from special services.

7) If you like slander Oyedepo for preaching tithe or claim tithing is irrelevant. All I know is that Living Faith pays tithes of Billions to another large ministry in Nigeria every month. It takes a man of conviction to do that.

Now if there is anything that frustrates me about Bishop Oyedepo, it is that he refuses to care about his image or even lies put out there against him. Same for pa Adeboye. See how Joseph Prince quickly cleared himself from the yeye Forbes list. Now I am not bothered that Oyedepo and Adeboye are being insulted or mocked but my issue is how it can easily affect baby believers who are easily tilted. And if major pastors are left to be attacked consistently on social media, it is the root of Christianity that would shake
In years to come both the catholics, orthodox and Pentecostals would all suffer for all these unchecked attacks and backbiting within d church. Christianity in general might become more difficult to practice in a few years in this country because the devil has laid a ground work by trying to delegitimise every "who" is "who" in Christianedom and when those folks who are being attacked go on to be with the Lord, we the rest would be dealing with a society that is unreceptive

I pray for the next generations of Christians in Nigeria because they might suffer from the foolishness of we their predecessors.

Lastly as a Christian I won't criticize any other Christian for using a jet because I know fully well that if I had the money and require it then I would buy it. Whatever is unlawful for the pastor is unlawful for every other christian. If a pastor can't be rich then all Christians can't be rich either, if a pastor can't own a jet then no christian can own a jet.

For me, I maintain that a private jet is nothing more different than a private car.

NB: Please don't bother quoting me for slander, if you don't agree just talk your own comot for NL, I no get time for argument till 2am midnite.

It is obvious that you don't know much about Christ or his teachings.if you do,u would not write this trash.u are a 'winner' but not a christ-ian.
Re: Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets by UnchangeableGod: 9:10pm On Feb 25, 2018
uuzba:

After admitting your errors publicly, please be prepared to face the consequence of the errors you have propagated publicly as well.

In the Bible, Jesus says, "if any one of you causes of these little ones to sin, it is better he have a mill stone (granite rock for grinding pepper) tied around his neck and then be thrown into the ocean (the stone will drag him down the water and die there), for I tell you, their Angels (guardian Angel of little children) are always before God (closest to God among all others).
-
To commit error is easy.
To pay back for The error you commuted is hard.
It may be hard to publicly confess one's faults but it is not impossible. And for your information sir, God is not like man. He does not condemn neither does He punish those who genuinely repent of their sins, including the serious sin of leading people astray. No He does not. He forgives. If an armed robber or ritualistic for instance, who has wasted lives genuinely repents, God will forgive him or her. God's mercy and grace is so marvellous, great and encompassing! But this is not a licence for anyone to go ahead in evil, expecting to repent some day and be forgiven. You do not know when you will die. If you die in sin and wickedness, you will be damned for all eternity!! Apart from that, God cannot be mocked.
Re: Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets by UnchangeableGod: 9:12pm On Feb 25, 2018
Worksunlimited:

They do but it's usually after they lose their re-election or are no longer in office..
By leaders, I do not mean political leaders alone. Thanks.
Re: Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets by victorioushands: 11:31am On Feb 26, 2018
Many African preachers have allowed themselves to be deceived by Belal. In the past they would spiritually heap any blame on people like this man but, from now, who will be their excuse? Certainly neither Jesus nor his disciples! It's only the spirit of greed and hell that drives a pastor to drive in posh cars and still think he has spiritual rights over the poor in his congregation. Those who use "God's money" to open schools that the poor in their churches cannot attend are those Jesus said tying a stone round their necks and drowning them would be better punishment.
Re: Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets by sonoforogun(m): 12:15pm On Feb 26, 2018
sweetjohn:
Daddy freeze was not vindicated at all. You people should learn how to read and understand. Pastor Benny only said many pastors took his prosperity message out of contest and make it a daily message. He also said and believe that the Christain should prosper, because it is their prosperity that will help to propel the gospel and use to maintain the house of God. But his concern now is that some pastors ve make it as an avenue to enrich themselves. Daddy freeze on the other hand is anti Christain and anti church and anti offering and anti tithes and anti Nigeria pastors and as a result, he is anti christ

Lol at the bolded grin
Re: Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets by brocab: 5:01am On May 28, 2018
Does this mean Benny Hinn, will give everything back to the millions of people, after he had stolen their life savings to be healed, now he had come clean, is he finely admitting he had sold his soul to the devil?
Listen Benny Hinn was never saved in the first place, neither is Kenneth Copeland and the rest of these prosperity pimps.

1 Like

Re: Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets by brocab: 1:04am On May 29, 2018
Here are the pastors and televangelists that i have found and know of that own or use Private Jets that are supposedly owned by their ministry
Benny Hinn
Frederick K.C. Price
Creflo Dollar
Jan and Paul Crouch
K.A. Paul
Joyce Meyer
Paula And Randy White
Mike Murdock
Kenny Copeland
Rod Parsley
Name of Person who had no place to lay his head.

Jesus Christ (Matthew 8:20)

1 Like

Re: Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets by Nobody: 10:50pm On Sep 03, 2019
At least you realized your error in time.

Hope the man at the bottom does so before it's too late.

Re: Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets by brocab: 10:33pm On Nov 28, 2022
We were all deceived with this gospel-not knowing the scriptures-these men and women took us away from the truth-to believe in the health and wealth doctrine, we were all sheep going to the slaughter, the deaths they brought-sickness they brought, the money they stole, and the unbiblical lies they preached-the Lord warns us about Wolves in sheep clothing-these are false prophets, leading innocent people to be slaughtered.
It wasn't long after Benny Hinn announces his mistakes-he asked for more money on Television-Just like Creffo dolor-he isn't any better.
Would these so called believers sell all what they stole, honoring God and give it the poor.
{Matthew 19:16-22} just like Jesus said to the young rich man. and come follow Me..
ponziponzi:
comments

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Dies After Fasting For 30 Days To Compete And Beat Jesus Record / Writing Exam In The Dream / Prophet Samuel Akinbodunse Prophecy About 2019 Election In Nigeria, South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.