Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Bible Found Untouched Amid Tornado Wreckage; See Page That Was Opened (Throwback - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Found Untouched Amid Tornado Wreckage; See Page That Was Opened (Throwback (59154 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19 / Tornado Destroys House, But Prayer Closet Still Standing In Alabama / Painting Of Jesus Remains Untouched As First Baptist Church Burns Down In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible Found Untouched Amid Tornado Wreckage; See Page That Was Opened (Throwback by Octaves(m): 1:53pm On Feb 25, 2018
BluntBoy:

Not all Muslims. There are Muslims (although in the minority) who reject all Hadith.
well minority you say. even if these words are not in the Quran(which I 'll still verify later), there is still more than enough hate speech in it. do you know about the Medinan surahs?

1 Like

Re: Bible Found Untouched Amid Tornado Wreckage; See Page That Was Opened (Throwback by BluntBoy(m): 2:00pm On Feb 25, 2018
Octaves:
well minority you say. even if these words are not in the Quran(which I 'll still verify later), there is still more than enough hate speech in it. do you know about the Medinan surahs?

There are hate speeches in the Bible too.
Re: Bible Found Untouched Amid Tornado Wreckage; See Page That Was Opened (Throwback by shumuel(m): 2:02pm On Feb 25, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:

Never will be the same

I worship a living God and not a moon

Supidity! It is just like saying Olorun is greater than Chineike ;-\ and to think you went to church today, sigh... sad

anyways, a muslim would had told you too that he/she would prefare worshiping the moon than a Cross, hmm ?

It is the same thing, language only differs, stop shaming Christianity, both God and Jesus Christ would be so ashamed of this act, trust me.
Re: Bible Found Untouched Amid Tornado Wreckage; See Page That Was Opened (Throwback by cadre88(m): 2:03pm On Feb 25, 2018
Please, write good English sentences
yarimo:
before is it GOODLUCK jonathan your refuge? undecided
Re: Bible Found Untouched Amid Tornado Wreckage; See Page That Was Opened (Throwback by wellmax(m): 2:12pm On Feb 25, 2018
unohbethel:
no matter what the devilish buhari and its demonic apc is Leading us To.., truly "God Is Our Refuge"

This comment is so un-Christian.
Re: Bible Found Untouched Amid Tornado Wreckage; See Page That Was Opened (Throwback by baldeagle: 2:24pm On Feb 25, 2018
Olu317:
Let us be honest with ourselves. If you have a name equivalent to English word for God, then ,you have to agree to it that God is Allah. If indigenous names such as Ubangidi ,Eledumare,Chukwu, Dagwi, Osa- Nudazi,etc are the equivalent for english version God. In fact, historically, Allah was derived from AL + ILAH. Despite ,there is no language God does not understand.
The Bible's account of Jesus teaching, thought all to love and not detest irrespective of different beliefs.

I don't agree with you, Allah and Christian God are different.

2 Likes

Re: Bible Found Untouched Amid Tornado Wreckage; See Page That Was Opened (Throwback by smith666999(m): 2:28pm On Feb 25, 2018
"God is our refuge". na only that quote dey the page wey open?
no be say I dey doubt God o.
na question I ask.
Re: Bible Found Untouched Amid Tornado Wreckage; See Page That Was Opened (Throwback by Octaves(m): 2:39pm On Feb 25, 2018
BluntBoy:

There are hate speeches in the Bible too.
if Christians don't engage in killing and persecution of unbelievers like a sizable percentage of Muslims do. then we have to examine the so called hate speech in the bible and the one in the Koran to see why the latter has and continues to claim casualties

1 Like

Re: Bible Found Untouched Amid Tornado Wreckage; See Page That Was Opened (Throwback by fay39: 2:41pm On Feb 25, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:
God is greater than allah
it's a big pity u cannot differentiate btwn d two. in a simple way check ur dictionary d meaning of Allah n ask ur pastors or reverends.
Re: Bible Found Untouched Amid Tornado Wreckage; See Page That Was Opened (Throwback by CampNouPolice: 3:00pm On Feb 25, 2018
omenkaLives:
The human mind is naturally conditioned to reject randomness and vacuum. That is why we try to attribute accidents and coincidences to some definitive causes.

It is just a coincidence it was found the way it was, but us trying to put a pattern or cause to it is just us being what we are, Humans!

You admitted that in your post that it is natural, so therefore you trying to go against it is artificial.
Re: Bible Found Untouched Amid Tornado Wreckage; See Page That Was Opened (Throwback by kabawa(m): 3:08pm On Feb 25, 2018
LIES tongue
Re: Bible Found Untouched Amid Tornado Wreckage; See Page That Was Opened (Throwback by Nobody: 3:08pm On Feb 25, 2018
Octaves:
there is no similarity. and the difference you stated is not even accurate

U have no basic knowledge about religions. Goan educate urself.

Adam, Noah, Abraham, Lot, Isaac, Ishmael, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, David and Goliath, Jonah, Mary, John the Baptist, Jesus etc are in the Koran too.
Re: Bible Found Untouched Amid Tornado Wreckage; See Page That Was Opened (Throwback by Nobody: 3:15pm On Feb 25, 2018
nawtyme:

False

Adam, Noah, Abraham, Lot, Isaac, Ishmael, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, David and Goliath, Jonah, Mary, John the Baptist, Jesus etc
Re: Bible Found Untouched Amid Tornado Wreckage; See Page That Was Opened (Throwback by Walelavender(m): 3:26pm On Feb 25, 2018
adadike281:
The lord is indeed my refuge , for no disaster is worse than Buhari, yet am a survivor. Praise the lord. The day Buhari lands in Daura is d day I will give my testimony.
Even when the thread isn't about Buhari grin
You mean PMB is another synonym for disaster grin

2 Likes

Re: Bible Found Untouched Amid Tornado Wreckage; See Page That Was Opened (Throwback by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 25, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Bible Found Untouched Amid Tornado Wreckage; See Page That Was Opened (Throwback by BluntBoy(m): 3:34pm On Feb 25, 2018
Octaves:
if Christians don't engage in killing and persecution of unbelievers like a sizable percentage of Muslims do. then we have to examine the so called hate speech in the bible and the one in the Koran to see why the latter has and continues to claim casualties

The fact remains that the Bible has hate speeches.

How these speeches influence the actions of the adherents is contingent upon many factors including individuality, interpretations and education among other things.

It is believed that Jews carry out more terrorist attacks in the United States than Muslims and I hope you know that the Jews hold the Old Testament of the Bible in high regards.

It may surprise you but I do strongly believe that many Nigerian Christians are capable of being fanatical to the extent of shedding blood and many of them would not even do it because of Christ but because of their pastors. We meet many of them here who would curse you out for daring to speak ill of their pastors. People like that only need someone to lead the violence and they would gladly follow.
Re: Bible Found Untouched Amid Tornado Wreckage; See Page That Was Opened (Throwback by AfolabiDaniel(m): 4:08pm On Feb 25, 2018
God is Good

2 Likes

Re: Bible Found Untouched Amid Tornado Wreckage; See Page That Was Opened (Throwback by Nobody: 4:14pm On Feb 25, 2018
unohbethel:
no matter what the devilish buhari and its demonic apc is Leading us To.., truly "God Is Our Refuge"

1 Like

Re: Bible Found Untouched Amid Tornado Wreckage; See Page That Was Opened (Throwback by Octaves(m): 4:20pm On Feb 25, 2018
BluntBoy:

The fact remains that the Bible has hate speeches.

How these speeches influence the actions of the adherents is contingent upon many factors including individuality, interpretations and education among other things.

It is believed that Jews carry out more terrorist attacks in the United States than Muslims and I hope you know that the Jews hold the Old Testament of the Bible in high regards.

It may surprise you but I do strongly believe that many Nigerian Christians are capable of being fanatical to the extent of shedding blood and many of them would not even do it because of Christ but because of their pastors. We meet many of them here who would curse you out for daring to speak ill of their pastors. People like that only need someone to lead the violence and they would gladly follow.

90% of 'religion influenced' violence is carried out by Muslims. if only prophet Muhammed has showed them a good example with his own life. we wouldn't be experiencing this kind of madness.
you can't even find a Christian group that uses the old testament to back up a violent ideology. you know why? because Christians have a perfect understanding of the intent and context of those scriptures and I tell you its not hate speech as you see it.
on the other hand, if you take a global statistics, you get your receipts for what the other religion has done.

2 Likes

Re: Bible Found Untouched Amid Tornado Wreckage; See Page That Was Opened (Throwback by Octaves(m): 4:23pm On Feb 25, 2018
PrecisionFx:

U have no basic knowledge about religions. Goan educate urself.

Adam, Noah, Abraham, Lot, Isaac, Ishmael, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, David and Goliath, Jonah, Mary, John the Baptist, Jesus etc are in the Koran too.
I do not deny characters with those names exist in the Koran. they are there for effect. I can see the brainwashing effect on you already.
you are the one that needs to go and educate yourself

2 Likes

Re: Bible Found Untouched Amid Tornado Wreckage; See Page That Was Opened (Throwback by salam1(m): 4:58pm On Feb 25, 2018
For the fools above Allah is Arabic name for God, ask us brothers at ECWA church and the will enlighten u stop saying rubish plss, 2dayvis Sunday even if ur brain. Don't function other days at least put it to use 2day
Re: Bible Found Untouched Amid Tornado Wreckage; See Page That Was Opened (Throwback by wirinet(m): 5:17pm On Feb 25, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:

Never will be the same

You worship the sun the same way Muslims worships the moon.

You venerate Sun Day, a day dedicated to the sun instead of sabbath day which is Saturday.

You revere and worship the day the sun is said to have been reborn in the northern hemisphere as the day your lord is born.

You revere the Sunday after the full moon after the spring equinox as the day your lord died.

And you have the audacity to accuse others of worshiping celestial bodies. The fact that you are ignorant of the origins of your religious practices should not give you the rights to criticise the practices of others you are equally ignorant about.
Re: Bible Found Untouched Amid Tornado Wreckage; See Page That Was Opened (Throwback by crafteck(m): 5:41pm On Feb 25, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:
God is greater than allah

Im a Christian but i cant think of a reason why anyone would make such a statement in the midst of religious segregation and tribal issues in this country.
Re: Bible Found Untouched Amid Tornado Wreckage; See Page That Was Opened (Throwback by Burgerlomo: 5:41pm On Feb 25, 2018
God is great

2 Likes

Re: Bible Found Untouched Amid Tornado Wreckage; See Page That Was Opened (Throwback by Mhyketh(m): 5:45pm On Feb 25, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:

Never will be the same

tell them, we have come to know the truth, the living God who sent his only begotten son that who so ever believeth in him shall not die but have everlasting life. God is great.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bible Found Untouched Amid Tornado Wreckage; See Page That Was Opened (Throwback by Chochovini: 6:01pm On Feb 25, 2018
Sirjamo:
The fact is- they are the same
. WHO Told you they are thesame?

1 Like

Re: Bible Found Untouched Amid Tornado Wreckage; See Page That Was Opened (Throwback by Chochovini: 6:02pm On Feb 25, 2018
Sirjamo:
The fact is- they are the same
. WHO Told you they are thesame?
Re: Bible Found Untouched Amid Tornado Wreckage; See Page That Was Opened (Throwback by wirinet(m): 6:05pm On Feb 25, 2018
Mhyketh:

tell them, we have come to know the truth, the living God who sent his only begotten son that who so ever believeth in him shall not die but have everlasting life. God is great.
To us unbelievers, can you please explain what the word "only begotten son" means. What does it mean by to beget, then why only one son? Could the method used to beget one son not be used to beget another or even a daughter. Why could Jesus not have brothers or even sisters?
Re: Bible Found Untouched Amid Tornado Wreckage; See Page That Was Opened (Throwback by BluntBoy(m): 6:32pm On Feb 25, 2018
Octaves:
90% of 'religion influenced' violence is carried out by Muslims. if only prophet Muhammed has showed them a good example with his own life. we wouldn't be experiencing this kind of madness.
you can't even find a Christian group that uses the old testament to back up a violent ideology. you know why? because Christians have a perfect understanding of the intent and context of those scriptures and I tell you its not hate speech as you see it.
on the other hand, if you take a global statistics, you get your receipts for what the other religion has done.

Bro, do you realize that Christians too have once perpetrated atrocities in the name of God?

Have you read about what happened during the Crusades of the Middle Ages Have you heard about Christian terrorism in Central African Republic that has drastically reduced the population of Muslims Would you say such Christians represent the Christian faith?

Yes, Muslims have been more prone to religious terrorism in this period, but it doesn't mean the Quran is the cause. You yourself admitted that Christians have learnt to understand the intent of the scriptures. But it didn't use to be like that in the past when Christian terrorism was the order of the day and is still the order of the day in Central African Republic.

Take for instance, the Hadith that talks about virgins awaiting martyrs in paradise. The Hadith says martyr but Islamist extremists brainwash individuals to blow up themselves so as to receive virgins in heaven. Of course, blowing up oneself is suicide and not martyrdom and so even that Hadith, though largely viewed as inauthentic and highly disputable, does not even support terrorism. It encourages people to be willing to be persecuted for Allah. It doesn't encourage people to incite violence.
Re: Bible Found Untouched Amid Tornado Wreckage; See Page That Was Opened (Throwback by piagetskinner(m): 7:19pm On Feb 25, 2018
so many of us profess our love for God but how many of us truly know and love him?

back to the picture, with God nothing happens by coincidence for everything that happens has been divinely orchestrated..yes! God is my refuge in the time of storm

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bible Found Untouched Amid Tornado Wreckage; See Page That Was Opened (Throwback by hopefulLandlord: 8:22pm On Feb 25, 2018
phoenixthefirst:

I was reading people's comments but I must say your reasoning impresses me.

Sound and precise reasoning.

I am not taking sides in the religious arguments. I am only saying your reasoning is sound.

Wow! Thanks for the compliment bro, I appreciate it sir

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church / #BibleStudyWithKumuyi ||Passionate Importunate Prayer For Pure Practical Wisdom / Bishop David Oyedepo's Prophecies For 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.