Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Majek Fashek's Performance In 1987 In Port Harcourt Stadium (Throwback Photos) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Majek Fashek's Performance In 1987 In Port Harcourt Stadium (Throwback Photos) (42389 Views)

Majek Fashek Buried In The U.S / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) / Majek Fashek Performs At COZA Christmas Carol In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Majek Fashek's Performance In 1987 In Port Harcourt Stadium (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 10:53am On Feb 24, 2018
Gangster1ms:

miscalculation
How time flies
Re: Majek Fashek's Performance In 1987 In Port Harcourt Stadium (Throwback Photos) by CoolOg: 10:56am On Feb 24, 2018
Still one of my best old artist though
Re: Majek Fashek's Performance In 1987 In Port Harcourt Stadium (Throwback Photos) by Gangster1ms: 10:56am On Feb 24, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
How time flies
Assin ehn.. by the time i know it i will be 91 cry
Re: Majek Fashek's Performance In 1987 In Port Harcourt Stadium (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 24, 2018
Gangster1ms:

Assin ehn.. by the time i know it i will be 91 cry
If you live that long... grin
Re: Majek Fashek's Performance In 1987 In Port Harcourt Stadium (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 24, 2018
Now that is the Legend! Not froggie or Amala-shitta.

Sometimes I wonder why dictionary is too expensive for people to buy and open.
Re: Majek Fashek's Performance In 1987 In Port Harcourt Stadium (Throwback Photos) by Gangster1ms: 11:00am On Feb 24, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
If you live that long... grin
I have that strong feeling i will live up to 153 grin
Re: Majek Fashek's Performance In 1987 In Port Harcourt Stadium (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 11:03am On Feb 24, 2018
Gangster1ms:

I have that strong feeling i will live up to 153 grin
Good. A bad wife will cut your life span short though
Re: Majek Fashek's Performance In 1987 In Port Harcourt Stadium (Throwback Photos) by Witnes: 11:07am On Feb 24, 2018
A Fulani man that made waves and reigns back then, un4tunately drugs reset his entire life.
Still a legend sha!
Re: Majek Fashek's Performance In 1987 In Port Harcourt Stadium (Throwback Photos) by Melian(f): 11:10am On Feb 24, 2018
Gangster1ms:
Handsome vibrant guy

31years ago..

Very handsome indeed. First thing l noticed.
Re: Majek Fashek's Performance In 1987 In Port Harcourt Stadium (Throwback Photos) by EDUECO(m): 11:13am On Feb 24, 2018
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Sadly,

Today Majek Fashek needs more of Oral B and Sosorovia perfume than any accolade.

Wasted life of an alcoholic!

His Bini village people finished his life before he even started.

He remains a music icon though anytime, anyday!
Mr man,you have to desist from this vitriolic aspersions and insults you cast on my Bini ancestry!
Majek Fashek is more of Yoruba since his father is of Yoruba origin.
Re: Majek Fashek's Performance In 1987 In Port Harcourt Stadium (Throwback Photos) by bakynes(m): 11:14am On Feb 24, 2018
We have a lot of crazy people on nairaland, why would anybody even be arguing the tribe of Majek Fashek. Majekodunmi does it sound Bini or Igbo?. Pure Yoruba man.
Re: Majek Fashek's Performance In 1987 In Port Harcourt Stadium (Throwback Photos) by Originalsly: 11:14am On Feb 24, 2018
Hmmm... is he Yoruba?....is he Igbo?.... is he a Yoruba legend?...is he an Igbo legend? ...isn't he a legend period? Wayyy too many of us living in the 21st century with 18th century village mentality and we're still wondering why we are not progressing.

@ topic .... the man has laid tracks that will be played and be relevant for generationsss... his life will pass.. but his music will live on. Our present artistes.... Davido et al..... that have soooo much more coverage and exposure due to social media .... are sooo uninspiring..... music sooo shallow....they are more likely to live longer than their music.

2 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek's Performance In 1987 In Port Harcourt Stadium (Throwback Photos) by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:16am On Feb 24, 2018
wink2015:

Why use the word "His Bini Village people"

For your knowledge and education, please note that MAJEK FASHEK father is a YORUBA MAN, it is the mother that is Bini.

So go and read some HISTORY TEXTBOOKS before pressing your computer or phone keyboard to type.
So if his mother is Bini are they not his Bini village people. grin
Re: Majek Fashek's Performance In 1987 In Port Harcourt Stadium (Throwback Photos) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 11:21am On Feb 24, 2018
before madness took over
Re: Majek Fashek's Performance In 1987 In Port Harcourt Stadium (Throwback Photos) by michony505(m): 11:23am On Feb 24, 2018
OneCorner:
majechuku fashek.
igbo boy making it cool
why do you ppl like attache? he was born to a yoruba father and a benin mother

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek's Performance In 1987 In Port Harcourt Stadium (Throwback Photos) by Toks2008(m): 11:27am On Feb 24, 2018
OneCorner:
majechuku fashek. igbo boy making it cool
lol! your mumuism dey epic...
His name is actually Majekodunmi fashakin...
Re: Majek Fashek's Performance In 1987 In Port Harcourt Stadium (Throwback Photos) by LZAA: 11:28am On Feb 24, 2018
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Sadly,

Today Majek Fashek needs more of Oral B and Sosorovia perfume than any accolade.

Wasted life of an alcoholic!

He remains a music icon though anytime, anyday!
NwaAmaikpe grin grin
Re: Majek Fashek's Performance In 1987 In Port Harcourt Stadium (Throwback Photos) by achiever12: 11:32am On Feb 24, 2018
OneCorner:
majechuku fashek.
igbo boy making it cool

His name is Majekodunmi Fasheke, son of Emmanuel Olatunji Fasheke from Ijesa region, Osun State, Nigeria.
Re: Majek Fashek's Performance In 1987 In Port Harcourt Stadium (Throwback Photos) by Myself2(m): 11:36am On Feb 24, 2018
UbanmeUdie:

!

His village people did not touch him,Majek got himself involved in occultic ritualistic sea side bury this and bury that stuff,plus his penchant for drug abuse.Those were his undoing.
Re: Majek Fashek's Performance In 1987 In Port Harcourt Stadium (Throwback Photos) by aspirebig: 11:37am On Feb 24, 2018
Cromcruach91:
Send down the rain!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwoOzGqjxDI

The sky look misty and cloudy
Looks like rain gonna fall today
This morning I have been soaked in mercy
Waiting for the rain to drop the water Lord
Oh Lord….ye
Some are hungry men
And I don’t wanna be angry
Send down the rain
Water up my seed ye
Send down the rain
Send down the rain
Send down the rain
Send down the rain

Everything in life has got its time and seasons
So you don’t have to ask me why
You don’t expect to sow cassava
And reap up coco-yam
You don’t expect to sow rice
and reap up cassava
Whatever a man soweth in this world
He must surely reap

Cos i am a living man
Got a lot of work to do
Send down the rain
Papa Papa papayo
yaya yaya yayayo
Send down the rain
Cos i am a living man
Got a lot of work to do
Send down the rain
Mama mama mamayo
yaga yaga yagayo
send down the rain

Jah is my song and that’s make me be so strong
Jah is my song and that’s make me feel so strong
No matter what they say…even if they say I’m wrong
I’m gonna feel strong
Cos i know i’m gonna live long
Oh Lord

Cos i am a living man
Got a lot of work to do
Send down the rain
Papa Papa papayo
yaya yaya yayayo
Send down the rain
Cos i am a living man
Got a lot of work to do
Send down the rain
Mama mama mamayo
yaga yaga yagayo
send down the rain
Cos i am a living man
Got a lot of work to do
Send down the rain

Jah is my song and that’s make me to be so strong
even if they say Im wrong
I’m gonna feel strong
I’m gonna feel strong

Cos i am a living man
Got a lot of work to do
Send down the rain
Mama mama mamayo
yaga yaga yagayo
send down the rain
Papa Papa papayo
yaya yaya yayayo
Send down the rain

I’m gonna feel strong
I’m gonna feel strong

Cos i am a living man
Got a lot of work to do
Send down the rain
Papa Papa papayo
yaga yaga yagayo
Send down the rain
Mama mama mamayo
yaga yaga yagayo
Send down the rain

Some people still wonder where did the word "Daddyo"
came from..
Re: Majek Fashek's Performance In 1987 In Port Harcourt Stadium (Throwback Photos) by Jethrolite(m): 11:44am On Feb 24, 2018
Why is no one saying anything about King Pago the dwarf, is he dead?
Re: Majek Fashek's Performance In 1987 In Port Harcourt Stadium (Throwback Photos) by Gangster1ms: 11:44am On Feb 24, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Good. A bad wife will cut your life span short though
I won't marry.. baby mama things wink
Re: Majek Fashek's Performance In 1987 In Port Harcourt Stadium (Throwback Photos) by sprints1: 11:49am On Feb 24, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

How the mighty fall.
Mark my words,

This is just how we will talk about Wizkid or Davido in just 15 year's time if they keep up with their present rate of immature irresponsibility.
time is everything u can't last forever...king of pop Michael Jackson career at the end was sad after hitting it the 80s looked at what happened to him... Davido and Wizkid will for sure be rags in the music industry in the future no doubt about that... though majek was a drug addict but even if he wasn't his music won't be relevant anymore... just enjoy ur time while it lasts...
Re: Majek Fashek's Performance In 1987 In Port Harcourt Stadium (Throwback Photos) by adecz: 11:56am On Feb 24, 2018
That song was a spiritual Rain Maker chant.

Anywhere he sang that song back in the days,
heavy rain leading to epic flooding was witnessed.

Pls he shouldn't attempt singing it at this
Buhari induced hard times.
Re: Majek Fashek's Performance In 1987 In Port Harcourt Stadium (Throwback Photos) by Domainty(m): 12:19pm On Feb 24, 2018
;DD are you the undecided one who gave him that Igbo name? He is a Yoruba man. Lesson: Use your talent to glorify God. Today's artists, this is an eyes opener for you. Stay away from drugs.
OneCorner:
majechuku fashek.
igbo boy making it cool
Re: Majek Fashek's Performance In 1987 In Port Harcourt Stadium (Throwback Photos) by rockcitie: 12:20pm On Feb 24, 2018
The period he exited Nairaland, both monikers also went along with him.
I'm glad people have also started noticing.

Etihadstore:

NwaAmaikpe have u been banned again?
shocked this smiley is giving u away
Whenever u are want to comment you must use shocked
Modified : you decided to use your two accounts at once
Re: Majek Fashek's Performance In 1987 In Port Harcourt Stadium (Throwback Photos) by Ademoore07(m): 12:40pm On Feb 24, 2018
cool
OneCorner:
majechuku fashek.
igbo boy making it cool

U are the worst illiterate I had ever met oo NL grin

Chaiiii..... U don't know anything about him.
His full name is "Majekodunmi Fasheun" an indigene of ondo state. Olodo rabata tongue
Re: Majek Fashek's Performance In 1987 In Port Harcourt Stadium (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 1:02pm On Feb 24, 2018
Gangster1ms:

I won't marry.. baby mama things wink
Yimu. Your mumsy never catch you for throat ni
Re: Majek Fashek's Performance In 1987 In Port Harcourt Stadium (Throwback Photos) by bareal(m): 1:04pm On Feb 24, 2018
anibirelawal:

God forbid that.

Truth hurts! They need to be cautioned...
Re: Majek Fashek's Performance In 1987 In Port Harcourt Stadium (Throwback Photos) by mynaijadj(m): 1:05pm On Feb 24, 2018
Majek's music is as fresh today as 3 decades ago.
Re: Majek Fashek's Performance In 1987 In Port Harcourt Stadium (Throwback Photos) by anibirelawal(m): 1:07pm On Feb 24, 2018
bareal:

Truth hurts! They need to be cautioned...
You are right, they need to be cautioned. but we dont have to wish them badluck.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Arrest Mr. Ibu's Son & Adopted Daughter For Pilfering ₦55M From Donation / Linda Ikeji Shades Laura's Dress Sense On Instagram / Stop Addressing Me As Tega's Husband - Ajeboh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.