Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,678 members, 7,865,726 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 02:04 AM

If You Stopped Giving Tithes? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Stopped Giving Tithes? (656 Views)

See What This Dude Is Giving To God / 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If You Stopped Giving Tithes? by huxley(m): 9:31pm On Apr 25, 2010
What would happen to you and your church if you (and all your co-congregationists) stopped giving your hard-earned money to the pastors at your church?
Re: If You Stopped Giving Tithes? by bee444: 12:04am On Apr 26, 2010
My account balance would increase, and my Church would then rely solely on the true word of God and stop enriching themselves through the tithe compulsion thing.

Pastors would then return back to the true origin of Christianity and stop this madness of making money through their sheep's. Church offering would then be used to pay for Church expenses and Pastors salary. This would then humble the so-called Pastors and stop them from flaunting their jets, luxury cars, armani suits etc.
Re: If You Stopped Giving Tithes? by vescucci(m): 11:17am On Apr 26, 2010
I'm not a Christian but I know that paying tithes is absolutely not compulsory. What a Christian ought to do is give freely of what God has blessed him with. It may vary in percentages however the giver feels he can afford and live with. But some Christians suspect this and still keep on paying tithes because they think that way they can buy God's favour. Some think it as a way of cleaning money. Rob the public treasury and pay the Mafia boss (God) ten percent and he won't kick your ass in the world to come. Most pay it cuz they don't wanna take responsibilty for many things. They're scared of the thought of going against a pastor. What I wanna know is, do pastors pay tithe?

(1) (Reply)

A Wise Man Is He / Why Would You Allow A Female Pastor To Preach To Your Kids? / Is This A Religion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.