Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,643 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

Alakija Dragged On Twitter After Saying She Accepted Her oil well by "Faith" - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Alakija Dragged On Twitter After Saying She Accepted Her oil well by "Faith" (36302 Views)

Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage / Folorunsho Alakija Is Building Famfa Towers, Costs N60 Billion / An Open Letter To Folorunsho Alakija For Accepting Oil Well By 'Faith' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alakija Dragged On Twitter After Saying She Accepted Her oil well by "Faith" by Nukilia: 8:02am On Feb 25, 2018
ziggy1702:
that's the story of almost half of Nigerian billionaires, nothing inspirational of how hard work and good thinking pays but how they stumbled into overnight success. that's why u hardly see them writing their autobiography cos it's never inspiring

The art of deception
Re: Alakija Dragged On Twitter After Saying She Accepted Her oil well by "Faith" by loganx: 8:03am On Feb 25, 2018
Anytime they sing her praises or she tells her story, i try very hard to avoid speaking about her "success" people like Alakija in this country should keep their mouths shut.
we will really appreciate their quietness and not continue to insult our sensitivity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alakija Dragged On Twitter After Saying She Accepted Her oil well by "Faith" by Temptee101(m): 8:04am On Feb 25, 2018
DSDLIVEREPORT:

The only thing I dont like here is calling Buhari a monster .I don't disrespect elders even when they have no clue to what they are doing.
I totally disagree with you? If i may ask, what qualities does buhari possess to merit being called an elder? Being an elder is not just a title, you earn it

Elders lead by example
Elders are compassionate and kind
Elders are role models and mentors
Elders are wise and knowledgeable and many more. ..

Buhari is the exact opposite of the aforementioned, so he doesn't deserve being called an elder. He is even worst than a monster.

1 Like

Re: Alakija Dragged On Twitter After Saying She Accepted Her oil well by "Faith" by MrMcJay(m): 8:04am On Feb 25, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
you talk English, I talk money.

Go eat your English you this charge and bail Lawyer

Charge and bail lawyer?
You really think everyone shares your low station in life and surfers from the misfortunes afflicting you!

You keep typing nonsense as if your fingers are keeping malice with your brain.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Alakija Dragged On Twitter After Saying She Accepted Her oil well by "Faith" by Bin3(f): 8:06am On Feb 25, 2018
buskie13:
I must chop Nigeria money ,all our politicians are mad,from the president to the LG chairman
lol u funny o,abeg no forget me o when u start to dey chop am
Re: Alakija Dragged On Twitter After Saying She Accepted Her oil well by "Faith" by BushWickBill: 8:06am On Feb 25, 2018
hedonistic:

Stop spinning stupid lies to misinform and mislead the gullible public. Her husband, Modupe Alakija, is a Lawyer and NOT a geologist. He doesn't know zilch about the technicalities of oil prospecting or exploration, let alone be in a position to make any meaningful decision on these matters.

He is just a 'dundee' figurehead husband, if not, why is he merely the titular "chairman" of Famfa yet he doesn't own enough shares there to be a dollar billionaire? Why is Folorunsho the owner of the company and not him?
Thanks for busting the lies and misinformation that is typical of the Nigerian narrative

That is why it's easy to peddle fables like the topic at hand. Because no one manages to fact check these tables.
If you dig deeper you will find out that there's more to this dashing of oil block story.
But it's already a manufactured tale that is part of the general narrative that has found its way to church by virtue of the "faith" tag.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alakija Dragged On Twitter After Saying She Accepted Her oil well by "Faith" by slegerman(m): 8:11am On Feb 25, 2018
Her story is typical Nigerian billionaire's story. No one has become billionaire in this country "cleanly" or without government help.

1 Like

Re: Alakija Dragged On Twitter After Saying She Accepted Her oil well by "Faith" by Doerstech(m): 8:11am On Feb 25, 2018
Mitsurugi:

Coincidentally me and wifey were having this dream of a suitcase filled with $3m suddenly appearing in our living room just yesterday. We 'planned' what we'd do with the money and 'lived it' for over an hour, before I had to go back to work. Reality! Chai! sad

Lolz
Re: Alakija Dragged On Twitter After Saying She Accepted Her oil well by "Faith" by Nobody: 8:11am On Feb 25, 2018
MrMcJay:

I'm actually a lawyer and I don't share your financial misfortune.
A lawyer? grin that's even worst. and why are you Advicing us to get into IT though you are not into IT? Flaws your Advice! grin **sacarsm**

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alakija Dragged On Twitter After Saying She Accepted Her oil well by "Faith" by Nobody: 8:11am On Feb 25, 2018
she was just lucky to be at the right place at the right time.
Desyner:
I don't blame her because some oil blocks are not so economically viable to attract any skilled or experienced owners. If everyone was avoiding a oil block, then is says something important about that oil block perceived profitability.

I pity u.
Re: Alakija Dragged On Twitter After Saying She Accepted Her oil well by "Faith" by Doerstech(m): 8:11am On Feb 25, 2018
Talking too much aint good....We will await the thread
Re: Alakija Dragged On Twitter After Saying She Accepted Her oil well by "Faith" by Nobody: 8:13am On Feb 25, 2018
Narldon:

See my fellow Woman stumbling upon Oil Block by Faith...

MeanWhile the Only thing I stumbled upon by Faith was the leftover Plantain remained by my Daddy...

Lord, Please Change my Story! embarassed

gringringrin.

Nne u bad ooooo

1 Like

Re: Alakija Dragged On Twitter After Saying She Accepted Her oil well by "Faith" by Nedsnow(m): 8:15am On Feb 25, 2018
transformed:
Better produce thread for Buhari you stupidly coersed on us and still shamelessly support. In Buhari Nigeria Aso Villa queen cannot get employment not to talk of oil well except if she answer Daura, Buhari, or Kyari...not to talk of ordinary housemaid from anothr tribe. During millitary era oil well were shared based on president discretion, 99% of individuals that were given the largese in those days hawk it for cheap in europe and US. The success story for Alakija is turning the well into an empire...you can imagine what a maid will receive vs what other military guys got and most of them are no where to be seen today. Ofcourse her story might not be sensational as some other guys that actually attain greatness through personal effort and hardwork...but success na success, there will always be a lesson to be learnt. Ogundamisi should go and sleep, wjile doing that he should figure out how the monster he helped elect will get back to Daura... Meanwhile, anybody here with an idea of how to get retired oil well in naija?

Sorry my man. Please do me a favour. Read what you wrote over and over again. If it makes sense to you, then I have nothing further to say.

Just go to her LinkedIn page. You might actually mistake her for an evangelist better than an entrepreneur. She is in no way a Role Model or an influencer.
If Bill gate and co should claim all their wealth came from God, practically all Billionaires serve God more than everybody.

3 Likes

Re: Alakija Dragged On Twitter After Saying She Accepted Her oil well by "Faith" by Nobody: 8:15am On Feb 25, 2018
DSDLIVEREPORT:

The only thing I dont like here is calling Buhari a monster .I don't disrespect elders even when they have no clue to what they are doing.

On the contrary, where I come from no matter ur age, wealth or influence, U earn respect, Its not accorded to age.

That's why in my region u don't see our youth praising my leader or politician like Yorubas do to Tinubu or like Hausas do to Buhari.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alakija Dragged On Twitter After Saying She Accepted Her oil well by "Faith" by Nobody: 8:19am On Feb 25, 2018
What does this woman wants the youths to learn from this BS?....'that we can make it with an oil block'? She turned a billionaire overnight at the expense of the masses and has contributed nothing to better the lives of the unemployed youths. To even call this a hard work is a slap on the face!
Maybe youths should be given oil blocks too and see how we turn things around. The so called company hasn't even organized a free and fair recruitment since inception. In a sane environment, this woman would be behind the bars for this BS and all processes that led to the allocation of the oil block be reviewed. C'est fini! shocked

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alakija Dragged On Twitter After Saying She Accepted Her oil well by "Faith" by Icon4s(m): 8:21am On Feb 25, 2018
Toks2008:
I don't know why people are quoting her out of context.

From what I understand,she accepted a non functional well that has zero potential of profitability but having the faith that she will turn it around and that came to pass.

I don't know but this is my own idea of what she wrote.

She didn't say she accepted any Well. She accepted a block!

Wells are drilled after several Exploration activities, and several field development plans have been carried out.

It is a very tedious process that involves expertise, time and very importantly money.

Even that Kayode is just talking like an illiterate. Cos from his statement he doesn't know the difference between a Well and a block.

I believe the Woman's story. It takes Faith to accept a Green block when you are not sure whether you'll strike oil or not.

But what she didn't tell us the source of funding the project.

2 Likes

Re: Alakija Dragged On Twitter After Saying She Accepted Her oil well by "Faith" by MrMcJay(m): 8:23am On Feb 25, 2018
gypsey:
A lawyer? grin that's even worst. and why are you Advicing us to get into IT though you are not into IT? Flaws you Advice! grin **sacarsm**

Assumtion is the root of ignorance.
Technology has permeated all sectors of the society and you're asking if I'm into IT?
Is GT bank into IT? Why do they have several apps?

IT bridges the gap between the service provider and the consumer. If you can bring a process or idea to reach more customers efficiently and effectively, you've struck gold.
Re: Alakija Dragged On Twitter After Saying She Accepted Her oil well by "Faith" by Icon4s(m): 8:23am On Feb 25, 2018
IFearGod:
What does this woman wants the youths to learn from this BS?....'that we can make it with an oil block'? She turned a billionaire overnight at the expense of the masses and has contributed nothing to better the lives of the unemployed youths. To even call this a hard work is a slap on the face.
Maybe youths should be given oil blocks too and see how we turn things around. The so called company hasn't even organized a free and fair recruitment since inception. In a sane environment this woman supposed to be behind the bar for this BS and all processes for allocating the oil block be reviewed. shocked

You obviously do not know the details of turning a Block into a money spinning venture.
Re: Alakija Dragged On Twitter After Saying She Accepted Her oil well by "Faith" by Kobicove(m): 8:24am On Feb 25, 2018
Forget all that crap about faith...the truth is that this woman got rich from government patronage undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alakija Dragged On Twitter After Saying She Accepted Her oil well by "Faith" by Nobody: 8:24am On Feb 25, 2018
BushWickBill:

Thanks for busting the lies and misinformation that is typical of the Nigerian narrative

That is why it's easy to peddle fables like the topic at hand. Because no one manages to fact check these tables.
If you dig deeper you will find out that there's more to this dashing of oil block story.
But it's already a manufactured tale that is part of the general narrative that has found its way to church by virtue of the "faith" tag.
very Nicely put!
the peddling of "Faith" by unscrupulous questionable individuals with enermous wealth and churches in nigeria has become an epidemic. hence Nigerian youths have become lazy and unproductive because they all have been sold this Ignorant false believe that "God will pick their calls one day" angry it's jawdroppingly ridiculous!

1 Like

Re: Alakija Dragged On Twitter After Saying She Accepted Her oil well by "Faith" by Stallion93(m): 8:27am On Feb 25, 2018
If 1 house girl can have an oil block all to herself, then Imagine what the oga of the house girl and his cabals will have, Imagine what their wives will have and their children. National wealth is but a hoax in Nigeria, We as Blacks are Fvking Evil!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alakija Dragged On Twitter After Saying She Accepted Her oil well by "Faith" by Nobody: 8:28am On Feb 25, 2018
ziggy1702:
that's the story of almost half of Nigerian billionaires, nothing inspirational of how hard work and good thinking pays but how they stumbled into overnight success. that's why u hardly see them writing their autobiography cos it's never inspiring

All our dollar billionaires have no tangible stories.
Re: Alakija Dragged On Twitter After Saying She Accepted Her oil well by "Faith" by ibez007(m): 8:30am On Feb 25, 2018
naijastoryz:
Choi! Richest woman in Nigeria dragged on Twitter after saying she accepted her oil well 'by faith'
olorunso Alakija is a Nigerian businesswoman, one of the richest African women and also one of the richest black women in the world.

source-https://www.metrodailies.com/news/choi-richest-woman-nigeria-dragged-twitter-saying-accepted-oil-well-faith/

Point of Correction!,
Her Name is Folorunso Alakija besides She is the Wealthiest Black African Woman.
Re: Alakija Dragged On Twitter After Saying She Accepted Her oil well by "Faith" by Maxigoody: 8:31am On Feb 25, 2018
Her ranting can continue, is because Nigerians have been so unfortunate not to have a radical President that has one-tenth of my capabilities and qualities to make sure all these rent seekers are kicked out of the blood sucking ducts they have attached to the lives of Nigeria's common wealth.

2 Likes

Re: Alakija Dragged On Twitter After Saying She Accepted Her oil well by "Faith" by Nobody: 8:32am On Feb 25, 2018
MrMcJay:

Assumtion is the root of ignorance.
Technology has permeated all sectors of the society and you're asking if I'm into IT?
Is GT bank into IT? Why do they have several apps?

IT bridges the gap between the service provider and the consumer. If you can bring a process or idea to reach more customers efficiently and effectively, you've struck gold.
you just confirmed that you are a lawyer a minute ago! how's that an assumptions? grin Chai!

it appears you are very well learned in IT, i am still wondering why you have chosen to be a lawyer rather. that's all.
Re: Alakija Dragged On Twitter After Saying She Accepted Her oil well by "Faith" by Icon4s(m): 8:34am On Feb 25, 2018
Desyner:
I don't blame her because some oil blocks are not so economically viable to attract any skilled or experienced owners. If everyone was avoiding a oil block, then is says something important about that oil block perceived profitability.

This is about the only reasonable comment on this thread.

Our youths that are even aspiring to break into the Oil industry know nothing about the business.

To start with they don't even know the difference between a Well and an Oil Block.

Too bad.
Re: Alakija Dragged On Twitter After Saying She Accepted Her oil well by "Faith" by Caseless: 8:36am On Feb 25, 2018
Na this kain useless statement de cause trouble for Niger delta.
Re: Alakija Dragged On Twitter After Saying She Accepted Her oil well by "Faith" by BushWickBill: 8:37am On Feb 25, 2018
gypsey:
very Nicley put!
the peddling of "Faith" by unscrupulous questionable individuals with enermous wealth and churches in nigeria has become an epidemic. hence Nigerian youths have become lazy and unproductive because they all have been sold a false believe that "God will pick their calls one day" angry it's jawdroppingly ridicilous!
Nothing more to add.

Alakija hasn't told us the true story of that oil field gift and her relationship with one of the most corrupt individuals this country has ever seen.

Until then daft Nigerians will be blinded and muted and deafened as long as an issue has religious tint attached to it.

As for the lazy Nigerians, it's simply the product of a dead society. One foòl on a pulpit with a microphone has told us he can pray credit alert into our phones. Another told us he drove from Asaba to Ore with an empty tank. The other slaps witches as a hobby. I'm sure you know where this is going.

3 Likes

Re: Alakija Dragged On Twitter After Saying She Accepted Her oil well by "Faith" by Nobody: 8:42am On Feb 25, 2018
macaphan007:
She's not the only one that has benefit from the system,Adenuga owner of Global,the Indimis just to mention a few,Tinubu and even Fashola allocated land to their croonies,in Abj Hectares of land is allocated to Senators,Ministers and business men close to which ever administration is in power, land in Abj is the oil over there,imagine being allocated 100hectares that's worth over 5bn naira,my people that's why most folks will do anything to get close to power,Alakija in her case was just fortunate, I don't hate her but she should just keep quiet and save face.
Bros for inside Abuja proper, 100×100 plot na billion sef
Re: Alakija Dragged On Twitter After Saying She Accepted Her oil well by "Faith" by bejeria101(m): 8:43am On Feb 25, 2018
superior1:
She meant to say she accepted the oil well by selling her pu.....y

She sold her cat? Haba! Thats wicked o! Hehehe
Re: Alakija Dragged On Twitter After Saying She Accepted Her oil well by "Faith" by azyaq(m): 8:43am On Feb 25, 2018
Esseite:
This is not a good inspirational story for the youths...

It's more like dreaming of seeing Ghana must go bag of dollars in an uncompleted building..

Or gist with friends of what you would do if you mistakenly win 1 billion naira
dream that cannot be true for ever.gbam!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Man Was Duped This Morning In Ikeja, Lagos / Correct Facts About Why P&G Is Shutting Down Its $300 Million Agbara Plant / What A Bad Day Looks Like In The Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.