Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Nigerians Living In Mozambique - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Living In Mozambique (63132 Views)

Nigerian Man Dies In Mozambique. Do You Know Him? (Photo) / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by onatisi(m): 10:12am On Apr 11, 2018
merrypakman:

Please can one invest a million naira in Mozambique? please kindly share more info in relocating. thanks

i dont think one million naira is anything at all , dont look at the figures in naira but in dollars and secondly remember that as a foreigner you will definitely spend more than a citizen, i always tell people that the minimum amount to budget for abroad investment should be like 5000 dollars to 10,000 dollars , this will keep you covered for a peroid of time

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by merrypakman: 10:32am On Apr 11, 2018
onatisi:

i dont think one million naira is anything at all , dont look at the figures in naira but in dollars and secondly remember that as a foreigner you will definitely spend more than a citizen, i always tell people that the minimum amount to budget for abroad investment should be like 5000 dollars to 10,000 dollars , this will keep you covered for a peroid of time
I intended investing that amount in any African country, sincerely speaking I am fed up with naija

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by winetapper: 10:35am On Apr 11, 2018
onatisi:

Merrypakman

He has said it all.

Despite the good road and electricity

Don't forget 75% of the citizens are poor in Nigerian standard.
They depend on foreigners too for money.

They I mean Immigration,custom,finance,municipal etc

First.you need a Resident permit. They permits you to do business. Unless Immigration will come and carry you.$750 jampa way wink, $310 normal long process

You need a contract with the government per two years. $500

Municipal be like local government. They will measure your shop and calculate price to pay.

They finance. You pay taxs.
You can pay per/3months
Or monthly.

Difference is right to import which is for Monthly payment. 17% of monthly sales.

All this is possible to evade but should have in mind one day for the owner.

If you stay in district (out of city) You can trade fine too to avoid much of tax and contract.

They have a way they link their things together with a number.

Like BVN

so to live legally and enjoy your stay it's best you have legal and proper documentation.

Sorry after this 1million will not be enough.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by onatisi(m): 10:37am On Apr 11, 2018
merrypakman:

I intended investing that amount in any African country, sincerely speaking I am fed up with naija
yes i understand but the truth is money flies fast when you are abroad, even to settle down comfortably in many countries will gulp almost 500k which is over a thousand dollars .
my best advice will be to visit those countries, to be honest i wont advice anyone to visit mozambique for a fact finding mission first due to the high plane fare . but if you can squeeze like 5thousand dollars then try a country that wont cost you much to go and come back , then see what you can do there with ur capital

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by onatisi(m): 10:40am On Apr 11, 2018
and again most of those who trade in mozambique are nigerians who went there from south africa and they also have friends there , they must have visited the place before a number of times and by that they know their way around things ,
winetapper:
Merrypakman

He has said it all.

Despite the good road and electricity

Don't forget 75% of the citizens are poor in Nigerian standard.
They depend on foreigners too for money.

They I mean Immigration,custom,finance,municipal etc

First.you need a Resident permit. They permits you to do business. Unless Immigration will come and carry you.$750 jampa way wink, $310 normal long process

You need a contract with the government per two years. $500

Municipal be like local government. They will measure your shop and calculate price to pay.

They finance. You pay taxs.
You can pay per/3months
Or monthly.

Difference is right to import which is for Monthly payment. 17% of monthly sales.

All this is possible to evade but should have in mind one day for the owner.

If you stay in district (out of city) You can trade fine too to avoid much of tax and contract.

They have a way they link their things together with a number.

Like BVN

so to live legally and enjoy your stay it's best you have legal and proper documentation.

Sorry after this 1million will not be enough.
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by merrypakman: 10:47am On Apr 11, 2018
onatisi:
and again most of those who trade in mozambique are nigerians who went there from south africa and they also have friends there , they must have visited the place before a number of times and by that they know their way around things ,
@onatisi, winetapper, thanks for this vital info. regards

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Iammercy2018: 10:52am On Apr 11, 2018
We finally find people willing to contribute to a thread than those looking for a fault to start argument.

Well done
Onatisi kiss
And
Winetapper kiss

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by onatisi(m): 11:12am On Apr 11, 2018
Iammercy2018:
We finally find people willing to contribute to a thread than those looking for a fault to start argument.

Well done
Onatisi kiss
And
Winetapper kiss
you don start again this morning ?you are calling for trouble and when they bring their trouble you cant stand then you will be shouting up and down that they are disturbing your thread angry angry
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Iammercy2018: 11:25am On Apr 11, 2018
onatisi:
you don start again this morning ?you are calling for trouble and when they bring their trouble you cant stand then you will be shouting up and down that they are disturbing your thread angry angry
the thing is I don't like trouble but when ppl wan start to talk about things they don't know, they deserve to be kept where they belong

They only come to talk what they read on the internet and argue with the person with a first hand experience

You and winetapper shows you have vast knowledge of Moz and made a very important contribution

I never compared Moz to Nigeria I only brought out two keys things (electricity and road) which is better than that we have in Nigeria. Just this they nearly roast me
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by winetapper: 12:08pm On Apr 11, 2018
onatisi:
yes people come from SA. But not most.
It depends on which city you are going.
If you are going to Maputo South Africa is easy.
Nampula you can come through Malawi or Tanzania by road.

Its a Trade dominated by 95% igbos

So there system of Master and servant still works here.
Not most people come from SA. They come from Nigeria.

People use other country as route cos Mozambique will not give you visa on arrival at their airport. Unless you have a legal invitation. Or someone who has cleared way with the immigration to pick you up
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by winetapper: 12:15pm On Apr 11, 2018
onatisi:

yes i understand but the truth is money flies fast when you are abroad, even to settle down comfortably in many countries will gulp almost 500k which is over a thousand dollars .
my best advice will be to visit those countries, to be honest i wont advice anyone to visit mozambique for a fact finding mission first due to the high plane fare . but if you can squeeze like 5thousand dollars then try a country that wont cost you much to go and come back , then see what you can do there with ur capital
Lol
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by cyril83(m): 12:51pm On Apr 11, 2018
Iammercy2018:
the thing is I don't like trouble but when ppl wan start to talk about things they don't know, they deserve to be kept where they belong

They only come to talk what they read on the internet and argue with the person with a first hand experience

You and winetapper shows you have vast knowledge of Moz and made a very important contribution

I never compared Moz to Nigeria I only brought out two keys things (electricity and road) which is better than that we have in Nigeria. Just this they nearly roast me

Lol at read on internet.. My dear, your experience is as tall as el rufai when discussing African and some other countries.

Stop bragging and continue with your holiday. Like i said earlier, you wouldn't be the first and the last to holly abroad and when it comes to abroad treasure hunting, you are defo not the match.

I will keep saying this, Moz is not too good for business or job hunting.

If you want to enjoy your thread, you had better trash the issue of rating Moz ahead Naija... Am at the corner watching u. lol
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Funkybabee(f): 1:21pm On Apr 11, 2018
I would like to visit as a tourist but the flight fare is serious for a student like us if it's near like ghana now it's would have been nice
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Lordkross(m): 1:54pm On Apr 11, 2018
NIGERIAN PEOPLE!!! Na wa!!! This one when we dey live so na life Buhari don turn every Nigerian to orphan, the so called Economy is thriving, but how does it translate to food on the table for the ordinary Nigerian? That Mr. Economy, (aka) EdoMan, make you give yourself brain. Meanwhile, you need to change that name as it's an insult to my friend 'EdoMan' . Cyril, as e be say you na business traveller, please allow others who want to share their experience do so without attacking them. Who you epp sef My dear Mercy, please share as much as you want to, no let these Malapropisms spoil our highlife with the fuji biko!
Una bye

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by cyril83(m): 2:06pm On Apr 11, 2018
@lordkross ..Share your experience without passing wrong information.
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by winetapper: 3:52pm On Apr 11, 2018
cyril83:

Moz is not too good for business or job hunting.
Never Go to moz for Job hunting
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Iammercy2018: 4:18pm On Apr 11, 2018
cyril83:

Lol at read on internet.. My dear, your experience is as tall as el rufai when discussing African and some other countries.

Stop bragging and continue with your holiday. Like i said earlier, you wouldn't be the first and the last to holly abroad and when it comes to abroad treasure hunting, you are defo not the match.

I will keep saying this, Moz is not too good for business or job hunting.

If you want to enjoy your thread, you had better trash the issue of rating Moz ahead Naija... Am at the corner watching u. lol
I really don't know what you guys don't understand about comment, I only gave two aspect where Moz is better than Nigeria, (road and power)

The other question I was asked was
What's it like doing biz in Moz

My answer.
You have more chances of making it here, doing biz such as, restaurant, salon and animal farming, this are my opinion because of what I've seen here and there in Nigeria

Psa: I never said Moz is better than Nigeria and I never rated Moz ahead of Nigeria.

You all should read my comments before comment, don't read from half way then come to spit rubbish here.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by shakol91(m): 4:43pm On Apr 11, 2018
Iammercy2018 hi, pls check your email. I've sent you message
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by cutieme(m): 5:14pm On Apr 11, 2018
Iammercy,i pmed u for the job issue o.
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by shakol91(m): 9:44am On Apr 13, 2018
Op come and update this thread
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by alist(m): 11:11am On Apr 13, 2018
shakol91:
lol abi o...
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:26pm On Apr 13, 2018
cyril83:

Wow ... funny, been to those places before you checked out high school.

My point is, don't be too carried away with those things you see there, we also have them here.

Stop behaving like osofia first visit to London.
Do we have 24hrs electricity?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by killemall: 4:51pm On Apr 13, 2018
shakol91:

Na u pursue am... U think say if Op get that kind 150k job, she go dey roam the street of Africa.

My guy the Op no get any job for u.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by shakol91(m): 12:10am On Apr 14, 2018
killemall:

Na u pursue am... U think say if Op get that kind 150k job, she go dey roam the street of Africa.

Lolz, Abeg no spoil OP's mind o. I no want another fight 4 dis thread over she get job, she no get job for me.
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by onwuzoc: 6:17pm On Apr 16, 2018
I have. Am there currently
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by onwuzoc: 6:19pm On Apr 16, 2018
Moz is not good for job hunting.
From experience. Be warned
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Iammercy2018: 8:48am On Apr 17, 2018
onwuzoc:
Moz is not good for job hunting.
From experience. Be warned
nobody said Moz is good for job hunting sir.
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Iammercy2018: 8:50am On Apr 17, 2018
killemall:

if he gets a job, I'd prefer he keeps it to himself and never post it here so people like you won't come to disturb my TL
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Starboywrites(m): 11:53am On Apr 17, 2018
edoman2016:

You think I am judging with what I read on newspaper? Last time i checked, I told you I am an economist working with an international organization. I have travelled to several African countries for working purposes. So I am talking from reality. I have no problem if you are sharing diary of your vacation in Mozambique with Nigerians. I am good with it. But comparing Mozambique with Nigeria in terms of economic, business and job opportunities, then you have gone too far.

You are talking about foreigners in Mozambique running small businesses like hair salon, restaurant etc in Mozambique. Do you know that Nigeria have over 17 millions of SMEs business? SMEs business such as tailoring, barbing, catering and baking, hair dressing, welding, vulcanizing, mechanics etc are the large source of employment and income for Nigerians. And the number of SMEs business in Nigeria is still growing more.

I won't make comments on this thread again. A word is enough for the wise. Good day.

Nigeria is the 3rd poorest country, so what are you saying?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by edoman2016: 3:24pm On Apr 17, 2018
Starboywrites:

Nigeria is the 3rd poorest country, so what are you saying?
Joke of the century.
Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by Jameson1980: 7:15pm On Apr 17, 2018
I dnt really understand wat is wrong with all dis I know it all Nigerians, pple have tried to enlighten you dat is thread is for educate each other not to abuse or crucify d writer or d message Dan to contribute or if u dnt have anything 2contribute u can ask and if u dnt have anything to ask u keep following d thread, u dnt let pple who want to learn able to learn and u pple Dat claiming u know it all can't even answer a simple question pple have been asking which is(is there any 1 with idea of d documents needed to get d mozambique visa at there point of entry to avoid denying u entry as there embassy is not here in Nigeria?) u busy crucifying d author for no reason u guys better get a life and wake from ur slumber, pls any 1 with answer to d question

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Living In Mozambique by cyril83(m): 5:03pm On Apr 19, 2018
@jameson1980... You may need to show proof of an onward/return ticket and proof of accomodation.
... 30days visa will be issued with 50usd but the visa can also be extended to 60/90days.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

10 Things To Know Before Moving Abroad For Study - Nairalander Reveals. Photos / Living In Ghana, My Experience. / 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria (pics, Video) - Ovoko.com.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.