Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Nigerian Ethical Hackers In Here ---> - Programming (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nigerian Ethical Hackers In Here ---> (19149 Views)

Hackers In Nigeria: Any Hope Of Employment? / Ethical Hackers / Facebook Pays £24k To Hackers In 'bug Bounty' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Ethical Hackers In Here ---> by mininija: 6:49pm On Jun 02, 2010
The idea is cool.

Am even working a new private NijaWebsite for such topics.

I can't call myself an hacker but i prefer being called a programmer.

I'll keep u guys updated/

A love !

WADJA
Re: Nigerian Ethical Hackers In Here ---> by cruworld(m): 12:35pm On Jun 03, 2010
Guys Cruworld is here,

For those that are interested in Hacking, you have to be aN Hacker and the queston is What Type of Hacker do you want to be??

CLASSES OF HACKERS:

Blackhat Hackers
Hackers with malicious intent. These type of hackers use different methods to tap into a network or computer for the soul purpose of destroying or stealing.

Whitehat Hackers
These hackers look for security flaws in a network or computer, for research or testing reasons. The intent of these type of hackers is NOT malicious.

TYPES OF HACKERS[color=#006600][/color]

Script Hackers

A script hacker uses existing, well-known and easy-to-find techniques and scripts to search for and exploit weaknesses in other computers on the Internet.

An example would be a script hacker creating a program (script), or using an existing script, to send a simple search request to a server. This request is not the problem because it's the same request a normal internet user would use to call up a website from a server. The problem occurs when the hacker sends an overwhelming number of requests to the same server (CGI script) in an attempt to crash the server. This particular example is call "denial of service". The server gets overwhelmed and will not allow anymore requests.

Code Hackers

These type of hackers are usually programmers or individuals who have a deep understanding of computer programming. Code hackers create programs that exploit holes in a network or computer. Although all code hackers are not bad, there are others who write code for the single purpose of destroying a computer and/or network. These type of hackers create what can be referred to as "malicious code".
Admin Hackers

Admin or Administrative Hackers are very familiar with networking and are commonly network administrators. These type of hackers use tools to record and collect information such as passwords or user names. These hackers don't have the kind of programming knowledge the coder has. Admin hackers are most commonly an inside attacker because they may have access from the inside of the network.

http://www.thocp.net/reference/hacking/hacking.htm
Re: Nigerian Ethical Hackers In Here ---> by cruworld(m): 12:36pm On Jun 03, 2010
Guys Cruworld is here,

For those that are interested in Hacking, you have to be aN Hacker and the queston is What Type of Hacker do you want to be??

CLASSES OF HACKERS:

Blackhat Hackers
Hackers with malicious intent. These type of hackers use different methods to tap into a network or computer for the soul purpose of destroying or stealing.

Whitehat Hackers
These hackers look for security flaws in a network or computer, for research or testing reasons. The intent of these type of hackers is NOT malicious.

Script Hackers

A script hacker uses existing, well-known and easy-to-find techniques and scripts to search for and exploit weaknesses in other computers on the Internet.

An example would be a script hacker creating a program (script), or using an existing script, to send a simple search request to a server. This request is not the problem because it's the same request a normal internet user would use to call up a website from a server. The problem occurs when the hacker sends an overwhelming number of requests to the same server (CGI script) in an attempt to crash the server. This particular example is call "denial of service". The server gets overwhelmed and will not allow anymore requests.

Code Hackers

These type of hackers are usually programmers or individuals who have a deep understanding of computer programming. Code hackers create programs that exploit holes in a network or computer. Although all code hackers are not bad, there are others who write code for the single purpose of destroying a computer and/or network. These type of hackers create what can be referred to as "malicious code".
Admin Hackers

Admin or Administrative Hackers are very familiar with networking and are commonly network administrators. These type of hackers use tools to record and collect information such as passwords or user names. These hackers don't have the kind of programming knowledge the coder has. Admin hackers are most commonly an inside attacker because they may have access from the inside of the network.

Re: Nigerian Ethical Hackers In Here ---> by cruworld(m): 12:42pm On Jun 03, 2010
Guys Cruworld is here,

CLASSES OF HACKERS:

Blackhat Hackers

Whitehat Hackers

Script Hackers

Code Hackers

Admin Hackers

Re: Nigerian Ethical Hackers In Here ---> by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jun 04, 2010
Guyz 4 those of u i dont have their mail and are sincerely interested should please drop them, so dat i would be able 2 knw how many pple i am updating.
Re: Nigerian Ethical Hackers In Here ---> by Dolapoinus: 6:01am On Jun 05, 2010
It's good to see that we have  so many eager people willing to advance the country of Nigeria. However, all enthusiasm without a plan or even a well defined goal is useless. Now, I feel that the most important security problem of Nigeria is the 419 scam. Not that we fall for it, but it gives us a bad name.

One of my friends and bad backside hacker Daniel Franke came up with a possible solution. It seems feasible and I have in fact done some work implementing it in Python. You can read his proposal here (http://dfranke.us/pfs.html). Imagine such a system, and better yet if it was written by us Nigerians. Please note that he is a westerner so at times his tone is a bit condescending, not to Nigerians in general but to the scammers (lads).

I feel that as a community we can make this something amazing. And to anyone interested in learning more about programming to help the cause I seriously suggest picking up Python. It's open source, simple, and powerful. You can find it at python.org (NOT Python.com) as well as tutorials and documentation.

Let's show them what we can do :]

Two side notes; first of all why does it look like so few people bother to type legibly on here. Is that just the board's culture? How can we expect to be taken seriously if we can't even spell.

I'm also wondering why the 18+ age limit. It seems arbitrary and ill defined. I'm 15 and a reasonably proficient coder. Age has little to do with it. It's more about drive and motivation.
Re: Nigerian Ethical Hackers In Here ---> by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jun 05, 2010
Dolapoinus:

It's good to see that we have  so many eager people willing to advance the country of Nigeria. However, all enthusiasm without a plan or even a well defined goal is useless. Now, I feel that the most important security problem of Nigeria is the 419 scam. Not that we fall for it, but it gives us a bad name.

One of my friends and bad backside hacker Daniel Franke came up with a possible solution. It seems feasible and I have in fact done some work implementing it in Python. You can read his proposal here (http://dfranke.us/pfs.html). Imagine such a system, and better yet if it was written by us Nigerians. Please note that he is a westerner so at times his tone is a bit condescending, not to Nigerians in general but to the scammers (lads).

I feel that as a community we can make this something amazing. And to anyone interested in learning more about programming to help the cause I seriously suggest picking up Python. It's open source, simple, and powerful. You can find it at python.org (NOT Python.com) as well as tutorials and documentation.

Let's show them what we can do :]

Two side notes; first of all why does it look like so few people bother to type legibly on here. Is that just the board's culture? How can we expect to be taken seriously if we can't even spell.

I'm also wondering why the 18+ age limit. It seems arbitrary and ill defined. I'm 15 and a reasonably proficient coder. Age has little to do with it. It's more about drive and motivation.

Yes you are correct age has little to do with it, its just the drive, motivation and matured reasoning. because we should be able to think to outsmart the scammers. As for the python coding majority of us here code with it and even more. I code with python just that JAVA is my official language. "Non Java programmers i hope i have'nt offended you guyz."
Proudly From Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Ethical Hackers In Here ---> by c7(m): 5:30am On Jun 06, 2010
My email : onimisisaidu@gmail.com
Re: Nigerian Ethical Hackers In Here ---> by kenmudia(m): 10:46pm On Jun 07, 2010
hello
Cyber army
am new to programming but i like the initiative.
am a mathematician and a little knowledge on the internet.
Re: Nigerian Ethical Hackers In Here ---> by Jencejyde(m): 11:24am On Jun 08, 2010
Hello people. I support this initiative 100% . I would like to know if 'ethical crackers' are invited as well.
As Mr Cruworld was able to define and talk about 'Hackers' . Conspicuously he never mentioned the Crackers, You know?, the ones that make cracks to overwrite the executable files in software's, people vast in the use of softice, ollydebug and so on. Don't let me bother going into all that, but i would like to know more details and whom to get in touch with. Once again "Proudly Nigerian"and good initiative.
Re: Nigerian Ethical Hackers In Here ---> by c7(m): 6:04pm On Jun 08, 2010
Just watching. . .
Re: Nigerian Ethical Hackers In Here ---> by guru01(m): 7:54pm On Jun 08, 2010
count me in!
Re: Nigerian Ethical Hackers In Here ---> by saints4rea(m): 1:42pm On Jun 09, 2010
@abrahamomobhude@yahoo.com. hello good to know you are part nof the team of NCA.PLS send me a pdf/e-book on python and PHP.Develop3r is really doing a good work.thank you so much, cheesy
Re: Nigerian Ethical Hackers In Here ---> by netghost: 6:21pm On Jun 09, 2010
when are we starting let arrange a meeting and here each other out
cos one the the things  killing nigeria is planning and no execution

(am also in search of a hot female programmer), guys abeg dont crucify me, abegggggggg grin
Re: Nigerian Ethical Hackers In Here ---> by Nobody: 12:26am On Jun 10, 2010
@netghost no one is going to crucify you, u are making sense, i have been working day and night in other to make sure things work out well, and i would'nt want 2 disturb anybody 4 now since i knw u guyz are as busy as i am.
Re: Nigerian Ethical Hackers In Here ---> by netghost: 3:26pm On Jun 11, 2010
no wahala am with you all the way
Re: Nigerian Ethical Hackers In Here ---> by daniellle(f): 3:39pm On Jun 11, 2010
Re: Nigerian Ethical Hackers In Here ---> by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jun 13, 2010
Jencejyde:

Hello people. I support this initiative 100% . I would like to know if 'ethical crackers' are invited as well.
As Mr Cruworld was able to define and talk about 'Hackers' . Conspicuously he never mentioned the Crackers, You know?, the ones that make cracks to overwrite the executable files in software's, people vast in the use of softice, ollydebug and so on. Don't let me bother going into all that, but i would like to know more details and whom to get in touch with. Once again "Proudly Nigerian"and good initiative.

I understand were u are coming from, no prblm what we just need from you is your genuine interest in moving this country forward with your skillz, but pls next time try to use some other name to identify ur self not "Ethical Cracker" because u will confuse a whole lot of pple in here.
Re: Nigerian Ethical Hackers In Here ---> by netghost: 2:34pm On Jun 14, 2010
let give people the opportunity to rate themselve were they belong \

, hacker
, cracker
, script kiddie
, social engineer
, phreaker
, programmer
, system analyst
, network engineer

for me Programmer/hacker/social engineer/system analyst /cracker

i can be any of them
Re: Nigerian Ethical Hackers In Here ---> by Jencejyde(m): 3:33pm On Jun 14, 2010
Develop3r:

I understand were u are coming from, no prblm what we just need from you is your genuine interest in moving this country forward with your skillz, but pls next time try to use some other name to identify your self not "Ethical Cracker" because u will confuse a whole lot of people in here.
The interest: 'Yes', Genuine; 'Yes', Moving Nigeria forward; "Absolutely YES". But i don't believe you know where i'm coming from. I saw the title of the thread referring to ethical Hackers, and simply asked if ETHICAL CRACKERS are invited as well. You should know better that Hackers are Different from crackers. And since Both are involved in breaking , cracking or hacking systems, codes, softwares, networks and so on, there has to be an avenue for the trade to be used constructively, and educationally.Right? So, my name is not "ethical cracker"as you suggested. i learn't reverse engineering and i have been cracking software's and even hacking networks long enough to know the differences. Linux programmers will tell you windows 'SUCKS' and i am one of those who believe its registers are the easiest to manipulate, even though I program in both platforms. this is not about blowing horns or trumpets but about understanding the message. I still remain loyal to the cause
Re: Nigerian Ethical Hackers In Here ---> by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jun 14, 2010
@jencejyde, sorry if i misunderstood you, i still believe windows "Sucks too", though i do use Linux BackTrack4 for my Pen-Testing but i code in both platforms.
Re: Nigerian Ethical Hackers In Here ---> by BlackRevo: 9:55am On Jun 17, 2010
Re: Nigerian Ethical Hackers In Here ---> by ask4ralph(m): 11:39am On Jun 17, 2010
i am in, but i know nothing about hacking. one luv 9ja
Re: Nigerian Ethical Hackers In Here ---> by Zule(m): 1:48am On Jun 18, 2010
am in zule_jojo@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Nigerian Ethical Hackers In Here ---> by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 18, 2010
ask4ralph:

i am in, but i know nothing about hacking. one luv 9ja

bro, you don't have to be hacker to be part of the team, your common sense is enough for now, we will be needing technological skillz for the Pro scammers. but that should'nt be a problem to you for now because we have a lot of skilled guys in here now,
Proudly Nigerian.
Re: Nigerian Ethical Hackers In Here ---> by lasgidi4rv: 11:31am On Jun 20, 2010
Hello fellow nairalanders. I am pleased with the initiative started by the original poster. I am sorry I am not able to contribute since I am not that tech savvy.
I do have a question and I hope the gurus in the house would be able to assist. I plan on starting an internet cafe but would like to install a software that would hinder the "Yahoo Yahoo" Boys. Is there such a software I can run that would also prevent vulnerabilities ?
Thanks in advance.
Re: Nigerian Ethical Hackers In Here ---> by binaflexia: 7:31pm On Jun 21, 2010
lasgidi4rv:

Hello fellow nairalanders. I am pleased with the initiative started by the original poster. I am sorry I am not able to contribute since I am not that tech savvy.
I do have a question and I hope the gurus in the house would be able to assist. I plan on starting an internet cafe but would like to install a software that would hinder the "Yahoo Yahoo" Boys. Is there such a software I can run that would also prevent vulnerabilities ?
Thanks in advance.

I have been working in a cyber cafe for more than 4yrs as computer technician and a network administrator, so over the years, i have learnt a lot about the so called "yahoo yahoo guys". It is not an easy task to keep them at bay.

If you are setting up a cyber cafe, it is advisable for you to get an internet server, which is preferable; a linux server, Through this you can block any site from your cafe.

So, how will you know about the site they normally use for their fraudulent activities?.
In most cases you have to do a manual checking or better still install a VNC software that can display the desktop of all the computers using your network (use this with care, cos it is risky).

There is a cyber timer, called "Gocybetix" that has that VNC software feature pre-nstalled, so u don't need to install the VNC client software on the workstation, instead, you can view their desktop from your server timer computer.

, I will have to continue tomorrow.

Sorry, i forget to mention that, this is a great idea and I pray that God will empower you to be able to make it a reality.
Re: Nigerian Ethical Hackers In Here ---> by ceceko86(m): 7:46pm On Jun 21, 2010
watchin
Re: Nigerian Ethical Hackers In Here ---> by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 23, 2010
Guyz get prepared!!!

The secret getting ahead is just getting started.
Proud to be a Nigerian
Re: Nigerian Ethical Hackers In Here ---> by lasgidi4rv: 6:54am On Jun 24, 2010
@Binaflexia: Thanks so much for the useful tidbit. I appreciate it. Any other useful tips?
Re: Nigerian Ethical Hackers In Here ---> by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 26, 2010
Guyz please be patient with me am uploading some scripts online. God bless you all that want to make positive impact in our Great Nation Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Ethical Hackers In Here ---> by christson: 4:49pm On Jun 27, 2010
Here is my email- femielecttech@yahoo.co.uk. Count me in.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Programming Challenge For Beginners N20000 / Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? / Interested In Teaching Yourself Programming? file on link

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.