Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Nigerian Man Blasts Christians After Watching Blank Panther Movie In UK. Photos - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Man Blasts Christians After Watching Blank Panther Movie In UK. Photos (4145 Views)

Elijah’s Warning To Christians After He Was Taken To Heaven / If God Gave You Same Blank Cheque As King Solomon, What Would You Fill? / Pastor Adeboye Opens RCCG New Central Office In Uk(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Blasts Christians After Watching Blank Panther Movie In UK. Photos by shaybebaby(f): 12:06pm On Feb 26, 2018
Emmanystone:

I don't know really. Its been two years, my TV hasn't come on. I was about giving it out last week, but remembered my niece will be coming over after NYSC.

I just lost the patience to watch Movies. The only movies i have watched lately is Game of Thrones and Grey's Anatomy and i download them on my phone.

Again, before now, I didnt like black American Films that much, except for very few of them. I watch them for want of something to be preoccupied by if i'm bored. They hardly have any message to impact me with.

When 'The'Empire' was out, it was in everyone's lips, i determined not to see it, i haven't. I haven't even seen a review of it.

I hear some homosexuals are in it grin grin, i can't stand those people.

Black movies give our perspective - good and bad. They show the world from our perspective, our struggles, our triumphs, our place in the modern society, our flaws.
As an oppressed group, a group that has had their identity dismembered and denigrated, I find it rather sad to read your comment.

Black actors are artists in their own right giving a voice and fighting for our rightful space in the global platform of the arts. They represent You, me and every black person out there. It is disloyal and shows a lack of appreciation for yourself.
Re: Nigerian Man Blasts Christians After Watching Blank Panther Movie In UK. Photos by Horus(m): 12:07pm On Feb 26, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NVn1hnzOGs

Stolen Benin Bronzes & British Museum

The British stole many ancient African artefacts and then stated that the Africans had no history. The Benin Bronzes were stolen from Benin in West Africa and sold on all over the world. The British museum has benefited from this theft and actually makes money from the stolen goods. This trailer for a new film explains the background. The British museum itself was founded on profits from the slave trade

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Blasts Christians After Watching Blank Panther Movie In UK. Photos by shaybebaby(f): 12:08pm On Feb 26, 2018
Later now they'll be deafening our ears with white Jesus, brown mohamed, people who represented their cultures. angry

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Blasts Christians After Watching Blank Panther Movie In UK. Photos by mmsen: 12:09pm On Feb 26, 2018
shaybebaby:

Black movies give our perspective - good and bad. They show the world from our perspective, our struggles, our triumphs, our place in the modern society, our flaws.
As an oppressed group, a group that has had their identity dismembered and denigrated, I find it rather sad to read your comment.

Black actors are artists in their own right giving a voice and fighting for our rightful space in the global platform of the arts. They represent You, me and every black person out there. It is disloyal and shows a lack of appreciation for yourself.

You are wasting your time talking to a self-hating c00n.

Let him continue to hate himself.

The only thing you can do is avoid him.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Blasts Christians After Watching Blank Panther Movie In UK. Photos by hopefulLandlord: 12:13pm On Feb 26, 2018
quoted the wrong post. haha
Re: Nigerian Man Blasts Christians After Watching Blank Panther Movie In UK. Photos by shaybebaby(f): 12:18pm On Feb 26, 2018
kevoh:

Chei, see Benin artefacts in second pics! cry cry
My sentiments when I saw them.
I was proud to behold pieces of my country, of what we were and still capable of. The craftsmanship was breathtaking, it spoke of history.

Then I was saddened by its current home, that we weren't the custodians of our history and that I had to see it in a foreign land.

Then I was angered by our lackadaisical attitude to what belongs to us, how we have allowed others to own what is good about us and control the narrative of our capabilities often depicting us in less than favourable lights.

Lastly, the fact that as group of people, our actions often reinforce the negative stereotypes outsiders have of us. And the fact that we are our own greatest enemies in our disunity and willingness to denounce our history whilst taken on the identity of aliens (their religion).

The thing is whilst we were creating those art works depicting our culture and belief, the white man was creating theirs depicting their faith at the time (Christianity)

Whilst they have largely moved on from that religion, they preserved their artifacts and as such preserved that part of their history without shittìng all over it. The recognised it's importance in their story even if it no longer a driving force in their modern society.

We, however did not such thing. We threw out the proverbial baby with the bath water.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Blasts Christians After Watching Blank Panther Movie In UK. Photos by shaybebaby(f): 12:22pm On Feb 26, 2018
mmsen:

You are wasting your time talking to a self-hating c00n.

Let him continue to hate himself.

The only thing you can do is avoid him.
Aah but that only leaves us with another one lost without a sense of who he is. He is a victim of the propanda against black people.

I cannot hold it against him, hopefully I can show him that loving himself is not synonymous to hating other cultures. Simply to appreciate that we also have just as much to give and deserve to control our own narrative.

But we can't do that if people like him won't even give his kind an audience. If he isn't listening, how can others think we are worth listening to?
Re: Nigerian Man Blasts Christians After Watching Blank Panther Movie In UK. Photos by mmsen: 12:28pm On Feb 26, 2018
shaybebaby:

Aah but that only leaves us with another one lost without a sense of who he is. He is a victim of the propanda against black people.

I cannot hold it against him, hopefully I can show him that loving himself is not synonymous to hating other cultures. Simply to appreciate that we also have just as much to give and deserve to control our own narrative.

But we can't do that if people like him won't even give his kind an audience. If he isn't listening, how can others think we are worth listening to?

People like him don't care about information, they look to confirm their hatred.

He could justify his misinformation in a previous era where access to information was scant. We don't live in such times anymore.

Let him stew in his bowl of stupidity.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Blasts Christians After Watching Blank Panther Movie In UK. Photos by Horus(m): 12:31pm On Feb 26, 2018
www.nairaland.com/attachments/6721520_zulu_jpegf47e32bc8b013f7edc3c618bec24fb37

Zulu headdress

Queen Ramonda played by Angela Basset in the movie, black panther, wears the Zulu headdress. It's reminiscent of the reed Zulu flared hats or "Isicholos." in South Africa.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6721549_massai_jpegfeb9ad65d4c35dc7e6c00ab5d19d08e3

Massai costumes

The Massai community was represented in the black panther movie. Many of the costumes have unique and futuristic ornamentation and details. The Maasai people of East Africa live in southern Kenya and northern Tanzania.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6721382_mursi_jpege4c3db7802ed7a58d20c685dbcf9de2a

Mursi and Surma Lip Plates

Lip plates or disks are a form of ceremonial body modification that was used in the movie, black panther. They're best known by the Surma and Mursi tribes in Ethiopia.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Blasts Christians After Watching Blank Panther Movie In UK. Photos by Emmanystone: 1:30pm On Feb 26, 2018
shaybebaby:

Wow. But i must stand for what you stand for nah.
And, they don't represent me, no, they don't.

If they do i will know. I don't judge issues with this kind of warped perspective. It's one thing for someone to push you down, infact, you can't help falling, but the next thing you'd do depends solely on you. These people refuse to get up out of where they fell.

They are lazy, sex crazy, drugs, guns. They are more racists than the whites. They don't act right, waiting for someone to say something, they begin shouting because i'm black.

They hate hardwork and education.

Biko, rise up and dust off. For how long shd they remain down crying?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Blasts Christians After Watching Blank Panther Movie In UK. Photos by Emmanystone: 1:31pm On Feb 26, 2018
mmsen:

You don't like seeing your reflection on TV?
cheesy cheesy. No.

Hi, long time.
Re: Nigerian Man Blasts Christians After Watching Blank Panther Movie In UK. Photos by Humanistme: 2:48pm On Feb 26, 2018
Emmanystone:

Wow. But i must stand for what you stand for nah.
And, they don't represent me, no, they don't.

If they do i will know. I don't judge issues with this kind of warped perspective. It's one thing for someone to push you down, infact, you can't help falling, but the next thing you'd do depends solely on you. These people refuse to get up out of where they fell.

They are lazy, sex crazy, drugs, guns. They are more racists than the whites. They don't act right, waiting for someone to say something, they begin shouting because i'm black.

They hate hardwork and education.

Biko, rise up and dust off. For how long shd they remain down crying?

stereotypes! stereotypes!

more racist than the whites really?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Blasts Christians After Watching Blank Panther Movie In UK. Photos by Emmanystone: 7:43pm On Feb 26, 2018
Humanistme:

stereotypes! stereotypes!

more racist than the whites really?
Remember am black?
Re: Nigerian Man Blasts Christians After Watching Blank Panther Movie In UK. Photos by flington4550(m): 9:37pm On Feb 26, 2018
stGabrielo:
I'm I the only one who hasn't watch this movie
Better run and go and watch
Over make sense dey worry the movie
Re: Nigerian Man Blasts Christians After Watching Blank Panther Movie In UK. Photos by Humanistme: 10:26pm On Feb 26, 2018
Emmanystone:

Remember am black?

yeah, but your are not black American

remember the danger of a single story.
Re: Nigerian Man Blasts Christians After Watching Blank Panther Movie In UK. Photos by Emmanystone: 9:21am On Feb 27, 2018
Humanistme:

yeah, but your are not black American

Remember the danger of a single story.
My point is, evil was committed against them, but for how long will they remain down? You can't help being stoned down, now that you have fallen, will you remain on the floor blaming your attacker forever? They shd remember that whitemen died trying to librate them too.

They shd get up, go to school, learn to work and leave drugs alone. No whiteman is pushing them into stealing, and doing drugs. Their girls just mess and have children like rats.

Some stupid and empty Nigerians are copying their stupidity of drugs and baby mamas, shey you see it entering our society and corrosing it? What is in them to copy from?

They are very jealous of you from Africa who against all odds go there and succeed. You stuggle to have a home, a job, residence permit. you suffer stigmatization because of the scourge of corruption back here. A whole lot is against you, but, you do far better than them who are born into the society. They have everything free, but throw it away crying about slave trade which has been abolished forever.

Will education discriminate agaisntt them? Those who went to school, aren't they doing well?
Take Ben Carson for instance, is he not black, did he come from a welathy home? No. How did he make it to where he is today? Determination.

Pls stop justifying laziness. Black Americans are lazy hoping the world will be turn over to them if they keep shouting racism. They are the most racists.

See, i did a Thesis on Immigration, focussing on African Immigrants to Western World and how they fair thereI had to read and i discovered a lot. Biko.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastors In Funny Memes / Since Jesus Had No Seed, No Man Inherited His Righteousness / I Caught My Pastor Having Sex With A Female Corper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.