Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Martins Vs Rooney, Who Is The Best??? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Martins Vs Rooney, Who Is The Best??? (7142 Views)

Drogba Vs Rooney: Who Is Better? / Messi Vs Rooney: Who Is Better For 2009/10 Season? / Drogba Vs Rooney: Whose Absence Will Have More Influence On The Team? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Martins Vs Rooney, Who Is The Best??? by adogho(m): 12:58am On Dec 28, 2005
Dear soccer fans,
This is one question that has always keep me thinking for several hours that is why i am presenting it to you people to help me out.

Martins has been the pillar of nigeria's attack since making his debut in the just concluded world/nations cup qualifiers, scoring in all-most all the games he has feature for the super eagles. with so many talented players in the nigeria team martins is garantee a first team shirt.
With club like inter milan which u will all agree with me as one of the best in th world, obafemi martins is still a regular player in the inter team and making so many brilliant contribution day in and day out and not forgeting he is current young Africa footballer of the year winnig it back to back in 2003 and 2004 and hoping to re-claim it for the third time.

No one can dought the power,skills,talent and goal scoring hero like Rooney. making a record of the highest signing in the 2003/2004 ( from everton to man utd), world young player of the year (2004) and one of the most feared attacker in the premiership. with a club like man utd he still holds the first team shirt playing 90minutes in all most all the premiership and champions league. score one of the most beatiful goal of the 2004/2005 season. forcing alam smith into playing 4 instead of attavt which we all know him to play and with a country like England which is so bless with talented players he will lead the english team attack with world kick off in germany. so pleace help out for you can see with ur eyes why it is so confussing.
nelly adogho
Re: Martins Vs Rooney, Who Is The Best??? by Akolawole(m): 2:23am On Dec 28, 2005
Lets be realistic, Rooney is the better, though he has attitude problem at times.

Re: Martins Vs Rooney, Who Is The Best??? by Chxta(m): 11:50am On Dec 28, 2005
Hard to swallow, especially since I really dislike that geezer...

But Rooney takes the cake.
Re: Martins Vs Rooney, Who Is The Best??? by vichel(m): 9:37pm On Dec 28, 2005
sorry i will have to go with martins. I have watched both players play, and although rooney is dangerous, martins is extraordinary, he makes the italian defenders known for their ruggedity tremble
Re: Martins Vs Rooney, Who Is The Best??? by Taf1(m): 4:52pm On Dec 29, 2005
[size=16pt]Rooney!!! And ue even dare compare ha ha ha grin[/size]

Re: Martins Vs Rooney, Who Is The Best??? by pie1ect(m): 3:27pm On Dec 30, 2005
Haha, I can never comprehend why people think Rooney is a great footballer/striker.
If Martins was in the EPL, nobody will hear of Rooney, it's as simple as that. The same AC Milan that martins has scored several times against, even in the champion's league, Rooney could not do anything useful against ainst them last season. Martins consistently scores in the ITALIAN league, which is known for their rugged defending. This season, where has Rooney been while his team have been floundering about in Europe?
As a striker, Rooney's record is not as good as Martins'. Check the stats for last season and even the one before that(if you wish).
The buzz around Rooney is simply HYPE(thanks to the monster manifested as the English media) and for me, it's really SICKENING.
If Rooney was at Inter, trust me,that guy for dey warm bench steadily. Martins was consistently benching Recoba, cruz, even Vieri. These are guys are quality players on their day. Who did Rooney displace at Man Utd? He practically walked into a team that had a gaping hole in that position, he never had to fight for a place, unlike Martins.
Bottom-line-->Martins is so much more better than Rooney.
Re: Martins Vs Rooney, Who Is The Best??? by LoverBwoy(m): 2:47am On Dec 31, 2005
COME ON PEOPLE LETS STOP BEING PARTIAL!!

THE GOOD THING ABOUT EUROPEAN FOOTBALL IS STATISTICS!! ...IS CLEAR NO DENYIN IT.. IT HAD PATTERNS

ROONEY IS BETTER!! HE CAN PLAY AMONGST ANY TEAM EASILY..WATCH MARTINS PLAYIN FOR NIGERIA HE SCORES GOALS BUT FOR MOST PART HE'S NOT CREATING OR GETTIN INTO POSITIONS!!

I'M NOT A MAN U FAN BUT

ZE BHOY IS GOOD!! SIMPLE

AND AS FOR THE ATTITUDE IT COMES WITH SPORTS MATE!! footbal is not a gentlemans game wink
Re: Martins Vs Rooney, Who Is The Best??? by Christino(m): 5:44pm On Dec 01, 2006
@pie1ect,

grin Glad to see that Martins is now in the EPL, let's compare their strike rates at the end of two seasons assuming he's just settling in this season.

I don't blame Martins cos even Shevy, a Serie A import is struggling in Star-Studded Chelsea.

But comparing Martins with Rooney requires extreme Patriotic Sentiments wink

Are you with me? grin
Re: Martins Vs Rooney, Who Is The Best??? by kitaun(m): 6:54pm On Dec 01, 2006
Rooney is beta by miles!
Re: Martins Vs Rooney, Who Is The Best??? by CrazyMan(m): 7:58pm On Dec 01, 2006
kitaun:

Rooney is beta by miles!
Thank God a gunner for once was on our side cool
Re: Martins Vs Rooney, Who Is The Best??? by marlet01(m): 8:18pm On Dec 01, 2006
@ crazykid
is not all about sides, it's the truth.
Re: Martins Vs Rooney, Who Is The Best??? by CrazyMan(m): 8:38pm On Dec 01, 2006
Good to hear that cool
Re: Martins Vs Rooney, Who Is The Best??? by tosinadeda: 8:45pm On Dec 01, 2006
2 overated average players
Re: Martins Vs Rooney, Who Is The Best??? by CrazyMan(m): 8:47pm On Dec 01, 2006
Martins is an average player

but rooney isn't
Re: Martins Vs Rooney, Who Is The Best??? by tosinadeda: 8:50pm On Dec 01, 2006
The only non average player in the english team is gerrard
Re: Martins Vs Rooney, Who Is The Best??? by CrazyMan(m): 8:58pm On Dec 01, 2006
*Yawns*
Re: Martins Vs Rooney, Who Is The Best??? by Christino(m): 10:12pm On Dec 01, 2006
tosinadeda:

The only non average player in the english team is gerrard

Are you sure?
Re: Martins Vs Rooney, Who Is The Best??? by tosinadeda: 6:02am On Dec 02, 2006
Thats wut i feel
Re: Martins Vs Rooney, Who Is The Best??? by Christino(m): 7:15am On Dec 02, 2006
You mean Terry, Lampard and Rooney are just there?
Re: Martins Vs Rooney, Who Is The Best??? by amoke115: 1:06pm On Dec 02, 2006
Terry and Rooney are still a grade lower to Ashley and Gerrard while Lamps is lower by 2
Re: Martins Vs Rooney, Who Is The Best??? by Christino(m): 6:59pm On Dec 02, 2006
amoke115:

Terry and Rooney are still a grade lower to Ashley and Gerrard while Lamps is lower by 2

Ah, okay o, no argument then, carry on with your belief.
Re: Martins Vs Rooney, Who Is The Best??? by Jackal(m): 7:20pm On Dec 02, 2006
Its so obvious Amoke is on shroomz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Terry n Rooney behind Ashley Cole?
Try R. Kelly behind 2face.
Re: Martins Vs Rooney, Who Is The Best??? by amoke115: 7:38pm On Dec 02, 2006
What makes them better or equals if i may ask before you start abusing me?
Re: Martins Vs Rooney, Who Is The Best??? by mukina2: 7:51pm On Dec 02, 2006
rooney though he's a gorilla . . grin grin
i give it to the bazza oops wazza cheesy
Re: Martins Vs Rooney, Who Is The Best??? by Radiant(f): 4:00pm On Dec 04, 2006
Jackal:

Its so obvious Amoke is on shroomz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Terry n Rooney behind Ashley Cole?
Try R. Kelly behind 2face.

lmao

@topic, Martins is good but how can you compare him with Rooney? You kidding, right? grin grin grin
Re: Martins Vs Rooney, Who Is The Best??? by CrazyMan(m): 1:14pm On Dec 05, 2006
Rooney shall remain my point man wink
Re: Martins Vs Rooney, Who Is The Best??? by dayokanu(m): 9:18am On Dec 06, 2006
So much for the patriotic Nigerians that would hype players to the heaven
Rooney vs Martins dont make me throw up. Just like the other thread Ronaldinho vs Okocha, Henry vs Kanu, I am expecting Nistelrooy vs Makinwa, Baruwa vs Buffon, Enakharire vs Canavaro etc

sum Martins Goals in EPL for 2 seasons and compare it with Rooney's goal Half season

Martins should compete for one one the worst strikers in EPL
Re: Martins Vs Rooney, Who Is The Best??? by kitaun(m): 10:08am On Dec 06, 2006
U can say that a million times! My fear is our media is now guilty of hyping our players and as such they are letting it get into their heads!
Re: Martins Vs Rooney, Who Is The Best??? by sil(m): 10:12am On Dec 06, 2006
Oh yeah, that plan truth.
Re: Martins Vs Rooney, Who Is The Best??? by kitaun(m): 10:26am On Dec 06, 2006
Imagine Mikel being followed to training ground by his jobless friends or Obagol coming to Lagos few days to the Arsenal match and openly flaunting his identity after being accosted disrespecting traffic rules at Lekki?! These things nauseate me!
Re: Martins Vs Rooney, Who Is The Best??? by dayokanu(m): 1:46pm On Dec 06, 2006
Indiscipline is the trademark of the average Nigerian player. and later we would be screaming that CAF is unfair when it comes to awards I personally beleive that we get what we deserve
Some days to Nigeria Cameroun final in 2000 Camerounian were seen training on sandy pitches and some Nigerian players notably Celestine were seen frolicking with chics all over Lagos we would now blame CAF for not winning or for losing the world cup ticket to Angola (spits in disgust)
Re: Martins Vs Rooney, Who Is The Best??? by amodu(m): 2:02pm On Dec 06, 2006
Rooney is better than Obagol.

(1) (2) (Reply)

John Terry Appointed Player-manager For England For Euro' 12 / Arsenal Fc 2009/2010 Home And Away Kits / I Hate Watching Barcelona Play.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.