Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,441 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

9 Common Questions Women Ask About Pregnancy And The Answers - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 9 Common Questions Women Ask About Pregnancy And The Answers (640 Views)

9 Common Dental Questions You May Have When You Are Pregnant / Pregnancy And Alcohol consumption / My Challenges With Rhesus Factor In Pregnancy And How I Overcame It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

9 Common Questions Women Ask About Pregnancy And The Answers by ezejessica(f): 11:19pm On Feb 26, 2018
Some questions ladies ask about pregnancy and the answers

Can I get pregnant from first time sex?

You definitely can get pregnant the first time ...... and any other time that you have unprotected sex. In fact you are more likely to get pregnant the first time even if you use a condom because you are less experienced and more likely to get it wrong.

Can I get pregnant from having sex during my period?

Many people think that you can't fall pregnant if you have sex during your period. This is in fact false and it is possible to fall pregnant during your period if you are not using contraception properly.

Can I get pregnant from pre-cum?

Pre-cum or pre-ejaculatory fluid to call it by it's correct name is a clear fluid that appears on the tip of the penis when a man has an erection and is sufficiently sexually excited. It is a common misconception that this fluid is semen that has leaked out before the main ejaculation. This is incorrect because this fluid is produced by something called the Cowper gland and it's purpose is to flush out the penis before ejaculation.

So can you get pregnant from pre-ejaculatory fluid (pre-cum)? Well...... as this fluid does not contain sperm it can't by itself cause a pregnancy. However as the purpose of this fluid is to flush out the penis it will bring any sperm left in the penis from the last ejaculation to the tip of the penis. If this happens that small amount of sperm could cause a pregnancy.

If the man has urinated since his last ejaculation the urine would have flushed out and killed any left over sperm in the penis which means in this case a pregnancy wouldn't happen.

The Safest thing is to assume that an erect penis is always capable of causing a pregnancy even before an ejaculation so cover it with a condom before it comes in contact with the vagina.

Can I get pregnant from MouthAction?

MouthAction is the stimulation of a partner's genitals using the mouth. This cannot cause a pregnancy even if the man puts his penis in the woman's mouth and ejaculates.

MouthAction can however cause a sexually transmitted infection to be passed from one person to another.

Can I get pregnant from anal sex?

Inserting a penis in a woman's anus and ejaculating cannot by itself cause a pregnancy. However as the anal opening is very close to the vagina it is possible for sperm from the anus to get into the vagina and cause a pregnancy.

Anal sex can however cause a sexually transmitted infection to be passed from one person to another.

Can I get pregnant from "Dry sex"?

Dry sex is simulating sex by two people rubbing their bodies together without the penis actually penetrating the vagina. If the two people keep their clothes on whilst doing this it is unlikely that it would result in a pregnancy as the sperm would have to get through both sets of clothes and then get inside the vagina - It is possible for this to cause a pregnancy but the chance of it happening is very low.

If the two people didn't have any clothes on the risk of pregnancy would rise slightly but it still very unlikely.

If you have dry sex and a damp patch appears on the clothing either from a full ejaculation or pre-cum it is possible to pass on a sexually transmitted infection if the dampness comes in contact with the woman's vagina.

Can I get pregnant from sperm on his fingers?

Yes....... If a guy touches his penis and gets sperm on his fingers then touches your vagina it can cause a pregnancy. As sperm are microscopic you won't necessarily be able to see a small amount so if there is any chance that he could have touched himself he will need to wash his hands with warm, soapy water before touching your vagina.

Can you get pregnant from a condom splitting?

Most definitely! If a condom splits whilst the penis is inside the vagina the woman should take emergency contraception within 72 hours. As pre-ejaculatory fluid (pre-cum) can contain sperm it is advisable to take emergency contraception whether the man has ejaculated or not.

Can you get pregnant from using a condom more than once?

Yes...... once a condom has been used there is a risk of sperm getting on the outside so you should only ever use a condom once. Also the condom could be weakened after use so it should be disposed of.

Source : http://www.suremedicaltips.com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

3 Options For Replacing A Lost Tooth / 11 Ways To Get Rid Of Yellow Colouration In Your Teeth / Trying To Conceive A Child?... [this Fibroid Story Is A Must Read]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.