Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,948 members, 7,810,626 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

Whats The Deal With Libya? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Whats The Deal With Libya? (2082 Views)

172 Nigerians Deported From Libya / Charles, A Christian From Nigeria Beaten, Abducted By Armed Gangs In Libya / Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats The Deal With Libya? by debra: 3:32pm On Apr 26, 2010
My elder brother was sent to Europe to study over 15 years ago, once his visa expired he moved to Libya against the wish of my parents. Since moving to Libya he barely calls or writes to us. He says he has no email there and phone calls are expensive. My parents and us siblings have sent money to him on several occasions because he claims he is ready to return home. But reasons always come up why he couldn't make it. We are not crazy wealth but my family is comfortable in Nigeria. My father passed a few years back and we all hoped that will make him decide to come back home, at least to claim his inheritance as the first child and son. He said he needed money for the trip, we all sent over $5000. He never showed up. We were hurt and disappointed to say the least. Now my question is does anyone know how life in Libya is for Nigerians. My brother claims there is no Nigerian embassy in Libya for him to renew his passport, is that true. I need your advice and help. Thanks.
Re: Whats The Deal With Libya? by frankkky: 5:47pm On Apr 29, 2010
though i dont live in libya but i know things are not easy over there and about the nigeria embassy YOUR BROTHER IS LYING NIGERIA HAS AN EMBASSY THERE
Re: Whats The Deal With Libya? by dinggle: 10:21pm On Apr 29, 2010
Libya can be likened unto europe especially if your bro is in Tripolli or Bengazi. Life is expensive there and your bro is probably hooked mentally, believing its better for him to be there than go back home. There is a Nigerian embassy in tripoli and it has been there for ages. He doesn't even need a passport to come back, an emergency travellers certificate from Nigerian embassy in Libya will bring him back home. They also have what is called harmonized ecowas travel certificate, which means he can go to Ghana embassy or embassy of Niger to pick up a traveller certificate if he is down south e.g Sabah.
Libyans are quick to import new technology even if they don't have the brain to develop it. His saying that there isn't email is as big as the lie he said about the Nigerian embassy. Below is the website to the Nigerian embassy in Libya: http://www.nigeriantripoli.org/inpages/etc.htm

I best guess is that Libya gives your bro a sense of living in europe and he's probably spending all those money try to go back to europe. You guys should stop sending him money, easy money won't make him make a quick decision about returning home.

Its your call Goodluck.
Re: Whats The Deal With Libya? by debra: 3:53pm On May 03, 2010
Thanks all for the reply. I'll leave it in God's hands.

(1) (Reply)

Damn!spain Is The Most Beautfull Country In Europe / Nigeria Visa On Arrival / The Reality Of Returning Home- As As How?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.