Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,148 members, 7,815,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 (46113 Views)

Meet The Man Who Has Stepped Foot To Every Country On Earth Without Plane / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe / "Travel On Foot To Mecca" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jan 12, 2009
Across the Sahara to Europe on foot -a true life experience -is an undaunting story of a courage of a young man who barely out of school embarked on a journey from the southwest of Nigeria to Europe on land passing through the valley of shadow of death a represented by the long trek through the Sahara desert, the climbing of hills and mountain including the intimidating Hoggar (Ahagar) Mountain range and sailing across the Mediterranean sea to Lampadesua on an overloaded boat purposed to capsize.A boat which he, Whose only claim to having sailed a boat was the paper boats he and his siblings,and friends had sailed in bath-tubs as children: was the crew member manning the compass. Bandiejay is the Pseudonym of this modern day young adventurer,Seun Jaiyeola who in this piece demonstrates another of his God-given talents-story telling- besides song writing and singing

Thank you all for your support. Watch out for the 2D App version game.

http://www.amazon.com/Across-sahara-foot-Europe-Libya/dp/1478329203/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1427986490&sr=1-1

Please fllw and i will fllw back ... wink

Twitter : Bandiejay

IG : Bandiejay

12 Likes

Re: Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 by tope2000(f): 10:41pm On Jan 12, 2009
And how many yrs will it take to get to europe with this list undecided

7 Likes

Re: Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jan 12, 2009
tope2000:

And how many years will it take to get to europe with this list undecided

grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 by Treetop20(m): 11:44pm On Jan 12, 2009
lol cheesy cheesy
Re: Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 by tope2000(f): 11:46pm On Jan 12, 2009
U guys are laffing, I'm being serious o
Cux I'm sure some mumus here would want to try it out cheesy
im sure the poster is a 419er lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 by amebono14: 11:46pm On Jan 12, 2009
i know life is a risk but jeeeezzz abroad no be by force

1 Like

Re: Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 by Treetop20(m): 11:47pm On Jan 12, 2009
bigmodo is sure going to
give it a whirl
cheesy cheesy
Re: Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 by tope2000(f): 11:51pm On Jan 12, 2009
Treetop20:

bigmodo is sure going to
give it a whirl
cheesy cheesy

ROFLMAO . . . cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 by amebono14: 11:53pm On Jan 12, 2009
Treetop20:

bigmodo is sure going to
give it a whirl
cheesy cheesy

ahh stay diaaa he will do it,infact im sure bigmodo is already in libya looking for a connection to tripoli grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jan 12, 2009
all these when you can simply hop on a plane (first class if your father has money) and enjoy 8-16 hrs of uninterrupted sleep with sexy ladies serving you good food and drinks?  grin

Plus free movies and free space exploration . . . Mali is a desert, i never knew that.

1 Like

Re: Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 by Treetop20(m): 11:58pm On Jan 12, 2009
how many folks can afford
an air ticket?
flying first class international travel
is very nice
Re: Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 by amebono14: 12:08am On Jan 13, 2009
treetop u r here talking bout first class,u berra go look for a bag of purewater and send it via fedex to big modo in libya grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 by Treetop20(m): 12:16am On Jan 13, 2009
lol cheesy cheesy
i am sure he will be just fine
Re: Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 by Okijajuju1(m): 12:17am On Jan 13, 2009
@ BandieJay

Oboy Yawa don gas for my head o!!  cry
Infact as I dey type now, I dey one cyber cafe for Agadez (Niger Republic). I don loss for here. The address wey you give us for here dey too complicated. Abeg wetin you say make I do again? Hurry o! my time for the cafe don dey finish.

3 Likes

Re: Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 by Nobody: 12:34am On Jan 13, 2009
@orji, olboy u mean am or u serious? ahhhahhhh! grin gbefuele u enter am which cafe u dey? the one along tha mosque or the one at the entrance of agadez? cool ok well go to Agadez park and ask for Isa, God go deliver you ooooo smiley u be man now but no yawa,
Re: Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 by chyk91(m): 12:44am On Jan 13, 2009
guy, post the remaining now, i actually enjoy ur experience. oh boy u try no be small, and abeg hw many years im take u to waka dis kind waka. big modo, hw farna, i sure say by nw dem 4 don deport u from agadez. , lol.
Re: Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 by Nobody: 12:54am On Jan 13, 2009
@chyk no lay lay cool down i go send am give u the kind job i do for italy and work wey naija girl dey do there , ah ah i go talk wetin my eye see 4 ITALY,AUSTIRA, LUXEMBOURG,BELIUM, i go talk am all WALAI JESU n gbooo i dey vex for oyibo and naija goverment
Re: Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 by DisGuy: 1:16am On Jan 13, 2009
where's bigmodo

i'll give you my camera to record your sweet trip to obodo oyinbo!
Re: Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 by Thadude(m): 5:21am On Jan 13, 2009
Meeeeeeeeeen!, the trip as u explained, is like selling one's soul to the devil. Whatever happened to the farms in the villages i sorry for Nigeria!!, even if one gets to europe at the end of the day, it isnt bravery but stupidity. By the time one goes thro' the journey spending days in uncertainty and torturing the mind soul and body one will become a "die again human"
All thesame thanks for the exposure, i hope those desperados will read and learn, the human body can only take so much torture the mind, soul and body are three entities which functions as one, none can function without the other. Those harden minded individuals should always remember that the mind requires the body to function without which is death.
Re: Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 by abhosts(m): 1:00pm On Jan 13, 2009
If Nigeria was a country where people buy books, this guy could make a small fortune by putting his whole adventure in a book.

4 Likes

Re: Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 13, 2009
NA WAOOO!! shocked

Abeg brother, tell us more stories, damn! this is reaL!
Re: Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 13, 2009
Anyone in here ready to embark on this trip with me. I want to try it, it might be the way God want to use and butter my bread for me.

@bandiejay
Let's try traveling out this way again, this time with me. As you know the route very well. Trust me, this time you won't be deported. Hit me up at bigmodo(at)gmail.com
Re: Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 by K2: 8:06pm On Jan 13, 2009
Bandiejay, as much as I'd love to hear the remainder of your story, I'd advise you not to continue. Instead, contact someone that works in Nollywood or a TV station, cut a deal. Sign a contract for a documentary or movie or whatever. They'd embellish your story a bit to make it marketable don't mind. That way you'd get to make money from your experience. I know I'd certainly would wanna watch it :Thumds uP:

2 Likes

Re: Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 13, 2009
@K2 ya thanks K2 i know but everything in naija na connection even to get a wife you need connection, but i have it done on my album about to release to market , but still yet maketer for alaba dey doll things if you care i will send you the promo of the song to ur email, hit me up at bandiejay(at)yahoo.com thanks broooooo 4 the gr8t concern.
Re: Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 by chyk91(m): 10:38pm On Jan 13, 2009
oh boy this is real, i dey feel u die right now seriously, abeg i want to read the remaining story, i av read all sorts on this section but ur own get difference abeg.
Re: Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 by busybody20: 10:44pm On Jan 13, 2009
K2:

Bandiejay, as much as I'd love to hear the remainder of your story, I'd advise you not to continue. Instead, contact someone that works in Nollywood or a TV station, cut a deal. Sign a contract for a documentary or movie or whatever. They'd embellish your story a bit to make it marketable don't mind. That way you'd get to make money from your experience. I know I'd certainly would want to watch it :Thumds uP:

I absolutely support K2's comment. I have watched a documentary on BBC about Somalis, fleeing from war in Somalia,  emigrating to Saudi Arabia through the sea and the desert, getting lost in the desert in the process! It was a very moving documentary! I believe you can make good money from your experience if you turn it into a documentary. You just need someone to bankroll a production and /or camera crew  and finance a repeat journey where you go through the journey all over again. If you were courageous enough to pass through the dessert to get to Europe, getting a finance partner should be a piece of cake. You only need to demonstrate that a documentary is a viable business proposition (and it is!), do a financial forecast with potential TV rights (potentially international) and/or adverts as expected revenue.

If naijas no like book, i dey sure say them like TV!  wink

1 Like

Re: Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 by shotster50(m): 12:24am On Jan 14, 2009
I think Sorius Somura (i hope I got the name right) has done something like that on CNN, following Africans immigrants from Morocco to Europe. I actually think the poster should finish the story so that people intending to embark on this journey will see how tough it is.
Re: Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 by K2: 6:49pm On Jan 14, 2009
@Shotster, I've seen the CNN piece but I still think he's sitting on a gold mine. If he's ready to put in the leg work and not give up, with some creativity it could launch him.
Re: Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 14, 2009
Thanks to everybody that has contributed one word or the other to this post most especially special thanks to K2 and busybody who said i should try and get in touch with T.V station or Nollywood artist to cut a deal with them,  but you know say naija everything there is connection .it is very difficult for you to see somebody that would help , i have been to Alaba market to source for maketer for the 8track album I made title made to move but all what they say is that "guy na wa ooo; na you sing this song experience this things? ok drop your number we will give you call. I believe you have to hustle and when you have money some people would now come in partnership  with you .                                            furthermore, davidlyn thank  for what you said that if my father has money.I could have hop a plane, well the issue is not money its visa and aqain don't forget it is not everybody that was born with silver spoon and fingers are not equal but i promise you non-of my sibling, friends would never witness it because i would be available for them to solve their problems when the time comes so omo baba olowo small small.
Re: Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 by vicade(m): 8:07pm On Jan 14, 2009
bandiejay:

Thanks to everybody that has contributed one word or the other to this post most especially special thanks to K2 and busybody who said i should try and get in touch with T.V station or Nollywood artist to cut a deal with them, but you know say naija everything there is connection .it is very different for you to see somebody that would help , i have been to Alaba market to source for maketer for the 8track album I made title made to move but all what they say is that "guy na wa ooo; na you sing this song experience this things? ok drop your number we will give you call. I believe you have to hustle and when you have money some people would now come in partnership with you . furthermore, davidlyn thank for what you said that if my father has money.I could have hop a plane, well the issue is not money its visa and aqain don't forget it is not everybody that was born with silver spoon and fingers are not equal but i promise you non-of my sibling, friends would never witness it because i would be available for them to solve their problems when the time comes so omo baba olowo small small.

You seem to have a nice attitude. Nothing do you. Just keep on trying and keep your dreams alive and you will surely make it with GOD on your side. Keep your head up be good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 14, 2009
lol smiley thanks bro@vicade
Re: Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 by busybody20: 9:16pm On Jan 14, 2009
bandiejay:

Thanks to everybody that has contributed one word or the other to this post most especially special thanks to K2 and busybody who said i should try and get in touch with T.V station or Nollywood artist to cut a deal with them, but you know say naija everything there is connection .it is very difficult for you to see somebody that would help , i have been to Alaba market to source for maketer for the 8track album I made title made to move but all what they say is that "guy na wa ooo; na you sing this song experience this things? ok drop your number we will give you call. I believe you have to hustle and when you have money some people would now come in partnership with you . furthermore, davidlyn thank for what you said that if my father has money.I could have hop a plane, well the issue is not money its visa and aqain don't forget it is not everybody that was born with silver spoon and fingers are not equal but i promise you non-of my sibling, friends would never witness it because i would be available for them to solve their problems when the time comes so omo baba olowo small small.

If you "programme" yourself to believe that people only make it when they are connected,you won't acheive anything o.

Sometimes you need to make things work right for you and go out of your way, Which other places apart from Alaba have you been to? Have you gone to surulere? (there are lots of film and music producers there!).

Go to the right places, join networking sites like facebook get the right contacts and promote yourself. wink
All the Best.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abeokuta Paradise Nature Park in Jamaica / Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway / Obituary Of Seven Wedding Guests Who Died In Delta Auto Crash (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.