Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k (44826 Views)

What Happened To These Popular Phone Brands? / How Much Does It Cost To Repair A Crack Screen Of Iphone 8? / How Much Does It Cost To Repair The Screen Of An Iphone XR? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by Nobody: 4:35pm On Feb 28, 2018
If you’re going to spend so much money to buy a phone why not buy a brand new one, from a very RELIABLE source. Save up, it will give you less problems. I would never buy a second hand phone, I’d rather just use Nokia 3410.

3 Likes

Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by enigma2007(m): 4:35pm On Feb 28, 2018
Always use the Huntella on I.G. He is legit and customer friendly

3 Likes

Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by heendrix(m): 4:37pm On Feb 28, 2018
talk2dboss:
From my experience with Samsung Phones, Your screen is dead. You will have to get a new screen. Sad truth is that the cost of a new screen + your cost price of 170k = A new note 8 and some change.

Its quite sad that this happened to you. I am sure the seller had seen signs of this screen which was what made him sell the phone at that price to you.

My advice, since he said the phone comes with warranty, then go to his place with either a soldier or a policeman let him replace the phone (REPLACE THE PHONE OOOO, NOT CHANGE THE SCREEN).. Always run from fixing the phone, cos getting an original screen is very difficult. 10% chances.

Now you will spend money, maybe close to 50k for the police or soldier. But it is worth it if you are getting another phone

so because of a phone now he should put an innocent soilder in problem ehn? or when did soilder start involving themselves in civil matters?

Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by poseidon12: 4:38pm On Feb 28, 2018
talk2dboss:
From my experience with Samsung Phones, Your screen is dead. You will have to get a new screen. Sad truth is that the cost of a new screen + your cost price of 170k = A new note 8 and some change.

Its quite sad that this happened to you. I am sure the seller had seen signs of this screen which was what made him sell the phone at that price to you.

My advice, since he said the phone comes with warranty, then go to his place with either a soldier or a policeman let him replace the phone (REPLACE THE PHONE OOOO, NOT CHANGE THE SCREEN).. Always run from fixing the phone, cos getting an original screen is very difficult. 10% chances.

Now you will spend money, maybe close to 50k for the police or soldier. But it is worth it if you are getting another phone

Good advice. He should go with at least 2 soldiers and muscle the guy into replacing that phone. In Nigeria, most of the times it does not pay to follow due process.

5 Likes

Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by NaijaNaWaa: 4:40pm On Feb 28, 2018
Sorry about this but always remember the saying, " awuf de run bele". The price was a clear give-away.
Anyone selling Galaxy S8+ to you at less than N250K is certainly out to dupe you or giving you tokunbo.
I bought mine for N285K from a wholesaler.
Once again sorry but next time if you can't afford a product at its normal market price, go for a cheaper alternative.

6 Likes

Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by olaxm: 4:41pm On Feb 28, 2018
If Apple can back out on Samsung screen. Then people who still buying all these Samsung high end screen phone are just in for the fallacy. I too have experienced this. I used to be freak for latest Samsung phone but now their phone doesn't move again because I can't be carrying a phone around like egg. I have suffered financial lost, even the stress of having to travel to lagos to fix screen. I remember when s7 just newly came out. Bought mine maybe 2week after and the phone drop from bed 2 day after I bought it. It first started with dot on the screen before I know it the screen all turn blue. I had to travel to lag. I waka tired inside computer no one has the screen.. I just tired for Samsung cause you'll spend almost 75% of the phone cost replaced the screen. Even their smaller phone na same.

4 Likes

Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 4:41pm On Feb 28, 2018
pally123:
How can there be an ink dot on a brand new phone of N100 plus and you still went ahead to buy. Well, some people sha

I had the same thought.

Besides there are excellent phones for 45k to 70k.
What is someone doing with a 100k phone ? Nigerians are experts at throwing away money on frivolous things.

3 Likes

Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by david4z: 4:42pm On Feb 28, 2018
kkboy:
Warranty means ASSURANCE that if an item is found to be defective or damaged within the period, automatically it SHALL be replaced.
For accepting to repairs and even to contribute makes you original buffoon or MONEY MISS ROAD.
Just report to Consumer protection board
https://lawpadi.com/complain-bad-product-service-nigeria/
excertly .. I was even trying so we just settle all this ones and for all
Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by ghostfacekillar(m): 4:43pm On Feb 28, 2018
nah dem afonja scammer
Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by david4z: 4:43pm On Feb 28, 2018
enigma2007:
Always use the Huntella on I.G. He is legit and customer friendly
thats how they always come. Until something bad happens
Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by fibonacci2526: 4:43pm On Feb 28, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

I had the same thought. Besides there are excellent phones for 45k to 70k.
What is someone doing with a 100k phone ?

Una don come again oo, is it a crime to use expensive phones?

2 Likes

Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by Nobody: 4:44pm On Feb 28, 2018
fucking nigerians and scamming
Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by Nobody: 4:45pm On Feb 28, 2018
When the price is too good to be true, run away.

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 4:45pm On Feb 28, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Una don come again oo, is it a crime to use expensive phones?

It's not wise.
Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by david4z: 4:47pm On Feb 28, 2018
poseidon12:

Good advice. He should go with at least 2 soldiers and muscle the guy into replacing that phone. In Nigeria, most of the times it does not pay to follow due process.
i am all the way in the east. Thats extra spending. And time consuming. Even a waybill back cost 5k . That was why i offered him the 40k deal. Before he came up with the talks of warranty expired
Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by Nobody: 4:48pm On Feb 28, 2018
pally123:
How can there be an ink dot on a brand new phone of N100 plus and you still went ahead to buy. Well, some people sha
Sometimes when you’re desperate to buy something, you lose all common sense grin

3 Likes

Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by fibonacci2526: 4:48pm On Feb 28, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

It's not wise.

The truth is what we want in phones vary so you can't call it unwise for someone to use a phone above 100k.

2 Likes

Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by maasoap(m): 4:48pm On Feb 28, 2018
david4z:
.. and before i paid for the phone. If you see his intunation ehn.. like a saint. But when what came up came up. .. voice change. Chaii people
That showed he was out defraud you right from the on set.

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by enigma2007(m): 4:51pm On Feb 28, 2018
david4z:
thats how they always come. Until something bad happens

Huntella has been around for awhile o! Not just some random dude out there..

https://www.instagram.com/huntelladotnet/

Probably.. the only Nigerian i can buy stuff from online if i am not shipping it in... I dont even trust Konga & Jumia that much!

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by OyinO: 4:52pm On Feb 28, 2018
He's a fraudster. He should be arrested and made to refund. And you, next time, simply go to a store and buy your electronic device yourself to AVOID PENNY WISE, POUND FOOLISH and stories that touches. N170k is way too much for rickety phone business deals.

3 Likes

Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by Landuphil(m): 4:54pm On Feb 28, 2018
Na wa o....

Way me still dey hustle to buy one Infinix phone like that cry

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by clogogo(m): 4:54pm On Feb 28, 2018
david4z:
Want to warn people against this discount deals on I.G .. got a samsung galaxy s8+ from trace communication for 170k on a so called promo deal. I don't reside in Lagos but i decided to trust him I sent someone whom is not also in Lagos at the moment...

After the discussion, I sent the money through a friend. on getting there he discovered that there was an ink on the screen which trace denied not knowing about. I told him to back out. But trace insisted that nothing was going to happen. and extended the warranty for a month. ok. I trusted him and paid him 170k the phone got to me. I checked it.. just the black spot..

But after 6days I started noticing the screen showing black and flickering. i waited for when i could get it on camera so i can show him. Which i did. he was confused.. looking for one excuse to give or another.

Prior to our deal of a refund or change. he insisted that i will take half of the cost of the screen. i agreed because half bread is better than non. i decided to send the phone down to Lagos only for him to say that lets leave it for a while...

That he paid this and paid that.. ok fine i agreed because 58k + waybill 5k =63k was not what you could just jump on. well i didn't know he just wanted the month to expire .. to cut the long story short. i got an engineer who said he has a used screen for 80k prior to 115k trace was asking for. i thought that to be a better plan.

Because of my half stake in the deal.. 40k would be beta than 64k. well i told trace communication. that was when i got the shocker . that the warranty has expired. after all the time he wasted. and i should repair my phone my self.. i am dumbfounded . because thats a 110k bill on my head for just trusting a fellow nigerian. i have been trying to follow due process, but its just painful when you trust some1 and you are deceived ..

All bcause i am down in the east. Nigeria, where you cannot trust someone with out asking for birth certificate.. area of residence etc. want to warn against this phone vendor this is my personal ordeal. yours might be different ..

But right now i have a bill of 115k on my head. phone that is not upto 5 weeks. please these promo deals are usually faulty phones. fixed and you can never know when yours will explode and the guy giving you a warranty will suddenly turn arrogant and cunning.(i have proof of everything i said here and i am ready to defend it any where).

Welcome to the Hustle,
Welcome to Lagos,
Welcome to Eko,
Welcome to No Man's Land,
Welcome to this great City.
Where you pay for been so foolish.
Where you pay for been a novice,
Where the smart-one get out-smarted,
Where you can never be all wise,
Where you never sleep on bike,
To all my Lagosian, I salute , i Duff my cap. keep the hustle real.
Je ko mo .....
Eko o ni baje oooooo

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by Nobody: 4:59pm On Feb 28, 2018
david4z:
check my profile.. you will see i really searched. Na me carry my self go trust that guy.
You knew about the spot in the screen and still bought the phone You no try.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by maasoap(m): 5:00pm On Feb 28, 2018
OyinO:
He's a fraudster. He should be arrested and made to refund. And you, next time, simply go to a store and buy your electronic device yourself to AVOID PENNY WISE, POUND FOOLISH and stories that touches. N170k is way too much for rickety phone business deals.
I dey tell you, 170k! For a clearly faulty phone?

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by Jobig(m): 5:03pm On Feb 28, 2018
Samsung phones dont hav second hand value
Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 5:04pm On Feb 28, 2018
fibonacci2526:

The truth is what we want in phones vary so you can't call it unwise for someone to use a phone above 100k.

Maybe.

But the economics of phone production means that above a certain number $200 - $250 all phones are the same. Your 64gb storage costs the manufacturer less than $10, yet he charges 50. The camera isn't that much better. The OS is the same. People are essentially paying for vanity.

But I agree with you, they are allowed to spend their money as they wish.
Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by Emeka71(m): 5:05pm On Feb 28, 2018
david4z:
Want to warn people against this discount deals on I.G .. got a samsung galaxy s8+ from trace communication for 170k on a so called promo deal. I don't reside in Lagos but i decided to trust him I sent someone whom is not also in Lagos at the moment...

After the discussion, I sent the money through a friend. on getting there he discovered that there was an ink on the screen which trace denied not knowing about. I told him to back out. But trace insisted that nothing was going to happen. and extended the warranty for a month. ok. I trusted him and paid him 170k the phone got to me. I checked it.. just the black spot..

But after 6days I started noticing the screen showing black and flickering. i waited for when i could get it on camera so i can show him. Which i did. he was confused.. looking for one excuse to give or another.

Prior to our deal of a refund or change. he insisted that i will take half of the cost of the screen. i agreed because half bread is better than non. i decided to send the phone down to Lagos only for him to say that lets leave it for a while...

That he paid this and paid that.. ok fine i agreed because 58k + waybill 5k =63k was not what you could just jump on. well i didn't know he just wanted the month to expire .. to cut the long story short. i got an engineer who said he has a used screen for 80k prior to 115k trace was asking for. i thought that to be a better plan.

Because of my half stake in the deal.. 40k would be beta than 64k. well i told trace communication. that was when i got the shocker . that the warranty has expired. after all the time he wasted. and i should repair my phone my self.. i am dumbfounded . because thats a 110k bill on my head for just trusting a fellow nigerian. i have been trying to follow due process, but its just painful when you trust some1 and you are deceived ..

All bcause i am down in the east. Nigeria, where you cannot trust someone with out asking for birth certificate.. area of residence etc. want to warn against this phone vendor this is my personal ordeal. yours might be different ..

But right now i have a bill of 115k on my head. phone that is not upto 5 weeks. please these promo deals are usually faulty phones. fixed and you can never know when yours will explode and the guy giving you a warranty will suddenly turn arrogant and cunning.(i have proof of everything i said here and i am ready to defend it any where).

I wonder how somebody can count-out over N150,000.00 just to buy a phone.
Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by Ofemmanu1: 5:09pm On Feb 28, 2018
If a deal looks too good, you back out- Trump, POTUS.

Awoof dey purge belle, instead of you to but a brand new phone from samsung Nigeria, you decided to buy from a slowpoke trace.

Don't be suprised, that phone maybe stolen elsewhere and now you will pay more for a stolen and a refurbished phone.

Sorry for your loss bro.

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by Abeyjide: 5:10pm On Feb 28, 2018
sorry for that. I do tell people there are things not advisable to buy on 2nd hand. my samsung phone will be two years by May and the battery is working perfectly. see examples of phones I bought new and still working . Would have uploaded my Nokia e5 but not with me.

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by iliyande(m): 5:11pm On Feb 28, 2018
Emeka71:
I wonder how somebody can count-out over N150,000.00 just to buy a phone.

kimbraa:
115k on a liability? Hope you earn up to that amount monthly?

How does this relate to the ops topic?
I can't buy a phone of that amount but can't question someone's decision too.

3 Likes

Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by david4z: 5:18pm On Feb 28, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
You knew about the spot in the screen and still bought the phone You no try.
.. Thats where i dey feel bad.. But if u see where the guy dey swear say nothing go do the phone ehhn. Well sha i did d trusting.
Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by Behankey(m): 5:19pm On Feb 28, 2018
You should have stopped. It is your money and there are a of good deals for phones. sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Set Any Picture As Your BBM/WHATSAPP Display Picture Without Cropping / Chris Evans Gets Rid Of The Iphone 6s He's Been Using For The Past 7 Years / Chinese Man Burns After Rushing Back To A Burning Factory To Get His Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.