Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,671 members, 7,816,760 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k (44814 Views)

What Happened To These Popular Phone Brands? / How Much Does It Cost To Repair A Crack Screen Of Iphone 8? / How Much Does It Cost To Repair The Screen Of An Iphone XR? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by idmoore(m): 10:18pm On Feb 28, 2018
@Poster
This is a very expensive lesson, very very expensive.
So unfortunate that you had to learn this way because according to someone that said, the cost of your phone at 170k plus the cost of fixing the screen at 115k has already get you a Note 8 which is true.
I Don't understand why people can't buy brand new and genuine product from accredited dealer....becaise all these promo sales and UK used or Tokunbo products are penny wise Pounds and Dollar foolish.
It pays you to get a Brand new product from accredited dealers even if you will get it on mortgage, it really pays and keeps your mind at rest while you enjoy your products.
Samsung or Apple where dey get accredited dealers, you think say them Stupid.?
No dey are not but they know people will produce substandards of their product.
My brother, if I should advice you. Its either uou hire a soldier man to his shop and trade in the phone for another for you or your just forhet your 170k and give the phone to your Baby to serve as Bible, Dictionary or Gaming because if you attempt to repair the Screen with another 115k you are just thrown encountered another loss because the phone it's self is substandard and you can't use OEM (Original Equipment Manufacture) on substandard products, it wont last at all, it will pack up again.

2 Likes

Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by idmoore(m): 10:23pm On Feb 28, 2018
Safiaaa:
Sometimes when you’re desperate to buy something, you lose all common sense grin

I don laugh tired.......LolZzzz
Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by idmoore(m): 10:30pm On Feb 28, 2018
Forceup:
Never say never dear.. The world is unpredictable.

I disagree with you, if you really want something endeavour to go for the genuine ones.
Let me tell you, it is an habit to either buy brand things or Second things. it is not a matter of never say never.
There are some people they can buy fourth hand products they are juat comfortable with it but I dislike such. That's is why you have things in various standards, go for the one you can afford but must be a Brand new.

2 Likes

Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by david4z: 10:45pm On Feb 28, 2018
idmoore:
@Poster
This is a very expensive lesson, very very expensive.
So unfortunate that you had to learn this way because according to someone that said, the cost of your phone at 170k plus the cost of fixing the screen at 115k has already get you a Note 8 which is true.
I Don't understand why people can't buy brand new and genuine product from accredited dealer....becaise all these promo sales and UK used or Tokunbo products are penny wise Pounds and Dollar foolish.
It pays you to get a Brand new product from accredited dealers even if you will get it on mortgage, it really pays and keeps your mind at rest while you enjoy your products.
Samsung or Apple where dey get accredited dealers, you think say them Stupid.?
No dey are not but they know people will produce substandards of their product.
My brother, if I should advice you. Its either uou hire a soldier man to his shop and trade in the phone for another for you or your just forhet your 170k and give the phone to your Baby to serve as Bible, Dictionary or Gaming because if you attempt to repair the Screen with another 115k you are just thrown encountered another loss because the phone it's self is substandard and you can't use OEM (Original Equipment Manufacture) on substandard products, it wont last at all, it will pack up again.
hmmmmn... cry
Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by david4z: 10:46pm On Feb 28, 2018
idmoore:

I disagree with you, if you really want something endeavour to go for the genuine ones.
Let me tell you, it is an habit to either buy brand things or Second things. it is not a matter of never say never.
There are some people they can buy fourth hand products they are juat comfortable with it but I dislike such. That's is why you have things in various standards, go for the one you can afford but must be a Brand new.
i don learn my lesson
Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by ericmor: 11:53pm On Feb 28, 2018
Don’t know how I will pay for a phone after noticing a fault on it. There are so many phones out there and better offers too. To be frank, u got yourself in the problem. Good information anyway, so other people can learn

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by Ayorella77(m): 12:04am On Mar 01, 2018
Phone for sale techno WX3. Call 08177828193
Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by abimic(m): 12:12am On Mar 01, 2018
talk2dboss:
From my experience with Samsung Phones, Your screen is dead. You will have to get a new screen. Sad truth is that the cost of a new screen + your cost price of 170k = A new note 8 and some change.

Its quite sad that this happened to you. I am sure the seller had seen signs of this screen which was what made him sell the phone at that price to you.

My advice, since he said the phone comes with warranty, then go to his place with either a soldier or a policeman let him replace the phone (REPLACE THE PHONE OOOO, NOT CHANGE THE SCREEN).. Always run from fixing the phone, cos getting an original screen is very difficult. 10% chances.

Now you will spend money, maybe close to 50k for the police or soldier. But it is worth it if you are getting another phone
U b correct guy, when anybody cheats u in this country, go with Army and your mountain would be plain and easy. Police won't be feared like army! He should go with army, instagram na long story, he dares not try this shit with army officer, he would end up losing all the phones in his shop sef without any money paid back when army go destroy the whole shop. Nigerians like to cheat themselves unless you're the stubborn type and have backup.

2 Likes

Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by naturefellow(m): 12:16am On Mar 01, 2018
pally123:
How can there be an ink dot on a brand new phone of N100 plus and you still went ahead to buy. Well, some people sha
they get money to throway right? They just amaze me. 175K + 10k would've got him a spanking new Nokia 8.
Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by iyatrustee(f): 5:12am On Mar 01, 2018
david4z:
chai sorry.. But what about if the broken screen was not your fault. And you have to fix it your self... Its a lot painful

Usually the warranty does not cover damaged screens! So yes, you have to fix by yourself

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by mukhcech(m): 5:30am On Mar 01, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Good God!! Stop this. lolllll.

Walahi it is so annoying..them no gree person see road again.
Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by Forceup(f): 6:37am On Mar 01, 2018
idmoore:

I only replied the part she said she'd "NEVER", If you can afford new things, then fine.. But in life, I have learnt to never say never, especially about financial angles of life.. This is not about habits, this is about the unpredictability of life.
Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by david4z: 7:01am On Mar 01, 2018
iyatrustee:

Usually the warranty does not cover damaged screens! So yes, you have to fix by yourself
my screen does not have a single crack. It must have been what caused the ink that is making it flicker. The screen was faulty from the onset. Because he could not even explain how the ink came about. Chai and i wanted to back out o. cry cry
Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by david4z: 7:04am On Mar 01, 2018
cupid4ig:
there were better deals on Nairaland here. Even me I had 2 pieces.
see nah. Chai
Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by iyatrustee(f): 7:50am On Mar 01, 2018
david4z:
my screen does not have a single crack. It must have been what caused the ink that is making it flicker. The screen was faulty from the onset. Because he could not even explain how the ink came about. Chai and i wanted to back out o. cry cry

Seems like a refurbished phone sad Sorry about it.

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by Bizzyliss(m): 8:49am On Mar 01, 2018
This is why i sold my s8 plus and got an iphone, Samsung screens are not durable and are over expensive

2 Likes

Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by david4z: 9:07am On Mar 01, 2018
iyatrustee:

Seems like a refurbished phone sad Sorry about it.
and the guy didnt mention anything as such. U will never know how this people behave until something happens. Then you see their real side... But chai i really trusted this trace.. He sounded like a saint at first.
Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by lobell1: 10:47am On Mar 01, 2018
Adiwana:
I can NEVER do business with a Nigerian without meeting that person one on one.Even one on one business people still get scammed but the risk is highly reduced.Nigerian are very heartless people and one of the worst people to do business with online because they aim to scam you.Am a Nigerian&am not saying this to spoil business for some people but if you are reading this,never trust a Nigerian you cannot easily retrieve your money from offline.Doing online business with a Nigerian is a NO NO for me.Never!

No need for face-to-face meets. You can still transact safely and securely using Nigeria's number one escrow service and marketplace. Get what you paid for or get your money back, no time for stories, biko. See link below and in my signature for more details.

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by david4z: 11:54am On Mar 01, 2018
lobell1:

No need for face-to-face meets. You can still transact safely and securely using Nigeria's number one escrow service and marketplace. Get what you paid for or get your money back, no time for stories, biko. See link below and in my signature for more details.
proof undecided
Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by lobell1: 12:52pm On Mar 01, 2018
david4z:
proof undecided

Follow the link, signup, use the service, stay protected online, always.

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by ollah2: 1:08pm On Mar 01, 2018
Bizzyliss:
This is why i sold my s8 plus and got an iphone, Samsung screens are not durable and are over expensive

Hehehe. Which iPhone did you buy?

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by david4z: 6:09pm On Mar 01, 2018
lobell1:

Follow the link, signup, use the service, stay protected online, always.
hian did you see what just happened to me??..
Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by lobell1: 9:46pm On Mar 01, 2018
david4z:
hian did you see what just happened to me??..

Exactly my point. Your money could have been held in escrow until you were a 100% sure you wanted to keep the phone. Or just ask for your money back after returning the item and you get it back, no hassles. Life is too short for any stories that touch biko.
Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by david4z: 8:06am On Mar 02, 2018
More pictures

Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by degrace0011: 8:15am On Mar 02, 2018
Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by mayorall(m): 3:56pm On Mar 02, 2018
Got an s8+ screen for you #60,000 only.....

We also buy broken screen Samsung s8+ and s8.

Whatsapp 07066435369

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by mayorall(m): 3:58pm On Mar 02, 2018
david4z:
Want to warn people against this discount deals on I.G .. got a samsung galaxy s8+ from trace communication for 170k on a so called promo deal. I don't reside in Lagos but i decided to trust him I sent someone whom is not also in Lagos at the moment...

After the discussion, I sent the money through a friend. on getting there he discovered that there was an ink on the screen which trace denied not knowing about. I told him to back out. But trace insisted that nothing was going to happen. and extended the warranty for a month. ok. I trusted him and paid him 170k the phone got to me. I checked it.. just the black spot..

But after 6days I started noticing the screen showing black and flickering. i waited for when i could get it on camera so i can show him. Which i did. he was confused.. looking for one excuse to give or another.

Prior to our deal of a refund or change. he insisted that i will take half of the cost of the screen. i agreed because half bread is better than non. i decided to send the phone down to Lagos only for him to say that lets leave it for a while...

That he paid this and paid that.. ok fine i agreed because 58k + waybill 5k =63k was not what you could just jump on. well i didn't know he just wanted the month to expire .. to cut the long story short. i got an engineer who said he has a used screen for 80k prior to 115k trace was asking for. i thought that to be a better plan.

Because of my half stake in the deal.. 40k would be beta than 64k. well i told trace communication. that was when i got the shocker . that the warranty has expired. after all the time he wasted. and i should repair my phone my self.. i am dumbfounded . because thats a 110k bill on my head for just trusting a fellow nigerian. i have been trying to follow due process, but its just painful when you trust some1 and you are deceived ..

All bcause i am down in the east. Nigeria, where you cannot trust someone with out asking for birth certificate.. area of residence etc. want to warn against this phone vendor this is my personal ordeal. yours might be different ..

But right now i have a bill of 115k on my head. phone that is not upto 5 weeks. please these promo deals are usually faulty phones. fixed and you can never know when yours will explode and the guy giving you a warranty will suddenly turn arrogant and cunning.(i have proof of everything i said here and i am ready to defend it any where).

Let's swap. Bring #70,000 plus the broken one.

Take this s8+ at photo.

Whatsapp or call 07066435369

Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by Bizzyliss(m): 7:55pm On Mar 03, 2018
ollah2:

Hehehe. Which iPhone did you buy?
iphone x

2 Likes

Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by ollah2: 7:59pm On Mar 03, 2018
Bizzyliss:
iphone x

So it's iPhone x screen that is cheap and very durable? Continue deceiving urself

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by david4z: 11:50am On Mar 04, 2018
mayorall:
Got an s8+ screen for you #60,000 only.....

We also buy broken screen Samsung s8+ and s8.

Whatsapp 07066435369
hmmmn.
Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by david4z: 11:51am On Mar 04, 2018
mayorall:

Let's swap. Bring #70,000 plus the broken one.

Take this s8+ at photo.

Whatsapp or call 07066435369
i have soo many personal things on the phone. I prefer to fix it. Thanks
Re: See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k by talk2dboss: 2:41pm On Mar 04, 2018
OP where are you on this. What was the final resolve

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Set Any Picture As Your BBM/WHATSAPP Display Picture Without Cropping / Chris Evans Gets Rid Of The Iphone 6s He's Been Using For The Past 7 Years / Chinese Man Burns After Rushing Back To A Burning Factory To Get His Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.