Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria (24713 Views)

Natural Solution To Hair Loss, Stunted Growth, Dandruff, Itchy Scalp Etc (pics) / COVID-19 : 70 New Cases In Lagos, Lagos Mainland Has Highest Number Of Cases / Nigeria Has Second Largest HIV Epidemic Worldwide:unaids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by Sprumbabafather: 5:32pm On Feb 28, 2018
PastorLucifer:
The average yoruba husband will wake around 11am each day, sit on the street eyeing every small girl that walks past, flirting, talking trash and drinking local gin. By 3pm he strolls out to 'work', ends up @ d nearest bus stop or beer joint to argue with his peers & stay up to date on current ghetto politics. Here, he also hails & sings praises of other patrons in order to get a few bucks from them. By 7pm he heads to his favourite Olosho joint for a quickie. By 10pm he returns home to yell at his illegitimate kids, beats his wife, rapes her & snores off only to repeat the same sequence the next day.

After three years, he impregnates his daughter's age mate, accuses his wife of witchcraft & runs away from home. In three years time, he repeats the same thing again till he becomes adept at it.

spits! angry angry

Let me beg you on their behalf, this beating is too much that I pity yorubas. grin

Please pity them.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by Jimbadly: 5:33pm On Feb 28, 2018
gratiaeo:
It's not only malnutrition but also genetic my 5 yrs old baby is taller and father than my yoruba 7 yrs old son

Please expatiate. Your 5 year old baby is not Yoruba?

2 Likes

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 28, 2018
PastorLucifer:
The average yoruba husband will wake around 11am each day, sit on the street eyeing every small girl that walks past, flirting, talking trash and drinking local gin. By 3pm he strolls out to 'work', ends up @ d nearest bus stop or beer joint to argue with his peers & stay up to date on current ghetto politics. Here, he also hails & sings praises of other patrons in order to get a few bucks from them. By 7pm he heads to his favourite Olosho joint for a quickie. By 10pm he returns home to yell at his illegitimate kids, beats his wife, rapes her & snores off only to repeat the same sequence the next day.

After three years, he impregnates his daughter's age mate, accuses his wife of witchcraft & runs away from home. In three years time, he repeats the same thing again till he becomes adept at it.

spits! angry angry
The last i read, those that do accused their wives of witchcraft are igbos. Do where did you bring your own, should we bring out prove?
Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by jiinxed: 5:40pm On Feb 28, 2018
These oily skull miners grin

11 Likes

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by kernel504(m): 5:45pm On Feb 28, 2018
Okoyeebos:
The strength of the South West is not in physical bulk but intellectual sagacity.

Have you noticed that the person who can afford a bag of rice can't carry it and the person who carries a bag of rice can't afford to buy it.

Wawa pigs need to look like castrated pigs so that they can have the strength to serve others.

Which intellectuals? Till last year, Eastern states dusted Western in all Parallel Exams for the past 13 years.
Give me 3 world renounce scholars from West, and I will give you 6 from East.
After Wole Soyinka, you will hardly mention another.

14 Likes

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by Born2Breed(f): 5:49pm On Feb 28, 2018
joudini:
The United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF) has revealed that the south-west has the second highest number of stunted children in Nigeria. UNICEF Communication Officer, Blessing Ejiofor, speaking at a meeting on child nutrition in Ogun state attributed the high number of stunted children in the region to acute malnutrition.

She revealed that 19.4% of children in South West are stunted, which is only
second to what is obtained in the North. She said; “However, 19.4 per cent of
children in South-West Nigeria are stunted. This figure is worse than the figure for the South-East and the south-south but better than the North as we would see during the presentations. This calls for more work by everyone –government and all of us.

“As agenda setters, we must do more to keep child nutrition conversations on the priority list of those that can act to reverse this ugly trend.
“UNICEF believes that journalists can help set the agenda for action against all forms of child malnutrition, be it severe acute malnutrition or stunting. This, the media can do by creating heightened awareness among leaders and citizens.

The media remains UNICEF’s major ally as we work for every child, everywhere, to build a better world for everyone.

www.saharareporters.com/2018/02/27/south-west-has-second-highest-number-stunted-children-nigeria-unicef

cc: lalasticlala

I am not surprised. The only food they eat mostly in south west is Amala and Stew or Ijebu Garri with sugar. If not for the beans they eat always it would have been worst.

15 Likes

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by astrodome: 6:02pm On Feb 28, 2018
kernel504:

Which intellectuals? Till last year, Eastern states dusted Western in all Parallel Exams for the past 13 years.
Give me 3 world renounce scholars from West, and I will give you 6 from East.
After Wole Soyinka, you will hardly can another.
Inside Nigeria the East beats the West in educational achievement. But outside Nigeria (US, UK, etc) both are at par and beat the rest of Nigeria by far. I have not seen any major difference between both outside Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by PastorLucifer: 6:04pm On Feb 28, 2018
wizzakosh:
shocked, See person that is asking questions

So what is it supposed to be?

"Why are English language a big problem for Afonjas?" or "Why were English language a big problem for Afonjas?" grin grin grin

Can you all see why I said Afonjas are illiterates?

5 Likes

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by Jimbadly: 6:07pm On Feb 28, 2018
storge:
Stunted growth is a sign of good living and longevity . Ask the Chinese.

Oh my God! Wtf is that thing?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by kernel504(m): 6:14pm On Feb 28, 2018
astrodome:

Inside Nigeria the East beats the West in educational achievement. But outside Nigeria (US, UK, etc) both are at par and beat the rest of Nigeria by far. I have not seen any major difference between both outside Nigeria.

Brother... I just have Six names to test their strength
1. Ngozie Okonjo
2. Adiche Chimmanda
3. Phillip Emegwali
4. Aruna OTEH
5. Chukwuma Soludo
6. Chinue Achebe.

I was forced into this contest because that guy took a wipe at us.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by Holywizard: 6:19pm On Feb 28, 2018
Do u know that Afonjas don't cook with crayfish?
Back then when I was serving, anytime I wanted to cook all of them would come out only to watch me cook.
Their level of Amebo and Apkoroko is too bad that even ur Yoruba landlord would send his children to beg salt, oil, matches and maggi.
I once came back from the East and I gave my landlord's mother stockfisk,driedfish and 5bars of soap. Due to the fact that she saw me came back with 3 big traveling bags, she never appreciated me, rather refused to talk to me for 2days because she expected a lot from me...An ordinary Corp member. Her senses regained when she came to beg me matches.
It is only Afonjas that used to marry many wives and they will still be sleeping with their daughter's friends.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by Holywizard: 6:25pm On Feb 28, 2018
Even most of their graduates are educated illiterates.
How can u be in a social and official gathering and u will be communicating in Yoruba language.
When u are asked to speak English, u start getting angry bcoz u can't.
Back then, even my colleagues saw me (an Igbo) as a threat. Ibo this, Ibo that while they have never been to any South Eastern state before.
They dare not travel to other regions.
Stupid set of tribe!!!⚠️

14 Likes

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by Killurself: 6:26pm On Feb 28, 2018
Igbo statistics

1 Like

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by astrodome: 6:26pm On Feb 28, 2018
kernel504:

Brother... I just have Six names to test their strength
1. Ngozie Okonjo
2. Adiche Chimmanda
3. Phillip Emegwali
4. Aruna OTEH
5. Chukwuma Soludo
6. Chinue Achebe.

I was forced into this contest because that guy took a wipe at us.

I get your point. But there are also several Yoruba equivalents of these people you listed. Of course they may not be in the same fields, but Igbo and Yoruba are very competitive abroad. I know this because I am in the system here in the US. In Nigeria, they are messed up real big shocked shocked shocked shocked And that is regardless of what they churn out from their fake western press.
Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by engrchykae(m): 6:35pm On Feb 28, 2018
Sprumbabafather:
Its a lie.

The south west has produced 3 Nigerian presidents and has the highest IGR, it will somehow make them eat and grow more. grin
yemi osinbajo is STUNTED.
AM NOT SURPRISED

12 Likes

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:37pm On Feb 28, 2018
Okoyeebos:

Yellow garri was introduced during the war when your fathers were dying of kwashiorkor.

You should try eating yellow garri. It may help you get taller and grow a brain too.

The Igbos went through war for 3years,millions died,even after the war ,their money/properties were devalued to 20naira only... yet they are above you people in many areas of life,l expected you guys, that didn't smell war,not to talk of experiencing it, to be much more better and advanced than the igbo but una still dey, dey struggle for supremacy... Whenever you hear anything that has to do with the Biafra war,hide your face and keep mute.
You guys should be ashamed of yourselves, for always using the war ,as a defence mechanism against the Igbos .....Uburu aturu

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by Tunks2017(m): 6:53pm On Feb 28, 2018
Holywizard:
Do u know
It is only Afonjas that used to marry many wives and they will still be sleeping with their daughter's friends.

And do you know......

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/how-95-year-old-grandmother-was-raped-keke-operator/100683.html

Tell your nigglets to Stop rapping old grannies in anambra & imo angry angry
Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by Adebowale89(m): 6:56pm On Feb 28, 2018
Ngokafor:

Listen up dude..forget this your tribal cries,but your women hardly cook normal food for their kids...I grew up in Lagos..Yoruba women giving their kids 50naira to buy ijebu garri,sugar and groundnut as lunch was the norm when their children come home from school...Even your ewedu soup is just ewedu,water,enough pepper and salt..with some stew and kpomo as meat..

But when an Igbo woman makes soup,its dried fish,stock fish,crayfish,smoked fish,ugu leaves,beef/chicken/goatmeat,egusi,okro,okazi,oha,bitterleaf e.t.c you will be seeing..depending on the type of soup cos the list is endless....Abeg make una up-grade what you eat.

why are you crying more than the bereaved. your open hatred for Yoruba had blocked your center of reasoning to know, people cooked what they like regardless of tribe. why not leave your remote village and come down to southwest for food campaign since you're bent on shooking mouth in wetin no affect your kinsmen

go and get a life and stop ranting like a spoilt toy
Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by oodualover: 6:56pm On Feb 28, 2018
ODVanguard:
Lies everywhere. SE kids and adults are the ones with naturally short, stunted, pygmy stock genes, like their equitorial guinea brethren below.
Don't be surprised that Iboe goat made that statement up. These iboes are pathetic and useless people that always feel they must compare and downgrade everyone( especially Yoruba people)to feel good. They will always derive pleasure in downgrading the SW.
Pathetic and useless people

2 Likes

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 28, 2018
jesus christ!!! See afonja blood flowing everywhere .....cheii pastorlucifer i and my afonja inlaws dobale before you...temper justice with mercy grin

16 Likes

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by Nowenuse: 7:06pm On Feb 28, 2018
Put tribalism aside, Yorubas do not eat good food. They have a very terrible diet compared to others. They and the Hausas are at the same level.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by Tunks2017(m): 7:11pm On Feb 28, 2018
Nowenuse:
Put tribalism aside, Yorubas do not eat good food. They have a very terrible diet compared to others. They and the Hausas are at the same level.

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by Iceberg3: 7:11pm On Feb 28, 2018
Why won't they have stunted growth when all they chop is grassgrin grin

7 Likes

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by Tunks2017(m): 7:14pm On Feb 28, 2018
Ngokafor:

You were not at war yet malnutrition and kwarshiokor has finished you all in the Sw...your diet is as poor as your mental capacity.

2 Likes

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:08pm On Feb 28, 2018
omoelerin1:
You must be a talented busybody, for you to be able to observed all these.
If it is painful, try and change. That's the essence of the write up.
Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by shallysgirl: 9:08pm On Feb 28, 2018
Okoyeebos:
The strength of the South West is not in physical bulk but intellectual sagacity.

Have you noticed that the person who can afford a bag of rice can't carry it and the person who carries a bag of rice can't afford to buy it.

Wawa pigs need to look like castrated pigs so that they can have the strength to serve others.
You seem to be in pains. Your First paragraph would have been enough .epele though

4 Likes

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by TerrorSquad147: 9:32pm On Feb 28, 2018
Okoyeebos:

The same lagoon your elders were sentenced to?
come and eat good food in the east and forget your sorrows. As you can see, ffk, akeredolu, and all those your prominent Yoruba men getting married to Igbo ladies are enjoying a blissful marriage, and you know why wink wink

7 Likes

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by SouthEastFacts: 9:48pm On Feb 28, 2018
KahlDrogo:
Dont mind we flat heads sir. We just have to find a way to ease the migraine in our heads with unpalatable news about south west.

I am sure UNICEF has no idea they need to carry out research about Yam legs and Flat Head syndrome ravaging our barren Potor Republic.

May the curse of yam legs and flat heads be cured with our constant prayer to chukwu Abuko Bob Lolo, Iseeeeee!
Ranting from the pit of hell. When you eat calamity, why won't you be stunted.

6 Likes

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:57pm On Feb 28, 2018
astrodome:

any source for that or is it oral stats

1 Like

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:58pm On Feb 28, 2018
TerrorSquad147:
come and eat good food in the east and forget your sorrows. As you can see, ffk, akeredolu, and all those your prominent Yoruba men getting married to Igbo ladies are enjoying a blissful marriage, and you know why wink wink
ffk is not married only Akeredolu is tell us another one

1 Like

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 28, 2018
[s]
PastorLucifer:

So what is it supposed to be?

"Why are English language a big problem for Afonjas?" or "Why were English language a big problem for Afonjas?" grin grin grin

Can you all see why I said Afonjas are illiterates?
[/s]Carry your aba English away from here.
Why is English language a big problem for pigs ..... Wrong.
Why English language a problem for pigs .... correct.
O boy, go and learn English very before talking to people that you can't match.
And try to amend your R factor before correcting others.
Not the one you will be calling L where R is applicable and calling R where L is applicable. Mr professor of linguistic.

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:03pm On Feb 28, 2018
Adebowale89:

why are you crying more than the bereaved. your open hatred for Yoruba had blocked your center of reasoning to know, people cooked what they like regardless of tribe. why not leave your remote village and come down to southwest for food campaign since you're bent on shooking mouth in wetin no affect your kinsmen

go and get a life and stop ranting like a spoilt toy
they live in Lagos and u say they know Yoruba stew let me list it for the omo ibo. Ila alasepo, efo riro, gbegiri, obe shapa,(ekiti delicacy),obe osun(mushroom soup) efinrin stew and co ibos only know ewedu coz that’s what’s popular and delicacy in lagos,oyo,osun but come to ekiti ondo and see the different soup eaten there

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

354 New COVID-19 Cases, 265 Discharged And 3 Deaths On August 6 - (3,835 Tested) / Unpaid Bill: Lagos Hospital Detains Newborn Baby For Three Months (photo) / COVID-19: Anambra Begins Fumigation Of The 63 Major Markets In The State (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.