Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,769 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol (36594 Views)

Leke Adeboye Gets A Clean Shave In Honor Of His Brother, Dare / Billy Graham Dies At 99 / Evangelist Billy Graham Dies At 99 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol by Culin(f): 10:20am On Mar 04, 2018
Political funeral. It doesn't even matter cos he's already with God, the biggest honor ever.

2 Likes

Re: Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol by uwa244(m): 10:21am On Mar 04, 2018
Farewell rare Gem of our time.
Re: Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol by passyhansome(m): 10:25am On Mar 04, 2018
Serving God pays A citizens buried like a President, God is alive
Re: Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol by safarigirl(f): 10:25am On Mar 04, 2018
HigherEd:
This is how to honor a man of God! Nigerians should learn how to treat Pastors respectably jare.
Billy Graham was reportedly worth 25 million USD and he also handed his ministry to his son, Franklin. yet his ppl celebrated him. But here jobless ppl go dey track and blame Oyedepo and Adeboye for all their lives problem. Some of the ppl here screaming RIP would be the first to crase because Oyedepo handed over to his Son.
can you compare this shithole to America?

Nobody,living in wealth and affluence in the midst of poverty and penury deserves respect. They should all be treated like scum

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol by Nobody: 10:29am On Mar 04, 2018
He deserves it.

Do you know anybody with a samsung s6 with a dead panel?
I am willing to buy the screen.
My phone number on profile.
Re: Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol by daveP(m): 10:30am On Mar 04, 2018
HigherEd:
This is how to honor a man of God! Nigerians should learn how to treat Pastors respectably jare.
Billy Graham was reportedly worth 25 million USD and he also handed his ministry to his son, Franklin. yet his ppl celebrated him. But here jobless ppl go dey track and blame Oyedepo and Adeboye for all their lives problem. Some of the ppl here screaming RIP would be the first to crase because Oyedepo handed over to his Son.
You just typed crap this morning... These men of God in Nigeria you mentioned., how many of them have done evangelism that's effective to the world or even in Nigeria? How many of them don't allow political bigotry? How many of them were so relevant to every coming president? Dyu think that with or without criticisms, if you do the right thing, even your enemies would be at peace with you? It's an insult to mention them near Billy. 76years of Evangelism is no joke. see once these MOGs you mention take up that cloak of evangelism and emphasis on salvation, they would attain that status.

You not seen a situo where terrorists Want to negotiate with an Mog instead of the government? Billy did that. he was that respected....... Abeg talk better thing jare.....

dyu think that 80% of those that attend churches all over Nigeria are genuinely saved or have confessed Christ as Lord and Personal Saviour? parents are churchgoers, then automatically, the kids are cos they become churchgoers too.... that's the error.

Devil's craft of deception is more stronger than his craft for evil........

3 Likes

Re: Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol by jaytime(m): 10:40am On Mar 04, 2018
It doesn't really matter whether he lies in state or in honor. What matters most is lying in the bosom of Abraham. So as long as he makes heaven, I'm cool with it.
Re: Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol by Pentools(m): 10:43am On Mar 04, 2018
Undeniably Daddy Bill as I fondly called him deserves any treat offered for his funeral ...However its quite disheartening that Blacks are still being sidelined, taking a thorough look at the list of those that made it to lying in honor " and "Capitol rotunda"...why is Pst MARTIN LUTHER KING JR's name not there, barefacedly he was deemed rebellious. Its quite crazy though. Rest on in peace Daddy Martin Luther King Jr.

Rip Daddy Bill...

2 Likes

Re: Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol by KingGBsky(m): 10:47am On Mar 04, 2018
Donald Trump made it so.
Rest in peace Sir Billy Graham.

1 Like

Re: Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol by AngelicBeing: 10:51am On Mar 04, 2018
cool
Re: Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol by alanka(f): 11:24am On Mar 04, 2018
Ha ha ha the man that is already crying bitterly in hell fire.

The greatest gift i have received this year is his death.

Ha ha ha i am loving it.

I am not not going to run aroung before i cash up with you. The nature will bring you back to me.

Many of you are 70 and above....ha ha ha anything can happen anytime, whatever that happens would surely favor me.

If you like berry him in presidential palace is soul has commenced everlasting suffering in 3,523 degree S of fire.

Fore are coming soon
Re: Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol by Offpoint: 11:27am On Mar 04, 2018
eagleonearth:
Rest on general

Currently listening to Lecrae ... If this life has anything to gain at all, I count it loss if I can hear you, feel you, cuz i need you, I can't walk this earth alone. I recognize I'm not my own...

I'm singing along bro......

With every breath I take, with every heart beat
Sunrise and the moon lights in the dark street
Every glance, every dance, every note of a song....
Re: Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol by Nobody: 11:36am On Mar 04, 2018
Propene:

In my own honest opinion, everyone should make heaven irrespective of religious belief, provided you are good to others and live right.

But our religious leaders won't agree to this
are you trying to compromise God? Of course u can not.
The truth is that u can maake heaven when u kno christ Jesus,and live right according tohis will.
But can't make heaven when u kno christ and refuse to accept. Him,if u like live 1000% right,hell is ur last breath.

You ar writing like an unbeliever of Christ

#shalom
Re: Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol by orisa37: 11:40am On Mar 04, 2018
All Honors belong to God. Glory be to God in The Highest. May The Soul of Graham REST IN PEACE, HONOR AND GLORY AMEN!!!
Re: Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol by orisa37: 11:51am On Mar 04, 2018
Vox populi vox Dei. And so Gratham was honoured @theRotunda.
Re: Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:57am On Mar 04, 2018
When you are preaching the truth, don't expect to get a burial like this, the world hates the truth, if your 'pastor' is a darling with politicians and the upper echelon, he is a phony, shouldn't be hard to figure out. ''Big money got no soul''
Re: Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol by orisa37: 11:59am On Mar 04, 2018
Call him St. Graham.
Re: Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol by orisa37: 12:02pm On Mar 04, 2018
amiibaby:
Hmmm Will this guarantee automatic ticket to heaven?

Vox populi vox Dei
Re: Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol by HigherEd: 12:03pm On Mar 04, 2018
daveP:
You just typed crap this morning... These men of God in Nigeria you mentioned., how many of them have done evangelism that's effective to the world or even in Nigeria? How many of them don't allow political bigotry? How many of them were so relevant to every coming president? Dyu think that with or without criticisms, if you do the right thing, even your enemies would be at peace with you? It's an insult to mention them near Billy. 76years of Evangelism is no joke. see once these MOGs you mention take up that cloak of evangelism and emphasis on salvation, they would attain that status.

You not seen a situo where terrorists Want to negotiate with an Mog instead of the government? Billy did that. he was that respected....... Abeg talk better thing jare.....

dyu think that 80% of those that attend churches all over Nigeria are genuinely saved or have confessed Christ as Lord and Personal Saviour? parents are churchgoers, then automatically, the kids are cos they become churchgoers too.... that's the error.

Devil's craft of deception is more stronger than his craft for evil........
You've talked like an Ignorant person. One can argue that Adeboye is actually relevant to some degree in the political space. That's undisputable.

You talk about salvation. Do you know how many have giving their lives under ministration of Adeboye. Do you know how many Muslims today are now members of RCCG. Yes i know some. What you are suffering from is intellectual colonialism resulting in collosal inferiority complex.
Lol can you tell me the emphasis of Adeboye, if not for Salvation. You ppl should get sense pls.
Your last paragraph is a load of crap that I don't even know where to begin. There are many genuine Christians in Nigeria who have confessed Jesus and Lord and saviour. The American Christians too are not perfect in many ways just like the Nigerian Christians so just stop that nonsense.
Re: Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol by orisa37: 12:04pm On Mar 04, 2018
blesskewe:
R I H Oya bubu back to daura embarassed embarassed
Kia kia

1 Like

Re: Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol by orisa37: 12:06pm On Mar 04, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:
It pays to serve the living God...

O Yes.
Re: Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol by orisa37: 12:14pm On Mar 04, 2018
yeyerolling:
Awon ti pastopreneur. grin probably being flogged by the angels now grin

He is a Saint now
Re: Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol by dadicvila(m): 12:30pm On Mar 04, 2018
eagleonearth:
Rest on general

Currently listening to Lecrae ... If this life has anything to gain at all, I count it loss if I can hear you, feel you, cuz i need you, I can't walk this earth alone. I recognize I'm not my own...

Kai!!! that song ���....... You just made me cry

1 Like

Re: Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol by mhktaryan: 12:34pm On Mar 04, 2018
Billy Graham- a life poured out
Re: Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol by oyetpel(m): 12:50pm On Mar 04, 2018
safarigirl:
can you compare this shithole to America?

Nobody,living in wealth and affluence in the midst of poverty and penury deserves respect. They should all be treated like scum

Nobody,living in wealth and affluence in the midst of poverty
and penury deserves respect.

I like your precept

1 Like

Re: Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol by tsnsamuel(m): 1:09pm On Mar 04, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
Billy Graham was an Anonymous Christian

Graham expressed inclusivist views, suggesting that people without explicit faith in Jesus can be saved. In a 1997 interview with Robert Schuller , Graham said

I think that everybody that loves or knows Christ, whether they are conscious of it or not, they are members of the body of Christ ... [God] is calling people out of the world for his name, whether they come from the Muslim world, or the Buddhist world or the non-believing world, they are members of the Body of Christ because they have been called by God. They may not know the name of Jesus but they know in their hearts that they need something they do not have, and they turn to the only light they have, and I think that they are saved and they are going to be with us in heaven.

Most Christians would swear that anyone who preaches this kind of message would never make heaven but these same Christians say that Billy Graham is in heaven

He was a great man of God no doubt, but all his anointing didn't make him less human nor does it make him God, the bible says "New International Version
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved" Acts 4:12 and also Romans 10:9 says "If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved". John 3:16-18 also.

Any other opinion(Billy Graham's or anyone) different from what the bible teaches is null and void

1 Like

Re: Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 04, 2018
yeyerolling:
Awon ti pastopreneur. grin probably being flogged by the angels now grin
must you comment
Re: Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol by toniacan(f): 1:33pm On Mar 04, 2018
O precious in the eyes of the Lord is the death of His faithful.
Re: Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol by Preshob(m): 1:44pm On Mar 04, 2018
Fourth non-government official(private individual)
Re: Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol by ayagha: 1:51pm On Mar 04, 2018
HigherEd:

churches shouldn't be inherited, it's bad practice copied from American evangelicals.Its totally wrong
Re: Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol by eagleonearth(m): 1:53pm On Mar 04, 2018
Offpoint:

I'm singing along bro......

With every breath I take, with every heart beat
Sunrise and the moon lights in the dark street
Every glance, every dance, every note of a song....
Lecrae is my man. Ride on blood.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Your Baby Is A Snake" - Delta Pastor Tells Woman As She Dumps Her Baby (Pics) / Christian Songs We Might Have Been Singing Wrongly / Adeboye Is Not Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.