Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9+ Camera Dual Aperture Explained - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9+ Camera Dual Aperture Explained (1170 Views)

Lg Set To Launch The Lg V40 Thinq To Rival The Samsung Galaxy S9/s9 Plus. / Samsung Galaxy S9 & S9 Plus Price Leaks / Galaxy S9 Price, Release Date And Specs: Samsung Confirms Mwc Launch For S9, S9+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9+ Camera Dual Aperture Explained by Mastarcard: 5:06pm On Feb 28, 2018
The Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ camera has dual aperture f/1.5 and f/2.4

1.5 and 2.5 is the value of the fstop.

The lower the value of the fstop the wider the aperture.

Wider aperture means more light can get into the image sensor of the camera.

And the smaller the aperture means less light would get into the sensor of the camera.

So in the S9 and S9+ it uses f/2.5 (smalller aperture) when it’s day time so little light can go into the sensor and at night or low light conditions it changes to f/1.5 (wider aperture) to allow more light in so your image can look great in the dark.

Watch my video where I explained, also subscribe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOZPAc1nY0E

Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9+ Camera Dual Aperture Explained by Mastarcard: 5:09pm On Feb 28, 2018
Lens images

Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9+ Camera Dual Aperture Explained by Mastarcard: 4:51pm On Mar 01, 2018
Would you buy it because of the camera ?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9+ Camera Dual Aperture Explained by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 01, 2018
So Samsung took the s8, moved the finger print sensor below the camera, and added some modifications to the camera and called it s9? They should have totally skipped the s9 if they couldn't come up with something new. Why get an s9 if you have an s8? Because of a slow motion camera you probably will never use angry

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9+ Camera Dual Aperture Explained by Mastarcard: 8:27pm On Mar 01, 2018
grossintel:
So Samsung took the s8, moved the finger print sensor below the camera, and added some modifications to the camera and called it s9? They should have totally skipped the s9 if they couldn't come up with something new. Why get an s9 if you have an s8? Because of a slow motion camera you probably will never use angry

lool.. one of the best analogies i have seen.. very apt grin grin
Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9+ Camera Dual Aperture Explained by jetz(m): 8:57pm On Mar 01, 2018
yeah that's exactly how it works cool detailed explanation
Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9+ Camera Dual Aperture Explained by Mastarcard: 11:22am On Mar 03, 2018
jetz:
yeah that's exactly how it works cool detailed explanation

Thanks
Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9+ Camera Dual Aperture Explained by tempel(m): 12:34pm On Mar 03, 2018
Give me viable diff between s9+ and my s8+, then I'll go for it.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9+ Camera Dual Aperture Explained by infj: 12:43pm On Mar 03, 2018
tempel:
Give me viable diff between s9+ and my s8+, then I'll go for it.

If you think it's worth it, there's difference.

The fingerprint sensor which alot of reviews(blogs and youtubers) complained about now moved below the camera.
AR emoji creates you in emoji like picture)
Camera
Slow Mo video

You can get more reviews by waiting for month by then alot of reviews would be out cos reviews available now are 'out of the box reviews'
Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9+ Camera Dual Aperture Explained by Mastarcard: 10:49am On Mar 05, 2018
infj:

If you think it's worth it, there's difference.

The fingerprint sensor which alot of reviews(blogs and youtubers) complained about now moved below the camera.
AR emoji creates you in emoji like picture)
Camera
Slow Mo video

You can get more reviews by waiting for month by then alot of reviews would be out cos reviews available now are 'out of the box reviews'

I agree with you. It comes down to personal preference

(1) (Reply)

Is This A Scam By Glo / Iphone 6s SIM Not Recognize Problem Pls Help / Phone Under 20000 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.