Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd - Pets (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd (147743 Views)

Diary Of Boomer The Boerboel / Bella And Sparo The Boerboel / My Boerboel And Neapolitan Mastiff All Grown And Sexy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Spanishmilf(m): 3:04pm On Oct 29, 2019
vincentjk:

Why don't you want to go for another boerboel?

When you get a vicious one you'll enjoy it because they look intimidating, pits and most gsds aren't intimidating-looking. Hope you understand what I mean
oh okay
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Spanishmilf(m): 3:04pm On Oct 29, 2019
vincentjk:

Why don't you want to go for another boerboel?

When you get a vicious one you'll enjoy it because they look intimidating, pits and most gsds aren't intimidating-looking. Hope you understand what I mean
im getting d pit for 35k grin
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by IamAnderson(m): 3:10pm On Oct 29, 2019
vincentjk:

Just augusto lol... Is it too much?

I'm bothered because he no longer eats lunch, there's nobody home to serve him so he only gets breakfast and dinner when I'm back from work embarassed
not at all, I was spending more when Roscoe was a puppy cheesy
he used to eat 4 times a day.
now he's an adult I spend at at least 12k on his indomie,chicken,fish, bones and eggs monthly
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by IamAnderson(m): 3:10pm On Oct 29, 2019
Spanishmilf:
is its someone you know? they are usually more expensive than that
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 3:18pm On Oct 29, 2019
IamAnderson:

now he's an adult I spend at at least 12k on his indomie,chicken,fish, bones and eggs monthly

It's a good thing. Anything for our four-legged friends

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 3:20pm On Oct 29, 2019
Spanishmilf:

The big one you posted or a pup from them, which one?
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Spanishmilf(m): 4:07pm On Oct 29, 2019
vincentjk:

The big one you posted or a pup from them, which one?
the pup
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Spanishmilf(m): 4:08pm On Oct 29, 2019
IamAnderson:

is its someone you know?
they are usually more expensive than that
12pup so buyer is scarce
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by agboedeh: 6:02pm On Oct 29, 2019
IamAnderson:

I thought ur dog didn't do well on indomie..wat changed?
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by agboedeh: 6:06pm On Oct 29, 2019
Spanishmilf:
my dad only likes gsd... Nothing buy gsd the first money ha gave me, e told me to buy gsd i bought a bb
This is d 2nd time he is telling me to buy gsd and for ny area where i dey my e neigbiurs get gsd if light no dey we no go quick sleep because those bark loves barking and whining.....
Gsd's are not noise makers. They only become one if they don't get enough exercise.
Their energy level is over the roof and can only become destructive and loud if not properly worked.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Spanishmilf(m): 6:31pm On Oct 29, 2019
agboedeh:
Gsd's are not noise makers. They only become one if they don't get enough exercise.
Their energy level is over the roof and can only become destructive and loud if not properly worked.
My previous gsd i walk him 30min 3 to 4 weeks in a week... But when i wsnt to sleep at night or early in the morning that when barking spirit usually descend on d dog

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by agboedeh: 6:51pm On Oct 29, 2019
Spanishmilf:
My previous gsd i walk him 30min 3 to 4 weeks in a week... But when i wsnt to sleep at night or early in the morning that when barking spirit usually descend on d dog
3 to 4 times in a week is not exercise, its warming up..lol
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by IamAnderson(m): 7:02am On Oct 30, 2019
agboedeh:
I thought ur dog didn't do well on indomie..wat changed?
yeah I was reluctant to try it again because when he was younger it used to give him bad stools, I even fed him indomie for weeks and the stooling didn't become better so I dumped it.
I bought a little bag of it and tried it again about a month ago and it was okay with him, since then that's what he has been eating (along with rice).
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 10:52am On Oct 30, 2019
Spanishmilf:

This exercise isn't even enough for a regular dog talk more of a gsd
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Toju200(m): 11:36am On Oct 30, 2019
vincentjk:

As long as I'm around.I carry Spark and Rico to the Sand beach close to my house for good running around and exercise..I don't want him to lazy.. cheesy Everyday I do this.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 12:38pm On Oct 30, 2019
Toju200:
As long as I'm around.I carry Spark and Rico to the Sand beach close to my house for good running around and exercise..I don't want him to lazy.. cheesy Everyday I do this.

Really! You didn't take pictures to show us why bro?
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Toju200(m): 12:41pm On Oct 30, 2019
vincentjk:

Really! You didn't take pictures to show us why bro?
grin I donno why my phone can't upload pics on Nairaland.i do use my sis phone.Check my thread na u will see some.But if u want the video give me ur WhatsApp number lemme forward it to you.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by space9880: 12:53pm On Oct 30, 2019
vincentjk:

Thanks for the compliment brother

Well when going for a security dog one thing we should consider is the line. We all know that rotts and Caucasians are very security conscious dogs but I've seen posts made by few people complaining that their rotts/Caucasian don't bark and all that.

This is what you'll do, start searching for a breeder with good stock. I mean a breeder who got dogs with good guard instincts then contact him, agree a specific price with him then sit back and either wait for the mating to be done, for the bitch to whelp or for the pups to mature before pickup time. Use this medium to work and save up some cash for the pup. The aim is to go for a good pup

I'd advice you to go for a gsd for easier bonding, good drive and training but if you'd like a pit then fine. A friend of mine would be breeding his female pit this winter, both his bitch and the stud to be used posses strong guard instinct which is a good thing. if you don't consider a gsd as i suggested but a pit then I'll help you get a good one with human aggression

One mistake you shouldn't make is going for a pure American pitbull terrier because they're specially bred and programmed-like to have zer0 human aggression but deadly to other animals and dogs, this type won't do any harm to a stranger even if he jumps your fence. I'm not guessing this rather this is the truth about a pure bred apbt.

So what's your stand bro? Have you got fresh pictures of your 6month old boerboel? I'd like to see some!
bros na harmattan not winter grin
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by space9880: 12:56pm On Oct 30, 2019
IamAnderson:

you can try a different breed then cheesy
I also don't particularly like gsds, don't get me wrong I love all breeds and I have a soft spot for all of them but gsds bark too much and they are too clingy, most of the time they are pushovers too, I like dogs with strong will grin
I don't know if clingier is correct but I haven't seen a dog clingier than a Dobberman grin my only problem with GSD is that they don't get tired my GSD was always ready there was a day we went for a 6KM jog when we came back I thought she would be calm and relax but I was wrong she starting her unnecessary barking almost immediately
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by IamAnderson(m): 6:34pm On Oct 30, 2019
vincentjk:

I walk Roscoe at least 4 days a week for an hour.
apart from that, he's free 24/7 to play,run and hump everyone(which he does daily)
do you think that's enough exercise?
that's all I can offer lol

last time I walked him for 30mins was when he was an adolescent, since adulthood his walks are always an hour long except we're just strolling
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 9:03pm On Oct 30, 2019
Toju200:

That's nice to hear, keep it up bro
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 9:05pm On Oct 30, 2019
Toju200:
grin I donno why my phone can't upload pics on Nairaland.i do use my sis phone.Check my thread na u will see some.But if u want the video give me ur WhatsApp number lemme forward it to you.

The pix aren't uploading because they're more than 4mb in size, compress and reupload them and see
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 9:06pm On Oct 30, 2019
space9880:
bros na harmattan not winter grin

Yes sir cheesy

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 9:08pm On Oct 30, 2019
IamAnderson:

I walk Roscoe at least 4 days a week for an hour.
apart from that, he's free 24/7 to play,run and hump everyone(which he does daily)
do you think that's enough exercise?
that's all I can offer lol

last time I walked him for 30mins was when he was an adolescent, since adulthood his walks are always an hour long except we're just strolling

You invest real time on that dude no wonder he looks that fresh wink

Never seen a Caucasian with such coat before
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by IamAnderson(m): 10:14pm On Oct 30, 2019
vincentjk:

You invest real time on that dude no wonder he looks that fresh wink

Never seen a Caucasian with such coat before
lmao he's basically my son cheesy
I raised him since he was still tripping over his feet so i had to carry him sometimes when he was a 4 week old pup alone without littermates till he grew up to an adult dog, I also thought him every thing he knows so I'm really attached grin

and the grooming is done by me so I appreciate the compliments wink
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Toju200(m): 6:10am On Oct 31, 2019
vincentjk:

The pix aren't uploading because they're more than 4mb in size, compress and reupload them and see
The pics size are not even up to 2mb.my phone just can't.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 9:12am On Oct 31, 2019
IamAnderson:

lmao he's basically my son cheesy
I raised him since he was still tripping over his feet so i had to carry him sometimes when he was a 4 week old pup alone without littermates till he grew up to an adult dog, I also thought him every thing he knows so I'm really attached grin

and the grooming is done by me so I appreciate the compliments wink

Lols you sound funny but true

I like how he looks, height, weight and length are perfect although he's not among the purest Caucasians around but looks healthier than most

We should strive for a balanced and healthy dog and not obessed/fat ones. Health is life

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 9:14am On Oct 31, 2019
Toju200:
The pics size are not even up to 2mb.my phone just can't.

Maybe the fault is from your phone, try using another phone to upload and see
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Toju200(m): 9:53am On Oct 31, 2019
vincentjk:

Maybe the fault is from your phone, try using another phone to upload and see
yeah I do use my sis phone..I just came back from the beach with them this morning..Sorry only videos I could get grin
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by fowlyansh181(m): 10:12pm On Oct 31, 2019
vincentjk:

Thanks for the compliment brother

Well when going for a security dog one thing we should consider is the line. We all know that rotts and Caucasians are very security conscious dogs but I've seen posts made by few people complaining that their rotts/Caucasian don't bark and all that.

This is what you'll do, start searching for a breeder with good stock. I mean a breeder who got dogs with good guard instincts then contact him, agree a specific price with him then sit back and either wait for the mating to be done, for the bitch to whelp or for the pups to mature before pickup time. Use this medium to work and save up some cash for the pup. The aim is to go for a good pup

I'd advice you to go for a gsd for easier bonding, good drive and training but if you'd like a pit then fine. A friend of mine would be breeding his female pit this winter, both his bitch and the stud to be used posses strong guard instinct which is a good thing. if you don't consider a gsd as i suggested but a pit then I'll help you get a good one with human aggression

One mistake you shouldn't make is going for a pure American pitbull terrier because they're specially bred and programmed-like to have zer0 human aggression but deadly to other animals and dogs, this type won't do any harm to a stranger even if he jumps your fence. I'm not guessing this rather this is the truth about a pure bred apbt.

So what's your stand bro? Have you got fresh pictures of your 6month old boerboel? I'd like to see some!
rotts , yes, caucasians? Nah.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by IamAnderson(m): 10:31pm On Oct 31, 2019
fowlyansh181:
rotts , yes, caucasians? Nah.
what makes you say that? do you think Caucasians are pet dogs?
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by fowlyansh181(m): 10:32pm On Oct 31, 2019
IamAnderson:

what makes you say that?
do you think Caucasians are pet dogs?
i have a pedigree Caucasian..

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (50) (Reply)

How To Make Your Dog More Aggressive / Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.