₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,184,778 members, 4,763,674 topics. Date: Saturday, 16 February 2019 at 06:30 PM

Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill (32149 Views)

NOUN Law Graduates Praise Buhari For Assenting To Amendment Act‎ / 2019 Presidency:why Madam Oby, Sowore, Moghalu,others Should Support Pt's Hashim / Type Of Candidates Nigerians Should Support In 2019– Catholic Caritas Foundation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by khalidx: 1:51pm On Mar 01, 2018
The latest news in town now is president buhari denying his assent to the Peace Corps bill, it was greeted with mixed reaction from the general public.



but One thing I have noticed is that those who accepted that i was in the best interest of the country are more than the opposing side...

Let me sight this few reasons why they aren't in our interest..


1) Nigeria spend over 70% of its budget on recurrent [/b]expenditure leaving less than 30% for capital project, if we continue like this do you think if we continue like this we will have the Nigeria of our dreams?? Payment of salaries have always been a burden to the Fg adding another burden to it under the guise of employment is not right it will only be a bulwark to Nigeria's development. Why can't we utilize our meager resources to better things instead of creating another agency with no specific work.

[b]2) Too many para military

Nigeria has more than 3 para military already all bearing arms, and doing there jobs effectively coupled with there problems. Approving the Peace Corps will just be another way for the corrupt Oga's at the top of siphoning our money.

3) overzealous and corruption we all know how our police, Army and other Armed Forces misuse power in the past and even presently, an NGO who is just starting it course is already hood winking gullible Nigerians,collecting money from volunteers.
What will be our faith. In the street you will see a Peace Corps volunteer asking you do you know me?? All those doesn't make sense.. instead of another para-millitary why can't we channel the resources to our police who is over stressed and better equip them with modern wares..

85 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by kurt09(m): 1:55pm On Mar 01, 2018
khalidx:
The latest news in town now is president buhari denying his assent to the Peace Corps bill, it was greeted with mixed reaction from the general public.



but One thing I have noticed is that those who accepted that i was in the best interest of the country are more than the opposing side...

Let me sight this few reasons why they aren't in our interest..


1) Nigeria spend over 70% of its budget on recurrent [/b]expenditure leaving less than 30% for capital project, if we continue like this do you think if we continue like this we will have the Nigeria of our dreams?? Payment of salaries have always been a burden to the Fg adding another burden to it under the guise of employment is not right it will only be a bulwark to Nigeria's development. Why can't we utilize our meager resources to better things instead of creating another agency with no specific work.

[b]2) Too many para military

Nigeria has more than 3 para military already all bearing arms, and doing there jobs effectively coupled with there problems. Approving the Peace Corps will just be another way for the corrupt Oga's at the top of siphoning our money.

3) overzealous and corruption we all know how our police, Army and other Armed Forces misuse power in the past and even presently, an NGO who is just starting it course is already hood winking gullible Nigerians,collecting money from volunteers.
What will be our faith. In the street you will see a Peace Corps volunteer asking you do you know me?? All those doesn't make sense.. instead of another para-millitary why can't we channel the resources to our police who is over stressed and better equip them with modern wares..
God bless you. lalasticlala

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by stefanweeks: 2:25pm On Mar 01, 2018
I support

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by afbstrategies: 2:25pm On Mar 01, 2018
Support who?

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by PastorLucifer: 2:25pm On Mar 01, 2018
khalidx:
The latest news in town now is president buhari denying his assent to the Peace Corps bill, it was greeted with mixed reaction from the general public.



but One thing I have noticed is that those who accepted that i was in the best interest of the country are more than the opposing side...

Let me sight this few reasons why they aren't in our interest..


1) Nigeria spend over 70% of its budget on recurrent [/b]expenditure leaving less than 30% for capital project, if we continue like this do you think if we continue like this we will have the Nigeria of our dreams?? Payment of salaries have always been a burden to the Fg adding another burden to it under the guise of employment is not right it will only be a bulwark to Nigeria's development. Why can't we utilize our meager resources to better things instead of creating another agency with no specific work.

[b]2) Too many para military

Nigeria has more than 3 para military already all bearing arms, and doing there jobs effectively coupled with there problems. Approving the Peace Corps will just be another way for the corrupt Oga's at the top of siphoning our money.

3) overzealous and corruption we all know how our police, Army and other Armed Forces misuse power in the past and even presently, an NGO who is just starting it course is already hood winking gullible Nigerians,collecting money from volunteers.
What will be our faith. In the street you will see a Peace Corps volunteer asking you do you know me?? All those doesn't make sense.. instead of another para-millitary why can't we channel the resources to our police who is over stressed and better equip them with modern wares..

24 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by davidodiba: 2:25pm On Mar 01, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by Samusu(m): 2:26pm On Mar 01, 2018
I concur. Sai Baba

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by fergusen(m): 2:26pm On Mar 01, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by osemoses1234(m): 2:26pm On Mar 01, 2018
Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by spartan50(m): 2:26pm On Mar 01, 2018
I support you 100 percent..

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by lawalosky(m): 2:26pm On Mar 01, 2018
op! you got it absolutely right!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by muhammed50(m): 2:27pm On Mar 01, 2018
Sensible words from a sensible head! #say_no_to_peace_corps

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by hermosa7: 2:27pm On Mar 01, 2018
The president almost always does the sensible thing. This is why he is better than your average politician out there.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by olaolulazio(m): 2:27pm On Mar 01, 2018
Ur sense is working OP.


More sense fall on u and remember to vote for Buhari again...

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by marvin906(m): 2:27pm On Mar 01, 2018
honestly speaking we haven't checkmated the ones we have on ground..
we wan add another security
e good undecided undecided
wen they start to act like sars
una go start another stupid campaign abi undecided undecided

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by Olusegunjaye(m): 2:28pm On Mar 01, 2018
You people should look at it from another angle, cut down the senators budget and implement this program. People don't have jobs really. I feel for them. if you want peace, be prepared for war.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by eleojo23: 2:28pm On Mar 01, 2018
The government has a point on this one.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by mazimee(m): 2:28pm On Mar 01, 2018
I agree, but he will not earn my vote last last sad angry

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by KENZINCO(m): 2:29pm On Mar 01, 2018
This is the only decision in my life that I have supported Buhari on. But that doesn't mean I will vote for him in 2019

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by zicoraads: 2:29pm On Mar 01, 2018
Refusing to assent to it was the best decision ever. Sometimes I wonder how some of our leaders think. Why did the National Assembly approve of it in the first place?

Instead strengthen the already existing ones while adding more officers to the ones we already have.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by Aniedi30(m): 2:29pm On Mar 01, 2018
Should I say I agree with dis but come to think of it if Peace Corps comes had with police yahoo boys their own don finish and some idiots go dey come ask me of car particulars ....abeg there should better equipped all the citizens make we be our own saviour

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by Kobicove(m): 2:30pm On Mar 01, 2018
I stand with the president on this one...

We do not need an additional redundant paramilitary agency to start bleeding the government dry!

Meanwhile, #Back2Daura2019# is still loading grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by matotoide(m): 2:30pm On Mar 01, 2018
I agree with the president on this.

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by Oluwambo147(m): 2:31pm On Mar 01, 2018
Na misplaced priority seh we no need am but I'm not supporting bubu o

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by somehow: 2:31pm On Mar 01, 2018
The so called "peach corp" should join any of the 3 official military arms if they actually have passion for security.

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 01, 2018
Good


Check my siggi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by Mekus68: 2:35pm On Mar 01, 2018
Op, when Buhari, during his campaign, promised to create millions of jobs for the unemployed youths, where ware you & him expecting their salaries to come from.


You fulani slaves better stop talking from both sides of your mouth.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by Alexk2(m): 2:36pm On Mar 01, 2018
I totally and ompletely support the president on this one. All the aguements presented in support of this bill are baseless and very sentimental. The question we should ask ourselve is; how will Peace Corps help in resolving the security challenge? How is it any different fronm cdcdss?
strengthening and restructuring the police is the way forward instead of bringing a new problem on board.
To those who have been exploited in the name of peace corps I say sowi...next time, be wise.

6 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by Realdeals(m): 2:36pm On Mar 01, 2018
No sane President will sign the Peace Corp bill.

6 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by Bari22(m): 2:37pm On Mar 01, 2018
I stand with Buhari

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by alenwup(m): 2:38pm On Mar 01, 2018
zicoraads:
Refusing to assent to it was the best decision ever. Sometimes I wonder how some of our leaders think. Why did the National Assembly approve of it in the first place?

Instead strengthen the already existing ones while adding more officers to the ones we already have.
You mean you don't know how they approved the bill? The stooges were heavily bribed. Quote me

8 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by asawanathegreat(m): 2:41pm On Mar 01, 2018
Peace Corp should join civil defense let Bubu rest, they work 4 free bcox no money in naija treasury

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu / Jimoh Ibrahim Replies Nigerians Bashing Him "You people don't have any respect" / Prof Yemi Osinbajo Clears The Air On Alleged Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.