Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,274 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Good Men Are Poor - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Good Men Are Poor (1689 Views)

Good Men Marry Bad Girls, Bad Girls Marry Good Men / ‘Good Men Still Exist, They Are Only Ugly’ – Lady Says / Being Broke At 25 Means You Are Poor - Lady Says. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Men Are Poor by donstefano8(m): 2:02pm On Mar 01, 2018
GOOD MEN ARE POOR!
Some ladies today do not want to work on any marriage. They want a ready made man who will take away all their poverty in a day. They secretly pray for a man working in an oil company or is a successful business man, earn in at least six figures, has a company car or his own personal posh car and lives in a duplex at minimum, at worst, 3 bedroom flat.
Now listen young lady, the good man you want is not in that category! What? Yes! That man who will give you the love, affection and respect you truly deserve doesn't usually come with a posh car! He comes with his vision, struggling to find his feet and hoping with your help, he will make something great out of his life.

Here are the reasons you should think twice before marrying a ready-made man.That man has made it without you. You are nothing but a piece of property to him. He knows your greed. He knows you don't really love him, if you do, you wouldn't be attracted to his success first. Men are not daft. They know when a lady wants them for their money and nothing else. He has listened carefully to your conversation. He knows you have nothing sensible to add to his life except collect his money and show off. He knows your respect is fake, it is due to the money he gives you and when the money is gone so will your respect. So he keeps working hard to feed your greed, never having time for you and the children. He shouts you down when you talk because you do not have solution to his problems, you rather create more. He believes you are a dummy upstairs. He only married you because you are beautiful, wants you to be his permanent sexual partner and raise his children, no more. Your emotional needs and problems are not his concern.
All you need is money and he has given you in abundance. Many women are weeping daily in such marriages! Their greed and lust for money has put them in a permanent dungeon of pain, regret and sorrow!
These women had opportunities to pick the right men for their lives but they were too proud, too selective, too pompous to pick a man they will start life with. Better marry a man who sees you as his mate than a piece of property! Marry someone who sees you as his friend. Marry someone who values your words and respects you becuse you add value to his life. Marry someone at your level. Don't look for someone beyond your reach. Marry a man who will listen to you, value you, respect you and let you contribute to his life.

A virtous woman is not indolent. She is not lazying around looking for who to rescue her. She is smart, sharp, intelligent, hardworking, generous and a great contributor to her man's success.
Don't be a liability. Be a blessing. Be a hardworker. Let God direct you to your man. Stand by him, work with him, encourage him, motivate him, pray for him and be a part of his success. When he becomes great and successful, he will give you all the honour, respect and love you deserve because he knows you were in his life to give and not just to take. Without you by his side, he wouldn't have become so wealthy and successful. He knows you are the reason behind his smile. You are his gold and he would never let you go. Behind every successful man, is a virtous woman and that virtous woman is you! God bless you. Cheers.
© Seun Oladele, 2017.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good Men Are Poor by MissRaine69(f): 4:05pm On Mar 01, 2018
donstefano8:
GOOD MEN ARE POOR!
Some ladies today do not want to work on any marriage. They want a ready made man who will take away all their poverty in a day. They secretly pray for a man working in an oil company or is a successful business man, earn in at least six figures, has a company car or his own personal posh car and lives in a duplex at minimum, at worst, 3 bedroom flat.
Now listen young lady, the good man you want is not in that category! What? Yes! That man who will give you the love, affection and respect you truly deserve doesn't usually come with a posh car! He comes with his vision, struggling to find his feet and hoping with your help, he will make something great out of his life.

Here are the reasons you should think twice before marrying a ready-made man.That man has made it without you. You are nothing but a piece of property to him. He knows your greed. He knows you don't really love him, if you do, you wouldn't be attracted to his success first. Men are not daft. They know when a lady wants them for their money and nothing else. He has listened carefully to your conversation. He knows you have nothing sensible to add to his life except collect his money and show off. He knows your respect is fake, it is due to the money he gives you and when the money is gone so will your respect. So he keeps working hard to feed your greed, never having time for you and the children. He shouts you down when you talk because you do not have solution to his problems, you rather create more. He believes you are a dummy upstairs. He only married you because you are beautiful, wants you to be his permanent sexual partner and raise his children, no more. Your emotional needs and problems are not his concern.
All you need is money and he has given you in abundance. Many women are weeping daily in such marriages! Their greed and lust for money has put them in a permanent dungeon of pain, regret and sorrow!
These women had opportunities to pick the right men for their lives but they were too proud, too selective, too pompous to pick a man they will start life with. Better marry a man who sees you as his mate than a piece of property! Marry someone who sees you as his friend. Marry someone who values your words and respects you becuse you add value to his life. Marry someone at your level. Don't look for someone beyond your reach. Marry a man who will listen to you, value you, respect you and let you contribute to his life.

A virtous woman is not indolent. She is not lazying around looking for who to rescue her. She is smart, sharp, intelligent, hardworking, generous and a great contributor to her man's success.
Don't be a liability. Be a blessing. Be a hardworker. Let God direct you to your man. Stand by him, work with him, encourage him, motivate him, pray for him and be a part of his success. When he becomes great and successful, he will give you all the honour, respect and love you deserve because he knows you were in his life to give and not just to take. Without you by his side, he wouldn't have become so wealthy and successful. He knows you are the reason behind his smile. You are his gold and he would never let you go. Behind every successful man, is a virtous woman and that virtous woman is you! God bless you. Cheers.
© Seun Oladele, 2017.

The ability to have foresight is something that a woman just does not have has it’s also cultivated into her as well. There are women who are in love with the idea of living well, being financially buoyant but not so much with the actual practical process of getting there.

That said if you are a made man and you worked hard to get where you are, why are you not marrying your equal? Why are you opting to marry a woman who brings nothing to the table? Is it because she is easier to subjugate?

Life is a gamble nothing is guaranteed. That poor man who has a vision, dreams ambitions he might or might not make it despite your best efforts. Some men are very good at weaving dreams and plans and scheme and not very good and executing them so what do you do as a supportive woman? Bear the constant disappointment of supporting someone who never fulfils their potential?

The concept of being your own person first is something that was instilled in me by both parents. If you are your own person that gives you choice and security.

2 Likes

Re: Good Men Are Poor by captainbangz: 4:08pm On Mar 01, 2018
OP, ITS PORSCHE AND NOT POSH. NICE PIECE THO...
Re: Good Men Are Poor by Liliyann(f): 4:10pm On Mar 01, 2018
I know some men that actually prefer their women not to work,they believe its the best and there is nothing bad in it.

2 Likes

Re: Good Men Are Poor by Oladimejyy(m): 5:16pm On Mar 01, 2018
tongue shocked smiley wink cheesy shocked lipsrsealed embarassed undecided lipsrsealed

Re: Good Men Are Poor by LordKO(m): 5:27pm On Mar 01, 2018
@Op

Your postulation is a misconception that emanated from mental parochialism. For all I care and know, financial stratum doesn't define a man's ethical leanings. So, this erroneous postulation of equating a financial poor man to goodness and a financial emancipated man to evil is balderdash.

1 Like

Re: Good Men Are Poor by xendra: 9:05pm On Mar 01, 2018
smiley smiley na lies when poor men take dey tie women down be this, a man will treat you the way he has trained himself to treat his woman, rich or poor he is who he has trained himself to be. the rest na story.

1 Like

Re: Good Men Are Poor by Adamummya(f): 9:33pm On Mar 01, 2018
When the good poor man becomes rich, we'll know if his goodness is genuine

2 Likes

Re: Good Men Are Poor by Sierusvirus(m): 6:18am On Mar 02, 2018
donstefano8:
GOOD MEN ARE POOR!

© Seun Oladele, 2017.
Nice write up
Re: Good Men Are Poor by XhosaNostra(f): 6:38am On Mar 02, 2018
Lol @ good men are poor. Until they become rich, then they drop the "good" act.
It could go either way, really. Some men can be ungrateful.
Betty Broderick worked 3 jobs to send her husband to law school. Years down the line he became a lawyer & was earning millions. How did he repay her? He had an affair with his secretary, divorced Betty & married his mistress. How did Betty react to this? She shot & killed both of them in their mansion.

The moral of this story: The one you help or support today, COULD forget everything you ever did for them once they make it big. Think carefully before investing in someone because they MAY not be as grateful in the end. Leave room for disappointment & don't have too many expectations. People will shock & humble you.

I'd rather have a ready-made man than be double crossed by a traitor.

I would kill him too grin

3 Likes

Re: Good Men Are Poor by Lionessza(f): 7:24am On Mar 02, 2018
XhosaNostra:
Lol @ good men are poor. Until they become rich, then they drop the "good" act.
It could go either way, really. Some men can be ungrateful.
Betty Broderick worked 3 jobs to send her husband to law school. Years down the line he became a lawyer & was earning millions. How did he repay her? He had an affair with his secretary, divorced Betty & married his mistress. How did Betty react to this? She shot & killed both of them in their mansion.

The moral of this story: The one you help or support today, COULD forget everything you ever did for them once they make it big. Think carefully before investing in someone because they MAY not be as grateful in the end. Leave room for disappointment & don't have too many expectations. People will shock & humble you.

I'd rather have a ready-made man than be double crossed by a traitor.

I would kill him too grin

When I watched that story I got so worked up as if it was someone I knew lol. Imagine the sacrifices she made, only for him to "suddenly " realize he deserved "better". It's such a pity she was jailed, for doing the right thing lol.

1 Like

Re: Good Men Are Poor by XhosaNostra(f): 7:33am On Mar 02, 2018
Lionessza:

When I watched that story I got so worked as if it was someone I knew lol. Imagine the sacrifices she made, only for him to "suddenly " realize he deserved "better". It's such a pity she was jailed, for doing the right thing lol.

IKR! I feel so sorry for her. You remember the part where he sat her down & told her about all the things the mistress was better than Betty at? She actually took a notepad & made notes, to better herself! I was furious lol.
Her parole has be denied several times because she refuses to apologize for the murders. Go Betty!

1 Like

Re: Good Men Are Poor by Lionessza(f): 7:47am On Mar 02, 2018
Building something with someone from the ground up , can be satisfying at the end. I mean , you both feel like you contributed your qouta into the " success " you guys have. Not all women who marry "made men" are yes Sir! Wives , btw. I would agree, most are though. Let's also not kid ourselves about the poor man. In many cases women do take this guy and work with him , give him children and suffer unfotold hardships with him. But when they get to the promised land, more often than not the poor guy will now see himself as more deserving of someone else , who is hotter , younger etc. So either way , the woman ends up being the miserable one . So you can't blame the women who don't want the poor guy , he is actually the rich guy (with empty pockets though ) which humbles him. Fill up a man's pockets and he will show you who he really is. I don't trust poor men grin.

2 Likes

Re: Good Men Are Poor by Lionessza(f): 7:55am On Mar 02, 2018
XhosaNostra:

IKR! I feel so sorry for her. You remember the part where he sat her down & told her about all the things the mistress was better than Betty at? She actually took a notepad & made notes, to better herself! I was furious lol.
Her parole has be denied several times because she refuses to apologize for the murders. Go Betty!

Yho! The part about the notes almost made me cry , imagine !. That guy really deserved what he got , he took it too far, you don't emotionally torment a person who has given their all to you and expect it to end well . In most cases it ends with one or two bodies dropping.

Good!.

1 Like

Re: Good Men Are Poor by XhosaNostra(f): 8:00am On Mar 02, 2018
Lionessza:

Yho! The part about the notes almost made me cry , imagine !. That guy really deserved what he got , he took it too far, you don't emotionally torment a person who had given their all to you and expect it to end well . In most cases it ends with one or two bodies dropping.

Good!.

Exactly! The new wife also didn't help matters. She left Betty messages, gloating. At one point she even sent her weight loss pills through the mail! They messed with the wrong bìtch. Smell the gunpowder, cunt! grin

1 Like

Re: Good Men Are Poor by Lionessza(f): 8:13am On Mar 02, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Exactly! The new wife also didn't help matters. She left Betty messages, gloating. At one point she even sent her weight loss pills through the mail! They messed with the wrong, bìtch. Smell the gunpowder, cunt! grin

Girl! I seriously don't blame her. I wonder if she has a relationship with her kids coz that was the saddest part about this type of ending. The kids lost both parents .

1 Like

Re: Good Men Are Poor by XhosaNostra(f): 8:16am On Mar 02, 2018
Lionessza:

Girl! I seriously don't blame her. I wonder if she has a relationship with her kids coz that was the saddest part about this type of ending. The kids lost both parents .

Ja ne. Sigh. I'm not sure, hey. One of her kids wrote a book about her though. It wasn't portraying her in a bad light, so perhaps there's a relationship there.

1 Like

Re: Good Men Are Poor by Lionessza(f): 8:22am On Mar 02, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Ja ne. Sigh. I'm not sure, hey. One of her kids wrote a book about her though. It wasn't portraying her in a bad light, so perhaps there's a relationship there.

Sure , that would be better.

1 Like

Re: Good Men Are Poor by victorian(f): 8:42am On Mar 02, 2018
Op, look instead of complaining that women prefer men who has money or men who are comfortable. It is normal. There is nothing bad in it. And I bet you, not all the rich men treat their wives badly because the wives have nothing when she came into their lives.. It's only naturally bad and vindictive man that will treat his wife shabbily because she married due to comfort.

Guy, lemme tell you something. Am a female Very pretty one at that, I started from scratch. School and all. After my Nysc service I realise guy don't take women who do not have jobs serious. So placed a pause button on dating any guy and focused on making it. That's me a woman o. I trippled my hustles like a man and I made it. Will I now say, I will treat any man who I marry, badly and like he doesn't exist because he's with me for money?

My dear I won't. Everyone has the choice to live comfortably in marriage. And moreover am not that wicked and vindictive to teach the man I claim to love and spend my life with disdain because I feel he's with me cause of money.

When one is a good person. You will be good to anyone that comes your way be it you were poor before or rich now. Money and status is not meant to change your true personality. You can't turn into a bad person, because don't want to date you when u were broke, and that period u were good shey? So when u have money? U will become wicked?

Thats a terrible thing.
I wonder about men like you, so u are building Much grieviance into your future home when u are made and marry? I pity u.
Anyways u are only doing yourself. Such men don't have peace in their homes. And that's the truth. Pray u don't marry a woman who feels its her right to love her, when she also loves u back, even if u are so wealthy. Such woman will. Make u realise your money and wealth is nothing and she is just with u cos she truly loves u.

Don't use your mentality to break your future home. It's not worth it.

I went thru hell and back before I got to this comfortable level, with God's help. Only.

No man can say he made me who I am today. And am humble, friendly , loving but careful not to attract wolves or vampires.

So it's life. Get use to it. Double your hustled. And make yourself happy. Don't think of destroying the woman u will Marry in future.
Cos u may not find it easy trying to make her feel worthless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good Men Are Poor by Nobody: 8:55am On Mar 02, 2018
MissRaine69:

The ability to have foresight is something that a woman just does not have has it’s also cultivated into her as well. There are women who are in love with the idea of living well, being financially buoyant but not so much with the actual practical process of getting there.

That said if you are a made man and you worked hard to get where you are, why are you not marrying your equal? Why are you opting to marry a woman who brings nothing to the table? Is it because she is easier to subjugate?

Life is a gamble nothing is guaranteed. That poor man who has a vision, dreams ambitions he might or might not make it despite your best efforts. Some men are very good at weaving dreams and plans and scheme and not very good and executing them so what do you do as a supportive woman? Bear the constant disappointment of supporting someone who never fulfils their potential?

The concept of being your own person first is something that was instilled in me by both parents. If you are your own person that gives you choice and security.

Thank you for not being biased over this issue. In this life there is nothing promised. Just hope and pray for the best. People call me as paranoid person, but at the end of the day a Man would choose to continue with you when he his Rich or not.

It all depends on the upbringing of the Male child. And how he sees women.

Also, some women even look like angels before you marry them and after marriage they become a Dragon. An element of luck is needed for choosing a partner.

So no mathematical calculation can save anyone. its by Gods grace
Re: Good Men Are Poor by MissRaine69(f): 11:56am On Mar 02, 2018
cruchenutii:

Thank you for not being biased over this issue. In this life there is nothing promised. Just hope and pray for the best. People call me as paranoid person, but at the end of the day a Man would choose to continue with you when he his Rich or not.

It all depends on the upbringing of the Male child. And how he sees women.

Also, some women even look like angels before you marry them and after marriage they become a Dragon. An element of luck is needed for choosing a partner.

So no mathematical calculation can save anyone. its by Gods grace

In my opinion none.

(1) (Reply)

Teenagers Are So Bizarre. See What I Found! / How Do You Win Girl Thats Already In A Relationship Over?? / Signs That You Are With A Mature Woman And Not A Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.