Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,182 members, 7,815,138 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Members Attend Church Service With Assault Rifles (photo) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Members Attend Church Service With Assault Rifles (photo) (3513 Views)

Yahoo Boys Spray Cash On A Pastor During Church Service / Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) / 4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Members Attend Church Service With Assault Rifles (photo) by BrainnewsNg(f): 3:28pm On Mar 01, 2018
Crown-wearing worshippers of World Peace and Unification Sanctuary in Pennsylvania, United States scared the hell out of people and a school on Wednesday, when they arrived the church, each clutching an AR-15 rifle.

Brides were clad in white and grooms in dark suits, all arriving with dozens of AR-15s, though unloaded.

Inside the church, they drank holy wine and exchanged or renewed wedding vows in what was called a commitment ceremony, which also doubled as an advertisement for the Second Amendment.

Though the state police kept watch as the ceremony unfolded, neighbours were not at ease.

A smattering of protesters stood outside the church and a nearby school cancelled classes, the AP reported.

The church, which has a worldwide following, believes the AR-15 symbolizes the “rod of iron” in the book of Revelation, and encouraged couples to bring the weapons. An AR-15 was used in the Florida high school massacre on Feb. 14.

The Rev. Sean Moon, who leads the church, prayed for “a kingdom of peace police and peace militia where the citizens, through the right given to them by almighty God to keep and bear arms, will be able to protect one another and protect human flourishing.”

An attendant checked each weapon at the door to make sure it was unloaded and secured with a zip tie, and the elaborate commitment ceremony went off without a hitch. Some worshippers wore crowns made out of bullets.

Tim Elder, Unification Sanctuary’s director of world missions, said the ceremony was meant to be a blessing of couples, not “inanimate objects,” calling the AR-15 a “religious accoutrement.”

But Wednesday’s event, coming on the heels of the high school massacre in Parkland, Florida, which killed 17, rubbed emotions raw.

“It’s scaring people in the community,” one protester told a church member. “Are you aware of that?”

But Sreymom Ouk, 41, who attended the ceremony with her husband, Sort Ouk, and came with their AR-15, said the weapon is useful for defending her family against “sickos and evil psychopaths.”

“People have the right to bear arms, and in God’s kingdom, you have to protect that,” she said. “You have to protect against evil.”(AP)

Source: https://www.brainnewsradio.com/members-attend-church-service-with-assault-rifles-photo/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Members Attend Church Service With Assault Rifles (photo) by BrainnewsNg(f): 3:29pm On Mar 01, 2018
Re: Members Attend Church Service With Assault Rifles (photo) by BrainnewsNg(f): 3:30pm On Mar 01, 2018
cc: Lalasticlala
Re: Members Attend Church Service With Assault Rifles (photo) by stefanweeks: 3:34pm On Mar 01, 2018
A rare form of Insanity.

The Rev. Sean Moon, who leads the church, prayed for “a kingdom of peace police and peace militia where the citizens, through the right given to them by almighty God to keep and bear arms, will be able to protect one another and protect human flourishing.”

Its insanity i tells you.

1 Like

Re: Members Attend Church Service With Assault Rifles (photo) by bonna4u(m): 3:40pm On Mar 01, 2018
I am just imagining the spectacle the event created. Neighbors be like, lets put on our helmets and bullet proof vests.
Re: Members Attend Church Service With Assault Rifles (photo) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 3:40pm On Mar 01, 2018
I don't just like this US of a country I don't know why..

I prefer Australia, Switz, Netherlands, Canada

1 Like

Re: Members Attend Church Service With Assault Rifles (photo) by Damibiz(m): 3:40pm On Mar 01, 2018
Lol.,...,....i'm here to Read comments...CRAN.. Comment Readers Association of Nairaland

1 Like

Re: Members Attend Church Service With Assault Rifles (photo) by BrainnewsNg(f): 3:52pm On Mar 01, 2018
Damibiz:
Lol.,...,....i'm here to Read comments...CRAN..
Comment
Readers
Association of
Nairaland

Congrats
Re: Members Attend Church Service With Assault Rifles (photo) by KingSango(m): 4:15pm On Mar 01, 2018

1 Share

Re: Members Attend Church Service With Assault Rifles (photo) by KingSango(m): 4:16pm On Mar 01, 2018
BrainnewsNg:

Source: https://www.brainnewsradio.com/members-attend-church-service-with-assault-rifles-photo/

They are copycating. grin

Praise Omugobe Kabalega

Etituli Kyangire Abemi, he who hates the rebellious
Rukolimbo Nyantalibwa Omugobe,! Rwoota Mahanga!
The Great lion upon the hill who sees all the Sahara
Gracious Lord who always fights with a winning strategy
He who is magnanimous but cruel when provoked.
He who does not wait for battle but attacks the enemy at his fort.
He who never bows and yet causes his enemies to fall
Great father of the palace, giver of peace and comfort
He who provides for his children and educates them
Who feeds their bellies and provides for them nourishment
He who centralizes the state and storing of surplus!
Return always your favor to us!
Ase

www.undergroundriseup..com

1 Share

Re: Members Attend Church Service With Assault Rifles (photo) by BrainnewsNg(f): 4:16pm On Mar 01, 2018
cc: Mynd44
Re: Members Attend Church Service With Assault Rifles (photo) by Damibiz(m): 4:24pm On Mar 01, 2018
Thank you
BrainnewsNg:

Congrats
Re: Members Attend Church Service With Assault Rifles (photo) by Paperwhite(m): 4:31pm On Mar 01, 2018
Where is the US heading to for God's sake So much senseless religiosity. angry

1 Like

Re: Members Attend Church Service With Assault Rifles (photo) by BrainnewsNg(f): 4:52pm On Mar 01, 2018
Paperwhite:

God knows best!
Re: Members Attend Church Service With Assault Rifles (photo) by BrainnewsNg(f): 9:04pm On Mar 01, 2018
Paperwhite:
cry
Paperwhite:
Re: Members Attend Church Service With Assault Rifles (photo) by OneCorner: 10:20pm On Mar 01, 2018
intelligent people unlike this sshitthole

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Members Attend Church Service With Assault Rifles (photo) by BrainnewsNg(f): 10:55pm On Mar 01, 2018
OneCorner:
intelligent people unlike this sshitthole

Continue
Re: Members Attend Church Service With Assault Rifles (photo) by Daewang: 11:29pm On Mar 01, 2018
I have a right to bear arms and defend myself.
God bless Igboland.
God bless Israel.
God bless America.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Members Attend Church Service With Assault Rifles (photo) by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:49am On Mar 02, 2018
Daewang:
I have a right to bear arms and defend myself.
God bless Igboland.
God bless Israel.
God bless America.

Since when?
Re: Members Attend Church Service With Assault Rifles (photo) by Desyner: 8:52am On Mar 02, 2018
The physical warfare?
Re: Members Attend Church Service With Assault Rifles (photo) by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:55am On Mar 02, 2018
Desyner:
The physical warfare?
NO
Should be spiritual.
Re: Members Attend Church Service With Assault Rifles (photo) by Desyner: 9:00am On Mar 02, 2018
BrainnewsNg:

NO

Should be spiritual.
It should be spiritual but they are taking it to the physical. It's like fire and smoke. When your house is on fire, the fire causes the smoke which kills more often but the logical thing is to tackle the fire.
Re: Members Attend Church Service With Assault Rifles (photo) by chernest2002: 10:12am On Mar 02, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:
I don't just like this US of a country I don't know why..

I prefer Australia, Switz, Netherlands, Canada
do you even love your Nigeria grin
Re: Members Attend Church Service With Assault Rifles (photo) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:21am On Mar 02, 2018
chernest2002:
do you even love your Nigeria grin
angry

Do I look like a Nigerian to you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Members Attend Church Service With Assault Rifles (photo) by BrainnewsNg(f): 2:30pm On Mar 02, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:
angry

grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Members Attend Church Service With Assault Rifles (photo) by DaniDani(m): 4:57pm On Mar 02, 2018
To shoot the devil in case he attend service.
Re: Members Attend Church Service With Assault Rifles (photo) by Daewang: 10:37pm On Mar 02, 2018
BrainnewsNg:

Since when?

Since I was born as a human being.
Re: Members Attend Church Service With Assault Rifles (photo) by KingSango(m): 10:43pm On Mar 02, 2018
This is in the U.S, so they are copying me. They are using the same symbolism that I used. They created a fake Black super hero because of the real super hero Sango. This is all because we are rising. Wake up.

www.undergroundriseup..com

Ase

Love Sango

1 Share

Re: Members Attend Church Service With Assault Rifles (photo) by chernest2002: 10:46am On Mar 03, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:
angry

you look like one angry Nigerian.

(1) (Reply)

For Muslims Only / Who Else Thinks The Atheists On Nl Need Their Own Seperate Section? / The Most Anoying Person On The Religious Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.