Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,713 members, 7,862,262 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 12:30 PM

Jesus Christ Is The True God - Holy Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ Is The True God - Holy Bible (568 Views)

God the father, son (Jesus Christ) & Holy Spirit is the only true God / The Sin Against God's Holy Spirit? / Theists, What Exactly Makes Your God "Holy"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Christ Is The True God - Holy Bible by bingbagbo(m): 10:21pm On Mar 01, 2018
1 John

Back to previous chapterNext chapter
Bible Study HOME

Submit
Other translations of this chapter:
NASB / NKJV / ESV
Chapter 5

1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.

10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.
Re: Jesus Christ Is The True God - Holy Bible by MistadeRegal(m): 12:05am On Mar 02, 2018
I have several Biblical facts that proves JESUS CHRIST as the Son of GOD.
No one can confuse me on that... Not even after I once saw HIM in my dream...
Re: Jesus Christ Is The True God - Holy Bible by bingbagbo(m): 6:40am On Mar 02, 2018
MistadeRegal:
I have several Biblical facts that proves JESUS CHRIST as the Son of GOD.
No one can confuse me on that... Not even after I once saw HIM in my dream...

Because you don't understand 'the son'
Re: Jesus Christ Is The True God - Holy Bible by MistadeRegal(m): 8:08am On Mar 02, 2018
bingbagbo:

Because you don't understand 'the son'

And I've also had physical and spiritual experiences that proves JESUS CHRIST is GOD.
Re: Jesus Christ Is The True God - Holy Bible by bingbagbo(m): 9:45am On Mar 02, 2018
MistadeRegal:

And I've also had physical and spiritual experiences that proves JESUS CHRIST is GOD.

He is my dear
Re: Jesus Christ Is The True God - Holy Bible by superboyspecial: 1:20pm On Mar 02, 2018
All these came from John,ever wondered why John was not included as part of the synoptic gospels...because he had a different view
Saying that Jesus is the true God puts you in an awkward position with the Father and the Holy spirit
Re: Jesus Christ Is The True God - Holy Bible by bingbagbo(m): 7:52am On Mar 03, 2018
superboyspecial:
All these came from John,ever wondered why John was not included as part of the synoptic gospels...because he had a different view
Saying that Jesus is the true God puts you in an awkward position with the Father and the Holy spirit

You don't believe in some parts of the Bible?
Re: Jesus Christ Is The True God - Holy Bible by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 03, 2018
Jesus Christ is God,The Son and The Holy Spirit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Christ Is The True God - Holy Bible by CAPTIVATOR: 11:34am On Mar 03, 2018
bingbagbo:
1 John

Back to previous chapterNext chapter
Bible Study HOME

Submit
Other translations of this chapter:
NASB / NKJV / ESV
Chapter 5

1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.

10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ . This is the true God, and eternal life.

21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

The one who is true God in this verse is said to Have a Son , Do you mean Jesus has a son ?
Re: Jesus Christ Is The True God - Holy Bible by olajide21: 2:33pm On Mar 03, 2018
One said Jesus is God
Another said he is the son of God.

To the one that said he is *God. Why would your *God allow his creatures kill him. He was even dead for few days based on your believe. Jesus ate, slept, wee, puu etc... These are not attributes of God; the Almighty.
If he is your *God, that means he's got a Mother; the blessed Mary. The one true God was not birthed and did not birth.

To the one that says he is son of God.
Well, what does that makes Mary? God? God is alone in His dominion. He begets not and was not begotten.

Y'all need not be confused about your God. Come to what is clear and logical. God never came down in form of Man and would never. His signs are abound. Seek Him and you would find Him.

God is One. Not 3 in 1 not son of a father etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Christ Is The True God - Holy Bible by sonmvayina(m): 3:20pm On Mar 03, 2018
I am the lord your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt and out of the house of bandage, you shall have no other god beside me

You shall not make yourself the image of anything in heaven (stars,sun,moon,planets etc) on earth(trees,river,man,animals etc) or under the water bellow the earth(fish, godzilla..etc) you shall not bow down to them or serve them..

Numbers23:19..God is not a man or human being...

So you see, worshipping a man as God is tantamount to idolatry...

God(marduk) did promise to send a messiah, but according to the prophesies relating to him, he is not from the seed of God, but from the seed of Jesse (David father,isiah 11). He is coming to usher in an era of peace..not change the laws and decree God has instituted since the foundation of the world..

(1) (Reply)

Benue Killings: Soldiers Ransack Catholic Church, Parish House In Search Of Weap / The True Love In Christianity / Why Do Arab Muslims Look Down On African Muslims?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.