Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,576 members, 7,861,737 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:14 PM

Can Nigerian Workers Ever Be Rich? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can Nigerian Workers Ever Be Rich? (664 Views)

The Financial World Is Coming To An End........nigerian Workers Be Prepared / How To Cushion The Effect Of Oil Fuel Subsidy Removal By Nigerian Workers / Can Nigerian Verve Card (First Bank) be used in the U.A.E? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Nigerian Workers Ever Be Rich? by STExpert: 3:24pm On Apr 27, 2010
Yes indeed, they work their life out, pay their tax or their tax is deducted from source and when they retire, the queue up in the sun trying to collect their gratuity. Some tire out when their children are still or about entering the university. life become unbearable. I don't know about you, but I feel these guys find it difficult to make ends meet, no invesgtment no savings. As per cheating, some of them work as slaves for some foreign companies who use them as casual staff or lebras, if that is the right word. but, come to think of it, you still have a lot of Owambes around town, these folk cebrate almost on a daily basis, well am not too sure if these are not NNPC staff or NEPA staff or it is SHELL staff. It could be civil servant who work in governor offices where the cash flow to London and Sweden.
This is no joke Nigerian worker are really struggling, imagine those former 1004 dwellers and Nigerian airways workers. Where are they today. When these folks retire after many years of service, they go back to start strugling their fore-father properties with their cousins and uncles, if they ever survive, the story is not always palatable. The economic environment and government embazzlement policies is not helping matter. I wondered if Nigerian workers can ever be rich under all these conditions. what is the solution.
Re: Can Nigerian Workers Ever Be Rich? by DGIPLUS(m): 12:31pm On Apr 29, 2010
Yes they can be rich, but not with their meager wages.

The solution is that each individual should plan for their own future & not make the mistake of depending on the govt. They must get Financial Intelligence (understand financial planning) & know that pension cannot sustain them when they're out of service.

They must understand the importance of having at least four sources of income & shouldn't be ashamed of starting small.
Re: Can Nigerian Workers Ever Be Rich? by consultmartins(m): 1:49pm On May 01, 2010
DGI-PLUS, God bless you for that answer. You've said it all.
Re: Can Nigerian Workers Ever Be Rich? by master2(m): 2:33pm On May 02, 2010
I don't think so. U can never b rich working 4 somebody. Constant +ve cashflow is what will make u rich and u can only generate this thru investments or starting ur own biz.

(1) (Reply)

I Am New On This Forum / Debt Relief / Dreding Company Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.