Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,949 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Indomie Noodles Killing Many Children - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Indomie Noodles Killing Many Children (5469 Views)

How Much Is The Price Of Indomie Noodles In Your Area? / Taiwan, Malaysia Detect Ethylene Oxide In Indomie Noodles / Top 5 Ways To Make Indomie Noodles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Indomie Noodles Killing Many Children by bingbagbo(m): 7:10am On Mar 02, 2018
Excessive Consumption Of Noodles 'Killing' Children - Dietician
peacefmonline.com Feb 24, 2018 3:44 PM
Dr Efua Owusu Ansah, a Dietician at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH) has cautioned Ghanaians especially children against excessive consumption of noodles since it does not contain any nutrients nor fibre.

Dr Ansah further revealed that children are suffering from a lot of health complications leading to deaths because of increased consumption of noodles which contain excessive amounts of gluten and sodium.

“Noodles are made from flour and it does not contain essential nutrients and eating such foods frequently leads to a lot of health risks. It can increase blood sugar for people suffering from diabetes. We get children as young as 13 years suffering from hypertension and stroke. If we give our children noodles all the time the health risks associated with noodles cannot be avoided,” She told Adehye FM’s Obaa Adwoa Nelson Aweh.

She explained that the complication of eating noodles and other processed foods are not instant “but when you make a habit of substituting it for good real food then it's only a matter of time, you'll get health problems which can lead to death”.

She therefore encouraged parents to prepare proper balanced diet and nutritious meals at home for their kids instead of always giving them processed and canned foods.
Re: Indomie Noodles Killing Many Children by livebynite: 7:35am On Mar 02, 2018
If only garri where cheaper angry
Re: Indomie Noodles Killing Many Children by bingbagbo(m): 9:42am On Mar 02, 2018
livebynite:
If only garri where cheaper angry

LOL
Re: Indomie Noodles Killing Many Children by Nobody: 12:57pm On Mar 04, 2018
Yeah....i figured as much.
While I love practically every pic of Indomie noodle dish that has been posted on the other thread, I figured they probably weren't that healthy.
They remind me of the ever popular, yet ridiculously cheap (Asian manufactured) Ramen noodles sold in the U.S.
I ate them so much during my college days...that I can't even eat them now.
The white flour is the problem.
But the thing is....it can provide a meal for a family who is struggling to eat...
That's the dilemma.... undecided

1 Like

Re: Indomie Noodles Killing Many Children by bingbagbo(m): 7:04pm On Mar 04, 2018
MsNgo40:
Yeah....i figured as much.
While I love practically every pic of Indomie noodle dish that has been posted on the other thread, I figured they probably weren't that healthy.
They remind me of the ever popular, yet ridiculously cheap (Asian manufactured) Ramen noodles sold in the U.S.
I ate them so much during my college days...that I can't even eat them now.
The white flour is the problem.
But the thing is....it can provide a meal for a family who is struggling to eat...
That's the dilemma.... undecided

you are right

1 Like

Re: Indomie Noodles Killing Many Children by ifyan(m): 3:38am On Mar 05, 2018
If you follow all this rules completely, trust me you are killing yourself slowly.

We are not perfect remember.

Everyday done do this, done do that, haba.

Live a healthy living, heath is wealth.

(1) (Reply)

FOR LADIES: 10 Foods That Make Women Grow Larger Breasts (PHOTOS) / Names Of Non-fat Yoghurt & Non-fat Milk In Nigeria / How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.