Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,071 members, 7,814,702 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Taiwan, Malaysia Detect Ethylene Oxide In Indomie Noodles - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Taiwan, Malaysia Detect Ethylene Oxide In Indomie Noodles (57037 Views)

How Much Is The Price Of Indomie Noodles In Your Area? / Indomie Noodles Made In Nigeria Are Safe For Consumption ― NAFDAC / Top 5 Ways To Make Indomie Noodles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taiwan, Malaysia Detect Ethylene Oxide In Indomie Noodles by dre11(m): 1:57pm On Apr 29, 2023
Manufacturer protests as Taiwan, Malaysia detect ‘cancer-causing’ substance in Indomie noodles

Indofood, makers of Indomie instant noodles, has reacted to a recall of its products in Taiwan and Malaysia over an increased cancer risk.

Health officials in Malaysia and Taiwan said they had detected ethylene oxide, a compound, in Indomie’s “special chicken” flavor noodles.

Ethylene oxide is a colourless, odourless gas that is used to sterilise medical devices and spices and has been associated as a cancer causing chemical.

The ministry of health in Malaysia said it had examined 36 samples of instant noodles from different brands since 2022 and found that 11 samples contained ethylene oxide.

The ministry said it had taken enforcement actions and recalled the affected products. It is unclear if other brands were implicated.

The development came hours after the department of health in Taipei, Taiwan’s capital, said it detected ethylene oxide in two types of instant noodles, including the Indomie chicken flavor, following random inspections.
“The detection of ethylene oxide in the product did not comply with [standards],” the department said in a statement.

“Businesses have been ordered to immediately remove them from their shelves.”

‘OUR NOODLES ARE PRODUCED ACCORDING TO SAFETY STANDARDS’

Reacting to the allegations in a statement on Friday, Taufik Wiraatmadja, a member of the board of directors at Indofoods, defended the safety of the noodles.

Wiraatmadja said the noodles have received standard certifications and have been produced in compliance with international food safety regulations.

“Following the media reports in Taiwan on 24 April 2023 regarding the detection of ethylene oxide (“EtO”) in the Ah Lai White Curry Noodles from Malaysia and seasoning of Indomie Special Chicken Flavour, PT Indofood CBP Sukses Makmur Tbk (“ICBP” or the “Company”) as a subsdiary of PT Indofood Sukses Makmur Tbk wishes to provide explanation regarding Indomie, as follows,” the statement reads.

“All instant noodles produced by ICBP in Indonesia are processed in compliance with the food safety standards from the Codex Standard for Instant Noodles and standards set by the Indonesian National Agency for Drug and Food Control (“BPOM RI”). Our instant noodles have received Indonesian National Standard Certification (SNI), and are produced in certified production facilities based on international standards.

“ICBP has exported instant noodles to various countries around the world for more than 30 years. The Company continuously ensures that all of its products are in compliance with the applicable food safety regulations and guidelines in Indonesia as well as other countries where ICBP’s instant noodles are marketed.

“We would like to emphasize that in accordance with the statement released by BPOM RI, our Indomie instant noodles are safe for consumption.”

Nigeria is one of the highest consumers of the Indomie instant noodles.

https://www.thecable.ng/manufacturer-protests-as-taiwan-malaysia-detect-cancer-causing-substance-in-indomie-noodles/amp

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Taiwan, Malaysia Detect Ethylene Oxide In Indomie Noodles by Nobody: 2:06pm On Apr 29, 2023
shocked

4 Likes

Re: Taiwan, Malaysia Detect Ethylene Oxide In Indomie Noodles by BOLATINUBU01: 3:09pm On Apr 29, 2023
Wahala for we kids ooo shocked

106 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Taiwan, Malaysia Detect Ethylene Oxide In Indomie Noodles by abhosts(m): 3:10pm On Apr 29, 2023
Indomie competitors at work.

122 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Taiwan, Malaysia Detect Ethylene Oxide In Indomie Noodles by Jh0wsef(m): 3:10pm On Apr 29, 2023
I've always known.

110 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Taiwan, Malaysia Detect Ethylene Oxide In Indomie Noodles by witsel4(m): 3:10pm On Apr 29, 2023
Well good for them, thank God I'm not even an indomie fan.

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Taiwan, Malaysia Detect Ethylene Oxide In Indomie Noodles by mactoni91(m): 3:11pm On Apr 29, 2023
Could be true with the high rate of Cancer happening

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Taiwan, Malaysia Detect Ethylene Oxide In Indomie Noodles by Viraltrends123: 3:11pm On Apr 29, 2023
They realize people are shifting away from their rice, for noodles.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Taiwan, Malaysia Detect Ethylene Oxide In Indomie Noodles by Iseoluwani: 3:11pm On Apr 29, 2023
I cant cook I can't cook

But I can cook indomie

U don die small small

90 Likes

Re: Taiwan, Malaysia Detect Ethylene Oxide In Indomie Noodles by Guwf: 3:11pm On Apr 29, 2023
I HATE INDOMIE , PLEASSE STAY AWAY FROM IT

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Taiwan, Malaysia Detect Ethylene Oxide In Indomie Noodles by austinofo(m): 3:11pm On Apr 29, 2023
dre11:
Manufacturer protests as Taiwan, Malaysia detect ‘cancer-causing’ substance in Indomie noodles

https://www.thecable.ng/manufacturer-protests-as-taiwan-malaysia-detect-cancer-causing-substance-in-indomie-noodles/amp
Father please save me 🙏🏾

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taiwan, Malaysia Detect Ethylene Oxide In Indomie Noodles by nairalee(m): 3:11pm On Apr 29, 2023
I dunno why my instinct has always told me this. I'm not surprise. Infact going forward I'll limit processed foods as much as possible

97 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Taiwan, Malaysia Detect Ethylene Oxide In Indomie Noodles by meum: 3:11pm On Apr 29, 2023
Eat fresh farm products. It’s the best.

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Taiwan, Malaysia Detect Ethylene Oxide In Indomie Noodles by ItisWell22(f): 3:11pm On Apr 29, 2023
Wahala! shocked

2 Likes

Re: Taiwan, Malaysia Detect Ethylene Oxide In Indomie Noodles by MrDoGood(m): 3:11pm On Apr 29, 2023
Problem

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Taiwan, Malaysia Detect Ethylene Oxide In Indomie Noodles by Roboto11: 3:11pm On Apr 29, 2023
I dey always pity Nigerians.

Una go just dey consume stuff wey no dey natural and natural to you.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taiwan, Malaysia Detect Ethylene Oxide In Indomie Noodles by Rahkman: 3:11pm On Apr 29, 2023
Aahhh omo e be like say I don chop my last satchet of indomie be that ooo

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taiwan, Malaysia Detect Ethylene Oxide In Indomie Noodles by ednut1(m): 3:11pm On Apr 29, 2023
slow killer. the small indomie with its flavour contains 49% of you daily sodium content. many people eat 2 or 3 of it. assuming you use two flavors that's 98% of your daily need. meanwhile the other food you will still eat also has salt/sodium. We just dey kill ourselves slowly.

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Taiwan, Malaysia Detect Ethylene Oxide In Indomie Noodles by Akalia(m): 3:11pm On Apr 29, 2023
No single processed food is entirely health safe for consumption.

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Taiwan, Malaysia Detect Ethylene Oxide In Indomie Noodles by theophorus(m): 3:11pm On Apr 29, 2023
One funny thing about Research in Nigeria is that, the Result is Predetermined abi make I say Premeditated.

Alot of processed stuffs wen dey cause wahala and wen no dey healthy for Us, our NAFDAC and University researchers dey doctor the reports because of "who pays the Piper".

Shebi during Covid19, you see the research reports wen dem publish because dem dey cash out steady.

29 Likes

Re: Taiwan, Malaysia Detect Ethylene Oxide In Indomie Noodles by oz4real83(m): 3:12pm On Apr 29, 2023
Nafdac died the day Dora Akuyuili was removed from the agency to become a minister before her subsequent demise. No agency tasked with the responsibility of protecting the citizens have been doing its duties under this president. Every institution died under buhari, just like how everything Karaba the sorceress touched died, in the animation movie called "kirikou", until he was delivered by kirikou embarassed. It is now taking foreign organisations the responsibility to save Nigerians, while our institutions stay aloof embarassed

109 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Taiwan, Malaysia Detect Ethylene Oxide In Indomie Noodles by gaby(m): 3:12pm On Apr 29, 2023
Indopoison...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taiwan, Malaysia Detect Ethylene Oxide In Indomie Noodles by Frenzyboy(m): 3:12pm On Apr 29, 2023
Indomie don loose customer... But almost all these preserved and packaged food has dangerous preservatives that causes cancer

16 Likes

Re: Taiwan, Malaysia Detect Ethylene Oxide In Indomie Noodles by tamdun: 3:12pm On Apr 29, 2023
This is it,no more indomie for my family

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Taiwan, Malaysia Detect Ethylene Oxide In Indomie Noodles by BusinessPlan22: 3:12pm On Apr 29, 2023
Just finished eating it now.
Last time. Never again

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taiwan, Malaysia Detect Ethylene Oxide In Indomie Noodles by olatade(m): 3:12pm On Apr 29, 2023
Something must kill man abeg

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taiwan, Malaysia Detect Ethylene Oxide In Indomie Noodles by alibiz: 3:12pm On Apr 29, 2023
Let's wait to here from NAFDAC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taiwan, Malaysia Detect Ethylene Oxide In Indomie Noodles by Ruggedniggaone: 3:12pm On Apr 29, 2023
Indomie is for kids real men eat pounded yam and eba

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Taiwan, Malaysia Detect Ethylene Oxide In Indomie Noodles by Printerscanner: 3:12pm On Apr 29, 2023
Continue
Re: Taiwan, Malaysia Detect Ethylene Oxide In Indomie Noodles by maxjax(m): 3:12pm On Apr 29, 2023
grin we in nigeria have long detected it sinceeeeeee cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Taiwan, Malaysia Detect Ethylene Oxide In Indomie Noodles by Juliearth(f): 3:12pm On Apr 29, 2023
I am not surprised. Noodles generally are not so healthy and have been fingered to be a leading trigger for cancer.

17 Likes

Re: Taiwan, Malaysia Detect Ethylene Oxide In Indomie Noodles by Bombolistic: 3:12pm On Apr 29, 2023
Not indomine noodles but one of their instant noodle brand

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Look at the Meal I Prepared With 2000 Naira In This Tight Economy. / First Time Of Visiting Your In-Laws & They Served You This.... (Photo) / Man Escapes Being Crushed By An Angry Cow During Sallah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.