Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

Ibibio Cuisines To Try - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Ibibio Cuisines To Try (22118 Views)

Delicious Nigerian Cuisines By Kaydeli. / Yoruba Cuisines To Try / 6 Mouth-watering European Cuisines To Enjoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibibio Cuisines To Try by Mariangeles(f): 12:38pm On Mar 02, 2018
Asowari:
only the anfang soup make sense, the rest go make person purge die
After the purging, na clean ,clear system...your blood level will increase significantly
Re: Ibibio Cuisines To Try by Gerrard59(m): 12:38pm On Mar 02, 2018
Asowari:

False. On the contrary, Afang is the most probable to make someone purge. Editan cannot make you purge.

@Post: Ekpang is very delicious. However, like you said, it takes ages to prepare. Yes, you won't enjoy Atama without "obstacles", but it gets too watery depending on the quantity of oil used. I don't like Edikaikong (too bland).

P.S. Soups sweetness depends on the person who cooked. wink

1 Like

Re: Ibibio Cuisines To Try by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 02, 2018
Editan ye afang anem akan itid sef
Re: Ibibio Cuisines To Try by maclatunji: 12:40pm On Mar 02, 2018
Mariangeles:
Highly nutritious soups.
These are the types of soup our Super Eagles should be eating before the World cup for energy, agility and stamina... Dem no born Argentina well!

With Akpu, they would running all over the field like Energizer bunnies.

1 Like

Re: Ibibio Cuisines To Try by cinoedhunter: 12:40pm On Mar 02, 2018
I don chop all grin
Re: Ibibio Cuisines To Try by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 02, 2018
phreakabit:
Tasted all. I am Igbo and I can confirm the Ibibio and Efik people can really cook.
Not that gworo something some people put up yesterday. >sad

We better than some people that eat stew at every point in time sorry pepper and more pepper .

2 Likes

Re: Ibibio Cuisines To Try by maclatunji: 12:41pm On Mar 02, 2018
DREAMZZZ:
would you sharap and face ur green algae hydraulic and stop drooling over biafran meals angry

#LWKMD
Re: Ibibio Cuisines To Try by Mariangeles(f): 12:41pm On Mar 02, 2018
RoyalBlak007:
I ♡
Áfāng cheesy
You love food... Lol
Re: Ibibio Cuisines To Try by RoyalBlak007: 12:43pm On Mar 02, 2018
Mariangeles:
You love food... Lol
And good food
l♡ves me cheesy
Re: Ibibio Cuisines To Try by Mariangeles(f): 12:43pm On Mar 02, 2018
maclatunji:

With Akpu, they would running all over the field like Energizer bunnies.
or Wheat meal
Re: Ibibio Cuisines To Try by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 02, 2018
Ellabae:
Thanks dear

You welcome Ella!!
Re: Ibibio Cuisines To Try by Elder4sure(m): 12:44pm On Mar 02, 2018
Bia op, you better correct the location of the Ibibios now. Southwest eastern ke? Mind yourself -o! tongue

Opinionated:
Located in the south eastern part of Nigeria, and one of Nigeria’s popular ethnic groups. The Ibibios are predominately found in present day Akwa Ibom State with her sister group – Efik – found in Calabar, Cross River State. Known for their excellent culinary skills, they have some of Nigeria’s delicious cuisines. So when next in Akwa Ibom or any Ibibio dominated area, try and savour any of these delicacies.

Afang Soup

Unarguably the most popular of the soups of the Ibibios. It is prepared using Afang leaves with water leaf, which are sliced in tiny pieces. Not just popular, but extremely delicious.

Ekpang Nkukwo

Traditional meal made up of cocoyam (ditto its leaves), water yam, periwinkle (aka Mfi). Not commonly cooked as it is reserved mainly for special occasions and takes time to prepare.

Editan Soup

A less known but bitter version of Afang soup. Made using Editan leaves and waterleaf. Editan soup has medicinal benefits than Afang.

Edikaikong Soup

Yet another export by the Ibibios to the world. It is prepared using pumpkin leaf and water leaves. Preferably eaten with Pounded yam or fufu.

Atama

Made from palm fruit concentrate and Atama leaves. Although, it is similar to Ofe Akwu (eaten mostly the Igbos) by the usage of the palm fruit concentrate. The difference lies in the vegetables and spices used for the soups. Of all the delicacies eaten by the Ibibios, this soup is best enjoyed with more fish, meat, snails, periwinkle than any other (Nigerians term such “obstacles”).

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/ibibio-cuisines-try/

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Ibibio Cuisines To Try by ImaIma1(f): 12:49pm On Mar 02, 2018
Asowari:

Afang purges much more than the other soups.

Our soups are not for everyone though tongue

2 Likes

Re: Ibibio Cuisines To Try by Elder4sure(m): 12:50pm On Mar 02, 2018
Pls what is itid? Is it a kind of food? And which part of Nigeria can it be found?
I want to taste some too. Thanks

crazysaint:
Editan ye afang anem akan itid sef

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibibio Cuisines To Try by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 02, 2018
ImaIma1:

no be fight na wa oooo grin
Re: Ibibio Cuisines To Try by utytill(m): 12:51pm On Mar 02, 2018
Opinionated:
Located in the south eastern part of Nigeria, and one of Nigeria’s popular ethnic groups. The Ibibios are predominately found in present day Akwa Ibom State with her sister group – Efik – found in Calabar, Cross River State.

Op pls Ibibio is in south south not south east.
Re: Ibibio Cuisines To Try by mediocre(m): 12:51pm On Mar 02, 2018
Afang is lifee.
Re: Ibibio Cuisines To Try by Nobody: 12:52pm On Mar 02, 2018
Mariangeles:
After the purging, na clean ,clear system...your blood level will increase significantly
no oooo habeg I no wan sh*t out my life out grin
Re: Ibibio Cuisines To Try by Nobody: 12:56pm On Mar 02, 2018
Gerrard59:

False. On the contrary, Afang is the most probable to make someone purge. Editan cannot make you purge.

@Post: Ekpang is very delicious. However, like you said, it takes ages to prepare. Yes, you won't enjoy Atama without "obstacles", but it gets too watery depending on the quantity of oil used. I don't like Edikaikong (too bland).

to each his own, afang soup no they make me purge at all
Re: Ibibio Cuisines To Try by stagger: 12:59pm On Mar 02, 2018
ImaIma1:

As one of those who has eaten all these soups, I cannot say anyone has purged me. Depends on who cooks it. My mum grew up in Oron and cooked all for us as kids.
Re: Ibibio Cuisines To Try by ImaIma1(f): 1:00pm On Mar 02, 2018
Gerrard59:

You don't put oil at all in ataama. The palm kernel has that already.

You are right about the bolded. I always brag to my friend that she cannot say she doesn't like a particular food until after she eats it when i cook it. She always takes back her words cheesy
Re: Ibibio Cuisines To Try by Ambassadors: 1:01pm On Mar 02, 2018
Am thinking of how to soak garri you carry this one come make I dey swallow saliva

2 Likes

Re: Ibibio Cuisines To Try by ImaIma1(f): 1:03pm On Mar 02, 2018
Asowari:
no be fight na wa oooo grin

cool
Re: Ibibio Cuisines To Try by MrBottle: 1:05pm On Mar 02, 2018
utytill:
Op pls Ibibio is in south south not south east.
You must be a poor student of geography. Akwa-Cross are the only southern states that is on the southeastern part of Nigeria not the mere political maps we have been brainwashed with.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibibio Cuisines To Try by Jokerman(m): 1:06pm On Mar 02, 2018
DannyJ19:
Rubbish....nothing can be compared to Amala and Ewedu...shior.

And gbegiri.... grin.... troublemaker
Re: Ibibio Cuisines To Try by fuellessgen: 1:09pm On Mar 02, 2018
ndy87:

We better than some people that eat stew at every point in time sorry pepper and more pepper .

shocked

Who's that demon in your profile?
Re: Ibibio Cuisines To Try by Lilimax(f): 1:12pm On Mar 02, 2018
Asowari:
You must like 'omi obe' very well smiley
Re: Ibibio Cuisines To Try by Cadec007(m): 1:14pm On Mar 02, 2018
Elder4sure:
Pls what is itid? Is it a kind of food? And which part of Nigeria can it be found?
I want to taste some too. Thanks

abasi ooooooo u have tasted it already maybe but itid no be foo d oo
Re: Ibibio Cuisines To Try by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 02, 2018
Na evrywhere u dey grin.jazzyjazz,come n carry ur soup oh grin
Liftedhands:
Yummy

1 Like

Re: Ibibio Cuisines To Try by fuellessgen: 1:15pm On Mar 02, 2018
ImaIma1:

Whether you like it or not, the Ibibios and the Efik are located in South eastern Nigeria. There's nothing like South south in the English language. That was just a phrase coined by the military to bring division.

2 Likes

Re: Ibibio Cuisines To Try by Caseless: 1:15pm On Mar 02, 2018
Opinionated:
Located in the south eastern part of Nigeria, and one of Nigeria’s popular ethnic groups. The Ibibios are predominately found in present day Akwa Ibom State with her sister group – Efik – found in Calabar, Cross River State. Known for their excellent culinary skills, they have some of Nigeria’s delicious cuisines. So when next in Akwa Ibom or any Ibibio dominated area, try and savour any of these delicacies.

Afang Soup

Unarguably the most popular of the soups of the Ibibios. It is prepared using Afang leaves with water leaf, which are sliced in tiny pieces. Not just popular, but extremely delicious.

Ekpang Nkukwo

Traditional meal made up of cocoyam (ditto its leaves), water yam, periwinkle (aka Mfi). Not commonly cooked as it is reserved mainly for special occasions and takes time to prepare.

Editan Soup

A less known but bitter version of Afang soup. Made using Editan leaves and waterleaf. Editan soup has medicinal benefits than Afang.

Edikaikong Soup

Yet another export by the Ibibios to the world. It is prepared using pumpkin leaf and water leaves. Preferably eaten with Pounded yam or fufu.

Atama

Made from palm fruit concentrate and Atama leaves. Although, it is similar to Ofe Akwu (eaten mostly the Igbos) by the usage of the palm fruit concentrate. The difference lies in the vegetables and spices used for the soups. Of all the delicacies eaten by the Ibibios, this soup is best enjoyed with more fish, meat, snails, periwinkle than any other (Nigerians term such “obstacles”).

where are macra and whitesoup on your list?
Re: Ibibio Cuisines To Try by saintkeppy(m): 1:15pm On Mar 02, 2018
Zionista:
But your pix of edikang ikong no be am. You are not suppossed to add too much water.

More like this...

That's it man!

Original Edikang Ikong, Natural Blood Tonic

Best variety of Soup with pleasant tastes are found in AKWA-CROSS Region.

OP display other soups too, Afia Efere with flavour from Goat meat&Ozuza leaves, is missing there with pounded yam. grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Palm Oil Stew Or Vegetable Oil Stew: Which Do You Prefer? / Yoghurts With Live And Active Culture. Where Can I Get Them / Myths About Alcohol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.