Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers (14798 Views)

Are Manual Cars Faster Than Automatic Transmission Cars? / 5 Things You Should NEVER Do With Automatic Transmission Cars / Conversion of manual window winder to electric/ power winder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by Emusan(m): 1:53pm On Mar 03, 2018
emmykey0128:
Baba are you related to lie momahamed? Wetin dey automatic wey person wey dey drive manual no go fit drive am I beg tell me, shey na P, d and R he no go sabi ni? I learnt driving with Manuel and automatically
I drive automatic transmission without wahala

Not about what's in automatic but how comfortable the person is with the car.

I have a friend who can drive any sort of manual car but if you ask him to drive automatic, he will tell you he can't drive it.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by deebrownneymar: 2:56pm On Mar 03, 2018
uuzba:

But for what it does, a typewriter is better than a PC.
Give 2 jobs to 2 people. 1 on type writer the other on PC.
Tell them to type out a letter.
After 10minutes, the person on the typewriter has typed the letter, it is on paper and he has submitted it to you.
-
After 3 hrs the person on PC has not logged out of Facebook. 4hrs, he is looking for ink for the printer. 5hrs, NEPA took light.
-
It's all about focus. Manual transmission helps you focus on the driving. Automatic -> WhatsApp/Facebook.

Bullshit! Let me see how the typewriter would print graphics.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by Octaves(m): 4:38pm On Mar 03, 2018
lonelydora:

Wrong assumption. I know quite few people who can drive manual but can't drive automatic
they are usually old people or illiterates who are slow with new technology. if you decide to teach them. you will notice they will learn it in minutes. I taught my 78 year old aunty who had been driving manual her whole life how to drive the new automatic her son bought for her. the whole session took 15 minutes. the next day, she drove us to church
Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by Walexxyomoba(m): 6:11pm On Mar 03, 2018
I don't believe this crab, most of this manual drivers always bash or either scratch cars bcz of their impatience & I be master
Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by Alvin007: 8:21pm On Mar 03, 2018
Manual rocks...but op’s points are baseless..before you argue..know this; I drove a car with a manual transmission for 9years...I drive my auto like it runs on a manual transmission. When you know, you know! Manual rides are generally faster tho.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by Ekite: 8:53pm On Mar 03, 2018
etrange:
The only reason is cause we've spent a lot of time learning the hard way and we're a bit envious of those who learnt effortlessly so we somehow need to make them feel there's something they are missing. Fact is, difficulty does not mean efficiency.

Just like the world moved on from analog to digital computers, we're already moving on from manual to automatic transmission. Get over it and stop drawing us back with your mangled ego.

As if you'd go for a manual car if you went to buy one today.....
Excuse sir,
I drive manual and if I were to go for a new car today, I'd still prefer manual.
I travelled with auto one day and nearly blame myself. One leg just dey one corner and the other dey work.
Both legs must work if na manual.
In fact, all your body must work.
Thank you
Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by temmym4(m): 8:59pm On Mar 03, 2018
lonelydora:

Wrong assumption. I know quite few people who can drive manual but can't drive automatic

Lies. Tell that story to the snake that swallowed money.

The very first time i drove an automatic car, the only thing i was told is "Press Brake before engaging the Gear"

Drove 400KM afterwards.

If any manual driver claims he/she cant drive an Automatic, donate them to the gods.

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by etrange: 9:08pm On Mar 03, 2018
Ekite:

Excuse sir,
I drive manual and if I were to go for a new car today, I'd still prefer manual.
I travelled with auto one day and nearly blame myself. One leg just dey one corner and the dey work.
Both legs must work if na manual.
Thank you

Bro, fact is, automatic is less stressful and nobody likes stress. Your case is that of someone who's very much used to driving manual; it's perfectly normal for it to feel odd driving automatic on the high way. Do it for a while and you'll never go back to manual. It's just like someone saying he prefers typewriter to pc when the actual problem is the change process and not the pc.

Good evening.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by Ernestbukky(m): 9:18pm On Mar 03, 2018
akmath:
Oga wetin bring robbery come here now?
Are you allergic to robbery?
Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by emmykey0128(m): 9:56pm On Mar 03, 2018
Baba I repeat he can drive it, maybe he might not feel comfortable in it just as u said,
Emusan:

Not about what's in automatic but how comfortable the person is with the car.

I have a friend who can drive any sort of manual car but if you ask him to drive automatic, he will tell you he can't drive it.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by sulasa07(m): 9:08pm On Mar 04, 2018
If Na only automatic person fit drive,DAT person neva learn car driving.In case of emergency where only manual car dey available, d person go know say he neva drive shit.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by Ekite: 8:39pm On Mar 05, 2018
etrange:

Bro, fact is, automatic is less stressful and nobody likes stress. Your case is that of someone who's very much used to driving manual; it's perfectly normal for it to feel odd driving automatic on the high way. Do it for a while and you'll never go back to manual. It's just like someone saying he prefers typewriter to pc when the actual problem is the change process and not the pc.

Good evening.
Good day sir.
Using the analogy of typewriter and computer to illustrate manual and automatic is a lil bit odd. Doesn't match.
Still, I prefer my manual for now.
When I buy automatic, I may reassess.
Regards
Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by obmade: 3:43pm On Mar 06, 2018
I learnt Using a manual car.

I drove using a manual car for about four years straight on inter-state and intra-state trips. Then, I gained possession of an automatic car.

My first experience driving an automatic car (even after many years of seasoned driving) was that I was clumsy at the practice of using a single foot! I found myself constantly looking for something to do with my left leg. Sometimes i would be applying brakes using my left leg instead of my right leg! I hated the experience. But when i got the hang of it, the kind of skilled driving i do with an auto, you'd think its a manual car (if you assume only manual cars do great stuff). If you want a mad pickup speed like you're a speed demon, tryout cars with higher plugs than 4 (assuming the transmission is still good, and your tyres are adequately inflated).

On a trip from Abuja to Calabar, a public transporter (modern Haice 18 seater) thought it was ok I tag along on the trip (it was my first time using the Enugu route). His concern was my ability to keep up! Guys, His passengers were his backup singers as he hailed (and my auto was only a 4 cylinder burner)! Manual cars are great, auto cars are great too.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by etrange: 6:06pm On Mar 06, 2018
Ekite:

Good day sir.
Using the analogy of typewriter and computer to illustrate manual and automatic is a lil bit odd. Doesn't match.
Still, I prefer my manual for now.
When I buy automatic, I may reassess.
Regards

I believe the analogy is perfect, bro. Like you said, the argument would have been much better if you had both at your disposal; otherwise, it's loopsided.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by Nobody: 2:59pm On Mar 08, 2018
lonelydora:

Not possible,there is nothing to drive in automatic,just to put the thing on drive.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by Wristler: 1:26am On Mar 09, 2018
etrange:
The only reason is cause we've spent a lot of time learning the hard way and we're a bit envious of those who learnt effortlessly so we somehow need to make them feel there's something they are missing. Fact is, difficulty does not mean efficiency.

Just like the world moved on from analog to digital computers, we're already moving on from manual to automatic transmission. Get over it and stop drawing us back with your mangled ego.

As if you'd go for a manual car if you went to buy one today.....
It's never about that man... If not no auto maker would make manual transmission more than 2yrs after auto debuted.
Just as some of us prefer our pounded yam to be pounded in a mortar than those flavoured ones you digital, automatic, life is easy folks eat.

If anyone has the rare privilege of using a loyal and noble manual car, at a young age as his first car... Auto will only make him go into early depression

The main catch about stick is the trill...that sense of you doing whatever comes to your head with adrenaline running around in your veins while your loyal beast obeys. I don't know how horse racing feels tho.

That choice to do or not to do. That sense of being in control. That feeling of you knowing what your car can tolerate or protest against.

I can't be driving and it feels like I'm seated in a living room watching objects move past me. I understand the traffic jams tho.. but then, if one doesn't know how to beat the stress in hold ups, one has to take it as the price for the gains

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

9 Facts About Maybach / Siena, Promise: Can O2 Sensor Make My Car Stop When In Motion? / Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Endorses Ondo Auto Rally (Photos And Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.