Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,584 members, 7,955,152 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:02 PM

Who Is Alhaji Mamman Daura ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Alhaji Mamman Daura ? (79582 Views)

Edwin Clark: Mamman Daura Is Cabal Leader In Aso Rock, Garba Shehu Is Errand Boy / Mamman Daura's Tribute To Abba Kyari / Mamman Daura Is Dead. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Alhaji Mamman Daura ? by DWJOBScom(m): 7:06pm On Mar 02, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari is Mamman Daura’s Nephew although Daura is two and half years older than the president. The nephew-uncle relationship is described as extremely close and date back to childhood years.

Mamman Daura, who is considered to be even more powerful than Nigeria leader, has been playing a significant role through all the life of Buhari

According to Paden, Buhari’s biographer, Daura became life-long inspiration and confidant to the president

It’s no wonder that now with 73 years of close relations Buhari chooses Daura to be as close to him as possible

Malam Mamman Daura is a younger brother to General Muhammadu Buhari’s father, so he is an uncle to General Buhari. They are related by the bond of the blood. And that relationship is always very strong, particularly when they understand themselves with mutual respect.

Now that Buhari is in power as the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, the relationship is said to have even taken another dimension.

When Buhari overthrew Shagari in 1983, Daura was one of the few people Buhari trusted enough to give principal advisory roles. By the late 1980s, he had succeeded Ibrahim Dasuki as the head of the African International Bank.

He later also served as chairman of the board of the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) and if there is anyone who Buhari always listened to and confided in over the years, it is Mamman Daura but many are now complaining that the relationship is getting too close for comfort and will affect all the policies of the Buhari administration which is already struggling to cope with economic and security challenges.

In the photos below, when Katsina APC delegates went to pay Buhari courtesy visit as President-Elect, Daura was visibly by his side. He has never left, see photos below:

attached

An industrialist and later editor and managing director of New Nigeria newspaper (one of the most influential publications in Nigeria at a point), Mamman Daura has been described as ‘intensely engaging, extremely intelligent and brilliant‘. However, not everyone agree with that description. Daura lives in the Aso Rock Presidential Villa or else he is off to his Kaduna residence.

Daura is close and influential to the president. He seems to have been given a free hand to operate as he likes and determine who gets what as far as the presidency is concerned.

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Who Is Alhaji Mamman Daura ? by temblor1(m): 7:11pm On Mar 02, 2018
Buhari's godfather.

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is Alhaji Mamman Daura ? by DWJOBScom(m): 4:53pm On Mar 11, 2018
temblor1:
Buhari's godfather.

to even think he's an elderly fellow is the surprising thing. I expected a younger man and was curious to check again when i heard something like his daughter was appointed a PA to someone

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Is Alhaji Mamman Daura ? by agriboom: 4:59pm On Mar 11, 2018
Buhari’s Edwin Clark

95 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Who Is Alhaji Mamman Daura ? by lastempero: 6:27pm On Mar 11, 2018
Talking about the cabal shocked

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Is Alhaji Mamman Daura ? by vincijr(m): 4:19pm On Oct 07, 2019
I knew something like this was going on

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is Alhaji Mamman Daura ? by Charleys: 5:09pm On Oct 07, 2019
I'm not gay but I respect those who make the decision, especially when their wives is not around most of the time.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Is Alhaji Mamman Daura ? by Willy7(m): 6:38pm On Oct 07, 2019
Why do I have the feeling that the focus and pendulum is about swinging to this man. Osibanjo's men and some ministers that are not comfortable with happenings in Aso Rock are about pitching Nigerians against this guy. Some persons are about to fight dirty. All his intrigues and power plays are about being revealed and this will unsettle some members of the cabal. Some persons are out to cut the head of the serpent. 2023 fight is about to get messier. Bringing this guy's matter up is not just for fun or information. Them wan reason him matter. Watch out.

189 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Who Is Alhaji Mamman Daura ? by Motion123(m): 9:20pm On Oct 14, 2019
Love this article

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Who Is Alhaji Mamman Daura ? by Racoon(m): 10:00pm On Oct 14, 2019
Obviously Mamman Daura is on Nigerian govt payroll under the Buhari regime.Perhaps the emir of Daura with be there too.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Alhaji Mamman Daura ? by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:17pm On Oct 14, 2019
He is the Current Vice President of Nigeria...the second most powerful man after the President Abba Kyari.

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Is Alhaji Mamman Daura ? by Nuzo1(m): 10:48pm On Oct 14, 2019
valentineuwakwe:
He is the Current Vice President of Nigeria...the second most powerful man after the President Abba Kyari.

Abba Kyari is Maman Daura's boy. He planted him as the COS to gather information from people who come around Buhari for the cabal. And he's doing a wonderful job for them.

Abba Kyari only seem powerful because when daura is not interested in an issue; Kyari does it and at this stage; it would seem Kyari is all powerful. But the simple truth is that Daura is not interested in that particular issue.

Even Funtua and kingibe are more influential in the villa than Kyari.

196 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Who Is Alhaji Mamman Daura ? by Ahmed432: 11:13pm On Oct 14, 2019
Thanks for this

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Alhaji Mamman Daura ? by Ahmed432: 11:15pm On Oct 14, 2019
angry grin grin angry
Charleys:
I'm not gay but I respect those who make the decision, especially when their wives is not around most of the time.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Who Is Alhaji Mamman Daura ? by sweetonugbu: 11:18pm On Oct 14, 2019
Nuzo1:

Abba Kyari is Maman Daura's boy. He planted him as the COS to gather information from people who come around Buhari for the cabal. And he's doing a wonderful job for them.

Abba Kyari only seem powerful because when daura is not interested in an issue; Kyari does it and at this stage; it would seem Kyari is all powerful. But the simple truth is that Daura is not interested in that particular issue.

Even Funtua and kingibe are more influential in the villa than Kyari.
u speak like an insider,tell me more

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is Alhaji Mamman Daura ? by Nobody: 12:41am On Oct 15, 2019
To be completely honest, I don't have a problem with this man for Buhari to have brought him too close after all, everyone has such confidant who sometimes interfer in our decisions.

Buhari has been a failure with no clear vision since inception and Mamman Daura is not the cause.

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Is Alhaji Mamman Daura ? by saaron(m): 1:10am On Oct 15, 2019
Signs are beginning to emerge. The rule of the wicked is gradually being unraveled.
Only in Nigeria you will see someone who's not Aso Rock official and has no business being there is living 'Free Of Charge' in Aso Rock. Typical born to rule and entitlement mentality of terrorist. But what do we expect from a fulani govt who's head once said ''If he doesn't win elections, baboons and dogs will soak in blood?'' They got power through blood, they should be prepared to face the consequencies.

This regime is the worst govt ever since the mistake of 1914.

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Is Alhaji Mamman Daura ? by ursullalinda(f): 4:13am On Oct 15, 2019
The man who calls the shots in the villa, that's why his daughter acts like she is supreme...smh

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Alhaji Mamman Daura ? by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 16, 2019
lalasticlala, think this makes sense. Front-page please.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Alhaji Mamman Daura ? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 16, 2019
He is my son grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Alhaji Mamman Daura ? by Slawormir: 12:23pm On Oct 16, 2019
Okay

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Alhaji Mamman Daura ? by ArmaniUhuru: 12:24pm On Oct 16, 2019
Whether Mamman Daura is buhari’s uncle or his his twin brother is not the issues. But why is he and his family living in the Aso villa? Aren’t there other way to show appreciation to a helper or sponsor?

This nonsense can only happen in a country like Nigeria.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is Alhaji Mamman Daura ? by Dshocker(m): 12:24pm On Oct 16, 2019
Alhaji Mamman Daura is the president of Nigeria period

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Alhaji Mamman Daura ? by OgbanjeProphet: 12:24pm On Oct 16, 2019
If he likes, he can invite all of Daura indigenes to live with him inAso rock. All we want is a better Nigeria, where prosperity, fairness, truth and common sense rule.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Who Is Alhaji Mamman Daura ? by RiyaGoddess(f): 12:24pm On Oct 16, 2019
Na wa

Ladies Polo Top 40k per bale
Men Polo Top 75k per bale
Read my signature

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is Alhaji Mamman Daura ? by Kwamecron(m): 12:24pm On Oct 16, 2019
Who e epp!!!

1 Like

Re: Who Is Alhaji Mamman Daura ? by Futuragetty: 12:25pm On Oct 16, 2019
Onye Aburu Onu.
They are feeding their extended families with your commonwealth.
Yet they want to increase VAT
They want to toll the roads.
They want to tax your calls.
The tragedy is the blind support they get from millions.
Ndi aburu onu.
Ndi uchu.
Won ti sepe fun gbogbo yin.

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Who Is Alhaji Mamman Daura ? by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:25pm On Oct 16, 2019
His daughter had made him popular. His daughter has shown the whole world that this man is the shadow president and that she, Fatima is the first lady and not Aisha Buhari.
How can someone convince me that Aisha Buhari is still the first lady when one small girl emerged somewhere and confidently camera the first lady, making fun of her and preventing her from accessing some of the rooms in Aso Rock and security did nothing to stop her. She even went further granting a press briefing about the incident. Only coup plotters does that

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Who Is Alhaji Mamman Daura ? by VivyZub(f): 12:25pm On Oct 16, 2019
He is the president of Nigeria lol

Affordable children educational android tablets. Please go through my thread for pictures, functions and specifications and please check my signature for contact

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Alhaji Mamman Daura ? by maziokafor1(m): 12:26pm On Oct 16, 2019
He is our President

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fayose's Six Shocking Prophecies For 2016 / President Buhari Nearly Falls In Kogi During Campaign / Orlu: ESN And Soldiers In Gun Battle In Imo Forest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.