Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,336 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Is It Okay To Be 10 Years Older Than Your Wife? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Okay To Be 10 Years Older Than Your Wife? (1397 Views)

A 19-Year-Old Lady Is In Love With Me, I'm 10 Years Older. I'm Scared / My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me / My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Okay To Be 10 Years Older Than Your Wife? by Fongido(m): 7:43pm On Mar 02, 2018
Is it okay to be 10 years older than your wife?

I've been thinking about this.
Once a girl is up to 25-27 she's open for marriage and you know girls take this marriage of a thing seriously than boys do.

I think it's a tremendous waste of time dating a girl, you are 1-2 year older than or a girl that is your age mate. That's if what you guys share is authentic. It's okay if it's just for some benefits.
If it's something real. I think as a guy you'll get hurt along the way bcoz no girl gonna wait for you. No matter how much she loves you. The pressure will be more than her and she'll definitely succumb.
Before you reach that point in life that you have the financial power to dictate things, like you can say you wanna marry and you get it done, which I think it's when you're 30-33 year old if you are fast,.she might have been taken away from you.

I'm also Afraid it's dangerous to marry a woman you beat like 10 years bcoz you'll age faster than her and she might find you unattractive anymore which may lead to cheating on you.

Your thoughts on this guys.
Re: Is It Okay To Be 10 Years Older Than Your Wife? by GabrielAganyi(m): 7:44pm On Mar 02, 2018
Even 20 years older
Re: Is It Okay To Be 10 Years Older Than Your Wife? by internationalman(m): 7:52pm On Mar 02, 2018
when I'm ready to Marry at 40 years, I'm gonna marry a 20 years old old.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Be 10 Years Older Than Your Wife? by tosyne2much(m): 7:59pm On Mar 02, 2018
You are very wrong.. Have you forgotten that women age faster than men?

That aside, I think it's very risky for you to date your age mate especially when you're in your late twenties.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Okay To Be 10 Years Older Than Your Wife? by mayor98: 8:03pm On Mar 02, 2018
yes
Re: Is It Okay To Be 10 Years Older Than Your Wife? by Olawale118(m): 8:24pm On Mar 02, 2018
I think OP's perspective on the subject matter is not correct. like if u agree, share if u don't

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Okay To Be 10 Years Older Than Your Wife? by Nasir123(m): 8:41pm On Mar 02, 2018
internationalman:
when I'm ready to Marry at 40 years, I'm gonna marry a 20 years old old.

#Confirm.

We are together on this one.
Sneers cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Be 10 Years Older Than Your Wife? by Mcslize: 9:35pm On Mar 02, 2018
Fongido:

Once a girl is up to 25-27 she's open for marriage and you know girls take this marriage of a thing seriously than boys do.

I think it's a tremendous waste of time dating a girl, you are 1-2 year older than or a girl that is your age mate. That's if what you guys share is authentic. It's okay if it's just for some benefits.
If it's something real. I think as a guy you'll get hurt along the way bcoz no girl gonna wait for you. No matter how much she loves you. The pressure will be more than her and she'll definitely succumb.
Before you reach that point in life that you have the financial power to dictate things, like you can say you wanna marry and you get it done, which I think it's when you're 30-33 year old if you are fast,.she might have been taken away from you.

I'm also Afraid it's dangerous to marry a woman you beat like 10 years bcoz you'll age faster than her and she might find you unattractive anymore which may lead to cheating on you.

That's not true. Ladies mature faster than guys due to their body mechanism. If you see a lady of my age mate , you will think she is my mother.
Re: Is It Okay To Be 10 Years Older Than Your Wife? by swiz123(m): 9:38pm On Mar 02, 2018
Fongido:

This post shows that you are poverty inclined

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Be 10 Years Older Than Your Wife? by crismark(m): 11:26pm On Mar 02, 2018
its very okay but i cant do it...

d highest i can take is 5yrs gap...

but she can be older dan me wit 10yrs...

i love older ladies
Re: Is It Okay To Be 10 Years Older Than Your Wife? by Kobicove(m): 6:32am On Mar 03, 2018
Older ladies have their advantages I agree but marrying a lady who is 10 years older than you?

Are you really sure you want to go down that road?

Marrying a lady who is above 40 while you are in your 30s means that she has most likely reached menopause an may have difficulty conceiving undecided
Re: Is It Okay To Be 10 Years Older Than Your Wife? by Nobody: 6:48am On Mar 03, 2018
Fongido:

At the bold face, you are very wrong. It is even better because women age faster than men.
Re: Is It Okay To Be 10 Years Older Than Your Wife? by PrimadonnaO(f): 3:47pm On Mar 03, 2018
tosyne2much:
You are very wrong.. Have you forgotten that women age faster than men?

That aside, I think it's very risky for you to date your age mate especially when you're in your late twenties.

Very correct.
Re: Is It Okay To Be 10 Years Older Than Your Wife? by PrimadonnaO(f): 3:49pm On Mar 03, 2018
Kobicove:
Older ladies have their advantages I agree but marrying a lady who is 10 years older than you?

Are you really sure you want to go down that road?

Marrying a lady who is above 40 while you are in your 30s means that she has most likely reached menopause an may have difficulty conceiving undecided

You didn't read the post properly.
Re: Is It Okay To Be 10 Years Older Than Your Wife? by tosyne2much(m): 4:36pm On Mar 03, 2018
PrimadonnaO:

Very correct.
Thank you cool

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Be 10 Years Older Than Your Wife? by Twoclans(f): 6:07pm On Mar 03, 2018
I feel the maximum gap should be 5 years, the guy should be older by five years, for guys who want to be older than their wives.

Since most times we all agree that sex is a very important aspect of marriage.age difference is kind of important.

Let me give an example with a couple that has been married for ten years and as at today the wife is 39years old and the husband is 52years old. At the wives current age her sex drive will still be high while the man is on a down turn especially if his life style includes smoking, drinking and lack of exercise. Before we know what is happening cheating sets in and stories that touch the heart begins.

My personal opinion

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Be 10 Years Older Than Your Wife? by OKUCHI11(m): 11:27pm On Mar 07, 2018
indee

(1) (Reply)

Menes That Depict A Nigerian Relationship / 20 Facts About Guys! / Lady In Ago Palace Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.