Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Petrol Vs Diesel – Which Is The More Efficient And Recommended Engine? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Petrol Vs Diesel – Which Is The More Efficient And Recommended Engine? (11384 Views)

Recommended Engine Oil For Honda Jazz2004 / Recommended Engine Oil For M52 Engine Of BMW E36 / Petrol Vs Diesel – Which Is The More Efficient And Recommended Engine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol Vs Diesel – Which Is The More Efficient And Recommended Engine? by RealGucci: 8:31am On Mar 03, 2018
the issue is most mechanics are dumbos
they prefer trial and error kind of shiiit
baba na to get one cute bike of 200k.dey use am stroll around.
Re: Petrol Vs Diesel – Which Is The More Efficient And Recommended Engine? by anoda(m): 8:41am On Mar 03, 2018
What blows me off is that the man who invented disel engine, used oil to run it, and disel engines does not require spark plugs, the compressed air gets hot enough to ignite the fuel and run the engine
Re: Petrol Vs Diesel – Which Is The More Efficient And Recommended Engine? by durubennie(m): 8:46am On Mar 03, 2018
Najyin:
Car na car. Prayer be say make we no die for accident.
Who b dis guy
Re: Petrol Vs Diesel – Which Is The More Efficient And Recommended Engine? by uuzba(m): 9:20am On Mar 03, 2018
1stolax:
Gas engine nko

I think you are right. Gas is better still. However the issue of where to keep the cylinder that will occupy extra apace. Then all your fuel gauge cannot be used to know how much gas is left. Also, the conversion kit only works on petrol engine that has spark plugs.
-
Indirectly, we're back again to buying petrol car and converting it to use gas.
Re: Petrol Vs Diesel – Which Is The More Efficient And Recommended Engine? by uuzba(m): 9:24am On Mar 03, 2018
anoda:
What blows me off is that the man who invented disel engine, used oil to run it, and disel engines does not require spark plugs, the compressed air gets hot enough to ignite the fuel and run the engine

The guy's name is Otto Diesel. He named the engine after himself. The fuel he put inside was just called oil. Because it is oil. It is success/popularity that made everybody to kukuma call the oil Diesel, and the engine Diesel engine.
Re: Petrol Vs Diesel – Which Is The More Efficient And Recommended Engine? by Teddy78(m): 9:55am On Mar 03, 2018
RealGucci:
the issue is most mechanics are dumbos
they prefer trial and error kind of shiiit
baba na to get one cute bike of 200k.dey use am stroll around.

The bike nko, petro or diesel engine...?
Re: Petrol Vs Diesel – Which Is The More Efficient And Recommended Engine? by komodapson(m): 10:07am On Mar 03, 2018
DrDeji20:
op, you raised a topic petrol vs diesel, which one is more efficient, and in the end you couldn't be able to tell us which one it is.. you just rundown what we know and left us to choose, whereby you are suppose to tell us which one is better.... this is how Nigerians fail exams.
wow!..you posses hi level of comprehension.. thumbs up
Re: Petrol Vs Diesel – Which Is The More Efficient And Recommended Engine? by BigBizzy(m): 10:16am On Mar 03, 2018
people are serious with electric cars and we are here championing the outdated Nigeria dream.
Re: Petrol Vs Diesel – Which Is The More Efficient And Recommended Engine? by justmenoni: 12:44pm On Mar 03, 2018
Ni aye electric?
Re: Petrol Vs Diesel – Which Is The More Efficient And Recommended Engine? by Najyin(m): 2:27pm On Mar 03, 2018
durubennie:

Who b dis guy

Mr. Who
Re: Petrol Vs Diesel – Which Is The More Efficient And Recommended Engine? by 9icetoo(m): 8:33pm On Mar 03, 2018
diesel over petrol any day.
torque trumps horse power.
how often do you utilise the rev range above 5000 rpm on your daily commute?
all that horsepower in a petrol engine is a waste u unless you are on the highway.
in a diesel powered vehicle, u enjoy the torque at very low revs meaning u push the pedal less in town driving. the engine doesn't labour turning over all other accessories like Ac and alternator or power steering, you visit the gas station less because of the fuel efficiency.
my old Skoda averages 6.5 liters per 100 kilometers in ph with Ac half of the time.
check my posts, you will see where I bettered 5 litres per 100 kilometer on a trip to Lagos from ph. I filled up with about 32 liters.
no petrol car can match that yet.
diesel fuel is cheaper than petrol if you remove subsidy the petrol enjoys.
when comparing both engines, it is not entirely right to use Nigerian context. over 75% of our cars are tokunbo and as such the initial cost of purchase can't be used to judge running cost during the life of the car.
there are mechanics for diesel vehicles, mine is still on the road as well as all Julius berger Skoda's and thousands of hilux vehicles used by individual and construction/oil companies.
in bonny, 90% of transport buses there are diesel and they are still going strong.
as for the issue of adulterated diesel, buy from reputable filling stations, nnpc, total, forte, oando etc and you won't have any problems. better still ask for a sample of the diesel before you purchase, if the colour isn't clear and you can't see thru the diesel inside a pure water bottle when held up against sunlight, don't purchase.
the colour shouldn't be dark. it should a shade of yellow and amber to purple. if its so dark that you can't see through it easily, don't purchase.
I easily achieve 700 km on a 50 litre fill.
if only I can lay my hands on a post 2004 Mercedes Benz diesel car.
Re: Petrol Vs Diesel – Which Is The More Efficient And Recommended Engine? by erico2k2(m): 9:56pm On Mar 03, 2018
quentin06:
diesels are better if you cover many miles and move heavy items, i noticed its more expensive to run diesel vehicles in the city as fuel consumption is much.

diesel engines are very dirty even when you do oil change its still black and dirty.

lastly the skill of doing a complete engine overhaul is fast becoming lost as the average mechanic prefers you buy another engine.
Wrong, even @ short distance diesel gives u beter mpg.This is why all (99%)taxi in Europe are diesel

1 Like

Re: Petrol Vs Diesel – Which Is The More Efficient And Recommended Engine? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 04, 2018
erico2k2:

Wrong, even @ short distance diesel gives u beter mpg.This is why all (99%)taxi in Europe are diesel

i disagree with you diesels in europe are subsidized
Re: Petrol Vs Diesel – Which Is The More Efficient And Recommended Engine? by erico2k2(m): 3:17pm On Mar 04, 2018
quentin06:

i disagree with you diesels in europe are subsidized
I dont l ike when people come on line to talk like this subsidized how, where?
Re: Petrol Vs Diesel – Which Is The More Efficient And Recommended Engine? by anoda(m): 8:37pm On Mar 04, 2018
uuzba:

The guy's name is Otto Diesel. He named the engine after himself. The fuel he put inside was just called oil. Because it is oil. It is success/popularity that made everybody to kukuma call the oil Diesel, and the engine Diesel engine.

thanks dude, noted. But won't normal oil burn at 500 degrees?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nissan Sunny 2007-2010 P2122 And P2127 No Acceleration. / Tinted Windows In Nigeria And The Police / How Do I Convert My Gear From 13 Pin To 10 Pin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.