Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Tinted Windows In Nigeria And The Police - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tinted Windows In Nigeria And The Police (11385 Views)

My Stolen Mazda 626 Has Been Recovered By The Police / How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience / Pls Help,they Say I Can't Use Tinted Windows,even Tho I Have Paid For D Permit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinted Windows In Nigeria And The Police by hauler: 9:47pm On Apr 16, 2011
Hi Guys,
I was wondering if anyone knew what the laws on window tints in Nigeria is? I heard that even factory tinted windows need permits now, and i had a friend that had to pay 50k to the police cos his windows were tinted. Can anyone shed some light on this and also give information on where to get the permit?
Thanks in advance
Re: Tinted Windows In Nigeria And The Police by hauler: 7:27am On Apr 17, 2011
Response?
Re: Tinted Windows In Nigeria And The Police by maballack(m): 7:39pm On Apr 17, 2011
Sure you do need a tint permit as of then now there is an outright ban on tinted glass , so it would be hard to get a permit , but just incase your friend has contact at force headquarter he can get one, 50K,   jeez that was a rip off, waas he scared ,
Re: Tinted Windows In Nigeria And The Police by maballack(m): 7:42pm On Apr 17, 2011
I actually got mine off a nairalander "LOMAXBIEN"  so just incase if he is still available he could be of help (years back actually)
Re: Tinted Windows In Nigeria And The Police by Nobody: 7:51pm On Apr 17, 2011
Tint permits are no longer valid, and no more are being issued,

Factory tinted glass (not film) are exempt from the ban which affects aftermarket tint film.

1 Like

Re: Tinted Windows In Nigeria And The Police by Tobobo: 7:56pm On Apr 17, 2011
if your car has a factory fitted one, i guess you are free but still have the police publication on you as some corrupt police officers will still try to extort you evn though they know you it is exempted. I have used the police publication that says factory fitted are exempted from the ban to escape from our corrupt police officers.

1 Like

Re: Tinted Windows In Nigeria And The Police by hauler: 10:13pm On Apr 17, 2011
@Tobobo
Please how can i get the police publication that you are reffering to? I need it for my factory tinted glass, i have actually encountered police officers who tried to tell me that i needed a permit for the factory fitted tint.
Thanks in advance wink
Re: Tinted Windows In Nigeria And The Police by Henrinquo: 6:10am On Apr 18, 2011
its true but same police that gave it a ban will still be the ones to violate the law
Re: Tinted Windows In Nigeria And The Police by Nobody: 9:43am On Apr 18, 2011
Henrinquo:

its true but same police that gave it a ban will still be the ones to violate the law

The ban was not imposed by the NPF. They merely enforce it.
Re: Tinted Windows In Nigeria And The Police by hauler: 9:46am On Apr 18, 2011
Please how can i get the police publication that you are reffering to? I need it for my factory tinted glass, i have actually encountered police officers who tried to tell me that i needed a permit for the factory fitted tint.
Thanks in advance
Re: Tinted Windows In Nigeria And The Police by Tobobo: 10:19am On Apr 18, 2011
let me have your mail and I will forward it. Size is 360kb in pdf and unable to upload here.
Re: Tinted Windows In Nigeria And The Police by maballack(m): 11:26am On Apr 18, 2011
Please could i also have the publication to my mail ma_ballack@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Tinted Windows In Nigeria And The Police by Tobobo: 12:15pm On Apr 18, 2011
maballack:

Please could i also have the publication to my mail ma_ballack@yahoo.com
You've got mail.
Re: Tinted Windows In Nigeria And The Police by hauler: 12:22pm On Apr 18, 2011
@tobobo
My email is: konovitch@hotmail.com
Thanks in advance! cheesy
Re: Tinted Windows In Nigeria And The Police by Tobobo: 12:27pm On Apr 18, 2011
@Hauer,
Don't move. You got mail
Re: Tinted Windows In Nigeria And The Police by Tobobo: 12:28pm On Apr 18, 2011
@Hauler,
Do you have the mail now?
Re: Tinted Windows In Nigeria And The Police by feelamong(m): 1:51pm On Apr 18, 2011
please also forward to my mail azob2002@yahoo.com
Re: Tinted Windows In Nigeria And The Police by feelamong(m): 1:51pm On Apr 18, 2011
please also forward to my email

azob2002@yahoo.com
Re: Tinted Windows In Nigeria And The Police by hauler: 2:18pm On Apr 18, 2011
@Tobobo.
I have the mail now, thank you very much for your help! wink
Re: Tinted Windows In Nigeria And The Police by jitolala(m): 2:29pm On Apr 18, 2011
pls can u help me by forwarding it to itoomuchboo@yahoo.com.
Re: Tinted Windows In Nigeria And The Police by Tobobo: 3:00pm On Apr 18, 2011
sent to feelamong and jittola.
also help to forward to others that may request.
Re: Tinted Windows In Nigeria And The Police by chrisvdt: 3:36pm On Apr 18, 2011
Hi tobobo: nice one, pls to, internetmaker@hotmail.com , cheers
Re: Tinted Windows In Nigeria And The Police by Tobobo: 3:56pm On Apr 18, 2011
chrisvdt:

Hi tobobo: nice one, pls to, internetmaker@hotmail.com , cheers

sent. pls don't run away o. so u can forward to others.
Re: Tinted Windows In Nigeria And The Police by obojo(m): 4:14pm On Apr 18, 2011
just upload it somewhere like sendspace and share the link
Re: Tinted Windows In Nigeria And The Police by xpensiv: 4:25pm On Apr 18, 2011
Pls can I get the publication too, stephen2k32003@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Tinted Windows In Nigeria And The Police by DrSmooth1: 4:34pm On Apr 18, 2011
Please,I'd like a copy of the publication as well.My email is layiaderiye@yahoo.com.Thanks mate and good looking out.
Re: Tinted Windows In Nigeria And The Police by LAGATA(m): 4:48pm On Apr 18, 2011
tobobo no doubt ur good. pls can one of the beneficiaries frm tobobo forward same to me
ajifather1@yahoo.com
tnx
Re: Tinted Windows In Nigeria And The Police by dgov(m): 4:55pm On Apr 18, 2011
PLs find attached.

Re: Tinted Windows In Nigeria And The Police by nuelsaxman: 6:14am On Apr 19, 2011
pls am in need of the publication also, my mail is nuelsaxman@yahoo.com
Re: Tinted Windows In Nigeria And The Police by noel76(m): 7:26am On Apr 19, 2011
@ tobobo pls i nid the publication too iraborn45@yahoo.com.

tanks
Re: Tinted Windows In Nigeria And The Police by mastro: 7:52am On Apr 19, 2011
People

Posted by: dgov
Insert Quote
PLs find attached.

It's been attached above just click on the link

This is what nairaland should be about, helping each other,
Re: Tinted Windows In Nigeria And The Police by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 19, 2011
mastro:

People
It's been attached above just click on the link
This is what nairaland should be about, helping each other,

Very true.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pro And Con Of Golf 4 Please Advice With Your Experience !!! / NADDC To Introduce Road Worthiness Proof For Clearing Tokunbo Cars / Tire Threads And Their Meaning.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.