Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

If It Wasn’t For Slavery, I Might Be Somewhere In Africa Worshipping A Tree. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / If It Wasn’t For Slavery, I Might Be Somewhere In Africa Worshipping A Tree. (1344 Views)

Man Demands US Pay $3M For Every Black Person As Reparation For Slavery(video) / Australian Girl, Clinging For Life To A Tree Is Airlifted To Safety( Pix, Video) / Jamaica Will Petition The Queen Of England For Slavery Reparations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If It Wasn’t For Slavery, I Might Be Somewhere In Africa Worshipping A Tree. by diasporaman(m): 7:16am On Mar 03, 2018
Shocking, black Florida State Rep. Kimberly Daniels thanks God for slavery, claiming “if it wasn’t for slavery, I might be somewhere in Africa worshipping a tree.”

Rep. Daniels, the sponsor of a bill recently passed by the Florida House that would force every public school to post “In God We Trust” signs, is a dangerous religious extremist that dreams of a Christian theocracy.

During her closing speech on the “In God We Trust” bill, Rep. Daniels cited the recent shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida:

Daniels said that God is the “light” and “our schools need light in them like never before.”

She added that gun issues need to be addressed, but the “real thing that needs to be addressed are issues of the heart”

Seventeen people were killed at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. No imaginary God stopped the shooter, and any trust placed in that imaginary God, or a sign invoking that imaginary God, is trust misplaced.

In a Facebook post documenting Daniels’s profound confusion, The Freedom From Religion Foundation (FFRF) notes:

Florida State Representative Kimberly Daniels is on a religious mission, a mission to force her god on other people’s children. She’s been completely open about this theocratic goal as she preaches, “exorcises demons,” and “speaks in tongues.”

Indeed, Daniels is on a religious mission, and she shows no understanding or respect for the secular values upon which this nation was founded. In fact, the confused Christian extremist even goes so far as to thank God for slavery.

In one jaw-dropping clip from the FFRF video, Daniels declares:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pBYtVtcoXs

I thank God for slavery… If it wasn’t for slavery, I might be somewhere in Africa worshipping a tree.

Wow.

In another clip from the FFRF video Daniels proudly promotes anti-semitic slurs while minimizing the Holocaust, proclaiming:

You can talk about the Holocaust, but the Jews own everything!

Bottom line: Florida State Rep. Kimberly Daniels, the sponsor of a bill that would force Florida public schools to post “In God We Trust” signs, is a dangerous Christian extremist who thanks God for slavery, and claims that “if it wasn’t for slavery, I might be somewhere in Africa worshipping a tree.”

https://diasporareporters.com/wasnt-slavery-might-somewhere-africa-worshipping-tree/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If It Wasn’t For Slavery, I Might Be Somewhere In Africa Worshipping A Tree. by diasporaman(m): 7:16am On Mar 03, 2018
This is a big insult to the African race. Shame on Kimberly Daniels, she's bereft of what is happening in Africa today

5 Likes

Re: If It Wasn’t For Slavery, I Might Be Somewhere In Africa Worshipping A Tree. by EvilChild: 7:17am On Mar 03, 2018
Exactly, it's either you're gonna be in Kenya sharing the same environment with mentally retarded mofos or in
Zimbabwe sharing the same environment with sex starved idiots or in
Nigeria being ruled by a dead corpse with zero iota of wisdom and a certified slowpoke.

1 Like

Re: If It Wasn’t For Slavery, I Might Be Somewhere In Africa Worshipping A Tree. by blackbreed25(m): 7:22am On Mar 03, 2018
madam we don't worship trees anymore here as you da reason am.... but honestly if that slavery thing come again am going without thinking twice
Re: If It Wasn’t For Slavery, I Might Be Somewhere In Africa Worshipping A Tree. by stanech: 7:23am On Mar 03, 2018
Yea or in Nigeria hoping to be a snake so you can swallow 36m.

I agree with her on this slavery thing jare. But on the jew thing it is a huge no for me

1 Like

Re: If It Wasn’t For Slavery, I Might Be Somewhere In Africa Worshipping A Tree. by Nobody: 7:26am On Mar 03, 2018
Well.... I would agree to an extent, Africa is a shit hole continent....

Africans are not humans..but animals.

Take Nigeria as a case study, shit hole President, shit hole law makers, shit hole Governors.

No electric, no food, hunger everywhere...

OK , take northern Nigeria as a case study, they live like animals, hunger and constant brain washing is the other of the day.

2 Likes

Re: If It Wasn’t For Slavery, I Might Be Somewhere In Africa Worshipping A Tree. by diasporaman(m): 7:31am On Mar 03, 2018
Nonsense
Re: If It Wasn’t For Slavery, I Might Be Somewhere In Africa Worshipping A Tree. by Samsimple(m): 7:32am On Mar 03, 2018
if to say my great great great grand father no runaway during that slave trade for Benin... oohh chaiii them con born me for this God forsaken country where a dying old confused ignorant man rules us eeewwooohhhh "rolls on the floor"

Re: If It Wasn’t For Slavery, I Might Be Somewhere In Africa Worshipping A Tree. by sirusX(m): 7:46am On Mar 03, 2018
blackbreed25:
madam we don't worship trees anymore here as you da reason am.... but honestly if that slavery thing come again am going without thinking twice
It’s still on in Libya though grin

Anywayz, on her matter though...you don’t force religion on other people

She needs to be aware that America is filled with people from all the continents and that implies mixed race and culture, so they shouldn’t have them write things they don’t want to...Just like nairaland and Muslim threads
Re: If It Wasn’t For Slavery, I Might Be Somewhere In Africa Worshipping A Tree. by Europeman: 8:51am On Mar 03, 2018
Wrong statement
Re: If It Wasn’t For Slavery, I Might Be Somewhere In Africa Worshipping A Tree. by Nobody: 11:18am On Mar 03, 2018
Actually ur now worshipping a wooden pole grin

So have the things changed for the good or the worse , I leave it to Kimberly Daniels to decide. wink

trees r what is keeping us alive , guess the ancient people were more intelligent , pragmatic and without ulterior motives than the ones who replaced them later on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If It Wasn’t For Slavery, I Might Be Somewhere In Africa Worshipping A Tree. by wakaman: 1:23pm On Mar 03, 2018
Suspect she has some yanmiri blood in her. Jewish wannabes.
Re: If It Wasn’t For Slavery, I Might Be Somewhere In Africa Worshipping A Tree. by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 03, 2018
I don't Blame her

Re: If It Wasn’t For Slavery, I Might Be Somewhere In Africa Worshipping A Tree. by diasporaman(m): 7:22am On Mar 04, 2018
Poor Yoruba lady
Re: If It Wasn’t For Slavery, I Might Be Somewhere In Africa Worshipping A Tree. by Niflheim(m): 12:02pm On Mar 05, 2018
She thanks god for all the Africans who were massacred and packed into ships like sardines? Where they were forced to piss and shit on top of themselves?!!!

Are these the people who claim that atheism is a mental illness? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: If It Wasn’t For Slavery, I Might Be Somewhere In Africa Worshipping A Tree. by Nobody: 2:02am On Mar 06, 2018
Nature is Divine DUMBFUCK I guess she doesn't know that.
Re: If It Wasn’t For Slavery, I Might Be Somewhere In Africa Worshipping A Tree. by panafrican(m): 3:57am On Mar 06, 2018
This is not an Black man talking.
You are a low class whitey trying to run away from your broken like. Go hang yourself or shoot yourself in the head to death.
Re: If It Wasn’t For Slavery, I Might Be Somewhere In Africa Worshipping A Tree. by CAPSLOCKED: 9:05am On Mar 06, 2018
diasporaman:
Shocking, black Florida State Rep. Kimberly Daniels thanks God for slavery, claiming “if it wasn’t for slavery, I might be somewhere in Africa worshipping a tree.”

I thank God for slavery… If it wasn’t for slavery, I might be somewhere in Africa worshipping a tree.

THIS IS QUITE REASONABLE CONSIDERING THAT A TREE ACTUALLY EXISTS.

PROVIDES US FRUITS, OXYGEN, AND WOOD FOR OUR FURNITURE, AND BOOKS.

ONE OF MY FRIEND WHO IS A TREE PROVIDES RUBBER.. WHICH IS A VERY IMPORTANT PRODUCT.
ANOTHER ONE PROVIDES CASH & FOOD CROP(S) AND MANY OTHERS PREVENT TO AN EXTENT, EROSIONS AND DAMAGES TO THE MICRO ORGANISMS THAT LIVE IN THE GROUP.
WHERE THERE ARE A GROUP OF TREES, (FOREST) YOU'LL FIND LOTS OF WILDLIFE.

THE BENEFITS OF HAVING "A TREE" IS SO NUMEROUS, THAT LIFE WOULD ALMOST BE IMPOSSIBLE WITHOUT IT.

ADVANTAGES OF BEING RELIGIOUS? ERROR 404.

SO TODAY I OFFICIALLY DECLARE MYSELF A TREE WORSHIPPER, OF THE GREAT IROKO RELIGION.

I'M A "TREESTIAN". THANKS TO THIS THREAD FOR HELPING ME MAKE THIS DISCOVERY. smiley

1 Like

Re: If It Wasn’t For Slavery, I Might Be Somewhere In Africa Worshipping A Tree. by LordReed(m): 7:45pm On Mar 06, 2018
Dumb arse woman. As if slavery is better than being one of the people who potentially developed African civilization.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Donald Trump Insinuates Regime Change For Nigeria In 2019 / Uk Sharia Council Scholar Says The Taliban Have ‘grown Up’ / Palin Would Support War With Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.