Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,421 members, 7,954,662 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:54 AM

Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) - Autos (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) (81315 Views)

Why Are Cars Sold At Abule Egba and Ijaiye In Lagos So Cheap? / The Shocking Transformation Of This Crashed Toyota Sienna In Nigeria (Photos) / No Clean Title US Used Cars Sold In Nigeria Ignore Your Car Dealer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by chukel(m): 2:24pm On Mar 05, 2018
Ipfreely:

Now we're in more familiar territory. Getting cars registered isn't as easy elsewhere as it is in Nigeria. There are tons of checks. Emissions, etc etc. Roadworthiness in Nigeria is a huge joke, it isn't in North America.

If, after all these repairs chukel alluded to, these vehicles don't pass any of the DMV tests, good luck registering and using that vehicle legally.
you get the point. The repairs are standard. But here, the repairs are cosmetic to deceive the buy. Dealers deal with buyers ruthlessly. Stuff cloth in place of airbags, use cheap parts from an entirely different brand just to get car moving. All we need is sincerity.
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by Explorers(m): 2:24pm On Mar 05, 2018
chukel:
pls let's not exaggerate these things. Whites buy these cars in their numbers, fix them up and sell at dealerships. They use these cars there a lot. In fact they drive up the prices at auction as a result of their interests and having excess cash cos they don't get to ship and pay custom duty. The campaign is full disclosure.

But there will be history if you're buying such cars from white like you said.

Look at first post, Honda 2014, is that exaggeration?

1 Like

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 2:24pm On Mar 05, 2018
valarinz:

So, what are you now saying pls??
There is a reason your car has a salvage tittle, we should stick to it, cars not properly repaired is a moving death trap!
But I know if you fix these cars to factory or road worthy standards, they become far expenssive!
NB, If you decalre your car salvaged but repaired at point of sale, and you intend to sell @ say N4m, I will deff say I would pay N2,5M after inspection.No way will I pay same as a car with a clean bill of health prior shipping to Nigeria!
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by Ipfreely: 2:24pm On Mar 05, 2018
valarinz:

So, what are you now saying pls??

Your vehicle was accidented. Your vehicle has a salvage title. An accident is an accident. There are different severity levels but your vehicle was accidented.
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by finni(m): 2:26pm On Mar 05, 2018
What a wonderful exposition!

But note that it is always a two ways thing; by which you want too cheap and you will get too cheap.

We do not compromise at Albert Finni Motors; what you want is what you get.

No hank-panky.

Do a business with us today!

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by valarinz: 2:30pm On Mar 05, 2018
erico2k2:

There is a reason your car has a salvage tittle, we should stick to it, cars not properly repaired is a moving death trap!
But I know if you fix these cars to factory or road worthy standards, they become far expenssive!
NB, If you decalre your car salvaged but repaired at point of sale, and you intend to sell @ say N4m, I will deff say I would pay N2,5M after inspection.No way will I pay same as a car with a clean bill of health prior shipping to Nigeria!

So you're now saying that cos of that bumper I shouldn't sell my car for the price I sold it?? Is that it? Or I should have tagged it "accident car"??
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by chukel(m): 2:30pm On Mar 05, 2018
valarinz:

Ok bro, but from what u just saw, what was I supposed to tag the car ? "Accidented"?

NB : Note there was no structural damage to even the rear chassis that house that bumper, so will that make me to tag my car as accidented cos I change bumper or paint some minor dents on the door?

Note that the genesis of this attack on my personality is that I dared to have a different opinion from the way ericko saw it after his car sales adventure didn't quite work out well and despite all the noises, the only dirt he could pull was a fallen bumper

Waiting..
if don't want to tag it accident, at least don't tag it accident free. I quite understand you. But our grouse is tagging a salvage car non accidented. It's all about full disclosure either voluntarily or when asked. It's also all about not giving deceitful information. I feel it's more responsible to be silent than do the later.

5 Likes

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by Ipfreely: 2:31pm On Mar 05, 2018
Explorers:

https://www.nairaland.com/4368320/awoof..2014-toks-honda-accord..accident-free

This Honda shocked me.
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by Ipfreely: 2:32pm On Mar 05, 2018
finni:
What a wonderful exposition!

But note that it is always a two ways thing; by which you want too cheap and you will get too cheap.

We do not compromise at Albert Finni Motors; what you want is what you get.

No hank-panky.

Do a business with us today!

Take a hike.
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 2:32pm On Mar 05, 2018
valarinz:

So you're now saying that cos of that bumper I shouldn't sell my car for the price I sold it?? Is that it? Or I should have tagged it "accident car"??
there was a section for you to give brief discription, did you?
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by valarinz: 2:34pm On Mar 05, 2018
Ipfreely:

Your vehicle was accidented. Your vehicle has a salvage title. An accident is an accident. There are different severity levels but your vehicle was accidented.

I believe you know exactly where this is going, everyone has an input on the thread and I as well do, then someone jumps in and tries to use the fact I also sell cars on NL to try to bully me and of all the name calling and sayin I'm a fraud and scammer, this is what all the dirt he could pull on me,

Now do you also think I should have tagged this car "accident car" on my ad, or are you also trying to say you're holy too?
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by chronique(m): 2:34pm On Mar 05, 2018
Explorers:

Sir, i appreciate your comment, so reasonable.

Am not a car dealer, but i know clean title cars are expensive.

Some clean title 2010 camry on carsforsale.com can go as high as $7,000 - $10,000(that's almost 2.5m - 3m in naira without shipping and clearing), by the time you take it to your stand, you've spent almost 4m naira on just one car without adding your profit/gain.

Who will pay 4m for a muscle camry?

Money will be tied down for months.

Because of this huge cost, some dealers prefer bringing in crashed cars that will be less expensive which is bad as long as the cars are not irreparable.

But sir, what am saying is, if a dealer is bringing in accidented cars, he should let the buyers no about the accident/the history.

I dont know if you'll believe that some dealers will import extremely crashed/flooded/rollover cars with about 300k or more on the odometer.

They will roll back the odo.

They will tag it accident free/clean title with huge price.

Like you said, some crashed cars are expensive and i agree.

But the reason for this thread is why tagging a car accident free/clean title when the car has been badly damaged, rolled over, with deployed airbags, damaged frames and like that.

I dont have any reason to hate anyone, am not not a dealer.

We should just be sincere to ourselves.

A Camry of $10,000 is roughly 3.6m+ at CBN exchange rate without shipping or clearing. If you add shipping+clearing+ dealer's profit,you are looking at almost 5m naira. Advertise that on Nairaland here,and watch miscreants call you all manner of names. I've bee there before and I know what's up. That being said,I won't dispute the fact that there are greedy dealers. I know someone who shipped in an accidented Highlander years ago and fixed it to resell. When he wanted to bid for it, I told him not to buy it for resale but to buy it and butcher it for parts. He came here and fixed it and spent a lot of money on it,and could barely even sell it well... I agree that people should disclose the history of cars here.

As regards the issue of rolled back mileage, it is ignorance that is killing Nigerians and at such,they become a victim of their over sabi. Do you know that some cars with high mileage on the odometer, usually have their engines changed at around 180k-220k km? When the engine has been changed,the car doesn't start reading from zero. Sometimes, a car with a landing mileage of 350k, might have had the engine changed at 280k. This means the current engine would be on about 70k. Instead of our people to focus on the performance of the car and how sound the engine is,they'd be shouting mileage is too high. Dealers who are desperate to sell,end up rolling back mileage to suit the customer's ignorance. Some rolled back mileages are even done in the US. Imagine a client looking for 2003 corolla with mileage of 80k max,in 2018. The average drive for a car is about 15k miles/yr in the US but some cars do more than that yearly. Multiply 15k by 15 yrs and that gives you 225k miles. But you'd see ignorant over sabi folks,demanding maximum of 80-100k miles. This is why most dealers resort to tricks.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by Ugosample(m): 2:36pm On Mar 05, 2018
But why are my country men criminally minded like this bikonu undecided
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by Ipfreely: 2:36pm On Mar 05, 2018
chukel:
you get the point. The repairs are standard. But here, the repairs are cosmetic to deceive the buy. Dealers deal with buyers ruthlessly. Stuff cloth in place of airbags, use cheap parts from an entirely different brand just to get car moving. All we need is sincerity.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by chukel(m): 2:37pm On Mar 05, 2018
Explorers:

yes, there will be history but not in all cases. I won't go to explain that now. Truth is that most of our dealers bring in badly accidented cars. Badly accidented that you think they are imported solely for parts. A trip to Tin can will make u weep. Sometimes out of the greed of dealers they do these things. Some other times out of the unreasonable demand of people. Someone will want a 2010 Venza but he has just 2m. A wicked dealer will just want to take advantage. We have a long way to go in this country. Our values are horrible.
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 2:39pm On Mar 05, 2018
chronique:

A Camry of $10,000 is roughly 3.6m+ at CBN exchange rate without shipping or clearing. If you add shipping+clearing+ dealer's profit,you are looking at almost 5m naira. Advertise that on Nairaland here,and watch miscreants call you all manner of names. I've bee there before and I know what's up. That being said,I won't dispute the fact that there are greedy dealers. I know someone who shipped in an accidented Highlander years ago and fixed it to resell. When he wanted to bid for it, I told him not to buy it for resale but to buy it and butcher it for parts. He came here and fixed it and spent a lot of money on it,and could barely even sell it well... I agree that people should disclose the history of cars here.

As regards the issue of rolled back mileage, it is ignorance that is killing Nigerians and at such,they become a victim of their over sabi. Do you know that some cars with high mileage on the odometer, usually have their engines changed at around 180k-220k km? When the engine has been changed,the car doesn't start reading from zero. Sometimes, a car with a landing mileage of 350k, might have had the engine changed at 280k. This means the current engine would be on about 70k. Instead of our people to focus on the performance of the car and how sound the engine is,they'd be shouting mileage is too high. Dealers who are desperate to sell,end up rolling back mileage to suit the customer's ignorance. Some rolled back mileages are even done in the US. Imagine a client looking for 2003 corolla with mileage of 80k max,in 2018. The average drive for a car is about 15k miles/yr in the US but some cars do more than that yearly. Multiply 15k by 15 yrs and that gives you 225k miles. But you'd see ignorant over sabi folks,demanding maximum of 80-100k miles. This is why most dealers resort to tricks.
your 1st paragraph was amazing.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by Ipfreely: 2:40pm On Mar 05, 2018
erico2k2:

your 1st paragraph was amazing.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by finni(m): 2:40pm On Mar 05, 2018
Ipfreely:

Take a hike.

Are we fighting...?
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 2:40pm On Mar 05, 2018
chukel:
yes, there will be history but not in all cases. I won't go to explain that now. Truth is that most of our dealers bring in badly accidented cars. Badly accidented that you think they are imported solely for parts. A trip to Tin can will make u weep. Sometimes out of the greed of dealers they do these things. Some other times out of the unreasonable demand of people. Someone will want a 2010 Venza but he has just 2m. A wicked dealer will just want to take advantage. We have a long way to go in this country. Our values are horrible.
Oh they clear them at the port cheaper too, thats a fact, and shipping cars as parts is way cheaper than roro
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 2:42pm On Mar 05, 2018
Ipfreely:

grin grin
Responding to true cost of cars and how its hard to sell a clean car for its real price and make profit.! grin grin
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by Ipfreely: 2:45pm On Mar 05, 2018
chronique:

If the response to ridiculous requests by buyers with little knowledge about auto import business, is to engage in fraudulent and criminal activity to satisfy those silly and unrealistic demands, well I'm sorry to say that that is criminal.

That would be like someone saying that the reason they sell plastic rice is because buyers come and haggle 2000 naira for a bag of good rice.

Logical, perhaps. But very dishonest.

2 Likes

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by Ipfreely: 2:48pm On Mar 05, 2018
finni:

Are we fighting...?

smiley Jousting for the soul of the autos section.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by Cosplay: 2:49pm On Mar 05, 2018
Meanwhile I’m back, for anyone looking for trouble. Valarinz I see you lurking in the shadows. Come on into the light sir.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by Cosplay: 2:50pm On Mar 05, 2018
Where’s that criminal ately and his sidekick ekeneelectronics?
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by Cosplay: 2:50pm On Mar 05, 2018
Y’all should appear immediATELY grin cheesy

Demeanors I see y’all. Slow but steady.
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by chronique(m): 2:52pm On Mar 05, 2018
Ipfreely:

If the response to ridiculous requests by buyers with little knowledge about auto import business, is to engage in fraudulent and criminal activity to satisfy those silly and unrealistic demands, well I'm sorry to say that that is criminal.

That would be like someone saying that the reason they sell plastic rice is because buyers come and haggle 2000 naira for a bag of good rice.

Logical, perhaps. But very dishonest.

I'm not holding a brief for those who engage in sharp practices. I actually want people to know the value of a clean title car so that when we bring in such and advertise it,they wouldn't ask why it is that expensive. I've heard that story too many times. Besides, you and I know that not everybody is disciplined enough to stick to appropriate ways of doing business. Just a few have that grace and discipline.
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by imma2(m): 2:53pm On Mar 05, 2018
@Explorers. Please can you do me a favour? Check this VIN JTEES42A282052125 for me. Thanks in advance
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:56pm On Mar 05, 2018
Cosplay:
Y’all should appear immediATELY grin cheesy

Demeanors I see y’all. Slow but steady.

some of us apply diplomacy first,
until the hand is caught in the cookie jar wink
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by Cosplay: 2:56pm On Mar 05, 2018
imma2:
@Explorers. Please can you do me a favour? Check this VIN JTEES42A282052125 for me. Thanks in advance

Oga get a paid comprehensive check via Computerglobal ‭0806 036 5068‬. Don’t be penny wise. *not the clown grin

1 Like

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by Cosplay: 2:57pm On Mar 05, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

some of us apply diplomacy first,
until the hand is caught in the cookie jar wink

cool cool
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by chukel(m): 3:02pm On Mar 05, 2018
imma2:
lol. Explorer u don get new job o. Look. For computerglobal

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Preorder Cars from Dubai: Prado, Hilux, Hiace, Benz, Coaster, Rolls-Royce... / Free 2-day Vehicle History Report(over 1000 Free Carfax &autocheck Reports) / ⚫⚫ Premium Vehicle History Reports + Vehicle Pictures : VIN / Chassis No. ⚫⚫

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.