Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,296 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP (30926 Views)

Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari / Buhari Rejects Nigerian Peace Corps Bill / Senate Drops Nigerian Peace Corps Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by stano2(m): 4:49pm On Mar 03, 2018
Fools
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by estyvino(m): 4:49pm On Mar 03, 2018
It is laughable For those who oppose Peace Corps bill

They keep telling you there is no money and you believed them

My brother, money needed to fund Peace Corps is readily available, truth is presidency don't even know financial capacity of this nation

Hence only the one they so desire is the one they share to themselves

Tomorrow is brighter
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by TUBLEZ(m): 4:49pm On Mar 03, 2018
PDP that didn't sign Federal task force.. Awon wereeeee
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by biggerboyc(m): 4:50pm On Mar 03, 2018
Ok
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by seunmsg(m): 4:51pm On Mar 03, 2018
ellalina:
Let’s think straight
What will hall to them now
These guys already have military Trainning’s
They are now tools in the hands of crime
Watch out security agencies

Who gave them military training?

3 Likes

Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by MayhorE(m): 4:51pm On Mar 03, 2018
That's the problem with this old gigs,, kept repeating the same things, and I won't be surprised if some Nigerians still vote them in.
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by okerekeikpo: 4:51pm On Mar 03, 2018
Pls u people should vote for pdp so that they will help we peace corps officers we don too suffer for this country

1 Like

Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by TUBLEZ(m): 4:52pm On Mar 03, 2018
PDP that didn't sign Federal task force.. Awon were eeee, Peace Corps that has been here since aiye alalumolee
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by Jabioro: 4:54pm On Mar 03, 2018
Oponu pora mole!
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by okerekeikpo: 4:54pm On Mar 03, 2018
ibbryte:

Nigeria likes duplication of function alot.

Do you know anybody with a samsung s6 with a dead panel?
I am willing to buy the screen.
My phone number on profile.
I know but for saying shit about peace corps I won't tell you, go and buy a new phone
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by samwash(m): 4:54pm On Mar 03, 2018
If Buhari pass dis Peace Corps bill na, Dis same PDP will still come out to criticized d ruling government of duplication of duty.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by LZAA: 4:57pm On Mar 03, 2018
Ecstasy154:
The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has said its government would not waste time in assenting to the Peace Corps of Nigeria establishment bill if voted into power in the 2019 presidential elections.

The party’s national publicity secretary, Mr. Kola Ologbondiyan, made this known in a statement while reacting to President Muhammadu Buhari’s refusal to assent to the Peace Corps bill passed by the national assembly in 2017.

The PDP stated that the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, lacked youth-driven ideologies and should be voted out in the forthcoming general elections for failing to create any job opportunities for the teeming jobless Nigerians as it promised during the 2015 pre-election campaigns

Ologbondiyan said, “The PDP noted with dismay how a party that promised massive job creation would decline assenting to such a bill meant to create millions of jobs for Nigerians”.

The party stressed that citing of financial difficulties as reasons for rejecting the bill as laughable, questioning what the APC administration was doing or has done with the so-called billions of naira it allegedly recovered in its witch-hunting fight against corruption.

The main opposition party maintained that voting the APC out of power was the only option left for Nigerians, declaring that the APC had nothing tangible to offer Nigerians rather than leading the country backward.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/03/03/will-happen-peace-corps-bill-regain-power-pdp/

Absolutely unnecessary PDP
that is just duplicity
do not tow the propaganda route
but wait i thought they said GEJ was clueless
what shld we call bubu nah grin
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by Ndolarr: 4:59pm On Mar 03, 2018
Very silly promise and self serving! How many jobs can Peace Corps create? It is unnecessary treasury drainer! Rather, the Corps should transform to 'Rice Corps' and engage in the value chain activities! It can also be any other agric produce. By so doing, their impact will be felt more in terms of food production, employment creation, larger no. of youths earning good income and forex conservation, among others. We should not politicise everything. PDP should advise the Youth Corps guys properly; engage APC - led federal government to provide the needed loan support to them and help to move the country forward. This is better than playing cheap politics with the lives of young ones!

1 Like

Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 03, 2018
Cattle colonies for Fulani herdsmen is a more pressing need than peace corps
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by ACE1010: 5:02pm On Mar 03, 2018
tuniski:
Yes ooo pdp to the rescue!

Clap for yourself.......pdthieves our foot!!!
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by Nedfed(m): 5:04pm On Mar 03, 2018
When u vote a dullard to be ur president what do u expect?
Enjoy the CHANGE u all voted for grin me while...

https://www.nairaland.com/4377564/pictures-many-nigeria-peace-corps/1#65525664
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by Peterosky(m): 5:14pm On Mar 03, 2018
Nigerians are just confused set of people. Since the APC administration came on board, it has done nothing but cause a lot of Nigerians lost their jobs,which we have seriously complained about. This situation has even caused a lot of hardship, deaths and even suicides in the country. I will agree with the argument that passing the Peace Corps bill into law will amount to duplication of duties. But if we See it as waste of resources, what will you say about our national legislature? is it not the same duplication of duties between Senate and Reps? I am already working, it doesn't affect me in any way whether the bill is past into law or not. But what about our jobless youths. The money that is being looted from this country every day will be better paid to Peace Corps where a lot of people hoping for a meaningful life will benefit. I support PDP on this. Let Buhari sign the bill into law, whether it's duplication or not. APC while looking for power made a lot of promises including creating millions of jobs yearly for the unemployed which they have not done. This is the only opportunity for them to create a few jobs out of what they promised.
Nigerians let us please support the Peace Corps bill for the sake of our jobless brothers and sisters.

1 Like

Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by 4laferarri(m): 5:16pm On Mar 03, 2018
seunmsg:
Another reason not to ever vote PDP back to Ask rock.

I believe you
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:18pm On Mar 03, 2018
first sensible quote
samwash:
If Buhari pass dis Peace Corps bill na, Dis same PDP will still come out to criticized d ruling government of duplication of duty.
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by misgab: 5:18pm On Mar 03, 2018
That why you will never ever get to villa again. you this wastrel called PDP that is so clueless not to see the death traps in the so called Peac e Corp although am not surprised your short sightedness drove Nigeria into recession in the first place.Mtchwwwwwwwwwwwww. So you will foolishly add more burden to the existing recurrent expenditure that is killing capital vote in the country. You PDP are completely brainless

2 Likes

Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by sirley(m): 5:19pm On Mar 03, 2018
PDP has to be quite bcoz there time has gone...

Trust PDP at your own peril
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by misgab: 5:24pm On Mar 03, 2018
Peterosky:
Nigerians are just confused set of people. Since the APC administration came on board, it has done nothing but cause a lot of Nigerians lost their jobs,which we have seriously complained about. This situation has even caused a lot of hardship, deaths and even suicides in the country. I will agree with the argument that passing the Peace Corps bill into law will amount to duplication of duties. But if we See it as waste of resources, what will you say about our national legislature? is it not the same duplication of duties between Senate and Reps? I am already working, it doesn't affect me in any way whether the bill is past into law or not. But what about our jobless youths. The money that is being looted from this country every day will be better paid to Peace Corps where a lot of people hoping for a meaningful life will benefit. I support PDP on this. Let Buhari sign the bill into law, whether it's duplication or not. APC while looking for power made a lot of promises including creating millions of jobs yearly for the unemployed which they have not done. This is the only opportunity for them to create a few jobs out of what they promised.
Nigerians let us please support the Peace Corps bill for the sake of our jobless brothers and sisters.
as much as I will have love to agree with you two wrongs don't make a right besides do you know that with a prudent plan of 5 years all the abandoned projects in this country will be completed giving millions of job and foreign exchange to the country. we need to add value to the system not take the little that is left. You are saying I can wake up tomorrow and start hunger corps.
If the man really mean well for the country let him train people on agricultural based initiatives and see if government will not buy into it. This is not US and the climes where Peace Corps exist is a voluntary organisation that doesn't depend on government patronage to exist.
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by chamberlinco1983: 5:25pm On Mar 03, 2018
tuniski:
Yes ooo pdp to the rescue!
what Kind Of Rescue.Why Didnt They Do It When They Were In Administration.Bro Lets Beware Of Political Propaganda.Pdp And Apc Are Jst Same.
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by kmaster007: 5:27pm On Mar 03, 2018
nah waha ooooo, Nigeria d country of diffrt type of drama with our politicians. make God save us from dem
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by CID11: 5:27pm On Mar 03, 2018
I was really considering voting for you. But as a result of this my vote goes elsewhere. govt doesn't provide jobs they create idiot. Things will balance out by the time private refinerys come up. they will power the plants. Electricity will be up and so jobs. I repeat we do not need another SARS or CIVIL DEFENCE. They are all bunch of nuisance causing pains to the average Nigerian

2 Likes

Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 5:37pm On Mar 03, 2018
okerekeikpo:
Pls u people should vote for pdp so that they will help we peace corps officers we don too suffer for this country
Isn't this selfishness. We don't need any peace corp, enough of duplication of duties. The only agency that can be added is state police which we are not ripe enough for it because of our rogue governors.

1 Like

Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 5:39pm On Mar 03, 2018
This useless PDP are finding all means to gain power. After the wasted years without anything productive. Abeg, Nigerians are wise enough.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by docadams: 5:46pm On Mar 03, 2018
Firefire:
APC had nothing tangible to offer Nigerians rather than leading the country backward.

Wonderful!

You see how difficult it is for you to muster progressive thoughts following your years of mental
and emotional slavery to PDP. So bad you don't even know the issue at stake is all about PDP and not APC.

1 Like

Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 03, 2018
Just listen to the PDP føøl

99% of Nigerian politicians are deadheads grin
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by Peterosky(m): 5:48pm On Mar 03, 2018
misgab:

as much as I will have love to agree with you two wrongs don't make a right besides do you know that with a prudent plan of 5 years all the abandoned projects in this country will be completed giving millions of job and foreign exchange to the country. we need to add value to the system not take the little that is left. You are saying I can wake up tomorrow and start hunger corps.
If the man really mean well for the country let him train people on agricultural based initiatives and see if government will not buy into it. This is not US and the climes where Peace Corps exist is a voluntary organisation that doesn't depend on government patronage to exist.
.It is either that you are a police officer or you are comfortable and do not border about the sufferings of many jobless youths. As long as Buhari and APC remain in power, there can never be development driven policies that will ensure judicious use of our resources and as such using the resources that would be squandered by a few on Peace Corps officers will only ensure that the resources are redistributed in such a way that the masses are affected positively.
I am tired of seeing many youths wonder about, while the political elites in the helm of affairs squander our resources with all amount of recklessness. Please let us join hands and support the passage of bill into law.
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by emmxzy(m): 5:49pm On Mar 03, 2018
i think nigeria will be a better country if we stop d idea of voting parties, instead of voting party let vote for whom we think is responsible,capable and not currupt

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why We Gave Jonathan Nearly 1 Million Votes — Akpabio / Election Of Senator Eyinnaya Abaribe Nullified In Abia State / How Nigeria Made Gambian Supreme Court Give Unfavourable Judgement To Jammeh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.