Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,613 members, 7,955,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:42 PM

We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP (31026 Views)

Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari / Buhari Rejects Nigerian Peace Corps Bill / Senate Drops Nigerian Peace Corps Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by samuel2018: 5:50pm On Mar 03, 2018
Idiot people, idiot political parties and useless candidates. You think you can fool us with your cheap promises and later starve us for four year's. Sango lo MA PA gbogbo yin

2 Likes

Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 03, 2018
all these parties and politicians are all useless. No way for naija yet. God help us
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by segzyndpep(m): 5:52pm On Mar 03, 2018
I am an interior designer with knowledge of 3D software (Sketchup/Vray) to avoid guess work for client and myself.I have work for architectural firm for 2years In lagos, before i relocate to Ilorin/kwara state, though i am available to travel.

My specialty is low cost, high style decorating. I love budget's and work very hard to find the perfect affordable pieces while still keeping the integrity of the design.

I am looking for individual or firm who are building and are on the finish face to contact me for supervision or low budget interior ideas.
If the property is in Ilorin, i volunteer to do it for free.

whatsapp or call :07063896089
info@homelanddesign.org

will appreciate your recommendation.
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by okerekeikpo: 5:52pm On Mar 03, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

Isn't this selfishness. We don't need any peace corp, enough of duplication of duties. The only agency that can be added is state police which we are not ripe enough for it because of our rogue governors.

And you think you have brain like this?
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by emmxzy(m): 5:53pm On Mar 03, 2018
pls let vote for a young youth,inteligent,capable and not all this old brain we have in nigeria that keep on looting our money
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by Danaire(m): 5:56pm On Mar 03, 2018
Dis is a lie frm PDP, evn though I lik & support de party. I'd rather dat Peace Corp & any oda wanna-be security agency(ies), except de @PoliceNG, be merged with Nigeria Security & Civil Defence Corp, NSCDC. Dey both do de same job; providing civil security. So forget dis bill. It is dead on arrival. Tis high time we innastand/undastand de role of diz agencies & put dem in dia propa place.
No More forming of any other Civil Security agencies!
No More settlin' of polithievcians with such unwanted & unwarranted agencies!

1 Like

Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by lizuha: 6:04pm On Mar 03, 2018
issokay

Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by sukar886: 6:04pm On Mar 03, 2018
@least PDP sign civil defence bill during obj...

1 Like

Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by tuniski: 6:13pm On Mar 03, 2018
chamberlinco1983:
what Kind Of Rescue.Why Didnt They Do It When They Were In Administration.Bro Lets Beware Of Political Propaganda.Pdp And Apc Are Jst Same.
When they were there life wass far better than this. Better a man that doesn't claim sainthood, stumbled punished and now asking for a second chance to the fraud and hypocrite called apc!
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by chisoss: 6:14pm On Mar 03, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
this is called Mumusticnology

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kih4H6Z9t2U
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by haryorbarmie83(m): 6:25pm On Mar 03, 2018
Your party failed for 16 good years and you admit that your party looted billions of naira and they have recover some of the billion and you still call it winch hunting. Are you OK at all?

1 Like

Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by ensamy(m): 6:28pm On Mar 03, 2018
When APC is voted out of power, then APC members will start defecting to the other party, just like the corrupt PDP chieftains are defecting to APC.
Same politicians recycling themselves. shocked cool shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by giddykay: 6:44pm On Mar 03, 2018
yeyerolling:
Nscdc has become useless. Una wan add peace corp. 70% of our budget goes to recurrent exp. Smh
can you please explain how nscdc has become useless?
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by Abeyjide: 6:45pm On Mar 03, 2018
so, this mumu wants me to vote PDP because of peace corp? mumu of the highest order

1 Like

Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by rajiraymond(m): 6:47pm On Mar 03, 2018
PDP is now a regional party.

They should forget 2019.
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by rottennaija(m): 6:51pm On Mar 03, 2018
okerekeikpo:
Pls u people should vote for pdp so that they will help we peace corps officers we don too suffer for this country

Let's slay PDP comes to power may 29 2019, how long do you think it would take them to sign peace Corp bill and implement it?
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by okerekeikpo: 6:56pm On Mar 03, 2018
rottennaija:

Let's slay PDP comes to power may 29 2019, how long do you think it would take them to sign peace Corp bill and implement it?
a year is okay
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by Smarkie: 7:07pm On Mar 03, 2018
nigerian politicians can make promises that ll shock even the devil just to gain power
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by drololaaof: 7:12pm On Mar 03, 2018
Peace Corps have been existence when PDP was in power you did nothing uuhm ,no deception now,Police antagonize NSCDC before it was assented to ,now they are effective in anti kidnapping, pipeline vandalism etc
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by otokx(m): 7:23pm On Mar 03, 2018
This was not well thought.
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by KingSango(m): 7:25pm On Mar 03, 2018
Ecstasy154:
The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has said its government would not waste time in assenting to the Peace Corps of Nigeria establishment bill if voted into power in the 2019 presidential elections.

The party’s national publicity secretary, Mr. Kola Ologbondiyan, made this known in a statement while reacting to President Muhammadu Buhari’s refusal to assent to the Peace Corps bill passed by the national assembly in 2017.

The PDP stated that the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, lacked youth-driven ideologies and should be voted out in the forthcoming general elections for failing to create any job opportunities for the teeming jobless Nigerians as it promised during the 2015 pre-election campaigns

Ologbondiyan said, “The PDP noted with dismay how a party that promised massive job creation would decline assenting to such a bill meant to create millions of jobs for Nigerians”.

The party stressed that citing of financial difficulties as reasons for rejecting the bill as laughable, questioning what the APC administration was doing or has done with the so-called billions of naira it allegedly recovered in its witch-hunting fight against corruption.

The main opposition party maintained that voting the APC out of power was the only option left for Nigerians, declaring that the APC had nothing tangible to offer Nigerians rather than leading the country backward.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/03/03/will-happen-peace-corps-bill-regain-power-pdp/

Nonsense.

Peace Corps is Western driven, its another way for them to enter into Nigeria and control you. Look at the Whites behind them. No, Nigeria, NYSC is original Nigerian creation but Peace Corps is Western which is America.

APC has just started and the Prince Akeem of Oyo Family, who is a state assembly, has all the youths in Oyo behind him. The NYSC leadership respects the traditional rulership and the Governor of Oyo just purchased farm equipment and land set aside for the youths to begin agricultural projects. APC all the way for 2019 and beyond.

1 Share

Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by Augiiee(m): 7:27pm On Mar 03, 2018
EricBloodAxe:
Useless apc govt appropriating billions of Dollars in it's futile search for oil in the lake chad basin but cannot provide employment for jobless youths. Same apc that claims to have retrieved billions of naira from corrupt nigerians. Same apc approving billions of dollars to fight a directionless war against bokoharam and paying billions more in ransom to terrorists. Question now is, in what capacity did they plan to provide nigerian youths with employment when they fraudulently lied of creating millions of jobs in 2015?

Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by Synthase(m): 7:28pm On Mar 03, 2018
okerekeikpo:

Just because he doesn't agree with your selfishness? Tell me, are you one of the peace corps commandants benefitting from the 30k largesse collected from desperate volunteers in the name of training kits and d likes with false promise of being considered first when the bill is signed or you are a merely desperate volunteer hopeful of being absorbed? While I hope this government creates job, don't see the need to create another agency whose mandate will be a duplicate of an existing agency. Have we forgotten so soon that during the last regime, a report was submitted to the then president recommending the scrapping/merging of some agencies citing duplication of duties and non performance as reason among others? So what is the need of creating another paramilitary outfit that will potentially be put up for such recommendation in future during restructuring?
Let me also tell you one thing that will happen if it is passed: with the speed at which the bill passed through both chambers, don't be surprised if the recruitment is hijacked by them because with the way Nigeria works, each senator or house of rep member will claim slots for their constituency, now tell me how a large percentage of those volunteering presently will not miss out.
I stand with the president on this.
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by menix(m): 7:30pm On Mar 03, 2018
Certainly, PDP ve lost a vote.
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by dvee2: 7:43pm On Mar 03, 2018
That "if" is the problem now. You are not regaining power. Simple
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by maasoap(m): 7:51pm On Mar 03, 2018
Even, when the money was flowing like a river under PDP, Peace Corp wasn't given any attention.
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by maasoap(m): 7:57pm On Mar 03, 2018
okerekeikpo:
Pls u people should vote for pdp so that they will help we peace corps officers we don too suffer for this country

Synthase:

Just because he doesn't agree with your selfishness? Tell me, are you one of the peace corps commandants benefitting from the 30k largesse collected from desperate volunteers in the name of training kits and d likes with false promise of being considered first when the bill is signed or you are a merely desperate volunteer hopeful of being absorbed? While I hope this government creates job, don't see the need to create another agency whose mandate will be a duplicate of an existing agency. Have we forgotten so soon that during the last regime, a report was submitted to the then president recommending the scrapping/merging of some agencies citing duplication of duties and non performance as reason among others? So what is the need of creating another paramilitary outfit that will potentially be put up for such recommendation in future during restructuring?
Let me also tell you one thing that will happen if it is passed: with the speed at which the bill passed through both chambers, don't be surprised if the recruitment is hijacked by them because with the way Nigeria works, each senator or house of rep member will claim slots for their constituency, now tell me how a large percentage of those volunteering presently will not miss out.
I stand with the president on this.

Don't mind him. The only set of existing volunteers that will make the list are few who will be nominated by the politicians on their individual slots. There was a report from Sahara Reporters that detailed how the slots were shared among the members of the national assembly. No be today.
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by tollyson: 8:10pm On Mar 03, 2018
Another political statement from a dying party. PDP was in power for more than 16 years and couldn't pass the peace Corp Bill. Another election is coming now and you want us to believe this thrash. Idiots. #notopdpandapc
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by Oladeleeleniyan(m): 8:14pm On Mar 03, 2018
papoudaupolos:
PDP, peace corps was here when you have the power.

Politicians and politics Vs gullibles and gullibility.

Hahahaha!
these politicians are too cunning, eloquent, and dubious in character, can you imaging??
as if Peace Corps have not been existence since PDP era..
they are liar!
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:15pm On Mar 03, 2018
okerekeikpo:

You are daft man. Peace corp shouldn't even exist, of you paid money just to get that job, then you are on your own.
Re: We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP by papoudaupolos: 8:20pm On Mar 03, 2018
Oladeleeleniyan:

Hahahaha!
these politicians are too cunning, eloquent, and dubious in character, can you imaging??
as if Peace Corps have not been existence since PDP era..
they are liar!

The mystery is how Nigerians keep falling for their liars. They are all same in all parties.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osun: Adeleke Speaks On Inconclusive Election / APC Presidential Ticket: Tinubu On Edge As Cabal Sells Lawan To Buhari / Asari Dokubo Accuses Military, Cabal Of Oil Theft In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.