Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ (5851 Views)

PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes / Members Of Salvation Ministry Blasted For Buying Their PAPA A Private Jet / What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by live4dgospel(m): 1:04pm On Mar 03, 2018
I say, who is wiser than our great God? Who can teach Him? No one! His love for us in Christ is limitless. When we study the book of Exodus we can see how God gave Israelites the Law. The 613 codes of the Law which were summarized to the Ten Commandments (Exodus 20) was given to Moses. Even though Israelites greatly misunderstood the purpose of the law, this law of sin and death however killed them endlessly! What else did God give after the Law? He gave the Tabernacle! In (Exodus 27) Moses built the Tabernacle as shown to him by God, through the God's workers filled with the spirit of wisdom. The purpose of the Tabernacle (see picture below) was the exact opposite to the law's. The law says "Human beings are sinful and deserve hell". But the Tabernacle says "Even though human beings are sinners they can be made righteous by the providence of God". The Tabernacle as you know, is the dwelling place of God on earth, God wanted to dwell with His people Israel. The Tabernacle was where the Sacrificial System of atonement of sins was carried out. The High Priests and their children worked daily to atone sins of Israel. This Tabernacle is a prefiguration and a detailed portrait of Jesus Christ, if you don't know this Tabernacle and Sacrificial system very well, I'm sorry, you also certainly don't the salvation work of Jesus Christ. Just as Paul testified to this in (1 Corinthians 15:3-4) "For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,". How did Christ die for our sins? He died for our sins according to the Scriptures, here according to the Scriptures means the Old Testament. Christ died for our sins as in the Old Testament sacrificial system, of course through many other signs and events in the Old Testament God has shown us the coming of the Messiah. In fact, the entire books of the Old Testament were absolutely talking about Jesus the Christ! The author of Hebrews has this to say "And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God,"(Hebrews 10:11-12). The author was relating the way sins were atoned in the Old Testament to the New Testament way. Do you know the Old Testament sacrificial system well? If you do, then you will not find it hard to understand the ministry of John the Baptist. You want to see it written literally that 'John the Baptist is a High Priest' before you believe. The Bible is a word of God and cannot be understood all by a carnal man. From the duty of John the Baptist we came to understand that he is indeed a High Priest. Now let me go back to the sacrificial system of laying on of hands so that you may come to understand this John the Baptist well, who is a High Priest and a representative of all mankind. John the Baptist is the greatest among those born of a woman, he is greater than Abraham, Moses, Isaiah, David and all Roman Catholic Popes, and Mary the mother of Jesus in the flesh! “Assuredly, I say to you, among those born of women there has not risen one greater than John the Baptist; but he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he."(Matthew 11:11) and again Jesus said that John is more than a prophet, He was implying that John is also a High Priest. But what did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I say to you, and more than a prophet"(Matthew 12:9). Now give me your attention as I explain the sacrificial system to you. Be fair-minded, just as those in Berea. "These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so."(Acts 17:11).

TEXTS:

"Now the LORD called to Moses, and spoke to him from the tabernacle of meeting, saying, “Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them: ‘When any one of you brings an offering to the LORD, you shall bring your offering of the livestock—of the herd and of the flock. ‘If his offering is a burnt sacrifice of the herd, let him offer a male without blemish; he shall offer it of his own free will at the door of the tabernacle of meeting before the LORD. Then he shall put his hand on the head of the burnt offering, and it will be accepted on his behalf to make atonement for him. He shall kill the bull before the LORD; and the priests, Aaron’s sons, shall bring the blood and sprinkle the blood all around on the altar that is by the door of the tabernacle of meeting."(Leviticus 1:1-5)

“And when he has made an end of atoning for the Holy Place, the tabernacle of meeting, and the altar, he shall bring the live goat. Aaron shall lay both his hands on the head of the live goat, confess over it all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions, concerning all their sins, putting them on the head of the goat, and shall send it away into the wilderness by the hand of a suitable man. The goat shall bear on itself all their iniquities to an uninhabited land; and he shall release the goat in the wilderness."(Leviticus 16:20-22)

"or if his sin which he has committed comes to his knowledge, then he shall bring as his offering a kid of the goats, a female without blemish, for his sin which he has committed. And he shall lay his hand on the head of the sin offering, and kill the sin offering at the place of the burnt offering. Then the priest shall take some of its blood with his finger, put it on the horns of the altar of burnt offering, and pour all the remaining blood at the base of the altar. He shall remove all its fat, as fat is removed from the sacrifice of the peace offering; and the priest shall burn it on the altar for a sweet aroma to the LORD. So the priest shall make atonement for him, and it shall be forgiven him."(Leviticus 4:28-31)

The Old Testament is a shadow of the New Testament. The sacrifial system of the Old Testament is the way God atoned the sins of Israelites through the High Priest and sacrifial animals that beared the daily and then yearly sins of Israelites, sins were forgiven by obeying and believing in the Word of God and not by the so-called 'daily prayer of forgiveness and repentance' which is a deception of the Devil. God, through the sacrificial system forgave the daily sins of Israelites, later on God saw how difficult it was for His people to make atonement daily for their sins since they could not live a day without committing a sin. So God had pity and mercy on them by instituting a yearly atonement. On the 10th of the 7th month i.e The Day of Atonement, all Israelites gathered before the Tabernacle and the High priest would make atonement for their yearly sins!!! In the SAME WAY God atoned for the sins of the whole world through John the Baptist who represented the High Priest and Jesus who stood as a sacrifial Lamb who forever beared all mankind sins. Christ took all the sins of the world once for all by sacrificing Himself i.e He forgave all our past, present and future sins. As it is written "Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption."(Hebrews 9:12) Now compare them, they are perfect mate! In (Isaiah 34:16) “Search from the book of the LORD, and read: Not one of these shall fail; Not one shall lack her mate. For My mouth has commanded it, and His Spirit has gathered them." In the Old Testament there were 3 conditions for God to accept the sin offering

(1) Animal without "blemish" must be used.

(2) The High Priest must lay his hands on the head of sacrifial animal so as to transfer the sins committed by the person or the whole congregation of Israel to body of the animal.

(3) Then the animal must be killed and its blood shed on behalf of the people who committed the sins.

(Lev. 1:1-5, Lev. 16:20-21)

In the New Testament the same thing happened: As it is written in 1 John 5:6 6 This is He who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ; not only by water, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth."

(1) Jesus came without blemish i.e without sin, and a sacrificial Lamb.

(2) John the Baptist, who stood as a High Priest, laid his hands on His head during the baptism so as to transfer our sins to body of Jesus.

(3) Then Jesus Christ carried the sins to the Cross where He shed His blood on our behalf.

Get to know the evidence of this truth with the Bible.
[PDF] (2MB)
https://drive.google.com/uc?id=17wYgaNITSYbZMJ8zrf38T6Ft9iQ_YcCX&export=download

2 Likes

Re: The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by Ubenedictus(m): 3:57pm On Mar 03, 2018
this system of interpretation you are using is called type and antitype, it is a very old way of reading scriptures whereby the reader must be attentive to note that the entire old testament was written to be fulfilled in the new testament... it features prominently among the writings of early Christians.

but as I told you before on this issue you are getting it wrong.

the new testament is a fulfillment of the old testament sacrificial system but you have to note something that the Bible is very clear on,

1. Jesus is the new lamb of God, the victim for the oblation.

2. Jesus himself NOT JOHN THE BAPTIST, is the HIGH PRIEST OF the sacrifice. the book of Hebrew is very clear Jesus himself is the high priest of this sacrifice, he himself takes our sins...he becomes high priest in the order of Melchizedek, he is the high priest that offers himself as victim for the new sacrifice. He is the high priest and the sacrifice.

this is very clear in Hebrew 8,9, and 10

3 Likes

Re: The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by live4dgospel(m): 6:01pm On Mar 03, 2018
Ubenedictus:
this system of interpretation you are using is called type and antitype, it is a very old way of reading scriptures whereby the reader must be attentive to note that the entire old testament was written to be fulfilled in the new testament... it features prominently among the writings of early Christians.

but as I told you before on this issue you are getting it wrong.

the new testament is a fulfillment of the old testament sacrificial system but you have to note something that the Bible is very clear on,

1. Jesus is the new lamb of God, the victim for the oblation.

2. Jesus himself NOT JOHN THE BAPTIST, is the HIGH PRIEST OF the sacrifice. the book of Hebrew is very clear Jesus himself is the high priest of this sacrifice, he himself takes our sins...he becomes high priest in the order of Melchizedek, he is the high priest that offers himself as victim for the new sacrifice. He is the high priest and the sacrifice.

this is very clear in Hebrew 8,9, and 10

Jesus, of course, is the High Priest according to the order of Melchizedek. But John is the last High Priest according to the order of Aaron, because he performed the de facto role of passing on the sins of the world according to the Old Testament laying on of hands. It was written "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John."(Matthew 11:13). This means that the baptism of John the Baptist marked the end of the Old Testament sacrificial system ( according to the order of Aaron). John knew why he baptized Jesus, that was the reason the next after he baptized Jesus, while standing with his disciples seeing Jesus walking by, he bore this witness “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!"(John 1:29). This means according to the order Aaron Jesus is certainly not a High Priest but rather a sacrificial Lamb.
In Matthew 3:15 "But Jesus answered and said to him, “Permit it to be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.” Then he allowed Him."
Was it not written here that Jesus was baptized to fulfill all righteousness?

3 Likes

Re: The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by Ubenedictus(m): 12:00am On Mar 04, 2018
live4dgospel:

Jesus, of course, is the High Priest according to the order of Melchizedek. But John is the last High Priest according to the order of Aaron, because he performed the de facto role of passing on the sins of the world according to the Old Testament laying on of hands. It was written "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John."(Matthew 11:13). This means that the baptism of John the Baptist marked the end of the Old Testament sacrificial system ( according to the order of Aaron). John knew why he baptized Jesus, that was the reason the next after he baptized Jesus, while standing with his disciples seeing Jesus walking by, he bore this witness “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!"(John 1:29). This means according to the order Aaron Jesus is certainly not a High Priest but rather a sacrificial Lamb.
In Matthew 3:15 "But Jesus answered and said to him, “Permit it to be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.” Then he allowed Him."
Was it not written here that Jesus was baptized to fulfill all righteousness?
there is no need for an aaronic priest, the new high priest has put an end to the priest in the order of Aaron.
neither was john a Aaronic high priest nor was a Aaronic high priest needed.

Jesus began the new sacrificial system where he is both high priest, and Lamb, he needed no other high priest to make his sacrifice.

2 Likes

Re: The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by live4dgospel(m): 6:18am On Mar 04, 2018
Ubenedictus:
there is no need for an aaronic priest, the new high priest has put an end to the priest in the order of Aaron.
neither was john a Aaronic high priest nor was a Aaronic high priest needed.

Jesus began the new sacrificial system where he is both high priest, and Lamb, he needed no other high priest to make his sacrifice.
If you don't believe that John the Baptist passed over our sins to the head of Jesus during His baptism, how then can you believe that he is a de facto High Priest and a representative of mankind? Now answer this question. In Matthew 3:15 Jesus told John "for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness". What does He mean by "for thus" and "all righteousness"?

1 Like

Re: The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by Ubenedictus(m): 8:00pm On Mar 04, 2018
live4dgospel:

If you don't believe that John the Baptist passed over our sins to the head of Jesus during His baptism, how then can you believe that he is a de facto High Priest and a representative of mankind? Now answer this question. In Matthew 3:15 Jesus told John "for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness". What does He mean by "for thus" and "all righteousness"?
the Bible doesn't teach that John passed sins to Jesus, nor was a Aaronic high priest needed to perform the sacrificial rites for the new high priest.

Jesus been baptised fulfilled the word of God given to John.

And John bore witness saying, “I have
beheld the Spirit descending as a dove out
of heaven, and He remained upon Him. And
I did not recognize Him, but He who sent
me to baptize in water said to me, ‘He upon
whom you see the Spirit descending and
remaining upon Him, this is the one who
baptizes in the Holy Spirit.'” (NASB) John
1:32-33

2 Likes

Re: The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by live4dgospel(m): 10:13pm On Mar 04, 2018
Ubenedictus:
the Bible doesn't teach that John passed sins to Jesus, nor was a Aaronic high priest needed to perform the sacrificial rites for the new high priest.

Jesus been baptised fulfilled the word of God given to John.

How long will you be avoiding my questions? Please let me make you understand my question well before I can conclude that you are afraid of answering it. John the Baptist gave the baptism of repentance, and only sinners needed the baptism As it is written "Now John himself was clothed in camel’s hair, with a leather belt around his waist; and his food was locusts and wild honey. Then Jerusalem, all Judea, and all the region around the Jordan went out to him and were baptized by him in the Jordan, confessing their sins." (Matthew 3:4-6) But surprisingly, Jesus Christ a sinless Man came to be baptized by John. John was shocked and tried to stop Him from being baptized, as it written "And John tried to prevent Him, saying, “I need to be baptized by You, and are You coming to me?” But Jesus answered and said to him, “Permit it to be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.” Then he allowed Him."(Matthew 3:14-15) John really knew that the baptism he was giving was not for Jesus! What then did Jesus reply with? He said "permit it to be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness" Why was a sinless Man baptized? Jesus absolutely gave the reason here "for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness" What does He mean by for thus and all righteousness?

1 Like

Re: The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by Ubenedictus(m): 3:45pm On Mar 05, 2018
live4dgospel:

How long will you be avoiding my questions? Please let me make you understand my question well before I can conclude that you are afraid of answering it. John the Baptist gave the baptism of repentance, and only sinners needed the baptism As it is written "Now John himself was clothed in camel’s hair, with a leather belt around his waist; and his food was locusts and wild honey. Then Jerusalem, all Judea, and all the region around the Jordan went out to him and were baptized by him in the Jordan, confessing their sins." (Matthew 3:4-6) But surprisingly, Jesus Christ a sinless Man came to be baptized by John. John was shocked and tried to stop Him from being baptized, as it written "And John tried to prevent Him, saying, “I need to be baptized by You, and are You coming to me?” But Jesus answered and said to him, “Permit it to be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.” Then he allowed Him."(Matthew 3:14-15) John really knew that the baptism he was giving was not for Jesus! What then did Jesus reply with? He said "permit it to be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness" Why was a sinless Man baptized? Jesus absolutely gave the reason here "for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness" What does He mean by for thus and all righteousness?
I just answered the question,

Jesus had no sin, but his baptism fulfilled the word of God given to John.

1 Like

Re: The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by live4dgospel(m): 6:09pm On Mar 05, 2018
Ubenedictus:

I'm sorry, your answer here is wrongly. Why? Because the essence of the dove alighting on the head of Jesus, was for a confirmation to John the Baptist that this Man is the Christ who will take the sin of the world. I mean it is for John to bear witness of the Lamb to the Jews. It has nothing to do with why Jesus was baptized. Even your quotation makes it clear "...this is the one who baptizes in the Holy Spirit". Jesus Himself said "for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness" John the Baptist knew that Jesus needed no baptism even before he baptized Jesus but because Jesus gave him the reason for the baptism "for thus it is fitting for us to fulfil all righteousness", only then he consented and baptized Him. Remember that Jesus said "for us", which means that both of them were involved in the "fulfill all righteousness". The reason Jesus was baptized, my friend, is for John the Baptist to transfer all the sin of the world to the head of Jesus Christ, so that the righteous requirements of the law might be fulfilled in us. It was through His baptism that Jesus received the sin of the world. Have you ever wondered why Jesus told the woman caught in the very act of adultery "neither do I condemn you"? Whereas the woman was caught in the very act so she really deserved death according to the law. Jesus was able to say that because He has received her sin during baptism, so it was Him who deserved to die for the sin and not the woman, because according to the law the wages of sin death. Let me expand on this point by using the original text in Greek. The phrase “thus it is fitting” in Matthew 3:15 is “ουτως (hutos)” and “πασαν δικαιοσυνην.” in Greek. When Jesus was baptized, He was saying that that “it was for the fulfillment of all the righteousness of God that John the Baptist was to baptize Him and He was to receive this baptism.” This is what is meant by “ουτως (hutos)” and “πασαν δικαιοσυνην (pasan dik-ah-yosoo’-nayn)” in the original text. ‘The word “ουτως (hutos),” which is translated as “thus” in English, means “in this way,” “in the most appropriate way,” and “in no other way but this.” The next word “δικαιοσυνην (dik-ah-yos-oo’-nayn)” means “the fairest.” This is not based on my own interpretation, but rather, it is what is actually written in Greek, which is one of the clearest languages.
Re: The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by Ubenedictus(m): 6:24pm On Mar 05, 2018
live4dgospel:

I'm sorry, your answer here is wrongly. Why? Because the essence of the dove alighting on the head of Jesus, was for a confirmation to John the Baptist that this Man is the Christ who will take the sin of the world. I mean it is for John to bear witness of the Lamb to the Jews. It has nothing to do with why Jesus was baptized. Even your quotation makes it clear "...this is the one who baptizes in the Holy Spirit". Jesus Himself said "for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness" John the Baptist knew that Jesus needed no baptism even before he baptized Jesus but because Jesus gave him the reason for the baptism "for thus it is fitting for us to fulfil all righteousness", only then he consented and baptized Him. Remember that Jesus said "for us", which means that both of them were involved in the "fulfill all righteousness". The reason Jesus was baptized, my friend, is for John the Baptist to transfer all the sin of the world to the head of Jesus Christ, so that the righteous requirements of the law might be fulfilled in us. It was through His baptism that Jesus received the sin of the world. Have you ever wondered why Jesus told the woman caught in the very act of adultery "neither do I condemn you"? Whereas the woman was caught in the very act so she really deserved death according to the law. Jesus was able to say that because He has received her sin during baptism, so it was Him who deserved to die for the sin and not the woman, because according to the law the wages of sin death. Let me expand on this point by using the original text in Greek. The phrase “thus it is fitting” in Matthew 3:15 is “ουτως (hutos)” and “πασαν δικαιοσυνην.” in Greek. When Jesus was baptized, He was saying that that “it was for the fulfillment of all the righteousness of God that John the Baptist was to baptize Him and He was to receive this baptism.” This is what is meant by “ουτως (huts)” and “πασαν δικαιοσυνην (pasan dik-ah-yosoo’-nayn)” in the original text. ‘The word “ουτως (hutos),” which is translated as “thus” in English, means “in this way,” “in the most appropriate way,” and “in no other way but this.” The next word “δικαιοσυνην (dik-ah-yos-oo’-nayn)” means “the fairest.” This is not based on my own interpretation, but rather, it is what is actually written in Greek, which is one of the clearest languages.
the Greek say it was fitting and appropriate but it doesn't say anyone transferred sins to Jesus or that an aaronic priest is the priest of the new covenant.

the reason it is fitting is right there in scripture, when coming out of water the spirit descends on him, that fulfills the word of God to John.
secondly by allowing himself the baptism of repentance he identify with sinners and it accounted as a sinner as prophesied by Isaiah 53
Re: The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by live4dgospel(m): 6:41pm On Mar 05, 2018
Ubenedictus:
the Greek say it was fitting and appropriate but it doesn't say anyone transferred sins to Jesus or that an aaronic priest is the priest of the new covenant.

the reason it is fitting is right there in scripture, when coming out of water the spirit descends on him, that fulfills the word of God to John.
secondly by allowing himself the baptism of repentance he identify with sinners and it accounted as a sinner as prophesied by Isaiah 53
If you wish to understand and believe, it's your choice.
Re: The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by Thegospelman(m): 4:24pm On Mar 23, 2018
Ubenedictus:

What do you mean by identify with sinners?
Re: The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by Ubenedictus(m): 5:02pm On Apr 05, 2018
Thegospelman:

What do you mean by identify with sinners?
I mean as Hebrew say that we have a high priest who chose to identify with us in all things but sin.
Re: The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by Thegospelman(m): 7:13pm On Apr 05, 2018
Ubenedictus:
I mean as Hebrew say that we have a high priest who chose to identify with us in all things but sin.
Is this not the funniest interpretation of the Scriptures? Christ Himself said He was baptized to fulfill all righteousness, and your own thought said He was baptized to identify with sinners! This vague interpretation came as a result of your failure to understand what Christ meant by "for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness". Are you willing to open your heart and learn as I desire to explain this to you or do you insist on your misguided faith? Upon further investigation I found out that the Hebrews verse you were probably refering to is (Hebrews 4:15)"For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin."

?
Re: The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by Thegospelman(m): 7:22am On Apr 07, 2018
Ubenedictus:

beheld the Spirit descending[sup][/sup] as a dove out
Until you begin the journey of abandoning your own human thought you cannot start to understand the Scriptures. Furthermore, if you are not fair-minded, ready to search the Scriptures to find out whether certain doctrines you hold dear in your heart are right, you will certainly die in your ignorance and end up in hell for sure. Jesus Himself told John the Baptist the reason why he should allow Him to be baptized "for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness". But you are saying a different thing.
Re: The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by Ubenedictus(m): 11:09am On Apr 07, 2018
Thegospelman:

Until you begin the journey of abandoning your own human thought you cannot start to understand the Scriptures. Furthermore, if you are not fair-minded, ready to search the Scriptures to find out whether certain doctrines you hold dear in your heart are right, you will certainly die in your ignorance and end up in hell for sure. Jesus Himself told John the Baptist the reason why he should allow Him to be baptized "for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness". But you are saying a different thing.
well you should begin the journey of rejecting the human myths invented yesterday that you have absorbed and makes you think that John was a high priest.

you can accuse me of dying in ignorance but you seem happy to die in heresy.

the term "fulfill all righteousness" simply means to do all justice, to do that which is my duty... and all righteousness was fulfill he showed the example of baptism to all Christians, confirmed the word of prophesy John received and identified himself more closely to those he came to save.

but certainly baptism doesn't mean to pass over and it is a lie to teach that John was a high priest passing sins to Jesus.

1 Like

Re: The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by Thegospelman(m): 11:20am On Apr 07, 2018
Ubenedictus:
well you should begin the journey of rejecting the human myths invented yesterday that you have absorbed and makes you think that John was a high priest.

you can accuse me of dying in ignorance but you seem happy to die in heresy.

the term "fulfill all righteousness" simply means to do all justice, to do that which is my duty... and all righteousness was fulfill he showed the example of baptism to all Christians, confirmed the word of prophesy John received and identified himself more closely to those he came to save.

but certainly baptism doesn't mean to pass over and it is a lie to teach that John was a high priest passing sins to Jesus.
One thing is common to all heretics: they always condemn themselves, in order words they will always be sinners before God till their death. Such is you! Your faith flows faster than turbulent ocean waves, yesterday you said one thing today you have another thing to say. You are not convinced about anything. Didn't you say previously that He was baptized to "identify with sinners", now you have added yet another thing. Are you not confused? Anyway you said to "fulfill all righteousness" means to do justice. What justice did Christ do with His baptism?
Re: The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by Ubenedictus(m): 11:49am On Apr 07, 2018
Thegospelman:

One thing is common to all heretics: they always condemn themselves, in order words they will always be sinners before God till their death. Such is you! Your faith flows faster than turbulent ocean waves, yesterday you said one thing today you have another thing to say. You are not convinced about anything. Didn't you say previously that He was baptized to "identify with sinners", now you have added yet another thing. Are you not confused? Anyway you said to "fulfill all righteousness" means to do justice. What justice did Christ do with His baptism?
it seems you lack an attentive mind, it seems you didn't remember when you jumped into the discussion go back and read post 9, I already explained this,

I said

the Greek say it was fitting and appropriate but it doesn't
say anyone transferred sins to Jesus or that an aaronic
priest is the priest of the new covenant.
the reason it is fitting is right there in scripture, when
coming out of water the spirit descends on him, that
fulfills the word of God to John.
secondly by allowing himself the baptism of repentance
he identify with sinners and it accounted as a sinner as
prophesied by Isaiah 53,

so I didn't just begin adding things, it fulfilled what God wanted, the savior in Isaiah 53 will be counted among sinners, that is how he identified with sinners, he took a baptism of repentance like them even though he had no sin.

I have been consistent throughout this thread you seem unable to keep up.

1 Like

Re: The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by Thegospelman(m): 2:52pm On Apr 07, 2018
Ubenedictus:
it seems you lack an attentive mind, it seems you didn't remember when you jumped into the discussion go back and read post 9, I already explained this,

I said

the Greek say it was fitting and appropriate but it doesn't
say anyone transferred sins to Jesus or that an aaronic
priest is the priest of the new covenant.
the reason it is fitting is right there in scripture, when
coming out of water the spirit descends on him, that
fulfills the word of God to John.
secondly by allowing himself the baptism of repentance
he identify with sinners and it accounted as a sinner as
prophesied by Isaiah 53,

so I didn't just begin adding things, it fulfilled what God wanted, the savior in Isaiah 53 will be counted among sinners, that is how he identified with sinners, he took a baptism of repentance like them even though he had no sin.

I have been consistent throughout this thread you seem unable to keep up.

Someone once said that the problem with the mainstream Christianity is that there are many blind believers. They believe things not because they have found them to be true but because majority accept them or their churches teach such. I think Roman Catholic church is the reservoir of such blind followers. They were fed from infancy to believe in certain doctrines and reject others as heresies. When I go into argument with them I found out that always go blank before the Word of God. Conclusively they value their church teachings more than the Word of God.

You will never realise how unstable your faith is untill I expose it...

First of all, you said He was baptized to identify with sinners and supported your view with a Hebrews portion probably (Hebrews 4:15), I have thoroughly investigated, no Hebrews portion supported this your thought nor any verse of the entire Scriptures! Christ didn't come to identify with sinners rather He came to save His people from their sins. Everything He ever did was to save His people from sins. How can God the Almighty leave His throne only to identify with sinners as though He sought so much to taste human nature. Even though He came as a flesh, His ultimate goal was to save us from sins. When I asked you what you meant by "identify with sinners" you referred me to non-existing Hebrews portion of the Scriptures.

Now When John tried to prevent Him from being baptized because John well knew that Christ had no need for baptism as He had no sins. Now Christ gave John the reason he should baptize Him by saying "for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness" (i.e this is the only way for us to fulfill all righteousness).
Now visibly in agreement with what live4dgospel explained from original Greek text, you changed to "to do justice" as the reason for Christ baptism. I'm now asking you how did Christ do 'justice' with His baptism?
Re: The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by Thegospelman(m): 9:57am On Apr 08, 2018
live4dgospel:

If you wish to understand and believe, it's your choice.
Everyone has the free will to either believe or reject the gospel of the water and the Spirit that's being spread all over the world now.
Re: The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by live4dgospel(m): 6:23pm On Apr 11, 2018
Thegospelman:

Everyone has the free will to either believe or reject the gospel of the water and the Spirit that's being spread all over the world now.
Yes brother, that's the justice of God.
Re: The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by Thegospelman(m): 10:22pm On Apr 14, 2018
live4dgospel:

Yes brother
Re: The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by Thegospelman(m): 10:55am On Apr 16, 2018
live4dgospel:

Amen
Re: The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by live4dgospel(m): 8:03pm On Apr 20, 2018
Thegospelman:

Amen
The truth seekers can always find the truth as the Lord promised whoever seeks shall find and whoever knocks it shall be opened to him.
Re: The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by Thegospelman(m): 12:07pm On Apr 28, 2018
live4dgospel:

The truth seekers can always find the truth as the Lord promised whoever seeks shall find and whoever knocks it shall be opened to him.
As it is written God cannot lie or repent. God will certainly meet the truth seekers with His Word of truth.
Re: The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by live4dgospel(m): 3:15pm On Apr 29, 2018
Thegospelman:

As it is written God cannot lie or repent. God will certainly meet the truth seekers with His Word of truth.
Amen! He is faithful and just as it is written in 1 John 1:8-10
Re: The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by Thegospelman(m): 7:32pm On May 01, 2018
live4dgospel:
Amen!
Re: The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by Thegospelman(m): 12:23pm On May 05, 2018
live4dgospel:
Nothing is impossible to God.
Re: The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by live4dgospel(m): 4:09pm On May 06, 2018
Thegospelman:

Nothing is impossible to God.
Amen!
Re: The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by Thegospelman(m): 3:14pm On May 11, 2018
live4dgospel:

Amen!
Amen!!!

Re: The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by live4dgospel(m): 12:10pm On May 12, 2018
Thegospelman:
Amen!!!
God bless you brother
Re: The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ by live4dgospel(m): 7:21am On May 13, 2018
Thegospelman:
Amen!!!
Anyone who needs the printed copies can call or text 08135683431

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Evidence Of New Life In Jesus / Daily Devotional / Throwback Photo Of Joseph Ayo Babalola, Founder Of The Christ Apostolic Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.