Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Why I Want To Marry My Boyfriend But I Do Not Love Him - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why I Want To Marry My Boyfriend But I Do Not Love Him (2028 Views)

I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Sexually Attracted To Someone Else. / I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. / She Was The Little Girl Who Didn't Want A Boyfriend But Now; Pastor Says. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Want To Marry My Boyfriend But I Do Not Love Him by preciousluv2018: 1:34pm On Mar 03, 2018
Precious one, trust its been a great weekend for you. Lets hear your view on this . Though it sounds annoying but dont be judgmental.

Dear lively stones ,

My boyfriend of six months,Akin, has just proposed to me and I said yes but I do not think I am in love with him. AKin planned a surprise proposal in front of our friends in my apartment and I said yes…oh my God,what have I done?..

I am a thirty six year old lady. I have been dating Deji for Four years. I eventually broke up with him because he has not proposed to me after four years.I met Deji about five years ago. When he began to toast me,I was not interested. He seemed like an un serious guy. There were always ladies with him but he kept persisting and I eventually gave in. We were exclusive and both in love. After like a year,I asked him where our relationship was headed to. I was 31 years at the time. He kept telling me to stop asking him that,we should just be happy to be in love. I actually left him after that but he came back begging me.

I told him I wanted to get married and he said ok but that I should give him more time. That was three years ago. We always quarreled about this marriage matter. Anytime I brought it up,he would get angry and we will not speak to each other for like two or three days. I even moved in with him. Living with him,cooking,cleaning and doing what every wife would do. Just to make him see how important this was to me. I think I was wrong,I just gave him everything for free. One day,I made up my mind,moved out of his apartment.

Funny enough,he didnt even come to beg me this time. I knew it was the best thing for me.

I met Akin about a month later and we have been dating. Akin is nice and all but he is not like Deji. Deji was romantic,he knew how to get me. He would do things that made me melt for him. Akin is just a regular guy. He does not know how to really get me. I love watching movies,going put on dates,little surprises. Akin just does the barest minimum.

When he asked me to marry him,I said yes but in my heart,I am scared I might be making a mistake. That is because I think I am still in love with Deji. Even sex with Akin is so normal. Deji knows how to make love in a million ways. I may not be satisfied with what Akin is offering.

But I am 36,am not getting any younger,should I just settle for Akin knowing that my biological clock is ticking? Maybe I could get to fall in love with him later?Or should I tell him I dont want him and break off the engagement before it goes to far?

Someone said love can be developed. Is that really true?

I dont want to sound selfish but I want to be fair to myself and Akin. I think he deserves someone who loves him enough. What do you think,can I eventually love a guy Like Akin? What should I do?

Kike,

http://livelystones.com.ng/why-i-want-to-marry-my-boyfriend-but-i-do-not-love-him/
Re: Why I Want To Marry My Boyfriend But I Do Not Love Him by Jaydear: 1:41pm On Mar 03, 2018
Dear,The choice is yours to make.
You Love Deji who's always in company of women...What makes you feel he doesn't sleep with them? Also, when you left why did he not come looking for you?.....To me your exit was good riddance.
About sex, why not bring your sexperince with Deji to the fore now that it matters.
Stick to Akin and you will confess to us later.

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Marry My Boyfriend But I Do Not Love Him by PrimadonnaO(f): 1:46pm On Mar 03, 2018
If you don't love him, don't marry him. That marriage would be a war room.
Re: Why I Want To Marry My Boyfriend But I Do Not Love Him by FluidQueen(f): 1:59pm On Mar 03, 2018
This is simply you conforming to societal expectations and pressures. Because I do not understand why you'd want to spend your whole life with Someone you're not in love with.

If love could grow, it would've by now. It's not happening because there is no compatibility. Don't marry someone out of desperation. Marry Someome because you love, need and see yourself developing a family with that person. Not because of desperation and insecurity.

6 Likes

Re: Why I Want To Marry My Boyfriend But I Do Not Love Him by divinehand2003(m): 2:01pm On Mar 03, 2018
Learn to love the one that is available to you. 36 years is way past prime. Menopause is approaching fast. The risk of having babies with chromosomal abnormalities is higher in women after 30 years. You honestly don't have a lot of options right now. Go ahead and learn to love the fellow who is ready and willing to take you to the next level of womanhood.

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Marry My Boyfriend But I Do Not Love Him by Sierusvirus(m): 2:09pm On Mar 03, 2018
It's just obvious she wants to waste the guy's TIME and future because she doesn't love him but pretending to.
Secondly, it's obvious that she will continue cheating on him to death.
Thirdly, all the children from her will never be from the husband.
Nemesis will surely caught up with her, now or later.

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Marry My Boyfriend But I Do Not Love Him by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 03, 2018
angry

☣ ☠

I gave up on your matter when you said you're 36.

What sort of gambler are you? You never talked about how you spent your 20s maybe the fault is not on Deji. You could be the problem of yourself. Looking for injury time love.

☣ ☠

5 Likes

Re: Why I Want To Marry My Boyfriend But I Do Not Love Him by YoungDaNaval(m): 2:15pm On Mar 03, 2018
@op you better free that innocent young man oooh! What Tha Bleep. is wrong with ladies of nowadays? Their obsession with the bad guys are on the rise of recent

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Marry My Boyfriend But I Do Not Love Him by dingbang(m): 2:23pm On Mar 03, 2018
I don't understand some girls these days. They make a decision like for example, "I am breaking up with you" and then they move out from the guy's apartment and then when the guy doesn't beg for forgiveness, it hurts them so bad. They be like, he didn't even try to beg me to forgive him...

Why so stupid?

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Marry My Boyfriend But I Do Not Love Him by Eghostwriter(f): 2:28pm On Mar 03, 2018
Face the bitter truth, Deji doesn't love u enough to marry u, he doesn't want u. Give urself some time, get over him and learn to love Akin.
Re: Why I Want To Marry My Boyfriend But I Do Not Love Him by madami123: 2:39pm On Mar 03, 2018
Girls hate nice guy

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Marry My Boyfriend But I Do Not Love Him by Hector09(m): 2:42pm On Mar 03, 2018
Tell him that u dont luv him asap, age is just a number, 36 yrs old ah u are still young and can still fine luv elsewere
Re: Why I Want To Marry My Boyfriend But I Do Not Love Him by wristbangle: 3:00pm On Mar 03, 2018
You are 36years and the option is odd if decide not to honour akin's proposal as deji is not interested to marry you.

It would be better to marry a guy that loves you more to you loving him more.

Don't allow this opportunity swift away else you may regret this.
Re: Why I Want To Marry My Boyfriend But I Do Not Love Him by teamv: 5:32pm On Mar 03, 2018
36 still making shakara continue waiting for deji you both deserve each other the akin guy should not marry reminant abeg

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Marry My Boyfriend But I Do Not Love Him by MhizzAJ(f): 5:34pm On Mar 03, 2018
U berra stick to Akin

Deji is a time waster, i wonder why you didn't leave him all this while...Was it the great sex or what

I can't be in a relationship with a man for four years without marriage plans

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Marry My Boyfriend But I Do Not Love Him by placeofallure(f): 11:02pm On Mar 03, 2018
You don't strike me like a serious minded person. At 36 you're still forming I do, I no do! Even if you look like a 16 year old, what about your reproductive organs? Are they that young? Menopause will catch up with you sooner than you expect, so then? I pity you if you let Akin slip away. Yes! Love can develop over time. He's not romantic, he doesn't touch your mumu button, his love making is not exponential fine! You can teach him. Tell him all he needs to know so you two can have a blissful relationship. Tell him where to touch, tell him the places you wanna be. After, you will so love him you'd wonder why you wanna throw your rare chance away. Good luck to you.

1 Like

Re: Why I Want To Marry My Boyfriend But I Do Not Love Him by 1stfamous(m): 11:17pm On Mar 03, 2018
Pls,go with akin, he has a future for you,akin loves you, that was why he proposed marriage to you, Deji does not trust you, he only wants to waste your time, he is a time waster, he has no future, pls stick to akin
Re: Why I Want To Marry My Boyfriend But I Do Not Love Him by twentyk(m): 12:14am On Mar 04, 2018
Wait....are we talking about the same akin(aka slimzy)...the wahrah na mad man ooo...na only igbo he sabi smoke....lol

Op no vex...

(1) (Reply)

Man Leaked Nude Photos Of His Wife Cheating (+18) / Help!!!!!!! My relationship is bored... / Now That I Have Lost My Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.