Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,577 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins (34773 Views)

Gov Emmanuel Applauds FG On Speedy Actualization Of Ibom Deep Seaport / 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project / FG Endorses Cross River’s 260km Super Highway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by mildflame: 10:38pm On Mar 04, 2018
Atouke:

Ikot ekpene to Aba road is a federal road, the FG must take responsibility of fixing its roads in the Niger Delta. this region has been neglected for too long.
Besides the AKSG under gov. Akpabio spent time fixing federal roads in the state of which the FG is owing the Akwa IBom state govt. N140bn and have not paid a kobo up till today.

If you have visited Akwa Ibom recently, you will know that there are many evacuation routes from Akwa ibom besides ikot ekpene - Aba road.
unlike in the past.

There is the east west road that connects to PH through ikot Abasi ,The present Govt. is currently investing a lot in linking Akwa Ibom to its neighbours.

There is the 14.1km Ikpe Ikot Nkon - Obot Mme - Arochukwu road linking Ini Local Government Area of Akwa ibom to Arochukwu in Abia State which is 90%completed and the people of Arochukwu in Abia State have already offered a chieftaincy title to honour Governor Udom Emmanuel in appreciation of the road. and As we speak the people of Arochukwu are using that road to Access the Akwa Ibom international Airport for their rotuine flights, as this has become the closest airport for them with good road access.

And there is also another road linking Akwa ibom to Abia State constructed by the AKSG to link our brothers from Amuvi, Asaga, Obinkita, Ibom, Ututu to Ihechiowa and Azumini communities in Abia state.

Gov. Udom is a revolutionary governor interms of development, but he is different in style from gov. Akpabio in the sense that hes a quiet guy who dosnt toot his horn as loud. but hes doing a lot and the people are happy for it.

Mbok make I hear word jare, what is he suppose to do partying n clubing?
Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by Espada10: 10:41pm On Mar 04, 2018
Blue3k:

6 million in Uyo by the teaching hospital. If you want cheaper plots of land judt move futher out of major cities. I think you could get land cheaper by Eket if I remember correctly.
I want a land near to ibaka seaport..uyo and eket which is more preferable ?
Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by Blue3k(m): 10:45pm On Mar 04, 2018
Espada10:
I want a land near to ibaka seaport..uyo and eket which is more preferable ?

Eket but why not just land in Mbo or Ibeno.
Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by Espada10: 10:53pm On Mar 04, 2018
Blue3k:

Eket but why not just land in Mbo or Ibeno.
cool ..thanks..eket to ibaka is how many hours? ..why I say eket rather than ibeno or mbo is that, to me eket seems more open and also the issue of CFO.
Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by Blue3k(m): 10:57pm On Mar 04, 2018
Espada10:
cool ..thanks..eket to ibaka is how many hours? ..why I say eket rather than ibeno or mbo is that, to me eket seems more open and also the issue of CFO.

I'm not sure and don't want to give you wrong info. I would have to ask my cousin or something.
Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by mildflame: 10:58pm On Mar 04, 2018
Amarabae:
bad belle.

Bad belle for where, CONFIRM WEP(white elephant project) ordinary automobile industry for ITAM nothing 2show after d razmataz now he won build super highway n 21 storey building at d same time...UDOM na master SCAMMER
Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by Espada10: 11:00pm On Mar 04, 2018
Blue3k:

I'm not sure and don't want to give you wrong info. I would have to ask my cousin or something.
cool..thanks man
Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by Ogaonos: 11:09pm On Mar 04, 2018
0monnak0da:

You just have to bing Apapa into it.

The reality is there are well over 15 million people in Lagos State. Akwa Ibom is twice the size of Lagos. So it would need to have twice the population of Lagos to make comparisoon meaningful.
No matter ho good a road is with time it must be maintained. The FG takes all the money out of Apapa and puts nothing back into maintenance

If Akwa Ibom becomes so successfuul that 30 million people move there this road will struggle. So stop talking jazz and keep Lagos out of it.
my brother stop be hateful.dt 1 thing i dnt like about lagosians bring apapa situation is normal .u cant make a mistake twice.4 ur information when abuja was planned lagos situation was use in terms of security nd twnplanning.we all knw lagos mainland was nt planned well and have huge crime issue .and one of d reason the capital was moved.so the question asked then was hw do we make abuja safe nd organised 4 its resident nd f.G.nd nt make d mistake in lagos mainland.what they did was to make house/apartment expensive 2 filter some certain pple dt seem a security threat secondly ban okada dt y u feel safe in fct.so my brother lagos mainland and apapa as a whole is a mess dt will cost lagos state govt. 10billion dollars 2 fix (at least 500million dollar annually 2 spend)but wat ur govt doing packaging with small overhype project.lagos needs train system badly also needs satellite cities 4 middle income lagosians in ogun or oyo state or outskirt of lag.as alternative.jux as new jersey did 2 depopularised new yor k nt every bdy who wrk in new york stay in new york.sum stay in new jersey.but wat lag govt. doing ppp project eko atlantic city which is gud 4 lagos international image but my brother but the plan is to create two state in one.dt y they want to build lekki airport wich will create more discrimination btw islanders and mainland olamide talk about it yrs ago and make island resident dey their own world 4rm mainland.jux mark my word the police in island to eko atlantic will be d best in nigeria but mainland police will be d opposite d lagos govt.will hype it nd ask 4 more money 4rm F.G 4 mainland police nd d moni go enta thin air.my brother u nd ur fellow lagosians stop being fools to tinubu.fight 4 beta infrastructure lik trains due 2 d huge population.u guys are nt sleeping well.wake up by 4am to go wrk.enta bus 4 ketu nd wake up at ur bus station at ogun forest or osogbo 4 skull miner u guys deserve better.GOD BLESS lagos nd stop hating on others who are trying to move forward.nd learn 4rm mistake 4rm others.is for the good of nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by Atouke: 11:10pm On Mar 04, 2018
mildflame:

Bad belle for where, CONFIRM WEP(white elephant project) ordinary automobile industry for ITAM nothing 2show after d razmataz now he won build super highway n 21 storey building at d same time...UDOM na master SCAMMER

Blame buhari for the auto company that didint materialize, when the investor came in 2015 $ exchange rate was $1:N195 thats what the projections was based on soon after breaking groundfor the project $1 exchange rate climed to N500 within a few months, and buhari flip floped on economic policies causing massive flight of foreign capital and investment to Nigeria.

I ask you if you were the investor would you have invested your money in such climate?

the Akwa ibom state govt. is working hard to bring back investors despite the dulling of the APC Federal govt.
Gov. Udom has so far attracted the Jubilee syringe factory,
The electricty meter manufacturing company,
The kings flour company,
The HJ coconut oil refinery,
St Gabriel coconut plantation,
Toothpick and pencil factory,
The reactivation of the peacock paint industry etc
can you point to any Nigerian Gov. Who has done better in this regards?

5 Likes

Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by 0monnak0da: 11:19pm On Mar 04, 2018
Ogaonos:
my brother stop be hateful.dt 1 thing i dnt like about lagosians bring apapa situation is normal .u cant make a mistake twice.4 ur information when abuja was planned lagos situation was use in terms of security nd twnplanning.we all knw lagos mainland was nt planned well and havd huge crime issue .and one of d reason the capital was moved.so the question asked then was hw do we make abuja safe nd organised 4 its resident nd f.g.nd nt make d mistake in lagos mainland.what they did was to make house/apartment expensive 2 filter some certain pple dt seem a security threat secondly ban okada dt y u feel safe in fct.so my brother lagos mainland and apapa as a whole is a mess dt will cost lagos state govt. 10billion dollars 2 fix (at least 500million dollar annually 2 spend)but wat ur govt doing packaging with small overhype project.lagos needs train system badly also needs satellite cities 4 middle income lagosianr in ogun or oyo state or outskirt of lag.as alternative.jux as new jersey did 2 depopularised new yor k nt every bdy who wrk in new york stay in new york.sum stay in new jersey.but wat lag go8 doing eko atlantic city which is gud 2 lagos international image but my brother but the plan is to create two state in one.dt y they want to build lekki airport wich will more discrimination btw islanders and mainland olamide talk about it yrs ago.jux mark my word the police in island to eko atlantic will be d best in nigeria but mainland police will be d opposite d lagos govt.will hype it nd ask 4 more money 4rm F.G 4 mainland police nd d moni go enta thin air.my brother u nd ur fellow lagosians stop being fools to tinubu.fight 4 beta infrastructure lik trains due 2 d huge population.u guys are nt sleeping well.wake up by 4pm to go wrk.enta bus 4 ketu nd wake up at ur bus station at ogun forest or osogbo 4 skull miner u guys deserve better.GOD BLESS lagos

You are talking nonsense

Total Gibberish

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by EternalTruths: 11:27pm On Mar 04, 2018
BiafraIShere:
I observed the way the way the commissioner was emphasizing on investors, which is a good thing anyway, but let's be realistic here. The biggest potential investors they could get that would make the seaport viable are the Igbos especially their importers and industrialists. If the governor fails to liaise with the Abia state government in constructing the Aba-Ikot ekpene highway regardless of it being a federal road then the project might end up as a white elephant project in the mould of Tinapa. Akwa Ibom lacks the local content/economy that could make the seaport viable but if the importers at Aba and Onitsha should start using the seaport, it would help to turn around the economy of the state.

Akwa Ibom once proposed expanding that road but T.A Orji frustrated the section on Abia State.
Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by 0monnak0da: 11:31pm On Mar 04, 2018
BiafraIShere:
I observed the way the way the commissioner was emphasizing on investors, which is a good thing anyway, but let's be realistic here. The biggest potential investors they could get that would make the seaport viable are the Igbos especially their importers and industrialists. If the governor fails to liaise with the Abia state government in constructing the Aba-Ikot ekpene highway regardless of it being a federal road then the project might end up as a white elephant project in the mould of Tinapa. Akwa Ibom lacks the local content/economy that could make the seaport viable but if the importers at Aba and Onitsha should start using the seaport, it would help to turn around the economy of the state.
Why do you like feeling important? Did Igbos invest in Lekki port to make it viable. They don't need you so stop attaching with style. The Port will serve Cameroun Chad Niger and NE Nigeria as well as the oil industry in that part of the Niger Delta.

4 Likes

Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by EternalTruths: 11:33pm On Mar 04, 2018
Atouke:

Ikot ekpene to Aba road is a federal road, the FG must take responsibility of fixing its roads in the Niger Delta. this region has been neglected for too long.
Besides the AKSG under gov. Akpabio spent time fixing federal roads in the state of which the FG is owing the Akwa IBom state govt. N140bn and have not paid a kobo up till today.

If you have visited Akwa Ibom recently, you will know that there are many evacuation routes from Akwa ibom besides ikot ekpene - Aba road.
unlike in the past.

There is the east west road that connects to PH through ikot Abasi ,The present Govt. is currently investing a lot in linking Akwa Ibom to its neighbours.

There is the 14.1km Ikpe Ikot Nkon - Obot Mme - Arochukwu road linking Ini Local Government Area of Akwa ibom to Arochukwu in Abia State which is 90%completed and the people of Arochukwu in Abia State have already offered a chieftaincy title to honour Governor Udom Emmanuel in appreciation of the road. and As we speak the people of Arochukwu are using that road to Access the Akwa Ibom international Airport for their rotuine flights, as this has become the closest airport for them with good road access.

And there is also another road linking Akwa ibom to Abia State constructed by the AKSG to link our brothers from Amuvi, Asaga, Obinkita, Ibom, Ututu to Ihechiowa and Azumini communities in Abia state.

Gov. Udom is a revolutionary governor interms of development, but he is different in style from gov. Akpabio in the sense that hes a quiet guy who dosnt toot his horn as loud. but hes doing a lot and the people are happy for it.

You dont have to put someone down to make your point, what do you mean by local content to sustain a port? where in Nigeria is the local content? what do we manufacture as a country worthy of export at the moment? The only export from Nigeria is crude oil out of which Akwa Ibom is the largest producer. on that strength alone this justifies the siting of the port which will make it the closet port to the Joint development zone. Besides with the availability of a viable port investors will come to tap our cheap labour and abundant gas for manufacturing knowing there will be a functional port to evacuate it from to any part of the world, they so choose.

But thats not the only case, IDSP is the best port site in the whole country. its the deepest natural seaport in the country hence the idea of dredging dosent occur and it will be the only transshipment port in Nigeria what that means is that it will make all the shallow ports in Nigeria come alive.
As big ships that cant access/berth all the shallow ports that litter Nigeria will dump thier goods IDSP and people like you an me can buy smaller ships and barges and float this goods for onward delivery to all the shallow ports and even river ports in Nigeria thereby creating jobs.

God bless Akwa Ibom the gateway to the Rising Sun.

Which ethnic group is Gov Udom from.?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by Madosky112: 12:01am On Mar 05, 2018
Thank u FATHER
Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by deomelllo: 12:49am On Mar 05, 2018
Atouke:

Blame buhari for the auto company that didint materialize, when the investor came in 2015 $ exchange rate was $1:N195 thats what the projections was based on soon after breaking groundfor the project $1 exchange rate climed to N500 within a few months, and buhari flip floped on economic policies causing massive flight of foreign capital and investment to Nigeria.

I ask you if you were the investor would you have invested your money in such climate?

the Akwa ibom state govt. is working hard to bring back investors despite the dulling of the APC Federal govt.
The kings flour company,

Amosun in Ogun did better, way way better.

Akwa Ibom is the richest state in Nigeria and for so any years posted the largest yearly state budgets in the history of Nigeria and this is all you can list and beat chest with.

What a travesty.
Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by deomelllo: 12:50am On Mar 05, 2018
EternalTruths:

lmao....funny people...

grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by 0monnak0da: 12:55am On Mar 05, 2018
EternalTruths:

Tutsi

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by Atouke: 3:41am On Mar 05, 2018
0monnak0da:

Tutsi

lol grin

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by joepentwo(m): 6:34am On Mar 05, 2018
Seeing is believing ! Let me wait nd see d magic.. I dnt believe ds New Akwa Ibom government.
Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by mildflame: 6:42am On Mar 05, 2018
Atouke:

The kings flour company,

Bro this holds no water, how come dollar only affected d auto mobile industry n the once u claim dollar did not? Is peacock paint functioning, tropicana? The low light emitting bulb factory also in ITAM what d situation ditto d " take 2d bank" assured Ibiaku Uran road.
Udom is siphoning moni through dis elephants projects
Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by mildflame: 6:48am On Mar 05, 2018
EternalTruths:

Rising SUN my ASS! Why can't you mind ur BIAFRA bizness and deal without dragging AIBOM into it
Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by ogoo2020: 7:00am On Mar 05, 2018
If anybody here about sea port after election next year come and collect #50k from me

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by ZombieBuster: 7:16am On Mar 05, 2018
0monnak0da:

We are working on decongestion with the port at Lekki and the Lekki Frree Trade Zone

They are still in Lagos...
We are talking else where

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by IBBG(m): 9:03am On Mar 05, 2018
funny enough, where are the environmentalist protesting cross river super highway, why are they suddenly silent in akwa ibom's case.
Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by Blue3k(m): 9:08am On Mar 05, 2018
IBBG:
funny enough, where the environmentalist protesting calabar cross river super highway, why are they suddenly silent in akwa ibom's case.

Akwa Ibom was dumb like cross river to cut through a rainforest filled with endangered animals. The state paid compensation before embarking in project. Lastly we didn't fail EIA 3 times. I would say the cases for both projects are different.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by IBBG(m): 9:14am On Mar 05, 2018
Blue3k:

Akwa Ibom was dumb like cross river to cut through a rainforest filled with endangered animals. The state paid compensation before embarking in project. Lastly we didn't fail EIA 3 times. I would say the cases for both projects are different.
so where is the road passing, is it not still through a virgin forest? so are there no animals in that forest? cross river road was readjusted not to pass through the reserve sites, but yet howl of protests. Same environmetalist have suddenly gone mute here. Akwa ibom has so many good roads, yet it is constructing more, but cross river has so many bad roads but want to construct a new one, rather it is cross riverians opposing it.
Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by BiafraIShere(m): 9:17am On Mar 05, 2018
0monnak0da:
Why do you like feeling important? Did Igbos invest in Lekki port to make it viable. They don't need you so stop attaching with style. The Port will serve Cameroun Chad Niger and NE Nigeria as well as the oil industry in that part of the Niger Delta.
Why do you like talking ignorantly? Yes, if you must know, Igbos are the ones making Lagos ports viable because they are the biggest importers. The highest proportion of clearing and forwarders at the Apapa & Tin can ports are Igbos. Already, Lagos has become viable because of its status as the only major entry point for goods into the country. The port will serve Cameroon indeed, so Cameroon will abandon it's ports to start using the one in Nigeria cry cry You are just envious knowing that such collaboration will help spur the growth of the port which people like you do not want. I'm happy that for the very first time, a deep sea port is being built in the Eastern region which will boost the economy of the area. Everything must not be in Lagos.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by Blue3k(m): 9:21am On Mar 05, 2018
IBBG:
so where is the road passing, is it not still through a virgin forest? so are there no animals in that forest? cross river road was readjusted not to pass through the reserve sites, but yet howl of protests. Same environmetalist have suddenly gone mute here. Akwa ibom has so many good roads, yet it is constructing more, but cross river has so many bad roads but want to construct a new one, rather it is cross riverians opposing it.

No the road isn't going through a rain forest. The endangered animals aren't effected by road in Akwa Ibom super highway like cross river gorrila. The Cross River government readjusted their route after the environmentalist protest and government reject EIA 3rd time.

Comparing the cases of Akwa Ibom to cross river is dumb. Cross River domenstrated a level of incompetence that's rare even in nigeria. The Cross River state government cut down these people's valueable trees that provided lively hood without compensation. Why wouldn't they be angry?

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by Atouke: 9:22am On Mar 05, 2018
IBBG:

The highway in Cross River state was designed to pass through a National forest. Where in the world have you seen that? highways do not cross forest reserves especially ones with endangered species in them, they can border the forest for easy access but never through the forest.

The superhighway in Akwa ibom has undergone proper EIA and is going through a swamp land and not a forest reserve. thats the major difference.No wild life is threatened in the project in Akwa ibom.

Also 257km Cross river highway is 5 times the size of Akwa Iboms ans is a colossal project, i doubt if any state govt. can fund such project. Akwa iboms highway is only 55.1km
Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by 0monnak0da: 9:34am On Mar 05, 2018
BiafraIShere:
Why do you like talking ignorantly? Yes, if you must know, Igbos are the ones making Lagos ports viable because they are the biggest importers. The highest proportion of clearing and forwarders at the Apapa & Tin can ports are Igbos. Already, Lagos has become viable because of its status as the only major entry point for goods into the country. The port will serve Cameroon indeed, so Cameroon will abandon it's ports to start using the one in Nigeria cry cry You are just envious knowing that such collaboration will help spur the growth of the port which people like you do not want. I'm happy that for the very first time, a deep sea port is being built in the Eastern region which will boost the economy of the area. Everything must not be in Lagos.
That is what you like to believe but that is nonsense.. DO you have evidence?

Or is it the same order of evidence as

Arthur Eze is the ririchest Nigerian

Orji Uzor Kalu is so rich CBN begged him to take his money to World Bank

US Army buys drones in Onitsha Market

Onitsha Market is the largest in the Milky Way

According to you the largest importers of cars,trucks, petrols ,Machines are Eboes

Nigerian Brewery ,Guinness Flour Mill Dangote is Eboe

So why were these same Eboes not begged to invest in Lekki but they must be begged to invest in Ibaka.?

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Ibaka Super Highway Leading To Ibom Deep Seaport Begins by Afriifa(m): 9:47am On Mar 05, 2018
Atouke:

keep trying to derail the thread with your phoney pics, it dosent take away from what is coming, thats the realization of the project.
don't mind those haters.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos From Kogi PDP Governorship Flag Off / Statutory Allocations For States From January To June 2017 / Buhari Mourns Precious Owolabi, Usman Umar Deaths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.