Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

The Hole In The Wall - Literature (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Hole In The Wall (435403 Views)

The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea / A Short Story - The Wall Between- Haruna Shukurat / lovely new series to read: The Wall Betweeen by Shukura Haruna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hole In The Wall by EkopSparoAyara(m): 11:32pm On Jun 24, 2018
Unknowingly,Ada might have sold out her brother to the full wrath of the law.. The team needs to act fast... Doctor Souloho please keep drugging Rex and Bami till the get better... BRAVO SOULOHO....

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by phoenixchap: 12:00am On Jun 25, 2018
And please let's not forget to vote for souloho, he is the writer of the month. His works speaks volume, every single vote counts and it is needed

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by WHOcarex: 5:40am On Jun 25, 2018
Hmmm. Ride on soul

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by mitchelljnr(m): 7:51am On Jun 25, 2018
Keep up the good work souloho19

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by nkemdave(m): 2:18pm On Jun 25, 2018
Food don land grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by slimbless(f): 5:16pm On Jun 25, 2018
Baba Souloho19 we are waiting for update oo.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jun 25, 2018
nice work Mr. Soul one of nairaland literature finest... the sky is your starting point

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by stevodot22(m): 8:06am On Jun 26, 2018
Wehdone Mr Souloho19 for the consistent update and nice work here. I pray for more God's blessings in your life. I appreciate the mention and dedication.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Silvertrinity(f): 9:38am On Jun 26, 2018
all evidence points towards the kidnapper being fome but I'm not sure she's d one

2 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Kaycee9242(m): 1:54pm On Jun 26, 2018
Souloho well done, u too much bros

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by explosive04(m): 3:51pm On Jun 26, 2018
waow!!!

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Toeyean1507(f): 9:35am On Jun 27, 2018
Thanks for d mention oga mi. The update is super duper.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Segibambo(m): 3:35pm On Jun 27, 2018
Waiting for new update oooo! Thanks for the earlier mention oga mi

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by mcbliss: 4:01pm On Jun 27, 2018
Baba souloho! Well done.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by EkopSparoAyara(m): 10:42pm On Jun 27, 2018
Few days to go...
Let's go and boost Mr Souloho vote...
We can do it...
Oya come make we go, I trust you all...
One love...
#He_Deserves_It

click on the link to cast your vote... show some appreciation..
https://www.nairaland.com/4541071/june-nomination-thread-5k-award

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Erudite202: 4:25pm On Jun 28, 2018
Thank God am here at last.
Mr Souloho19, I lack the correct words to describe your writing prowess. considering the facts that you are doing all these for free beats my imagination.
from delayed diagnosis
The devil wears Okirika
and this.......
Am looking forward to seen you being the second Nigerian to clinch NOBLE PRIZE ON LITERATURE ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 3:33am On Jun 29, 2018
Dedication: Solomonbrown64 Chizzymaris Slimbless Cylovee Konphido Horladstar Oroolorun phoenixchap Johnspurgeon4 Bigbauer Helenbee Ann2012 Opeade939 Charminee whocarex mitchelljnr nkemdave stevodot22 Silvertrinity kaycee9242 explosive04 toeyean1507 segibambo mcbliss erudite202

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"What has this boy done again eh" Martha began sobbing "who has he offended...he's in the hospital, no one to even look after him...and see what is happening to olivia and Emma..." Martha wiped her tears with the back of her hands. "I have to be at Olivia's side....she needs it more than ever"

Tonye agreed. She was rendered speechless by the emotion and love in the woman's voice.

"Kirsten would go with you ma" she glanced at her assistant who nodded in agreement.

"Help me call my husband....tell him I'm at the hospital"

"Okay ma"

She and Utebo watched as Martha and Kirsten entered the cab. They watched the car dissapear in a cloud of dust and neither of them said anything.

"Agent Tonye....my brother just how bad is his state?" Utebo asked as they reentered the compound.

"I spoke with him not long ago and he sounded alright. I even expect him to be here very soon....maybe today"

"okay....did Fome really do this?"

"as at right now, there's no reason to believe anything different...its possible she resents Rex for the way their relationship ended and transferred the rage to his wife..the priority is finding Emma but we need to understand everything about the kidnapper."

Buzz was still as they had left him and Tonye was so confident in the knot Alli had tied she knew he couldn't break free.
Utebo looked at him with hatred. A child hates seeing the mother cry. It brought about a primate urge to kill. Even the most meek child became violent to anyone who made their mother cry.

"He's not worth it..." Tonye could read her expression clearly "it wouldn't help Emma right now...what would be helpful is for you to tell me everything you can remember about Fome"

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Emma was confused. As confused as babies could get. Although she wasn't a baby, she was already 1+ she thought proudly. But she was confused and afraid. She did the only thing she could do, she cried. Then the smiling lady began to sing to her and she reduced her crying.
But it didn't reduce her confusion. Where was her mother?

:::::::::::::::::::

He flipped the pages of the newspaper hurriedly. The headline that took up most of the front page had the details in page 6.
His eyes scanned the paper in disbelief: State secret agents had been killed last night. He had killed the perpetrator but now the counsellor was dead. His most important client. And he had been outside. Although he was an assassin, his job was to kill not to rescue still...it bruised his ego.
The final insult to the injury was when he read the perpetrator had been identified from the blood spill outside and the camera footage as a member of the Nigerian Army who had been disabled in combat and was on rehabilitation.

He glanced into space in disbelief. Word must never get out that the real shadow missed his kill. He couldn't believe his target was still out there. He forced himself from trearing the newspaper to shreds and continued reading.

The police believed the incident was related to a killing that had taken place in a hotel few days ago.
The Deputy Director Operations of the NIA had vowed to bring the killers to justice as it was believed they were more than one.
"Shit!" This time he tore the paper in a fit of rage. His stupid brother had left too many loose ends from his frolicking especially in the hotel where he had been stupid enough to get shot. He had always been cleaning up after his brother, one more time wouldn't hurt.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
The house was in a peaceful spot in Ikoyi, not really far from the club. And as Dagnet studied the Duplex and heavy iron gate, she unstrapped her gun from underneath her chair and strapped it to her waist.
She saw the cameras focused on her as she approached the gate. Security was tight, she thought to herself and when she rang the bell fierce barks came from the other side of the gate. There was a small speaker beneath the bell and a voice came on "who are you looking for?"
" I want to see Mr Emenike....Emenike Amunike"
"What for?"
"I have terrible news from his younger sister Ada, I've just come from her fashion school" Once again she wished she still had her badge with her. It did most of the talking for her. On the bright side, she was discovering she had a talent for lying smoothly.
She heard a click and the gate slid open. "Enter" the voice said
Her hand immediately went to her gun half expecting the dogs to jump at her.
But they were all caged. But that didn't stop them from barking and trying to nudge their cage open. The dogs were ferocious killers; Bullmastif, Rottweilers, pitbulls, Buabu..and some that even looked like wolves.

A uniformed guard was waiting for her "Follow me"
She recognized his voice as the voice from the speaker outside. She followed him past the dog cages lined up against the wall. And the dogs became angrier as the stranger walked freely into their home.
The guard led her to a small foyer and instructed her to wait. She almost asked him if he had a permit for the gun on his hip but she didn't. She wasn't a cop anymore. She was glad he hadn't searched her however, because she wasn't ready for another groping incident. The foyer was dull, no painting, no picture, no Tv, just the two sofas and a center table. She stared into space as she went through her recent actions step by step. Assuring herself she had made the right choice. That's what the man at the club had told her to do. She had to be at peace with her past actions...believe it led her to this point...to right a terrible wrong perhaps? Her little therapy session last night had done wonders for her. She didn't even know his name and she didn't need to.

There was no reason to go back. Unless she found a fresh clue that is.
Emenike kept her waiting for 20 minutes. when he finally strolled in with a towel round his neck, he smelled of shampoo and aftershave although she couldn't imagine what the shampoo was for since he was cue ball bald.

"Detective Dagnet I presume" He was shirtless and she knew it was deliberate. Emenike was a successful hit with the ladies but he was sadly mistaken if he thought biceps and abs were going to distract her.

"how did you know my name?" she was mildly suprised

"Oh no biggie....my cameras ran facial recognition the moment you rang my bell."

"oh...ok" well it was to her advantage then. He thought she was still a detective.

"So to what do I owe this pleasure...you caught me off guard and I had to cut off my work out because of you" he winked "although now I see it was totally worth it"

"I have a couple of questions for you...first where were you on the 15th..from 10-midnight?"

He ran his tongue across his upper gum a sign she knew very well was a result of excess coke use. "Honey, I can't even remember where I was last night"

"Not good enough...what of Bisi Marcus, the girl who worked for your mother, what do you know about her?"

He turned so she couldn't see his expression then he sat down on the opposite sofa. "Honey the name doesn't ring a bell....at all" Emenike smiled coldly and she could see his father in him. Even though she had never met the chief face to face.

"Well her body was found yesterday...she had been murdered. And you're a suspect. Tell me where is Fome?"

Emenike scratched his bald head. It sounded like a cat's paws on ply wood. He had a look of suprise that seemed half feigned half genuine. "Dagnet, you can't just come and spin tales to me this early morning" It was almost 12noon.
"you can't tell me you're investigating because as I understand it..you don't have the authority of the law since you are not a detective anymore"

Damn it! how did he know so soon..?
The heat built inside of her but instead she let everything dissolve till she felt nothing but a chill. So she smiled at Emenike "Well, I would take my leave now...thanks for your time"
Emenike watched her leave without a word. He scratched his head, a habit he had picked up from his father. Then finally he stood up. He went up the stairs to his room. The room was formerly his father's when his family still acted normal and lived in one house. Although they had spent less that two years before moving to the bigger house in lekki. The room was all marbles, polished wood and king size bed. two naked women remained sleeping on the comfortable bed. The reason he hadn't been in the club yesterday. That and the fact that the drug deal was on a hold for now. Still he had received the complaint about the woman who had snooped around his club last night. So the detective had been identified long before she appeared in the camera that morning.
His father might not have let her go. He would have locked the mechanical gate and released the dogs from the mechanical cages. She couldn't shoot 12 dogs at once. But she wasn't a detective anymore...which meant that she wasn't a real threat. So he had let her go although he secretly feared he wasn't as ruthless as his old man.
He opened his drawer and took the phone. He sat on the edge of the bed then frowned as he dialled the number.
"Hello....patch me through to him....its me, Emy...."

:::::::::::::::::::::::

The chief had woken up to the news of the murders. Since then he had jumped from one tv station to another hearing their own version of events. Some said it was the work of terrorists, some said it was a mole within the agency, while some said it was a battle between the army and the state service since it was rumoured that the camera had caught the suspect when leaving and he had been identified as a soldier on indefinite leave.

The landline rang and he muted the television. "Hello"
"Sir, I have a call from your son?"
"patch him through"
Few seconds later he leaned back in his recliner, elevating the foot rest. "Hello boy"

He listened patiently to his son, interrupting here and there for clearer details. "So this police woman, what did she find out at the club?"
"Nothing dad....n-nothing"
"good...I hope so, I keep telling you, you don't shiit where you eat. The club is far more important than any drug peddling...no matter the profit margin"
His son assured him but he could tell he was doing exactly what he said. His son had developed a sweet tooth for the white man's cola as young as 19 when he became privy to a certain level of his father's dealings and found an endless supply of the powder.
"don't worry, I'd take care of her" The chief sighed tiredly "no not the shadow, are you high? I told you not to mention the shadow again....Anyway the shadow is too big for one detective. A woman for that matter. I have another group in mind"
Not to mention the shadow had gone rogue since he lost his men in the initiative incident two years ago. The chief didn't have control over the real shadow, especially considering he had been fooled a couple of times by the twins before he found out Kehinde was the mask and the real shadow was really in the shadows.

His ears perked up suddenly and he interrupted his son who was still rapping "Wait, wait....what did you just say....she asked about Fome?"

"Yes"

The chief was silent as the flames burned in his memory. How does one walk away from that? He interrupted his son. "Emy. hold down the forte...keep everything in order here and forget about the rest."

He ended the call then scratched his head like his son had done moments earlier.
He brought out his personal cell and dialled the number he had last called 36 hours ago.

"hello boss"

"first of all, good job with the last job there's another for you...and this time, terminate"

::::::::::::::::::::::

Andy vehemently refused the drug when the nurse brought it in a tray. Even though he could see it was just two tablets of panadol.
"thank you, so that I would also fall asleep eh?!" He barked at the nurse until she retreated from the room. He then sent Jimoh to locate the pharmacy in the hospital and buy a satchet of panadol. While he waited, he observed Rex and Bami and nursed his own headache.

Doctor Rasheed was the one who had led them to the grave site. He had provided the much needed closure then. Didn't he know he had buried someone else? And the Christie girl just happened to be his student assistant. A student assistant with a mean 180 degree kick. He decided the doctor needed a visit. As soon as Jimoh brought the pain killer he'd head for the teaching hospital. The doctor was sitting on information whether knowingly or unknowingly.

While he was waiting, the double beep came from one of the phones on the drawer. It was a message. He ignored it at first but seconds later it beeped again signalling another mail had been received. He got up reluctantly and made his way slowly to the drawer, it was Rex's phone. He knew Rex's pattern. The letter O swiped in a clockwise direction. He unlocked it and opened the first message. He glanced at Rex and frowned, What was the hole in the wall?
He opened the second message and began to panic. They had till midnight to find this hole in the wall place and be there.
He grabbed Rex by the feet and began shaking him. "Rex....Rex wake up"

Kirsten saw Clyde in the same position Buzz had been the previous night. He got up as they approached and his eyes softening as they settled on Martha's face.
"ma...i'm so sorry about what happened"

Martha patted him softly on the shoulder "Is she awake?"

"Yes ma....she woke up an hour ago..." he glanced at Kirsten "I spent some time with her till she started crying, the doctor said its best I stay here...she kept crying for Emma"

Martha entered the room and the sight of her daughter made her cry. For indeed Olivia was not a daughter in law to her but a daughter. Her eyes were red and overflowing. She stared up at the ceiling as the tears flowed.
She finally glanced at Martha. She didn't say anything but continued to gaze thankfully at the elder woman. Seeing someone she knew and loved seemed to offer some kind of anchor in the recent whirlpool that had swept her.
Slowly the tears increased, her lips trembled and she began to cry out loud. "they took my Emma....they took her from meeeee....."
Martha leaned over her so she could hug her even though it was partially. She stroked Olivia's hair softly and comforted her. "shhhh....its okay, We'll bring her back....very very soon....its okay...dry your tears..."

Serenity suites was as quiet as a grave yard. The cops still hadn't removed the crime scene tape from the door of room 36, where the murder had taken place. The clerk whose name was Bryce was seriously considering quiting the job. Once upon a time he used to make enough tips on a daily which compensated greatly for his measly salary. But recently the only thing he was getting was sleep. Lot's of sleep. He rested his elbow on the desk and was about to take another nap when he heard the cough. He raised his head and jerked back. A man stood in front of the desk. He wore a hoody and a face cap under the hoody which hid the upper half of his face. The clerk was wondering how he had walked up to his desk without making any noise.
"Is Syllvanus Ukariah upstairs" the man asked roughly.
"who?" The clerk blinked cofused
"the manager of this hotel...is he in?"
"Oh yes...he's in his quaters"
"Thank you" The man brought out the silenced gun and shot the clerk in the head.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::

Dagnet checked her dashboard when Emenike finally drove out in his bmw. He had spent 1 hour 30 minutes extra since she had left. She had rattled him and she wanted to see where he'd go next. She started the car when he drove past her and gave him a reasonable distance before following.

After a while it became clear to her he was heading for the club.

:::::::::::::::::::

Alli no joy located the address Buzz had given them. Tonye and Clyde had already been to the house and apart from the recording device there was nothing of interest. But Alli had to see for himself. It had taken all his willpower and the fact that his grand daughter was still missing to make him leave the house. When he left downtown, armed with the information that the woman was not fat but disguised herself to look overweight he decided against calling the house. Instead he headed towards the address Buzz had given him this morning when he had almost beat the fool to death. He spent a good ten minutes inspecting the house from outside, wondering how the owner would have the conscience to rent out such a glorified cardboard box and even collect rent for it. The street belonged to the middle class, there was some level of order and Alli didn't know anyone in these parts he could ask questions. Plus he couldn't start going from house to house banging doors.
There was no Sabi boy in this place but there would surely be nosy neighbours. Alli looked round the close, studying the houses. He shielded his eyes from the sun and squinted. He just saw a curtain move....or was it a trick of light? He focused on the window and true enough he saw the form behind the curtain. A nosy neighbour.
He changed his direction to the house instead and knocked softly. nosy neighbours always saw something. Even when they didn't know they had seen something.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Andy finally managed to wake me up sometime past 3 oclock. I opened my eyes although my brain was still sleeping and managed to say one word 'water'

Super Jimoh came to the rescue. He left the room and returned with two bottles of water. One was cold while the other was normal. I chose the lukewarm water.
Andy helped me sit up and I raised the bottle slowly, checking the pain. It wasn't as bad as before. However the look on Andy's face didn't allow me to duel on it.
Before I could ask what was wrong, he was removing the bottle from my hands and replacing it with a phone.....my phone.
At first I was filled with dread thinking someone wanted to speak to me...to deliver bad news but then I noticed the words on the screen. The two messages had entered in 3 minutes. I read it again and again.
A couple of seconds later I was panicking.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 3:35am On Jun 29, 2018
Dedication: Mr EkopsparoAyara!!! Happy Birthday hombre'...more blessings and wisdon this year...!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The real shadow stood behind the bathroom door, waiting patiently and silently as the manager had his bath. He was singing an Adele song terribly off key that the shadow wished he had ear plugs. Not so long ago he had stood over the fool and gave him an instruction. Just one instruction but the fool couldn't do it properly and keep his mouth shut.

Finally the water stopped running and the manager switched to whistling as he dried off. He walked right past the shadow into the room unaware of the killer's presence.

"Hello Sylva" the shadow said

The manager almost jumped out of his skin in fright. He turned around and saw the shadow leaning on the wall. His eyes lingered on the gun in his hand.

The manager began to sweat.

"What...what are you doing here?" he stammered

The real shadow smiled cruelly "what I should have done long time ago"
He raised the gun

"no...please....I never told anyone....I kept the secret"

The shadow pulled the trigger and the 45 caliber lead buried itself in between his eyes. He slumped to the floor, dead before his back even touched the ground.

"I hate liars" The shadow said disgustedly. He spat on the body- the highest form of disrespect.

He spent ten minutes going through the manager's belongings checking for any incriminating evidence. He found a hard cover book which a cusory scan revealed was his diary. "What a pussy" he muttered.

He took the manager's wallet, watch and the fresh notes he found in the drawer. It was better for the authorities to think it was a robbery gone wrong.

He exited the hotel, wondering where the incompetent security guard was. All the times he had broken into the hotel undetected really showed the level of incompetence of the guard.
He got behind the steering and thought for a minute. The fact that his target was still out there alive was driving him crazy. He had to rectify that as soon as possible. His pride was at stake.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Andy woke Bami and showed him the messages. Sitting up was much easier now and although I wanted to pace round the room, I had to be comfortable with sitting on the edge of the bed.
"what does she mean by the hole in the wall....that we should meet at the hole in the wall?" I asked

Both men had no reply. Andy scratched his head deep in thought.
Bami snapped his fingers suddenly "hey! that's it, she wants you to be in the hotel....the hole in the wall. Remember the hole she carved in the hotel room...that's probably what she meant"

Andy nodded in agreement "good thinking mate!"
It actually made sense but I was not convinced. There was something else I was missing....The hole in the wall.....The hole in the wall......The hole in the wall..
I repeated the phrase over and over in my head trying to figure out what I was missing.

"I think we should go to the hotel way before midnight...that way we'd have the element of suprise on our side." Andy reasoned and Bami echoed his agreement.
Andy still had my phone in his hand and I suddenly had an idea. "Andy...I need you to look up the urban dictionary for hole in the wall"

"Really....is that even a thing?" Andy asked baffled but he was already looking it up on google.

"Alright here it is.....a small obscure, inconspicuous place....especially a restaurant....also a small and unpretentious place...a restaurant is also given as an example here."

Something began to click in my head...a not so distant memory. I focused my full attention on the hazy memory.
"I don't think she meant the hotel....." I said slowly.

::::::::::::::::::::

Dagnet waited in her car for Emenike to come back out. He had stopped at a eatery and spent over 20 minutes so far. Dagnet tapped her steering patiently until he emerged. He had a nylon bag in his hand which Dagnet guessed was filled with snacks.
Dagnet started her car and waited until Emenike was a reasonable distance ahead then she followed.
Ten minutes later she pulled into the parking lot of club rebel. It looked so different during the day, almost looked like a bank or company.
Dagnet waited ten more minutes before she finally made her way to the club. Luckily, there was a different bouncer at the gate and only when she was face to face with the man did she remember her gun was still with her. Luckily the bouncer didn't frisk her instead he asked "what is your reason being here today?"

"I have an excercise with someone since morning...but I only just had the chance now"

"Who is the person?" The bouncer asked. he didn't seem suspicious.

"I never asked his name, but he specialises on inner peace...he has his hair in a pony tail"

"oh....go on in...just wait in the waiting rrom, someone would be with you shortly"

She didn't wait for the nude lady however, for one she feared the woman may recognize her as the snooper yesterday. So instead she was able to locate the same room she had her session the night before.

The silver ponytail man was shaking hands with an elderly man. It looked like he had just finished a session with the man.
She thought she saw his eyes light up when he noticed her. He raised a finger, signalling a second and she stood quietly to the side.
"So mister George endeavour to perform the excercise I taught you...and don't forget to breathe...unclog your airways and free you mind from worry."
The man shook hands with him, smiled at Dagnet and exited the room.
When they were alone, mr ponytail turned to her and smiled. "well I must say I didn't think you'd be coming anymore"
She smiled. She was finding it very easy to smile at the man "Oh...I had to take care of something...that was why I couldn't come earlier"
"okay..great, let me quickly go over the lifting the sky excercise"

The jeep pulled over and parked in the car park of the club rebel. The four doors swung open and four men got down. They each had a machine gun swung over their shoulder.
The men approached the club and the bouncer observed them. Studying the wicked looking machine guns and thinking of his next step.
He decided he wasn't ready to die yet, so when the men approached, he unhooked the velvet rope and said pleasantly "welcome to club rebel"

"The woman that came in five minutes ago, where is she?" one of them asked harshly.

"walk down the corridor...second turning on the right...you'd see the door lettered S. That's where she said she had an appointment"

The men Strolled in without a word.

So what do you think? I still think she means the hotel...that was probably why she drilled the hole in the wall" Andy argued.
Bami agreed with him "he's right Rex, it makes sense"

"No it doesn't....there's this other place I used to take Fome for a date when we were students....its safe to say the place isn't much at all...but Fome loves it...it used to be our special spot, especially cause it was where I first told her i loved her."

Bami scratched his head. "Are you sure...you know we can't afford to miss anything. I still think the hotel is more logical"

"My guts tell me otherwise Bami...we have history with this restaurant and I just know that's the real hole in the wall."

"okay then....if you're so sure...but maybe we should keep an eye on the hotel too....just in case"

::::::::::::::::::

Good day madam, please I'm looking for my neice....she was supposed to take me somewhere but she never came...and she's not at home, did you see her recently?" Alli no joy asked the nosy neighbour when she finally answered the door.
The woman seemed to hesitate but a second later she was saying "That strange woman just appeared from nowhere...she doesn't even greet sef...I don't know where she went but she left in a hurry and she carried a little bag"
"what kind of bag...like a purse?"
"no...more like a small travelling bag"

"The most important thing is your coordination..lifting the sky as an excercise has to do with all your senses...your eyes has to be focused on your knuckles and as you lift your hands up your head should tilt up slightly as your eyes follow the movement...dont forget you rise up fully when your hands are raised palm up, but you don't stand on your toes. Your feet is to remain firmly on the ground at all times, don't forget"

Dagnet focused on the demonstration the man was showing her. She wasn't really sure about the usefulness of the excercise and was about to voice her concerns when the door was kicked open.

Three men armed with assault rifles strode in with wicked smiles. They ignored the other man and pointed their guns at a shocked Dagnet.
"Let's take a walk" one of them said harshly.

She stood rooted to the spot 100% sure that it was all over. She was armed but the machine guns would probably cut her in half before she could even cock her gun.

"hands up and follow me" the man said and turned to leave the room. He stopped and glanced at the silver haired man. "if you like yourself you would remain in that spot until we're gone"
He turned to lead the way and the remaining two prodded Dagnet with their guns, urging her to move.

It all happened so fast. The man who had been meek and quiet all along suddenly attacked the last guard as he turned his back on him. Dagnet heard the snapping sound and knew what was happening immediately. The man had snapped the gun man's neck with such force that the gun man dropped dead immediately. The second gun man turned swiftly but he was faster. A well placed kick to the groin dropped the gun man on one knee, in a proposal position. He raised his gun to fire but again in the speed of light, the man had turned the muzzle on the gun man himself. He forced the man's finger to pull the trigger, blasting about three quick bullets into the man's face. he fell down dead immediately. Killed by his own gun.

The moment Dagnet heard the first gun man's neck snap, she was already pulling out her Smith & Wesson. The gunman who had opened the door, shut it and turned around. but he was too slow. Dagnet's gun sounded the same time with the machine gun behind her and the gun man fell to the ground immediately. The blood flowing from the side of his head, just above his ear where the bullet had caught him before he could turn fully.

Dagnet observed the dead bodies then studied the man who had just saved her life.

"My God....I must thank you, they were going to kill me....b-but who are you?"

The man forced the gun out of the dead man's death grip. He hung the sling acroos his shoulder then studied Dagnet.
"All you should know for now is that I'm on your side...I've been undercover in this club for the past 8 months and if you genuinely want to take down the devil in charge of this outfit..you need my help"

Dagnet was confused "but I thought you were..."

"I am what I am...I am well versed with ancient chineese philosophy and I'm a sensei....a fourth Dan for that matter" the man said shocking her futher

'but-"

"listen to me" he interrupted her "If you want to leave...you'll keep a lid on your questions and follow me"
He bent down and began going through the dead men's pocket.

"Who are you....what's your name?" Dagnet asked, she was quickly adjusting to the situation.
"I'm double agent Sparrow Ayara...you can call me Sparrow"

"mum.....Emma....she took my Emma...Rex...where's Rex?" Olivia cried harder as Martha comforted her.
"Its okay dear...Emma would be with us shortly. Any moment from now....how is your leg?"
"I can't feel my legs...has she demanded any ransom?" Olivia asked
"errrm....not yet dear but don't worry yourself, Al has gone out to make enquiries..i believe as long as they're in Benue its just a matter of time"

::::::::::

I was hundred percent sure the hole in the wall was the restaurant I used to take Fome during the days of our early courtship. However, Andy and Bami were still full of doubt and I couldn'tblame them. so finally it was agreed that they visit the hospital, while I checked out the little restaurant by nightfall.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Ann2012(f): 4:44am On Jun 29, 2018
Thanks Souloho 19, the search for Emma continues

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by pweetygiftofGod(f): 5:18am On Jun 29, 2018
Souloho19 the great
Good job

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Oroolorun(m): 8:05am On Jun 29, 2018
Bruce Lee (Sparrow) had join the movement.
Operation G.I JOE.
Amunike and son, Devil and Evil.
Ride on Souloho19, the Lord will continue to fill your reservior of knowledge with more inspiration and you will never lack any good things of life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hole In The Wall by nkemdave(m): 8:23am On Jun 29, 2018
souloho19:

Dedication: Solomonbrown64 Chizzymaris Slimbless Cylovee Konphido Horladstar Oroolorun phoenixchap Johnspurgeon4 Bigbauer Helenbee Ann2012 Opeade939 Charminee whocarex mitchelljnr nkemdave stevodot22 Silvertrinity kaycee9242 explosive04 toeyean1507 segibambo mcbliss erudite202

I'm really enjoying every bit of this wonderful story.

Good work bruv

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by stevodot22(m): 8:25am On Jun 29, 2018
I think the hole in the wall is that restaurant where that old lady had meeting with Andy's wife. Anyways big up to Souloho19, one of the best writers of our time.thanks for the dedication.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by dimssy(m): 9:42am On Jun 29, 2018
the hole in the wall

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Konphido(m): 10:54am On Jun 29, 2018
Well well well!!! Mr Soul I just like Alli no joy's POV..
Would be really glad if it can be longer.. lol..
I just hope Emma is rescued fa.. too much pain for a 1yr old..
Thanks for the dedication.. #TheholeInTheWall.

2 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Uthman51(m): 11:40am On Jun 29, 2018
I leave work wey I suppose don finish since 9am cause of this story...
souloho19 u are just too good

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by mcbliss: 5:27pm On Jun 29, 2018
NYC one baba souloho.. always on point.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by explosive04(m): 6:57pm On Jun 29, 2018
9ce one sir, u are indeed one of the best writter of dis generation..

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by HORLADSTAR(m): 12:10am On Jun 30, 2018
Fire on BRO

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Gotee11(m): 3:43am On Jun 30, 2018
Guy u finish work, if don't comment my conscience will not free me. More grace my guy

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by joshnes(m): 10:17am On Jun 30, 2018
Carry on bro, we are here till the end.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Opeade939(f): 10:18am On Jun 30, 2018
This story is 100% on point..... Just the best.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (100) (Reply)

Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms / A Man To Call Her Own / SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.