Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,139 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

The Hole In The Wall - Literature (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Hole In The Wall (435420 Views)

The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea / A Short Story - The Wall Between- Haruna Shukurat / lovely new series to read: The Wall Betweeen by Shukura Haruna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 1:22am On Jul 06, 2018
iamloyalty:
We made front page.

Yeeeeeey!! Didn't even know
Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 1:36am On Jul 06, 2018
Dedicated to; laraemi kunleAJ chisiudeh okeyben10 oroolorun donteanz phoenixchap paafin Godwinfury Rchilee Ann2012 Horladstar Helenbee pweetygiftofGod rayvelez dimssy segibambo kaycee9242 charminee crazo samwobi iamloyalty pinkbae ekopsparoAyara Gotee11 stevodot22 seunfunmi18 pinkfeet bigbauer coolie1 you're all appreciated...

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Sometime last year we received intel about a drug ring responsible for over 70% of the crack in the streets. At first we thought the drug was being smuggled into the country but our investigation turned up nothing. Apart from a couple kilos on/in some random individuals."
The ponytail man had a voice that compelled you to listen. I found myself paying close attention to every word, every vowel.
"The big question that continued to plague us was how was the drugs coming in? We paid extra attention to our waters, doubled the coast guard and increased border patrols but we still turned up nothing or some insignifcant bursts...now I've been on this case for over a year...its the only case I've been working on and my dedication finally paid off and I got the club rebel lead. Now the reason we never seem to catch any hard evidence was because we were looking at it wrongly. The drug wasn't being flown in or imported, it was being processed here in the country. There is a very large land...about 50 acres of land and its a vegetable farm, tomatoes, pepper, pumpkin leaves and the rest. But in this same farm undercover, poppy seeds are planted and raw opium is harvested. The owner of the farm land is Amunike jnr."
Ponytail man glanced at Dagnet. "When you came yesterday asking about him I knew something was up...are you with ADA?"

Dagnet frowned "Who's Ada?"

"No not who, what.....the Anti Drug Agency?"

"no..."

He glanced at me. "how about you?"

"nope...never even heard of it...I only know of the NDLEA"

"okay then...I suppose you have some information about the the drug processing?"

"Not really" Dagnet spoke up when I remained silent "The thing is Emenike's name has come up in a kidnapping case and a murder case also"

"hmmm..." the man stroked his goatee. "A lot of strange things go on in that club...but I have no intel about any kidnapping activity. The thing is just a nasty business and the drug trade has so many tentacles that there's already a leak about an undercover investigation"

There was silence as we digested the unpleasant information. Finally I couldn't take the quiet anymore. "Have you come across any thing like a hole in the wall or anything like that at all?" I asked

He thought for a minute then shook his head.

"Does he correspond with a particular woman..she would be young...late twenties...average height?" I asked again.

"A lot of people come to the club to indulge in their sick fantasies. Some very powerful people you won't believe....however come to think of it, I recognized one of the gunmen today....he frequents the club although he's mostly in the sex zone...wh where they after you?"

"That's the connection!" Dagnet exclaimed "I paid Emenike a visit earlier..he must have sent them after me"

I sat up as a thought occured "Or maybe he contacted his father who then sent the assasins. Did you see the car they came in?"

"Yes it was a jeep"

"Black Ford?"

"yes how did you know?"

"The very same people attacked me and Bami. there's still another set..they were eight..in two jeeps. You still need to be very careful." i got up and signalled Jimoh for the keys. It was time to move.

"where are you going?" Secret agent Sparrow asked

"I have a meeting" I was going to leave it at that but a second later I added "with my daughter's kidnapper who is somehow still connected to the Amunike's."

"Wow...let's go, we'll go with you" Dagnet said

It sounded wonderful but i couldn't allow it. "I have to go alone, for her safety"

"I understand, but she wouldn't know"

"I can't risk it" I shook my head. "What you need to do is carry Emenike to the top of a tall building and dangle him from the balcony until he says everything he knows"

With that I left the room. Walking slowly, placing my left leg first like a small child climbing a spiral staircase.
The splitting headache was almost gone and the pain in my side wasn't as intense. I ignored the nurse in the reception who was asking me where I was going and if I had been discharged. I pressed the remote unlock and a Toyota Avalon blinked in response.

Olivia was in charge of the BROTA account and I remember when she had asked our opinion when Andy requested the specific car for a mission sometime back.
It was a strong fast ride and I expected to be at the location under thirty minutes.

::::::::::::::::::::::::

After Rex left the room. Dagnet faced his assistant. "mister where is the location he's heading to?"

"I don't know the place exactly but I know its some kind of eatery" Jimoh replied

Dagnet looked at Sparrow. "we need to follow him"
"Are you sure? you need to be totally prepared and aware of the possible consequences..whether good or bad" sensei Sparrow reasoned

She thought for a minute then nodded "he may need our help....he could be walking into a trap"

"Alright then, lets follow him"

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

It was good to have the sock out of his mouth but he just couldn't stop spitting. Ever since Alli no joy had removed the sock, he had started spitting every ten seconds. Now his mouth was dry but he still conjured spit.
Tueh!

Alli no joy glanced at the man hanging his head out the window. His hands were still bound tightly but his legs were free. He had been spitting like a pregnant woman since. Alli used one hand to control the steering then gave Buzz a not too soft and not too hard blow on the shoulder.
"put your head inside or I'll put the socks in your foolish mouth."

The mention of the sock had him jerking back immediately. He leaned back and rested his head on the chair. He was going to have to force any spittle back down.

"Now you're going to direct me to the hole in the wall...and you're going to tell me where she took my grand daughter" Alli forced the words out through clenched teeth, the fierce tone forcing Buzz's claim of ignorance to die in his throat. He had to talk...but he didn't know what to say again. He had told them all he knew..more than once!

He winced in pain as Alli delivered another blow to his head. "You're wasting precious time...what is this hole in the wall about and where is it?"

:::::::::::::::::::

The yam and butter went well. The baby ate a healthy portion then watched cartoons with Christie until she fell asleep.

She cleaned her gun, oiled the spring and polished the brass until she could see her teeth reflect on the barrel.
Finally she headed for the door. "i'll be back before you know it." she said to Christie who followed her to the door.

"Buzz is still yet to call in?" Christie asked

"No...that stupid Tonye bitch refused to release him....I'd show them! let me see Rex first. Infact..." she shut the door and turned "thank you for reminding me... She headed to the room where little Emma was sleeping soundly. She was amused by the confused frown between the little child's eyebrows. The girl wanted her mother.

She brought out her gun then placed the cold muzzle on the child's forehead. She took about five pictures from different angles. Next she switched to video mode and slowly raised the phone, starting from her tiny pink feet. When she focused on her face, she placed the gun on her chubby left cheek. "This is the last warning to release him...Don't mess with me!!" With that she raised the silenced pistol a couple of feet from Emma's head and fired two shots into the mattress. She stopped the video.
She was going to upload the pictures and video and send the link to Buzz's phone. Both Tonye and the stupid Rex sister who had started spewing gibberish about love and forgiveness until she couldn't take it anymore and cut the call. In fact every one in the house was going to know she wasn't playing games. She was dead serious.

:::::::::::::::::::::

The chief wasn't as energetic as he once was. once upon a time his sex drive was like a cross country road trip but in recent years he had lost the passion for sex. Now he could stay up to two months without having any sex. But tonight he was feeling good. The warden had assured him his companion was on her way and he decided he would like the company till the next morning. At least, someone he could talk to about mundane things not to mention the sex part.
The landline rang and he picked the call thinking it was the warden calling to anounce his guest was on her way up.
It was the warder but he was calling to patch him through to his son- again.

"Hello Emy?"
"Papa they're all dead...they were killed everything is a mess" his son sounded hysterical and confused like he was loosing touch with reality. He sounded stoned.

"Who..who's dead?"

"The four of them...daddy they were klled in the club...everything has almosted casted, maybe it has casted self I dont know....no I don't think so..thank God I was around...but I'm afraid that the bitch will call her police friends and lead them here....or maybe-"

"heeeey! Emy, get a grip of yourself." The chief shouted "First, where are the bodies?"

"The bodies? I locked them in one of the storage shed"

"the first thing to do is dispose the body. Somewhere it won't be found..at least not right away. Maybe tie bags of cement and blocks to the legs and throw them off 3rd mainland bridge"

"Okay dad..." his son was beginning to sound better.

"Emy there's nothing like control...control is the most powerful thing...without control you're nothing...never ever loose control, no matter what"

The shadow logged in again to check his email. With the Counselor dead and gone, he had to jump the middle man and make contact with the real client.
There was a phone number the counselor had given him years ago. A number he never called. Until now.
He had listened patiently to the phone ring and just as he expected there was no answer. he dialled again and just as planned there was still no reply. Someone picked on the third ring however and he knew he was through. That was the pattern he counselor had instructed him.
"super white laundry service, how may I help you" a thick voice drawled on the other end.

He could still remember the code "I have a white shirt that needs washing and startching"

"okay"

"It fell into the gutter and its very dirty"

"Okay, next one hour"

The line went dead.

Now it was already past an hour. 1 hour 23 minutes precisely and he still hadn't received a mail yet.

He entered the password and waited patiently while the page loaded.

In the next window he saw the alert. 'YOU HAVE ONE NEW MESSAGE'
He checked the sender; @firstminister
He downloaded the attached file and opened the word document.

It was a three page research document with every information about the Bigelow brothers. He took his time and read each line carefully then finally he opened his memo pad and pasted the document he had copied.
He repeated the two addresses over and over again, committing it to memory. It was classified information but whoever the sender was he was certainly classified. He flipped a mental coin and decided to visit Ryan Bigelow's home first. There was every possibility he would be in his own house after all. But the dead brother's place was closer. The estate was about 40 minutes from his location unlike the 1 hour 30 minutes it would take him to drive to Ryan's address.
Maybe he would swing by Tom's place first. There was no harm, and maybe he would find something that'd point him in the right direction.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

It was thirty minutes before midnight when Bami and Andy split up. Andy locked himself in the toilet of the room the fake shadow had been killed. He sat on the water closet with his gun loaded and ready and listened intently for any sound.

Bami blended in the shadows outside. He remained in the car park. In a good spot where he was almost impossible to be seen but had a clear view of everything. It had taken a lot of persuading because the police wanted to seal up the hotel but when they learned the person responsible for the earlier bomb blast that had killed their comrades was possibly coming, they had cleared their vehicles and every sign of police presence.
However they were a whole lot of them scattered in different rooms in the hotel.
They were all waiting for midnight.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

It became clear to Alli that Buzz was leading him on a wild goose chase. The man kept on saying turn left, turn right, go straight, turn left again, turn right go straight, turn left, turn right again, continue going straight........

Alli looked at him crossly "Where exactly is this place you're taking me?!"

"Sah....you know I'm not familiar with the street names as I don't live here"

"Oh...is that so...."

"Yes sah.....turn left..."

Alli turned right instead and off the shoulder of the road in a coded spot. He parked the car and killed the engine.

"Wha- what is it sah?" Buzz trembled in a soprano like voice

"I think you know" Alli said calmly.

He got down from the car and went round to the booth. He opened it and rummaged in it for a minute then he selected an object then shut the booth.
He went to the passenger door and yanked the handle but it was locked. Buzz had pushed the lock button when he got down. So he dropped what he held on the floor then leaned in through the window and grabbed Buzz by the collar. He pulled him out the window with much force then He dumped the betrayer unceremoniously on the ground then picked up the object he had dropped earlier. It was a metal jack.

"please sah....I swear I don't know where the hole in the wall is.." Buzz cried
"Then your usefulness has come to an end, you're totally useless to me" and he meant every word. "First of all I'm going to break both your knees before I snap your neck" He gave him a swift kick and the man hurriedly sat up but he didn't stand.

"Please I beg you sah...have mercy"

Alli no joy kicked Buzz square in the face jerking his head back and causing a loud bang as his head hit the car door. "Don't beg me....are you crazy? Do you think this is child's play? look at me..." he squatted down and grabbed Buzz by the chin, forcing his eyes level with his. "I have no joy...so don't beg me"

He slapped Buzz and forced the man to lie down on his back. "I'm going to cripple you now" he said in a calm voice as if it was a normal thing he said.

He touched the jack to his left knee, measuring the point of impact. He raised the jack high above his head ready to strike and Buzz began to shout "Wait..wait wait.....I know something....I know something...I know something!"

Alli paused "what do you know?" he demanded

"I know the house in Lagos. I know where she is!"

Alli lowered the jack slowly.

::::::::::::::::::::::::

The restaurant was closed, of course. It was strange it hadn't occured to me that no restaurant will still be open by midnight.
The realization added to my growing fear that I was wrong about the location. I remained in the Avalon outside the restaurant. Observing the building and noticing its shabbiness. It was definitely a hole in the wall.

The digital clock on the dashboard changed; it was 12:00

The street was quiet and lonely and dark. There wasn't any sign of life as every normal person would be in bed by the time.

Lucky Dube suddenly began singing about the crazy world we're living in and I checked my phone to see who was calling. My mouth opened in shock and remained open.

It was Fome's number. For whatever unknown reason I hadn't deleted her number from my phone and now after two years it was calling me again.

"Hello...hello" I said in a whisper

"Rex Obasi, the golden detective." The words dripped sarcasm.

"Fo...Fo..fo..." I was suddenly a stamerer

"Come down from your car and go round the building to the other side....the back" she instructed

I was too shocked to move at first. I looked around furiously but there was no one about.
"Did you hear me?" She snapped

"Ye...yes.." i really needed to stop stuttering. I opened the car and got out. I cleared my throat and coughed but my voice was still a whisper "please, where..where is-"

She interrupted me "the ball is in your court, if you want to see your daughter again, you're going to do what I tell you. You're going to kill some people for me Rex. You're going to kill for me and you're going to do it immediately"

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Ryan Bigelow couldn't sleep. He stared into the darkness, unable to see the ceiling. He was in his brother's bed. The scent of his brother's cologne and aftershave enveloped him strongly and he could almost feel his twin's presence.
Photographs and family albums were strewn around the bed. Pictures from the early days of their childhood when their parents were still alive and their front teeth were missing and they smiled happily. To their teenage years when they lived with their grandmother and didn't smile for the camera anymore.

He began to plan his revenge. He needed the identity of the assassin. Maybe Tonye's hacker friend who had warned him about the hit could help him with information.

Secret agent Sparrow Ayara and ex detective Dagnet watched Rex as he got down from the car slowly. The dim glow of light next to his ear meant he was receiving a call.
He stopped, or froze was a more apt word and Sparrow narrowed his eyes.
"can you see any sign of the kidnapper?" he asked

Dagnet looked round long and hard. She couldn't really tell but she didn't think there was anybody in any of the cars. Why wasn't the moon out today. Why?

"I think she's the one he's talking to" Dagnet whispered

"yes...it seems she's telling him to walk"

"We Should follow?"

"No hold on a bit"

They watched Rex as he walked slowly, as if he was in a trance and disappeared round the bend.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hole In The Wall by pinkbae(f): 3:19am On Jul 06, 2018
Thanks for the very long update,i so love this story

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Oroolorun(m): 7:00am On Jul 06, 2018
The last thing Rex should do is to kill for the bit_ch, even if na devil she wan kill self.
Alli no joy appeared to be more stronger here than in DD.
Bigelow must not die.
Where is Small Sam for God sake?
Good job Oga Souloho19, more ink to your pen.

3 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Seunfunmi18(m): 7:21am On Jul 06, 2018
Thanks for the update.
It came in at the right time.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by chisiudeh: 7:59am On Jul 06, 2018
Thank you OP. Nice one here. Abeg keep Bigelow alive for me anyway u can. He needs to avenge his brother.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by bimberry1307(f): 11:13am On Jul 06, 2018
Well done, souloho19. Now that the stupid buzz has spilled the child's location, I hope Ali no joy will be able to handle christie and rescue the child.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by explosive04(m): 12:55pm On Jul 06, 2018
Thanks for d long update sir..u are still d best

2 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by samwobi(m): 1:33pm On Jul 06, 2018
Wonderful

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by queenitee(f): 2:43pm On Jul 06, 2018
I'm sorry I haven't been commenting, I haven't been online. This is serious

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by mcjesuspikin(m): 3:55pm On Jul 06, 2018
Rex..... oh my Rex....... please don't die oooooooo Nice story boss.keep it coming... A bottle of Gulder after d story

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Kechbeau: 4:54pm On Jul 06, 2018
wow, first time I am commenting..been a ghost reader, followed ur story too last year...you are talented bro....
please let none of them die�

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by donteanz(m): 5:35pm On Jul 06, 2018
Souloho19 Baba, You Sha No Go Kill Person With This Your Pattern.
You're The Best Bro. Forget Haters

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by honourable356(m): 6:08pm On Jul 06, 2018
Down health wise but following quietly from a distance.
Good Job Souloho19.

Every episodes really did touch a nerve and provokes unexplained reaction depending on the individual.

You are doing a damn good job...
Ride on dude!

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Kaycee9242(m): 7:49pm On Jul 06, 2018
Souloho D great writer of our time ride on

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Ann2012(f): 8:41pm On Jul 06, 2018
Thanks Souloho 19

I'm loving Alli no joy oooo

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by PToretto(m): 9:53pm On Jul 06, 2018

2 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by RegArmani: 11:27pm On Jul 06, 2018
Souloho19 is from another planet. I just registered to give my comment about this dude. Souloho19 pls alert me for ur next update.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by mekonglobal(m): 12:15am On Jul 07, 2018
So Souloho didn't win the June 5k award? Well, all ye fans, lovers and readers of Souloho's work i have to commend u all for voting but as a reminder all our effort wasn't good enough to win him the award.

So i did like to sugest that he provide us an account no. where we make a donation of #10,000 mark.
From now up untill next wk friday.

if hundred people can give us #100 each, we will have #10,000 or 50people to make #200 donations or 25people to donate #500 each.
Who is with me on this? Remember Deadline 13/7/2018

3 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Charminee(f): 3:03am On Jul 07, 2018
Hmm chief. Really a lepord does not change its spots...
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Charminee(f): 3:05am On Jul 07, 2018
mekonglobal:
So Souloho didn't win the June 5k award? Well, all ye fans, lovers and readers of Souloho's work i have to commend u all for voting but as a reminder all our effort wasn't good enough to win him the award.

So i did like to sugest that he provide us an account no. where we make a donation of #10,000 mark.

if hundred people can give us #100 each, we will have #10,000 or 50people to make #200 donations or 25people to donate #500 each.
Yea
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Nobody: 5:47am On Jul 07, 2018
souloho19:
[b]Dedicated to
Soul you are a F...KING LITERARY god. big ups man.
Re: The Hole In The Wall by queenitee(f): 7:43am On Jul 07, 2018
mekonglobal:

Oya
Re: The Hole In The Wall by emmylovex(m): 11:21am On Jul 07, 2018
Fome,fome fome fome.how many times i call u.take time oh.ehen allow emma give 2 e dad otherwise grandpa alias alli no joy catch u,ur own don finish

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Gotee11(m): 11:52am On Jul 07, 2018
Yawa done gas who Rex wan kill for this mama/girl now
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Opeade939(f): 11:57am On Jul 07, 2018
I guess I skipped that bomb blast saga..... Anyway,this is still the best story so far.... Thanks for the long Update,Welldone Boss!
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Silvertrinity(f): 2:04pm On Jul 07, 2018
thanks soul

i hope with the address buzz will give, the baby will be rescued wen d kidnapper has gone out to meet rex

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Pinkfeet: 2:18pm On Jul 07, 2018
mekonglobal:

am with you

how do i pay my own
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Pinkfeet: 2:23pm On Jul 07, 2018
thanks for mention
thanks for update

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by rayvelez(m): 3:22pm On Jul 07, 2018
mekonglobal:

I'm with u man .
Re: The Hole In The Wall by spixytinxy(f): 10:36pm On Jul 07, 2018
Wow, thanks for d update

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by spixytinxy(f): 10:36pm On Jul 07, 2018
mekonglobal:

am with u

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (100) (Reply)

Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms / A Man To Call Her Own / SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.