Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

The Hole In The Wall - Literature (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Hole In The Wall (435309 Views)

The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea / A Short Story - The Wall Between- Haruna Shukurat / lovely new series to read: The Wall Betweeen by Shukura Haruna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hole In The Wall by bakeuhappy: 2:02pm On Aug 18, 2018
Thanks for the mention Oga @soluho19.. Saw this story last week. Beautiful story line and good plot.. I'm enjoying everybit of it.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Favouritetega(f): 2:15pm On Aug 18, 2018
grin(Confirmito

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Smooth278(m): 2:52pm On Aug 18, 2018
Nice one...

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by virtuedagirl(f): 3:27pm On Aug 18, 2018
Wow Beautiful one it is
Shadow is gone
Still waiting to see Emma
Thanks for the dedication
More inspirations
More money to your bank account self cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by queenbetsy(f): 3:32pm On Aug 18, 2018
I came here just to wish a bestie a happy birthday and i found myself engrossed in the story.

I was thrilled, scared, and I almost cried! embarassed

souloho19, I don't even have an idea of what to qualify you with but trust me sweetie, I owe you kisses kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by arrestdarrester: 3:35pm On Aug 18, 2018
It was as though I was watching a movie and not just reading this Souloho...Wow!

I sincerely hope the papers Rex is looking for will somehow be on the real shadow's dead body and not in the crushed and now abandoned powerbike on TMB...

Get us that next fix souloho...this has somehow become some pure grade addictive stuff Bro; or should I say Pro?

You're good man, you're damn good!

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by tonyxxx(m): 3:44pm On Aug 18, 2018
I duff my hat for you bro,your flawless ability in keeping your read building suspense is commendable.
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Seunnzy(m): 3:50pm On Aug 18, 2018
queenbetsy:
I came here just to wish a bestie a happy birthday and i found myself engrossed in the story.

Souloho, I don't even have an idea of what to qualify you with but trust me sweetie, I owe you kisses kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Busted
Re: The Hole In The Wall by tonyxxx(m): 3:52pm On Aug 18, 2018
I duff my hat for you bro,your flawless ability in keeping your readers engaged & your excellent prowess at building suspense is commendable. Seven gbosas to bigelow for finally avenging his brothers death. Now the hardest part is waiting for the next update.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by queenbetsy(f): 4:06pm On Aug 18, 2018
Seunnzy:

Busted
be doing follow follow upandan tongue
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Seunnzy(m): 4:24pm On Aug 18, 2018
queenbetsy:
izzit ur follow follow?
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Seunnzy(m): 4:41pm On Aug 18, 2018
queenbetsy:
By the way how is ur day going?
Re: The Hole In The Wall by queenbetsy(f): 6:10pm On Aug 18, 2018
After reading this story, I zoomed off to "Delayed Diagnosis" only to find myself EXTREMELY confused. undecided

Somebody help!!!! shocked

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 9:29pm On Aug 18, 2018
arrestdarrester:
It was as though I was watching a movie and not just reading this Souloho...Wow!

I sincerely hope the papers Rex is looking for will somehow be on the real shadow's dead body and not in the crushed and now abandoned powerbike on TMB...

Get us that next fix souloho...this has somehow become some pure grade addictive stuff Bro; or should I say Pro?

You're good man, you're damn good!
tonyxxx:
I duff my hat for you bro,your flawless ability in keeping your readers engaged & your excellent prowess at building suspense is commendable. Seven gbosas to bigelow for finally avenging his brothers death. Now the hardest part is waiting for the next update.

Thanks bosses i appreciate very much..about the update..would see to it tomorrow wink
Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 9:38pm On Aug 18, 2018
queenbetsy:

souloho19, I don't even have an idea of what to qualify you with but trust me sweetie, I owe you kisses kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Tnx a bunch...glad you enjoying the story....well if you owe me then I must collect grin cheesy

queenbetsy:
After reading this story, I zoomed off to "Delayed Diagnosis" only to find myself EXTREMELY confused. undecided

Somebody help!!!! shocked
Woa...delayed diagnosis is actually the beginning, this is just the sequel...everything started in DD. It may have spoilt the reading for you cos you started this one first but just try it with a closed mind that's the foundation of the characters here and all the events also.
Thanks for reading $ commenting Jah bless
Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 9:41pm On Aug 18, 2018
My people I gbadun all of you..thanks for your comments....would drop sunday special tomorrow. Would have attempted it now but man need sleep tongue grin

Jah bless you all. Stay blessed fam!

2 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by paafin(m): 6:45am On Aug 19, 2018
Sunday is here again!. But my mind keeps telling me that Shadow ain't dead yet and might even join the BROTA. Suspense-filled, breathtaking, edge-of-the-seat piece!!.. Oga soul, Ride on..
Re: The Hole In The Wall by stevodot22(m): 10:29am On Aug 19, 2018
Souloho19! Thanks for the dedication and bringing to an end the reign of the real Shadow. More wisdom to succeed bro... Can't wait for the next update.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Mynet11(m): 2:36pm On Aug 19, 2018
Nice one guy, keep the ball rolling... Thanks for the dedication. I really wish the real shadow had a more excruciating death, like Ryan plucking out his nails, eyeball, smashing his kneecap with Monday Monday hammer, cutting his primary vein and making him bleed to death. Anyways you are the architect/engineer of the story, u know best. Waiting for the next episodes: the contents of the red file, the identity of the lady that kidnapped Emma, the identity of the taxi driver plus many more revelations. In summary this story shouldn't end just yet. Don't forget my request o i.e carving out a character for my name

2 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Godwinfury(m): 5:37pm On Aug 19, 2018
Salute to u bro

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Oluwaseunliz(f): 5:57pm On Aug 19, 2018
Nice piece Souloho19

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by queenbetsy(f): 7:47pm On Aug 19, 2018
souloho19:

Tnx a bunch...glad you enjoying the story....well if you owe me then I must collect grin cheesy

Woa...delayed diagnosis is actually the beginning, this is just the sequel...everything started in DD. It may have spoilt the reading for you cos you started this one first but just try it with a closed mind that's the foundation of the characters here and all the events also.
Thanks for reading $ commenting Jah bless
Done!

Now I fully understand.

Rex... Always finding himself attached to "papers" one way or the other!! wink

Souloho, where's the Sunday special na?? angry

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by honourable356(m): 8:14pm On Aug 19, 2018
queenbetsy:
Done!
Now I fully understand.

Rex... Always finding himself attached to "papers" one way or the other!! wink
Souloho, where's the Sunday special na?? angry

The dude rarely disappoints. That special Sunday might comes mid night.
I have an objection on how the real shadow was killed.
But..
Let me celebrate Manchester united lost today against the so called minor.
Hehehehe...

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Pinkfeet: 8:16pm On Aug 19, 2018
interesting
thanks for the update.
so at the last shadow has die
good work souloho19.
more wisdom fall on you.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by phoenixchap: 9:24pm On Aug 19, 2018
Oh souloho...wer the Sunday special u promised na It's past 9 already

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by paulohgirlie(f): 11:22pm On Aug 19, 2018
Lying down on 2 sitter chair, waiting for ur next Sunday special update as promised grin grin

@Souloho 19 u re great

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 2:19am On Aug 20, 2018
phoenixchap:
Oh souloho...wer the Sunday special u promised na It's past 9 already

lol...I knew this was gonna come back to bite me in the ass.....well its still sunday somewhere!
Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 2:22am On Aug 20, 2018
honourable356:

The dude rarely disappoints.
That special Sunday might comes mid night.

I have an objection on how the real shadow was killed.

But..

Let me celebrate Manchester united lost today against the so called minor.

Hehehehe...

Bros I'm with you on this celebration. It seems they are the ones that need the garriball Sarriball cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 2:31am On Aug 20, 2018
Mynet11:
Nice one guy, keep the ball rolling... Thanks for the dedication. I really wish the real shadow had a more excruciating death, like Ryan plucking out his nails, eyeball, smashing his kneecap with Monday Monday hammer, cutting his primary vein and making him bleed to death. Anyways you are the architect/engineer of the story, u know best. Waiting for the next episodes: the contents of the red file, the identity of the lady that kidnapped Emma, the identity of the taxi driver plus many more revelations. In summary this story shouldn't end just yet. Don't forget my request o i.e carving out a character for my name

tnx man....Jah bless
about the character, I don't know how things will turn out but let's see....you may not like the guy tho

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 2:54am On Aug 20, 2018
Dedication
opeade939 Ann2012 Wonderz1 DZTZl mitchelljnr mekonglobal donteanz bimberry1307 do4luv14 Oroolorun explosive04 Phayth helenbee joshnes Bleeze2 Evold queenbetsy kaycee9242 preciousbouy Horladstar paqman rowdymind EkopSparoAyara queenitee boffinjay RegArmani coolio1 Solly1 TeameeMoses Phoenixchap cassbeat Teehsticckz bakeuhappy (welcome ma'am) Favouritetega smooth278 virtuedagirl queenbetsy arrestdarrester tonyxxx stevodot22 charminee Mynet11Godwinfury Oluwaseunliz

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The house had been gloomy for the past 24 hours. It was eerily quiet and had the atmosphere of a grave yard. That is, when Somadinma was asleep. When she was awake then it was like a haunted graveyard.

Children usually have a sixth sense about certain things. Even if they can't really explain it, they can tell when something is wrong. Utebo's two year old daughter Soma had cried herself to sleep more than one once. She had a high pitched wail that could rival even the best of soprano vocalists and she wanted to know where her cousin andd best friend was.

"I want Emma! Where is Emma!" the little girl had cried again and again. She refused to eat and not even her mother could get her to stop crying. Even the twin boys didn't seem to be in a playful mood. They both sat on the 3 seater, staring blankly at their favourite cartoon. They weren't so interested in Moana's quest to return the heart of te fiti anymore. The litle boys didn't rap along with the tattoed man, instead they switched off the teleision and snuggled close to their mother who had been trying to rock Soma to sleep.

"mum...where's grandma?"

"And Grandpa?"

"they are coming, they'll soon be here.."

"I want Emma!" this from Soma

Utebo looked so helpless "Grandma and Grandpa went to bring Emma, they're on their way"

"What of aunty Olivia?" one of the twins asked

"I want Emmaa!!!!"

Utebo looked helplessly at Tonye for support.

It hadn't been easy, but excess crying and questions had finally taken the toll on them and they all lay asleep. The boys were in the room but Utebo had slept off on the 3 seater still hugging Soma protectively to her chest.

Tonye's eyes were red with fatigue and worry. But now in these few moments of eery silence, she could try and jump start her brain to think a bit.
There was a lot to think about....

-Rex had a bitter ex who was mad with him for whatever reason on one hand.
-She was supposed to be dead and buried.
-The delayed diagnosis doctor had been the one to bury her along with her sister Mona and father Mr X.

She still had the letter that the woman had taped to the fridge after kidnapping Emma, the note had been signed Miss X. Meaning she wanted them to truly believe she was Fome, Mr X's daughter.

-She had somehow managed to kill a shadow, even if he wasn't the real shadow, Mr Kehinde was still a shadow and among the most wanted list.
-She had drilled a hole in a wall and shot him through it. The method itself was strange and spoke volumes. But volumes of what?
-Then she had taken it personal, the kidnapping and especially the shooting of Olivia in the kneecaps seemed to send a message. A message of hate. She hated Rex, but if she hated him so bad, why not come for him straight? why go for who he loved?
Maybe she was after his happiness, didn't want him to be happy....because he had taken away her happiness also?
-The body they had exhumed from the grave had turned out to belong to a young lady who used to work for the Amunike family..

Then on the other side doctor Rasheed had been 'deceived' by his intern Christie who switched the DNA at the lab and he had given the result as positive. Could a professional like him be fooled so easily?......

She stared into space, lost in thought for almost an hour and yet she couldn't still come up with any conclusive reasoning. Well not really, she knew someone was playing a very expensive game with them, but what the game was and who the person(s) was, she didn't know....

:::::::::::::::::::::::::

My father drove like a mad man, flying through lagos almost literally because at a point I could have swore the tyres left the ground. He breezed past red lights at the places that had functioning traffic lights, and drove past stop signs at intersections that didn't. I didn't care. If possible I would have urged him to go faster. But the goal was to see my daughter and I needed to be alive for that so I kept my mouth closed and tried my best to stop stepping on my own imaginary break from the passenger seat.

"Sir...who is that in the booth?" Dagnet asked after a while

"Oh....he's a fool. The betrayer who let Fo-....." he glanced at me for a micro second "who let the kidnapper get into the house"

"What.....Buzz?" Andy was livid
From the backseat came the muffled sound 'mmmmmmmmmmmm'

"The bastard.....what do we do with him?" Andy asked

My dad shrugged "maybe later we drive through the 3rd mainland and throw him over"

"Woa....what!" Dagnet was speechless

My dad grinned to hint he was joking but he didn't debunk the statement instead he said "I'm so happy Emma has been found, who is this agent that found her?"

I was begining to feel cold. The breeze was something else. At this kind of speed, it was like standing butt naked infront of a split unit. I shut my window fully but it didn't really matter, the three other windows were totally down.
"I met him just few days ago....he said he works for a drug agency or so....Dagnet was the one who intriduced us"
I replied

"You mean he's an NDLEA agent?" my dad was suprised

"No, he said it was ADA something"

"The anti drug agency" Dagnet chipped in from the back

"Ada...is that not the chief's daughter?" my dad asked

"no...not Ada...ADA...as in the anti drug agency"

"Come to think of it, this guy is just strange, I mean we don't really know him and all of a sudden he was able to get the baby from Fome?" Bami asked

"Hey, he's a good man...I spent time with him and he's pure hearted" Dagnet said a little too forcefully

There was few seconds of akward silence after that till Andy said "well whatever he is or his intentions are, its a good thing he has Emma, especially as the bastard shadow managed to steal the red letters"

"I just hope we can trust him that's all" Bami said under his breath

"Well we're about to find out" I said as we drew closer to the BROTA agency.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Martha was talking to the doctor when Kirsten got back to the room. She noticed the intense look on the older woman's face and glanced at the bed for one worried second but Olivia was still heavily sedated and unconscious.

The doctor was speaking impassively in a monotonous tone "......just like a wrecking ball, very powerful handgun I must say, the bullet punched straight through her kneecap and exited the rear crevice of her leg, it shattered the bones completely and totally devastated the structure of the leg...."

"So doctor what does all this grammer mean....are you saying my daughter will never walk?" Martha asked in a voice so full of emotion that the stern faced doctor softened

"no ma, what I'm saying is that the kneecap can not be properly restored...she would need a good amount of intense reconstruction surgery and recovery but it is still highly likely she will never walk the same way ever again"

Martha began to cry.
Kirsten abandoned the snacks she had bought and hurried to the woman's side to comfort her. She had lost her appetite anyway.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

By the time we got to the ugly and inconspicuous building of the BROTA agency I was already vibrating like a little kid about to pee on himself.

My dad leaned on the horn multiple times until our sleepy security guard came outside. He approached the car warily and I thought if he had a gun he would have brought it out already. BROTA was known to have enemies.

"Hey Ed its us..." I called out "Did any man come in here, with a baby?"

"Aaah....oga Rex....no sir" he hurried back into the security house to operate the lever that would slide the gate open.

"Shit!" I slapped the dashboard then winced in pain "Aaargh!"

"Your hands men....take it easy....you need medical attention" Andy said

"It'll be fine, I'll just soak my hands in ice block inside....Dagnet call him again" I said
But she was already driving.

"Its ringing" she said after some seconds "hello.....oh Sparrow..."

She sounded like a freaking schoolgirl talking to her crush.

Andy beat me to it because he sighed impatiently "hey just ask your boyfriend where Emma is...no time for-"

"shhhhh!" She shushed him rudely "hello.....what....you're in.....but the guard said....wow...how did you...okay we're coming"

By this time the gate was open and my dad drove inside.

"He's inside?" I asked in disbelief

"Yes....he said he's in the building in an office with the nameplate Olivia"

"Jesus Christ!" Bami exclaimed "How the hell did he manage to break in? is he a ghost?"
"yes...I mean we are a fucking security consulting company for God's sake. Just imagine Ed, probably sleeping on duty....and if someone asks him now he will say he was on duty!" Andy added

I was equally shocked to be honest but the short time I had spent with the guy I could tell he was like smoke or dare I say like a shadow himself. There was just something super sleek about the man "I don't think its Ed's fault...in fact I don't think it matters who is on duty"
Besides the important thing was my daughter was inside the building, just out of my reach....but not for long.

I pushed the door open and ran towards the main entrance. All pains were forgotten for now. They'll be back with a vengeance later but I didn't care right now.

I heard the car doors slam behind me and the shuffling of running feet. The entrance sliding doors were ajar and I pushed it in and rushed through the lobby still bare chested but no longer cold. I ran past the doors which were all shut, passing through the nameplates of our assistants Jimoh, Kirsten, Timi.... to the very last one, Olivia's office, the office I had been using for the past few months.
The door was wide open

:::::

And there she was. In the arms of this silver haired stranger who sat in my leather seat behind the desk, swinging slowly from left to right. He looked up at me and smiled but my eyes were on the little bundle in his arms.
Emma was fast asleep I could see that.
I stood paralyzed for what felt like eternity, just staring at her. She looked okay, she didn't look hurt, although her eyes were a bit puffy like she had been crying all night.
Oh! I'm gonna kill that bitch if she hurt one hair on my baby...

Andy was the next in. He ran straight into me and the both of us stumbled into the room.
I had to brace myself with my hands to keep from falling flat but the pain was beautiful. Instead of crying out I began to laugh.

I continued laughing as I stood up straight and walked round the desk.

Sparrow didn't say anything but offered my daughter for me to carry but I didn't. I remained standing, looking down at her and laughing. Tears began to stream down my cheeks.
It might have been tears of joy but to be honest it felt like tears of relief.

"Oh Emma"

Trust Alli no Joy, he didn't waste time once he got in the office. with just two strides he was at my side and cuddling Emma in his huge arms. She made a little noise in her sleep but didn't wake.
She looked beautiful!
God I was in love. In love and happy.

"I'm glad your daughter is safe Rex....she didn't deserve to go through what she did" Sparrow said softly and I looked at him with my teary and blurred vision
"Sparrow......thank you.....thank you....God bless you...." my voice broke down. Even getting through a sentence was hard right now.

Once I used to believe real men didn't cry, well if that was true I was fake and proud.

Luckily my brothers were there for me and both Andy and Bami thanked Sparrow for rescuing Emma safely.

Not to forget Dagnet too
"Oh Sparrow....that was a very bold and selfless thing....you're very brave....o....you really tried, you saved her...."

Andy rolled his eyes in amusement as ex detective Dagnet used her tongue to properly lick the rear orifice of the pony tailed sensei (figuratively speaking of course....hey my humour seems to be returning!)

Sensei Sparrow Ayara remained in the chair, swinging softly and nodding modestly at our appreciation and adulation.

I was about to request for some honey and Ice block from the kitchen then maybe some banddages from the first aid kit, I couldn't use my filthy burnt hands to touch my daughter's smooth skin. No way!
Besides the sting was back.

But then Bami asked him "So how did you do it?"

"I was in meditation when they drove by...I followed them to the house and broke in"

"Then....? did she fight you? what happened?" Andy prompted

"Nope....no fight....I calmly made her see reason and took the baby from them"

"wait a minute? you mean Fome just gave up the baby without a fight?"

Bami's voice was a mixture of suprise and suspicion. Perhaps more of the latter especially with the way his eyes narrowed.

I wanted to say it didn't matter. Whether he fought her or sang a lullaby till she fell asleep then took the baby, it wasn't important. Emma was here. I couldn't wait to tell Olivia.

But then SParrow said "No, no, you're mistaken....she isn't Fome. Fome is dead....her real name is Beatrice.....and she and Fome were lovers"

There was a sudden silence in the room. The silence was so profound we could hear our thoughts.
At least I could hear everyone's thoughts, it was the same thing I was thinking....Fome was a lesbian?

Whaaaaat?!!

19 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 2:56am On Aug 20, 2018
I told you guys she was 'bi' polar grin

pls guys follow the page on my signature.

Re: The Hole In The Wall by danyCEO(m): 6:08am On Aug 20, 2018
Beautiful!
Ride on Souloho19.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (100) (Reply)

Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms / A Man To Call Her Own / SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.